Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,491 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376310 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kloppo:
Can anyone recommend a good furniture person around ibafo mowe axis,need his services for wardrobe,console,kitchen cabinets etc

Thanks

Contact Matilda on 08173582419. One of the few female furniture makers out there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
Happy sunday
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
Pop
Wall screeding
Pre cast paraphet
Tv walls

Talk to us…

Happy sunday

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
FEGEITOK:

Disclaimer: Layman speaking!

Screeding is composed of cement which may be Dangote or POP + screeding paint + glue (usually Top Bond).

I found this somewhere on the internet:

cement based screeds should not be force dried

Also saw 7 days per centimeter of thickness which can easily amount to over a month of drying time

I also saw ball park drying time 1mm per day

My conclusion is this, I will draw out the finishing time. I will wait a full one month especially for interior screeding.

Something else, I've read about watering the plastered walls, but not much has been said about that on this thread (or I haven't stumbled on it if it has been said).

Seems that these are trade secrets, hence no one is spilling the beans.
It's the reason cement screeding tend to consume more paint as it draws more water from the paint to complete it's hydration.
Rain, dew and moist air tend to prevent the excessive paint consumption.
The paint may not go far and not be sufficiently opaque unless it is primed before painting.
Anything portland or regular grey cement still needs more water after drying to complete water requirement for full setting.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
raymondFirstborn:

Contact Matilda on 08173582419. One of the few female furniture makers out there.

Okay thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Oshodi Church Makeover Project | NextHome

>> Inspiration
>> Ongoing

We’d be playing with a 16ft diameter sky/open heavens mural on this project to give the church a feel of expanded atmosphere.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
n3xt:
Oshodi Church Makeover Project | NextHome

>> Inspiration
>> Ongoing

We’d be playing with a 16ft diameter sky/open heavens mural on this project to give the church a feel of expanded atmosphere.

There are levels to this craft

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2021
FEGEITOK:

I swear
N3xt is very very good.
Just that... He dey come with plenty English.
I have a feeling he trained as a lawyer in sch

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
...!

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2021
FEGEITOK:

I’m still looking for the before pictures of this project to show how things have changed on the 5 decade old building.

I just can’t imagine we could achieve all we did in less than 4 weeks despite my extremely busy schedule.

New builds can’t be as challenging as renovations. Especially when you have to contend with elements (weather) and unavoidable church events/programmes.

The project is currently at substantial completion stage for those who get confused with my big grammars.
The church is now fit for use while we advance into other state of work.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
What do you guys think?

Cornice or No cornice?

The new trend is to do the POP wall to wall. But as a personal preference, I kinda love to see cornice used in POP ceiling.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
KolaShangOne:
What do you guys think?

Cornice or No cornice?

The new trend is to do the POP wall to wall. But as a personal preference, I kinda love to see cornice used in POP ceiling.
The bold cornice always stand out… not the tiny ugly ones… for now a lot of client prefer no Cornice.. cornice still make sense

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Greenarrow01:

I swear
N3xt is very very good.

I’m not always bothered about dramas and criticism.

The first to criticize are those doing less than you.

Just for laughs.
How many carcass got completed in 2 months on this platform?

If we have them, what percentage does it represent ?
How many of such were build without asking for additional cost despite the increase in the cost of materials?
How many of such provide additional support service (generators, pumping machines, mixers, pokers, welding machine etc) at zero cost to their project owners?

I rest my lord! grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
Greenarrow01:

I swear
N3xt is very very good.
Thread carefully, e get why

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
gbadexy:

It's the reason cement screeding tend to consume more paint as it draws more water from the paint to complete it's hydration.
Rain, dew and moist air tend to prevent the excessive paint consumption.
The paint may not go far and not be sufficiently opaque unless it is primed before painting.
Anything portland or regular grey cement still needs more water after drying to complete water requirement for full setting.

Thanks for your input.

I reread one of my sources and saw:

To fully allow the screed to dry out will take 10 weeks! (assuming the concrete is dry under add a month per 25mm!)

to set hard enough to latex a few days

This means painting can be done after waiting for say at least a week if I read that right.
@chidi4eze
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2021
Attn: Subscribers

Ogun State Affordable Housing Scheme | Sagamu Project Now Resumed.

I’m not on the project this time due to other assignments. You can get more updates on the project at the Ministry of Housing, Secretariat, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
BrickDevo:

Thread carefully, e get why

"Our friend" is never bothered about completing projects as contracted and PAID for.
I made a challenge to him years ago on this platform to show a job he has started and completed from start to finish to the satisfaction of his client. He has none to show.
Then he will come here exchanging words with his clients and insulting them calling them broke!
It is all good and flowery words until money has changed hands...then it is unto the NEXT PROJECT. THAT IS HIS SCAM.

Like I said he will continue with his scam on this platform

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
BrickDevo:
most times you may not need to paint, if the screeding paint matches the paint you want to use for that space, me i paint 2days after screeding have been done, my uncle in Ph, will even paint immediately, screeding wey no go take time, it will cake
I think given tropical temperatures, at least 7 to 10 days is it for me.

Thanks for your input

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
Stopthecap:

"Our friend" is never bothered about completing projects as contracted and PAID for.
I made a challenge to him years ago on this platform to show a job he has started and completed from start to finish to the satisfaction of his client. He has none to show.
Then he will come here exchanging words with his clients and insulting them calling them broke!
It is all good and flowery words until money has changed hands...then it is unto the NEXT PROJECT. THAT IS HIS SCAM.

Like I said he will continue with his scam on this platform
The Internet never forgets, i saw a thread with solely his project records and the quality of works delivered, naso i open mouth dey read the thread, how he continues to win projects on here marvels me. If not juju i can think of any other way.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
@Blessedsunny2

Can I have samples of the following brick tiles tomorrow?
I’d appreciate if you can send to the same location you deliver the other stone tiles or I can send someone to pickup.

We need to finalize discussion on the tiles and I need to show the samples to my client for final approval

Thanks. Pls treat as urgent.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
BrickDevo:

The Internet never forgets, i saw a thread with solely his project records and the quality of works delivered, naso i open mouth dey read the thread, how he continues to win projects on here marvels me. If not juju i can think of any other way.

It is truly baffling.
This thread was full of his fraudulent activity from 2016-2017.
I was also a diaspora person remotely (and visiting) supervising a family project and trying to gain some insight for our project.
from Qc1 to maverick to babalose, 3strikes so many nairaland people especially diaspora that he defrauded.

HIS TRACK RECORD OF BAD AND FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY IS ALL OVER THIS THREAD

-Fake building approval
-Theft of material/fund
-Non completion of contracted work.
-Shoddy/defective work.
-No damp proof course(Building was leaking water from underneath floor)
-False structural work(cement bags in structural concrete)
-Insulting and calling clients names/broke

just to name a few.

He has never completed a job as contracted. I though we were successful in showing people his who he is, so they can be informed, unfortunately, another person is in a hole because of him. The first google search of his name is literally fraud.
has been arrested and docked for fraud.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/estate-agent-docked-alleged-n5m-fraud/.

People need to be cautious especially diaspora people.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Stopthecap:

It is truly baffling.
This thread was full of his fraudulent activity from 2016-2017.
I was also a diaspora person remotely (and visiting) supervising a family project and trying to gain some insight for our project.
from Qc1 to maverick to babalose, 3strikes so many nairaland people especially diaspora that he defrauded.

HIS TRACK RECORD OF BAD AND FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY IS ALL OVER THIS THREAD

-Fake building approval
-Theft of material/fund
-Non completion of contracted work.
-Shoddy/defective work.
-No damp proof course(Building was leaking water from underneath floor)
-False structural work(cement bags in structural concrete)
-Insulting and calling clients names/broke

just to name a few.

He has never completed a job as contracted. I though we were successful in showing people his who he is, so they can be informed, unfortunately, another person is in a hole because of him. The first google search of his name is literally fraud.
has been arrested and docked for fraud.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/estate-agent-docked-alleged-n5m-fraud/.

People need to be cautious especially diaspora people.
Choi, this is advance shít, guys be careful

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2021

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
BrickDevo:

If not juju i can think of any other way.

I know just one way.

To become more valuable, add value to more people. Participate only in intellectual engagements/discussions and not gathering on how to destroy other people grin

Business will always find you no matter how many thousand gathered up against you.
What others are struggling to achieve will always come easy for you when you’re just and fair.

Adabi ti n ba se omo enikeji mi nika.

_________

Meanwhile, we are starting another build this week. Pls wish me luck.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
BrickDevo:

Choi, this is advance shít, guys be careful

Like I said he is already onto the NEXT project.
The prior project uncompleted and unresolved.

That is the grift. Scam and move on to the next .There will always be more gullible people to fall for the trap packaging

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
Stopthecap:

Like I said he is already onto the NEXT project.
The prior project uncompleted and unresolved.

That is the grift. Scam and move on to the next .There will always be more gullible people to fall for the trap packaging

It won't be long.

Don't blink.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
n3xt:

I know just one way.

To become more valuable, add value to more people. Participate only in intellectual engagements/discussions and not gathering on how to destroy other people grin

Business will always find you no matter how many thousand gathered up against you.
What others are struggling to achieve will always come easy for you when you’re just and fair.

Adabi ti n ba se omo enikeji mi nika.

_________

Meanwhile, we are starting another build this week. Pls wish me luck.

Your juju is strong oh, another one don enter, but please kindly avoid me, i beg

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
somehow:

It won't be long.

Don't blink.
Sorry to see you were his newest casualty, but his track record on this platform is extensive.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
BrickDevo:

Your juju is strong oh, another one don enter, but please kindly avoid me, i beg

This is not juju.

He simply relies on the fact that there will always be people desperate to build everyday.
Plain and simple.
Many of his former disgruntled clients and good spirited people were able to make his track record on this forum clear, so that new people do not get scammed

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
BrickDevo:

Baba allow me to produce something sweet and cool,

BrickDevo:

please kindly avoid me, i beg

Smiles @ Nairaland.com

Good night!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: amourdivine, dapotemi, Stamford007(m), gentlesoul83(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.