Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,050 members, 7,828,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4427669 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2733) (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) (2739) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2022
topsy23:

Lucky you my brother not like my own. Finished a job and the man reside in Ukraine. 110k since since 2016. The number not going again .
man like Spyder880 is an angel in human form

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Avatar(m): 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
Hi Guys, can you advise on how much it costs nowadays to complete a foundation for a 4 bedroom duplex?

PS: It's on a dry soil. Thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
We are here

Talk to us

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
Hi Guys, can you advise on how much it costs nowadays to complete a foundation for a 4 bedroom duplex?

PS: It's on a dry soil. Thanks!
Provide details like floor plans, foundation layout etc. Someone could help you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
A six bedroom duplex.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
kemiole:
One of my sitting room wall is allign with a dwarf existing perimeter fencing such that a thin space (2 inches) was created in-between the wall. Of course, my sitting room is higher than the dwarf perimeter fence hence external plastering was done to prevent weather effect. But each raining season, the interior surface finishing of my sitting room get moist, develop fungi and peel off surface finishing overtime. I had to repaint the surfaces at the end of each raining season. I've filled the in-between wall spaces with broken block & mortar but yet it didn't stopped the moisture on the interior surface. Can cement screeding of the interior surface be a solution? Or is there any water repellant paint that you can recommend? Please, I need your professional advice and thank you in anticipation of your kind response.
Does this happen only to the wall that is very close to the perimeter fence or on all the walls?
if it is on all the walls then the foundation was not built properly, my guess is that you did not do the proper German floor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
Hi experts,

Thanks for your previous advice. It has helped me reach the present stage my house is.

Please, I need advice again. I want to do a granite top for my kitchen. Please, what's your advice? I need your financial advice and any other advice that can help me.

Thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Heymus(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2022
[quote author=adeneti post=109392268]

I deleted the message I typed to be sent to you cos I realized I'm not the one you're referring to but you should've quoted him not me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
This story was copied from my WhatsApp group.

He was paying N9,000,000 (Nine Million naira) yearly for 3 bedroom flat in Maitama, Abuja. It was later increased to 10M and he was paying. No savings. No investment. He's working. He believed and depended on his salary. It will surely be coming.

His argument:

"When you live in the neighborhood of big men, you will behave like big men. You roll with big men. Packaging. You network".

His junior colleagues went to the developing areas like Lugbe, FO1 Kubwa, Ushafa and bought lands in the selling estates there. They used their salary and built to their satisfaction, the kind of house they needed. They also rented the boys quarters and build other commercial houses they rented out.

This man in Maitama was making mockery of those friends of his for living in the outskirts of the city. He said they live in the village and shouldn't claim they are in Abuja.. He always argued that living in the neighborhood of the rich makes you have respect, you network.

Fast forward to the second tenure of Bubu, something happened. The man was sacked. Remember, for the past 10 years, he has been paying rent between 9M to 10M in Maitama when all his mates became landlords.

His rent is expiring next month, no money to renew it or even get another one. He told one of his friends— those he laughed at for staying in the village to give him a flat from his house. He sent him the number of the property lawyer.

"Excuse me. You are my friend. You should give me this for free. You know what I am passing through".

His friend replied him:

"Building materials didn't come to me for free. The land I bought wasn't for free. Please, my house has been handed over to a lawyer. If you need it, call him, he will tell you the price. There are others who need it. I can only convince my lawyer to give it to you because we are friends. So, if you are serious about it, you let me know".

He paused, they paused; both of them paused.

This is not fiction. I know those involved.

Over 10 years of living in the neighborhood of the rich, ọga is still poor. Think and plan your life. Where you live doesn't matter. What matters is you and the value you create. Stay in the forest, the world will find you.

© Maazị Ogbonnaya Okoro.

Copied.

21 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
spyder880:
This story was copied from my WhatsApp group.

He was paying N9,000,000 (Nine Million naira) yearly for 3 bedroom flat in Maitama, Abuja. It was later increased to 10M and he was paying. No savings. No investment. He's working. He believed and depended on his salary. It will surely be coming.

His argument:

"When you live in the neighborhood of big men, you will behave like big men. You roll with big men. Packaging. You network".

His junior colleagues went to the developing areas like Lugbe, FO1 Kubwa, Ushafa and bought lands in the selling estates there. They used their salary and built to their satisfaction, the kind of house they needed. They also rented the boys quarters and build other commercial houses they rented out.

This man in Maitama was making mockery of those friends of his for living in the outskirts of the city. He said they live in the village and shouldn't claim they are in Abuja.. He always argued that living in the neighborhood of the rich makes you have respect, you network.

Fast forward to the second tenure of Bubu, something happened. The man was sacked. Remember, for the past 10 years, he has been paying rent between 9M to 10M in Maitama when all his mates became landlords.

His rent is expiring next month, no money to renew it or even get another one. He told one of his friends— those he laughed at for staying in the village to give him a flat from his house. He sent him the number of the property lawyer.

"Excuse me. You are my friend. You should give me this for free. You know what I am passing through".

His friend replied him:

"Building materials didn't come to me for free. The land I bought wasn't for free. Please, my house has been handed over to a lawyer. If you need it, call him, he will tell you the price. There are others who need it. I can only convince my lawyer to give it to you because we are friends. So, if you are serious about it, you let me know".

He paused, they paused; both of them paused.

This is not fiction. I know those involved.

Over 10 years of living in the neighborhood of the rich, ọga is still poor. Think and plan your life. Where you live doesn't matter. What matters is you and the value you create. Stay in the forest, the world will find you.

© Maazị Ogbonnaya Okoro.

Copied.
wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fuckyouropinion: 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2022
who can recommend a good swimming construction expert for me and also someone who is good at landscaping/gardening/horticulture. thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
rmx:
Akala . We have come thus far

Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2022

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Nice one.

cool cool . We are pushing it , one more floor to go . Will be at that location later today , after a stop over at ring road
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2022
UC92:
A six bedroom duplex.

Budget for this floor plan?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
ChybuzzDD:
Abeg, Electricians in the house, how do you see this quotation an electrician gave me for a 5 bedroom duplex in Imo state?

Salt and Water will be provided by your father grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
Yesterday, someone mentioned that 4 of his kids graduated from an Ivy League, Columbia university and there are 2 others currently in university? At the minimum, assuming the remaining 2 are not in an Ivy League, that is 67% of your kids attending one of America’s topmost universities.

It was a post I read fleetingly as I was in and out of the thread, replying to mentions and I didn’t get a chance to respond to it. Well, better late than never. I thought it was Kopell but I checked his post history and apparently not. To that gentleman, my arms are raised, I hail you, I give honour to whom is due. In my neck of the woods, those are the kinda things we recognize as “doings.” Awon omo ire bi custard, wonderful kids like custard that make your head swell. Those are the kinds of achievements that impress me, that I seek - kids that make their parents proud and make a difference in their generation. Whoever that Oga is, your feat is marvellous in my sight. You are doing extremely well smiley

Some would say shebi it’s the kids that had the intellect to attend and graduate an Ivy League school but I say to parents: Never underestimate the power of the upbringing, the motivation, the direction that you give your children and the conditions you create to help them succeed. May our offspring make us proud, may we have the resources to help them achieve their purpose. Well done, Sir!

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
ChybuzzDD:
Abeg, Electricians in the house, how do you see this quotation an electrician gave me for a 5 bedroom duplex in Imo state?

you dont have any socket in the building? cant see any 2.5mm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
henrymor:
Hi experts,

Thanks for your previous advice. It has helped me reach the present stage my house is.

Please, I need advice again. I want to do a granite top for my kitchen. Please, what's your advice? I need your financial advice and any other advice that can help me.

Thanks!

Is it a granite top or marble tiles top?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

Budget for this floor plan?
The design spans 21metres by 18metres
Design charges (Architectural/Engineering drawings) - #250k
Approximate cost for carcass on a dry land - #21m.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
henrymor:
Hi experts,

Thanks!
If you can afford it go for it, if you can't use wood for the top then lace it with ceramic tiles it will be cheaper than granite top. no much advice is needed for this one, money should be your motivation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
kemiole:
One of my sitting room wall is allign with a dwarf existing perimeter fencing such that a thin space (2 inches) was created in-between the wall. Of course, my sitting room is higher than the dwarf perimeter fence hence external plastering was done to prevent weather effect. But each raining season, the interior surface finishing of my sitting room get moist, develop fungi and peel off surface finishing overtime. I had to repaint the surfaces at the end of each raining season. I've filled the in-between wall spaces with broken block & mortar but yet it didn't stopped the moisture on the interior surface. Can cement screeding of the interior surface be a solution? Or is there any water repellant paint that you can recommend? Please, I need your professional advice and thank you in anticipation of your kind response.

IF THE MOISTURE CANT BE CONTROLLED.....USE RECENT FINE WALL PAPER TO COVER IT UP... USE ENOUGH TOP BOND... IT WILL LAST YOU MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
[quote author=michlins post=109460170]Forget the English, this is what I do and I do it well too.

I like that gate!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
debeey87:

Is it a granite top or marble tiles top?

Granite top.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
BrickDevo:

If you can afford it go for it, if you can't use wood for the top then lace it with ceramic tiles it will be cheaper than granite top. no much advice is needed for this one, money should be your motivation

Oh really! So there is something like using a wooden top with tiles lacing? Please, I need more info about. A picture will be appreciated please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2022
[quote author=Jeff68 post=109485463][/quote] thank you. Let's run it for you for shikini money, timely delivery and best of materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
henrymor:

Oh really! So there is something like using a wooden top with tiles lacing? Please, I need more info about. A picture will be appreciated please

Yes oh pictures attached

Ps: i produce amazing kitchen interior designs, please dm me, if you need a good design for your kitchen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
Installed, still your Blessed sunny

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
debeey87:

Holy crown (zero 8 zero three two five one 63 five five) helped to source 300bags. He also supervises my build in my absence behind Obasanjo farm. You can reach out to him

Eeyah... I've gotten already... It was needed urgently then
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2022
BrickDevo:

Yes oh pictures attached

Ps: i produce amazing kitchen interior designs, please dm me, if you need a good design for your kitchen
wow! This is amazing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 10:24pm On Jan 18, 2022
michlins:
thank you. Let's run it for you for shikini money, timely delivery and best of materials
How much is it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2733) (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) (2739) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.