Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4375097 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
MMotimo:
Yesterday, someone mentioned that 4 of his kids graduated from an Ivy League, Columbia university and there are 2 others currently in university? At the minimum, assuming the remaining 2 are not in an Ivy League, that is 67% of your kids attending one of America’s topmost universities.

It was a post I read fleetingly as I was in and out of the thread, replying to mentions and I didn’t get a chance to respond to it. Well, better late than never. I thought it was Kopell but I checked his post history and apparently not. To that gentleman, my arms are raised, I hail you, I give honour to whom is due. In my neck of the woods, those are the kinda things we recognize as “doings.” Awon omo ire bi custard, wonderful kids like custard that make your head swell. Those are the kinds of achievements that impress me, that I seek - kids that make their parents proud and make a difference in their generation. Whoever that Oga is, your feat is marvellous in my sight. You are doing extremely well smiley

Some would say shebi it’s the kids that had the intellect to attend and graduate an Ivy League school but I say to parents: Never underestimate the power of the upbringing, the motivation, the direction that you give your children and the conditions you create to help them succeed. May our offspring make us proud, may we have the resources to help them achieve their purpose. Well done, Sir!

2 Graduate from Columbia 4 years, 2 more to go @ NYU. Not easy Alhamdulilahi we thank God so far for the journey.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:35pm On Jan 18, 2022
kopell:
2 Graduate from Columbia 4 years, 2 more to go @ NYU. Not easy Alhamdulilahi we thank God so far for the journey.
Daddy’s girl

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kemiole: 11:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
Does this happen only to the wall that is very close to the perimeter fence or on all the walls? YES, IT AFFECTD ONLY THE WALL THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO THE DWARF PERIMTER FENCE. ATTACHED IS THE IMAGE OF THE AFFECTED WALLS FOR YOUR PERUSE
if it is on all the walls then the foundation was not built properly, my guess is that you did not do the proper German floor. IT'S NOT DAMPNESS AS A RESULT OF DEFECT IN DPM OR DPC BUT RATHER WATER ACCUMULATING WITHIN THE HOLLOWS OF THE SANDCRETE BLOCKS (OF THE DWARF FENCE) WHICH IS PARALLEL WITH THE SITTING ROOM WALL

Thank you for your prompt response.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:14am On Jan 19, 2022
kemiole:
Does this happen only to the wall that is very close to the perimeter fence or on all the walls? YES, IT AFFECTD ONLY THE WALL THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO THE DWARF PERIMTER FENCE. ATTACHED IS THE IMAGE OF THE AFFECTED WALLS FOR YOUR PERUSE
if it is on all the walls then the foundation was not built properly, my guess is that you did not do the proper German floor. IT'S NOT DAMPNESS AS A RESULT OF DEFECT IN DPM OR DPC BUT RATHER WATER ACCUMULATING WITHIN THE HOLLOWS OF THE SANDCRETE BLOCKS (OF THE DWARF FENCE) WHICH IS PARALLEL WITH THE SITTING ROOM WALL

Thank you for your prompt response.

Can you attach a photo of the dwarf wall vis a vis the external house wall? I'm just wondering how an external wall (dwarf or tall) can cause this much damage internally.

It is possible your roof is leaking.

Is the dwarf wall in contact with the external wall of the house? If no, like you previously said, then how is the water transmitted to the internal wall if your DPC (German floor) is holding up like you said?

You may have a leaking roof. It is possible rain water is finding a way into the blocks' cavity.

Or you have breached your German floor at that point by sand filling above the DPC. This is a common feature of damp homes. Check if you have sandfill above your DPC but with the widespread of the damp you showed, I will guess it's a leaking roof.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 12:39am On Jan 19, 2022
sonnie10:

Daddy’s girl got this in the mail last week.
All I said was, “you are truly dads girl,. No noise just “show your work.”
MSc. Computer Engineering loading.
Doings!

LOUD IT!!!!!!!
Awon omo ire bi custard

#Naijagirlskillingit cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 12:44am On Jan 19, 2022
kopell:

Se NYU wa keere ni? I get excited when I hear/see kids of Nigerian immigrants doing well because that is proof of what our people can achieve, given the right environment. Plus you know you will never have to chase or beg anyone to give your child admission or a job or any other advantage.

America rewards talent and all we need to do is set them on the right path to eat the good of the land.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:03am On Jan 19, 2022
MMotimo:

Se NYU wa keere ni? I get excited when I hear/see kids of Nigerian immigrants doing well because that is proof of what our people can achieve, given the right environment. Plus you know you will never have to chase or beg anyone to give your child admission or a job or any other advantage.

America rewards talent and all we need to do is set them on the right path to eat the good of the land.

My first born. Full ride at Stanford.

Definitely didn’t get the brains from me but like you said I slaved to provide the enabling environment.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 1:17am On Jan 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Definitely didn’t get the brains from me but like you said I slaved to provide the enabling environment.

So doings full dis thread like dis grin

These posts give me great joy. We immigrants sacrifice when we leave the known, the familiar, to another land. So, if a person has children, the greatest gift is to see those kids do well and make us proud. That is when it all truly comes together.

You should hear me cheering loudly anytime I’m at a convocation/graduation. Irrespective of the education level and whether or not I know the child; when I hear a Naija name, I am screaming because I know what it takes to raise these kids right.

Well done, Sir!

14 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 1:23am On Jan 19, 2022
sonnie10:

Doings!

Maximum Respect.

While I haven't commented on this debate, I have been privileged to see both sides of the divide.

Sometimes one just needs to make a statement.

Some make it with their car, their house, their education, their mate or even their kids.

And that statement made after someone has written you off is known to shut down tongues and leave many bewildered.

At other times the joy of knowing that you have and can flaunt it if need be, even though you have chosen to be low key knows absolutely no bounds.

Once more congratulations.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 1:25am On Jan 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Even though you like to play it low key.

"Your doings" continue to expose you lol.

Well done.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:36am On Jan 19, 2022
MMotimo:

That same year 25 of them from different families in our community graduated from top universities here, to mention a few MIT, STANDFORD, JOHN HOPHKINS, CORNELL, DELOITTE, AND DUKE. Nigerian kids are among if not more educated in terms of higher degrees today. Their siblings maintain the tempo as well. We as parents don't have money to give them, one thing we owe them is good upbring and education

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:44am On Jan 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Egun please don't fool us or me, about not getting the brain from you. Every time you write I have to go get my dictionary to look for definition of your words.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:50am On Jan 19, 2022
sonnie10:

Doings!
Congratulations bro, that how we roll
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:52am On Jan 19, 2022
MMotimo:

So doings full dis thread like dis grin

These posts give me great joy. We immigrants sacrifice when we leave the known, the familiar, to another land. So, if a person has children, the greatest gift is to see those kids do well and make us proud. That is when it all truly comes together.

You should hear me cheering loudly anytime I’m at a convocation/graduation. Irrespective of the education level and whether or not I know the child; when I hear a Naija name, I am screaming because I know what it takes to raise these kids right.

Well done, Sir!

Thank you Madam.

Second born chose Texas Tech.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:53am On Jan 19, 2022
sonnie10:

Doings!

Congratulations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:55am On Jan 19, 2022
kopell:
Egun please don't fool us or me, about not getting the brain from you. Every time you write I have to go get my dictionary to look for definition of your words.

cheesy

To be honest I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not very scholastic.

I’m more of a trade school leaning kind of a person.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:57am On Jan 19, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Even though you like to play it low key.

"Your doings" continue to expose you lol.

Well done.

Thanks Chief. The kids own all the glory from their hard work. We as parents mostly just provide the resources for them.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:47am On Jan 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Wow!
This one pass Doings!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:29am On Jan 19, 2022
BrickDevo:

Yes oh pictures attached

Ps: i produce amazing kitchen interior designs, please dm me, if you need a good design for your kitchen

Oga sir, make you tell us the cost.

I am interested too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:37am On Jan 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you Madam.

Second born chose Texas Tech.

I like this uni like kilode.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CMC180: 4:02am On Jan 19, 2022
How true?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:26am On Jan 19, 2022
CMC180:
How true?
careful I smell rat

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 5:32am On Jan 19, 2022
Wow….Men are in sizes. Life is in phases. What an impactful success stories !!!
A discourse with lots of messages and lessons.
I doff my hat 1million times.
You’ve all paid your dues.
May you all live long to eat the fruits of your labour.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 5:48am On Jan 19, 2022
CMC180:
How true?

Is true, but it will still come down. Ending of January will be better if you are buying many, it will drop more
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 6:02am On Jan 19, 2022
Ivy league's are talking while LASU and ABSU parents are just looking from a distance.

Unbalanced life!

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:22am On Jan 19, 2022
Nero2424:
Ivy league's are talking while LASU and ABSU parents are just looking from a distance.

Unbalanced life!

But those LASU/ABSU graduates will still do very well if/when they get to the abroad.

The amount of Nigerian born immigrants that are leaders in corporate and political world is staggering.

There’s something fundamentally wrong with our processes in Nigeria. The sad part is that it can be so easily corrected.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 6:27am On Jan 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

But those LASU/ABSU graduates will still do very well if/when they get to the abroad.

The amount of Nigerian born immigrants that are leaders in corporate and political world is staggering.

There’s something fundamentally wrong with our processes in Nigeria. The sad part is that it can be so easily corrected.

I agree at the bolded. I experienced it myself.

Education is so difficult and fustrating in Nigeria and lecturers dont even want you to pass because they want settlement.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:39am On Jan 19, 2022
twinskenny:

you dont have any socket in the building? cant see any 2.5mm

Good observation. Thanks for that. It seems the guy is planning to use 1.5mm for the sockets, which is very bad.

How do you see the various prices he quoted, viz-a-viz the current prices in the market?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:41am On Jan 19, 2022
[quote author=folmus post=109481150]

Salt and Water will be provided by your father grin grin grin grin grin[/quot

Don't mind the crazy guy. His father there! grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 6:44am On Jan 19, 2022
folmus:

Oga sir, make you tell us the cost.

I am interested too.
It depends on the cabinet design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:48am On Jan 19, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Good observation. Thanks for that. It seems the guy is planning to use 1.5mm for the sockets, which is very bad.

How do you see the various prices he quoted, viz-a-viz the current prices in the market?
prices seem okay but don't know the brand though...

Please don't allow him to use 1.5mm for socket ..2.5mm minimum

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 7:01am On Jan 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I think I’ve seen this edifice.
I think I say it yesterday too opposite yunsun fuel station or so. ..na 360 area we dey do our own

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: khaynoni(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.