Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401197 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) (2741) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 7:19am On Jan 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

But those LASU/ABSU graduates will still do very well if/when they get to the abroad.

The amount of Nigerian born immigrants that are leaders in corporate and political world is staggering.

There’s something fundamentally wrong with our processes in Nigeria. The sad part is that it can be so easily corrected.

Don't even be discouraged if your own tuff is Nigeria. Lots of Nigerian kids that schooled in Nigeria went abroad and graduated top of their classes, secured decent jobs more than some privileged few that were born, brought up and schooled abroad.

Let the determination and the will power to excel be there. After all, I schooled in Nigeria and went abroad for my masters with scholarship (fully funded) and came out with distinction in my course of study. I still came back to Nigeria. Some other scholars stayed back and are still doing pretty good abroad.

It's all about individual gifts, parental guidance and unshakable desire to succeed.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fuckyouropinion: 7:19am On Jan 19, 2022
MMotimo:

When you’ve learnt to make requests in a polite manner, I might respond.
I don’t respond to commands. Good breeding/manners matters

meeen, who do you think you are? abeg furck off.. the boy ask you simple question you don dey form supreme leader, "better-off" mentality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:25am On Jan 19, 2022
Focusmind:

Don't even be discouraged if your own tuff is Nigeria. Lots of Nigerian kids that schooled in Nigeria went abroad and graduated top of their classes, secured decent jobs more than some privileged few that were born, brought up and schooled abroad.

Let the determination and the will power to excel be there. After all, I schooled in Nigeria and went abroad for my masters with scholarship (fully funded) and came out with distinction in my course of study. I still came back to Nigeria. Some other scholars stayed back and are still doing pretty good abroad.

It's all about individual gifts, parental guidance and unshakable desire to succeed.

I completely agree.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:45am On Jan 19, 2022
Jeff68:

How much is it?
with complete wrought iron materials and 2mm plain pan, it's 950,000 and without wrought iron it's 600,000

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:49am On Jan 19, 2022
In summary :

Proper upbringing plus the right education = What you owe your children.

Plus inheritance even if they wouldn't need it to survive (But they want it).

God bless every one of us to be true parents/citizens/neighbours.

I hail cool

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ndyoo(m): 8:06am On Jan 19, 2022
rmx:

50 to 100k

Do you know someone who does geological survey and afterwards drill the borehole?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 8:08am On Jan 19, 2022
I was reading the whole exchange as a guest, I was enjoying the argument on whether to build a big house or a small house but ego got into it and the exchange took a sad turn.

How did we start comparing ivy league schools on an housing section is just unfortunate. Can we get back to the original debate as my dad wants to choose a house type for the villa.

Humble request.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 8:15am On Jan 19, 2022
successmatters:
I was reading the whole exchange as a guest, I was enjoying the argument on whether to build a big house or a small house but ego got into it and the exchange took a sad turn.

How did we start comparing ivy league schools on an housing section is just unfortunate. Can we get back to the original debate as my dad wants to choose a house type foe the villa.

Humble request.

They reported me to the mods, removed my post here so I walked away to allow them change the narrative. Some people were losing the argument and their pride won't let them admit that. So the changed "DOINGS" in housing to DOINGS in academics, who does that? grin let me tell you guys, when these children finish with their ivy league schools, shey them go live for trees ni? grin

No bi house them go use the money build finally?

Admin, abeg move all the education talks to education section. We're here to learn another topic.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:18am On Jan 19, 2022
successmatters:

How did we start comparing ivy league schools on an housing section is just unfortunate. Can we get back to the original debate as my dad wants to choose a house type foe the villa.

Humble request.
we're humans. Ego is part of what makes us human. Learn from the bosses here who have gone ahead in life and make better choices for yourself. Another thing is that just because here is a public place doesn't mean you can disrespect people here.

Good morning everyone and remember that I'm a welder and I will deliver your job

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tbred: 8:19am On Jan 19, 2022
Bluestones Properties LTD.

We are a reputable and dedicated Real Estate Company that is into sales, renting/letting out , buying as well as facility management.

We are committed and dedicated.

If you're a property owner who needs the services of a Real Estate Agent to market/sell or rent out your properties,then we are more than committed to give you a dedicated service.

For the Diasporans, we are always at your services.

Contract the letting out of your apartments ,sales of your properties to us @bluestonesproperties and relax while we handle business.

We are just a phone call away
Contacts: +2348023536207 (Call/WhatsApp)
Instagram: @bluestonesproperties
Kindly follow us on Instagram/send a DM.

We operate majorly in Lagos and Ibadan for now.

Bluestones Properties LTD.

Committed and dedicated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:23am On Jan 19, 2022
DrGoodman:

They reported me to the mods, removed my post here so I walked away to allow them change the narrative. Some people were losing the argument and their pride won't let them admit that. So the changed "DOINGS" in housing to DOINGS in academics, who does that? grin let me tell you guys, when these children finish with their ivy league schools, shey them go live foe trees? grin

No bi house them go use the money build finally?

Admin, abeg move all the education talks to education section. We're here to learn another topic.

Not like it matters but your comments on the issue are still on the thread and showing except you meant something else.

Enjoy your day.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 8:24am On Jan 19, 2022
michlins:
we're humans. Ego is part of what makes us human. Learn from the bosses here who have gone ahead in life and make better choices for yourself. Another thing is that just because here is a public place doesn't mean you can disrespect people here.

Good morning everyone and remember that I'm a welder and I will deliver your job

Can you show me an example of disrespect here?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 8:35am On Jan 19, 2022
michlins:

Oga Ndi Oga Morning sir kwa!!!
Please can you post pictures of those wrought iron doors, I want to check something.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:37am On Jan 19, 2022
UC92:

Oga Ndi Oga Morning sir kwa!!!
Please can you post pictures of those wrought iron doors, I want to check something.
Thanks.
ok sir

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:39am On Jan 19, 2022
DrGoodman:

Can you show me an example of disrespect here?
the disrespect is simple. If you carry work that I can do and give it to someone else, how do you want me to eat and build my own house and send my kids to school

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 8:40am On Jan 19, 2022
Ndyoo:

Do you know someone who does geological survey and afterwards drill the borehole?

I do , been doing my surveys and drilling for more than 10 years both industrial and residential

But I do not gurantee anybody in any way wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 8:44am On Jan 19, 2022
michlins:
ok sir
What's the gauge of the embossed pan and frame?
Cost for 1.2m*2.1m?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:49am On Jan 19, 2022
UC92:

What's the gauge of the embossed pan and frame?
Cost for 1.2m*2.1m?
both comes with 16 guage and 18 gauge embossed. The frame is 16 guage only.

Prices are dependent on your choice of design and quality of the materials you choose
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:51am On Jan 19, 2022
n3xt:

Just 2 days ago, I got a call from LafargeHolcim (one of the largest producer of cement in Africa). They wanted a storey building completely designed and built with Lightgauge steel.

My last 2 projects had Fibre cement Cladding that reduced the need for cement.

Just yesterday, I found and decided to experiment polystyrene ceilings. The prices are very interesting and friends. It’s lightweight and also very easy to use.

I was able to pull an over 300sqm suspended ceiling within 72 hours because I wasn’t doing the conventional pop installation.

I’ve shared picture of a gate column built by the Chinese in 2014. It has no single concrete and they were all tiled with 60 x 120 tiles.
The structure is still standing today without any sign of visible defect.

The world is constantly evolving. We need to move with time.

Pic 1-4 | Polystyrene Ceiling

Please do you have any idea what's the current price for suspended ceiling and what likely designs are out there for use in a church building. Also what's the installation price per square meter.........
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:56am On Jan 19, 2022
Please i need someone to loan me 150k like right nw.. Please it's urgent.. Ur money would be paid back asap.. Please.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:57am On Jan 19, 2022
bixton:

Please do you have any idea what's the current price for suspended ceiling and what likely designs are out there for use in a church building. Also what's the installation price per square meter.........
Thanks.
better go and ask the fraudster at Kobocity site abi that is his personal blog/app. Market has closed on Nairaland and since Seun and the criminals fans boys do not want a clean up this section we will police it ourselves. No peace for the wicked.

Enough is enough

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 8:57am On Jan 19, 2022
michlins:
both comes with 16 guage and 18 gauge embossed. The frame is 16 guage only.

Prices are dependent on your choice of design and quality of the materials you choose

That's about 1.6mm and 1.2mm.
Can't one get about 2-2.5mm thickness?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:59am On Jan 19, 2022
When I was giving the architect the briefing on my masion, I told him to make sure he adds a balcony to the side of the middle floor, he objected and said that already there are too many balconies.
I just said add one more, where I would be relaxing with Guinness and newspapers every evening when I retire.
Na that one go pepper my village people pass.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:59am On Jan 19, 2022
UC92:

That's about 1.6mm and 1.2mm.
Can't one get about 2-2.5mm thickness?
it will be extremely heavy and as such,it will affect the health and durability of the door. You need to remember that it will be installed using just cement
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:02am On Jan 19, 2022
sonnie10:
When I was giving the architect the briefing on my masion, I told him to make sure he adds a balcony to the side of the middle floor, he objected and said that already there are too many balconies.
I just said add one more, where I would be relaxing with Guinness and newspapers every evening when I retire.
the more the balconies, the more the handrails needed.

Glory be to God grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 9:06am On Jan 19, 2022
sonnie10:

#DOINGS grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 9:09am On Jan 19, 2022
money121:
Do you know Some Client are also scammer here on Nairaland
I fell for one last year her name are omowunmi omotayo allen
She's Still owning me Some of 2m+

I didn't know she was a fraudster not until today i came across a post on nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1173970/scam-alert-omowunmi-allen-pre-order

Since last yr all attempt to get my money void
So today when i went thru the name she use to send fund to me last

Attached is my last chat with her b4 she blocked me and Project of her Building at Ogombo Ajah

+1 (614) 556-8548 her whatsapp number

Please let be careful on this platform oo Incase anybody willing to Assist because she base in Texas
that's true moneyman, as they call out professionals here clients should be called out too. A client scammed me off my design because I was kind enough to send a good sketch up to 4 via WhatsApp and immediately he saw the sketches, he was asking for 3d that's where I knew something fishy was about to happen. As I speak to you my design is being built. That's the thief there with phone number

Name : sauban yusuf

He runs a scam company that is not even registered called win win properties
And I saw several controversial posts about his company online.

I will get him soon only a matter of time. Clients are quick to call professionals out but when they do their own stealing everyone will say " customer is right".
Customer yeye!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:21am On Jan 19, 2022
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.

There you go.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:58am On Jan 19, 2022
DUNKA:
better go and ask the fraudster at Kobocity site abi that is his personal blog/app. Market has closed on Nairaland and since Seun and the criminals fans boys do not want a clean up this section we will police it ourselves. No peace for the wicked.

Enough is enough

If you have an answer to my post you can kindly help or better stay off my posts. I need good responses and not comedians with itchy fingers. I'm not a member of kokbocity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 10:03am On Jan 19, 2022
henrymor:
Hi experts,

Thanks for your previous advice. It has helped me reach the present stage my house is.

Please, I need advice again. I want to do a granite top for my kitchen. Please, what's your advice? I need your financial advice and any other advice that can help me.

Thanks!

Granite worktop is sold per sqm, the prices differs with quality...from 18k upward per sqm.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:04am On Jan 19, 2022
bixton:

If you have an answer to my post you can kindly help or better stay off my posts. I need good responses and not comedians with itchy fingers. I'm not a member of kokbocity.
tell him e go red this year. As long as you are seeking information from that criminal I will comment and post as I deem fit.

No peace for the wicked. This 2022 bosun the thief will be allowed free reign here. You have his number call him or chat him privately

Enough is enough

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:07am On Jan 19, 2022
Can someone please recommend a legit carpenter for wood work

(1) (2) (3) ... (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) (2741) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sekzy99(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.