Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,042 members, 7,828,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4427612 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:34am On Jan 18, 2022
mufutau55:

Nice gate Oga mi. I will need one soon.
You got a Whatsapp number?

Hajji M.
yes sir. 07032fourfour6904

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:04am On Jan 18, 2022
Good morning

We are still available for your pop installations

Chat with us

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:04am On Jan 18, 2022
MMotimo:

Where did I imply or suggest that everyone that shares your mindset must be into illegitimacy? You should go back and read my first post on the topic.

You and your crew have repeatedly made it clear that peppering people is the driving intention, anything else is secondary to that. This is not even the first time I’ve seen your post where you said something similar.

We both know our mindsets are worlds apart. Your comments about the female child, of which I am one, makes that double glaring. Here’s a piece of advice - you do you and I will do me. I don’t recall trying to convince you not to build the tallest house in the village so go right ahead while I make my own comments. No need to be triggered
well I will want to correct this notion that you think you know anything about me. While in an ideal world,all children are blessings from God,in an average Igbo community,a family must have a male child. Thank God for adoption because it has reduced the pressure of having a male child. Although some communities will NEVER accept an adopted child as a member of the community and will NEVER inherit a sand from the community unless it's bought and paid for by him or the parents. Example of such places is Enugu ezike. Go and make your findings. Things will change but until then, that's the reality we live in.

What we're discussing here has nothing to do with my personal convictions in this life. I'm just telling you about the society we live in. We don't live in an ideal world and the good and the flaws is what we're discussing.

The difference between us is that while you believe you have the ideal way of living a good life, I on the other hand understands the dynamics of the world we live in.

Life generally has no rules. Where your rights stops is where the next person own begins. Try to respect that without questioning their choices. Whether or not they will suffer the consequences of their choices,let them live it.

You pay tithes because you believe you're helping the church, I don't pay because I know the church is already wealthy. I also understand that the rich will always do what they want with their money and neither you or I have the rights to decide the best way to spend their sweats.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 7:07am On Jan 18, 2022
Hajivince:
Please I need a sure plug for Cement to Iju Atan Ota for 200Bags...

Holy crown (zero 8 zero three two five one 63 five five) helped to source 300bags. He also supervises my build in my absence behind Obasanjo farm. You can reach out to him
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:07am On Jan 18, 2022
mufutau55:

Imran, you have been scammed for real.
This is Wunmi aka @shopclue who has been duping people internationally and married to Carl Allen, a Black American and scammed him too.
You have enter one chance o. But you contact a Lawyer and get an injuction on that her house, or go to her project with Areaboys and remove the whole house roof including the wood.
Damn. I really feel bad for you. She is a serial scammer since 2013.

Hajji M.

I know not everyone likes this but if it the area boy thing is traced to him, his legal case will fail.

He applied self help instead of letting justice run its course.

He who comes to equity should come with clean hands.

In everything apply wisdom.

What makes his matter worse is that his grievance is now a matter of public knowledge as well as your recommendation.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 7:07am On Jan 18, 2022
mufutau55:

I built one there but few years ago at Isorosi Town still in Ado-Odo LGA. I never see any single Local Govt person on my project o. Never paid such money but only to Omo-Onile that I paid N200k for decking.
But my buildings are also kobo-kobo project o.

I am sure you have your Building Approval? If not, you need one to stop any idiots coming to your project.

Hajji M.

Still working on the approval sir. Will definitely get it done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 7:08am On Jan 18, 2022
KolaShangOne:

As at last year, they don't.

Did you do your building approval? If you did, you have no problems.

Not yet but working on it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 7:29am On Jan 18, 2022
Charisdesigns:

Introduction of chicken net is more of a reactive than proactive method of preventing crack on walls

The proactive method involves

1)A good workmanship / supervision

2)Using the right kind of sand

3)Ensuring to remove impurities in sand

4)Getting the right plaster mix

5)Doing a proper foundation to prevent movement / settlement

6)Curing (to replenish excess water evaporation)

——

The only point when introducing chicken net becomes proactive ( is when you introduce it between the joint between your column and wall).

Understood ��
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 7:30am On Jan 18, 2022
KolaShangOne:

As at last year, they don't.

Did you do your building approval? If you did, you have no problems.

Sir, how can one get building approval "smoothly" in Ogun State? Do you have a sure link?
I heard that the process is very frustrating so I didn't bother.
Even, the Home Owner Charter Scheme that I subscribed to, I didn't receive the CofO till date.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:47am On Jan 18, 2022
money121:
Do you know Some Client are also scammer here on Nairaland
I fell for one last year her name are omowunmi omotayo allen
She's Still owning me Some of 2m+

I didn't know she was a fraudster not until today i came across a post on nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1173970/scam-alert-omowunmi-allen-pre-order

Since last yr all attempt to get my money void
So today when i went thru the name she use to send fund to me last

Attached is my last chat with her b4 she blocked me and Project of her Building at Ogombo Ajah

+1 (614) 556-8548 her whatsapp number

Please let be careful on this platform oo Incase anybody willing to Assist because she base in Texas
I did a mini design for someone here too, after we've agreed on the plan and everything, I submitted to him and he decided to change one some things. He hasn't balanced me till date.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:50am On Jan 18, 2022
uncleteeh:

I did a mini design for someone here too, after we've agreed on the plan and everything, I submitted to him and he decided to change one some things. He hasn't balanced me till date.
I bless God for the clients I come across here. None of them have owed me a cent. Although one delayed my payment and blocked me on WhatsApp for months. She later came around and paid me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:57am On Jan 18, 2022
spyder880:
The truth is that if I had more money when I was building my house, I would have built a bigger building, because people expect us to build bigger to accommodate other family members. I am even surprised I am saying this, me, an advocate of financial prudence and someone who saved almost all my salary while working and who invested heavily back then.

But when it comes to building houses, my people dont spare anything to make a statement, especially those who suffered to make their money, especially those who grew up in hardship and the whole family slept in one room for many years, that big building is what will change the narrative, and it stays till I am long gone. I am also interested in my peace of mind while alive, I wont like to be thrown around because theirs no room for me to find solace at old age.

But I must also advice people not to rush into building village homes with investment funds, there are funds that must be invested for residual income before venturing into village retirement homes. Failure to invest before building private retirement homes will lead one to retire early, and sometimes into financial problems.

I don't care if my children maintain the house or even return to it, I care about myself for now, and the statement i made when i can, i care about the unlimited joy i feel whenever i wake up from this village house, because that's the real house i have, others could go but this is where i hope to return to, to die in, to be buried around and maybe to be hovering there afterwards (if there's anything like that) grin

My father built a house, I left it and built mine, if my children dont build theirs, it's their own concern, not mine. In the place I come from, people periodically bring their children home to the village to show them around. Show them the farms, the streams, the local markets and other village customs.

I will forever support honesty and integrity in all business and in everything in life, I can never support people doing crime either in this country or abroad to build houses in Nigeria.
What a fascinating write up sir.
I love this piece.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:02am On Jan 18, 2022
somehow:

This is why it's good to build your abode when your children are still young. At least you will get like 15 to 20 years of them staying with you.

To me, if I can't build a family home while they are young, I'd just build a 2 bed bungalow going forward with the hopes that they will come around once a while to visit.

If your children are up to 15 years already before building, it's best you go for something simple and "moderate".

The Oyinbo houses we often copy, check the families that often live in them, their children grow in most of these houses.

Don't build a mansion because you want your children to inherit it when you are also praying they become bigger than you. Afterall, why are you building a mansion for your children if your parents already built one for your according to their taste?

Build because you want to enjoy it and not for them, they will build theirs too when they grow up as long as your prayers is for them to be better than you.

Here's just the simple truth.
Building a house when the kids are very young is the deal, they will get acquainted to one.
I just hate this country whereby a young man wakes in the morning but can't find any tangible job to do.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:07am On Jan 18, 2022
mufutau55:

This is Wunmi aka @shopclue who has been duping people internationally and married to Carl Allen, a Black American and scammed him too.
You have enter one chance o. But you contact a Lawyer and get an injuction on that her house, or go to her project with Areaboys and remove the whole house roof including the wood.

Hajji M.

Seem that area boys will work she need to feel the pain

Thanks so much Hajji
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:09am On Jan 18, 2022
uncleteeh:

What a fascinating write up sir.
I love this piece.

Thank you bro.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:11am On Jan 18, 2022
uncleteeh:

Building a house when the kids are very young is the deal, they will get acquainted to one.
I just hate this country whereby a young man wakes in the morning but can't find any tangible job to do.

Sometimes, it's the young people that rejects tangible jobs. I feel there are too many jobs but people are looking for a particular type of job where they work less and get paid higher. That's the problem we have in Nigeria.

I have been trying g with limited success to get all my workers back to all sites this January, can you believe some are still in the villages till now?

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:11am On Jan 18, 2022
Focusmind:

I learnt the lesson from my uncle. Massive 8 bedroom duplex with two bedroom boys quarter. Today, all the kids are in UK, Canada, Copenhagen, Denmark and Ibadan. The house was a beehive of activities in the 90s through the mid 2000 as family members visited in their numbers from the East.
Today, when one talks in the house, it echoes. His two gigantic Listers are packed in the generator's house, unserviceable. The house continue to dilapidate, except when the one that lives in Ibadan comes around, he tries to do some patchy work.
Those abroad don't stay when they come to Nigeria with family. The stay in hotel and visit. The house is no more conducive. The small Gen cannot carry AC .

Hajj, you can still repurpose it at the appropriate time if you want. Nothing spoil. It is still an asset.
We are just in a country that isn't progressing economically.
It would have been suitable for AirBnB services.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:18am On Jan 18, 2022
mufutau55:

This is where the money and maturity flows.
The younger generation are in Romance Forum.

Hajji M.
I'm a younger generation and I'm here o.
Kindly let the money flows to my end too o.
grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2022
spyder880:

Sometimes, it's the young people that rejects tangible jobs. I feel there are too many jobs but people are looking for a particular type of job where they work less and get paid higher. That's the problem we have in Nigeria.

I have been trying g with limited success to get all my workers back to all sites this January, can you believe some are still in the villages till now?
grin cheesy grin
Really! Still in village by this time?
People get mind sha.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tbred: 8:27am On Jan 18, 2022
Bluestones Properties LTD.

We are a reputable and dedicated Real Estate Company that is into sales, renting/letting out , buying as well as facility management.

We are committed and dedicated.

If you're a property owner who needs the services of a Real Estate Agent to market/sell or rent out your properties,then we are more than committed to give you a dedicated service.

For the Diasporans, we are always at your services.

Contract the letting out of your apartments ,sales of your properties to us @bluestonesproperties and relax while we handle business.

We are just a phone call away
Contacts: +2348023536207 (Call/WhatsApp)
Instagram: @bluestonesproperties
Kindly follow us on Instagram/send a DM.

We operate majorly in Lagos and Ibadan for now.

Bluestones Properties LTD.

Committed and dedicated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:38am On Jan 18, 2022
spyder880:

not just you. Some of my workers are telling me to relax and enjoy the holidays that I'm a workaholic. I'm just surprised at the lackadaisical attitude of many people. True, Nigeria is a difficult place but many people aren't helping themselves at all

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:13am On Jan 18, 2022
uncleteeh:

Here's another truth...

Acquainted or not, our children are not coming back home once they leave for University at 16..
Just like most of us never went back..

What we can give our children is Good education and QUALITY TIME (to build everlasting memories)..
[b]Go to Disney world, take them hiking, jump from a plane together [/b]instead of buying and keeping assets they won't need (this doesn't mean you shouldn't keep assets for them)

You can Build a big or small house.. anything you can afford without stressing yourself..

Billionaire Okoya Thomas built an estate and gave his children 1 big house each in it.

After the opening ceremony, all of them went back abroad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:22am On Jan 18, 2022
uncleteeh:

grin cheesy grin
Really! Still in village by this time?
People get mind sha.
they still have some money with them. . It will soon clear
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2022
Abeg, Electricians in the house, how do you see this quotation an electrician gave me for a 5 bedroom duplex in Imo state?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:57am On Jan 18, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Here's another truth...

Acquainted or not, our children are not coming back home once they leave for University at 16..
Just like most of us never went back..

What we can give our children is Good education and QUALITY TIME (to build everlasting memories)..
[b]Go to Disney world, take them hiking, jump from a plane together [/b]instead of buying and keeping assets they won't need (this doesn't mean you shouldn't keep assets for them)

You can Build a big or small house.. anything you can afford without stressing yourself..

Billionaire Okoya Thomas built an estate and gave his children 1 big house each in it.

After the opening ceremony, all of them went back abroad.

Good points Sir, but I still want to correct an impression, the house I build today is for my enjoyment, that I created rooms in my house for my children is because I need them to stay in their own rooms in their own privacy, and not to come dislodge my placement of my own toys in my own room.

It has nothing to do with what they do when they are all grown, nobody can plan for tomorrow with accuracy, so nobody should keep rooms or houses because you think the grown children will come live in them. It will never match their tastes, and their need for their own privacy.

A house is both an asset and a liability, an asset because the value will always appreciate, whether you maintain it or not. A liability because you need money to pay for the maintenance. Leaving lands or houses for children makes some financial sense, whether they will come back and live there, or sell the houses and invest abroad is their choice, and shouldn't bother me.

I also like your point about building a house you can afford, and that's exactly what I did. I planned to start and complete my village house within 6 months, that it took nearly 2 years was because I left the house to build another thing. No need to stress yourself to build a 100m house if you know it's not feasible because of present realities. Don't build to please others, rather to please yourself, but if others are impressed with my building, I have served as an inspiration to them. Nobody should do crime just to build a house.

Okoya Thomas is a good man, he did what the bible says, it's now the choice of his children to leave an inheritance for their own children too.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:19am On Jan 18, 2022
Oh my! shocked
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:21am On Jan 18, 2022
Anticipating for the write-up, i would love to read it as well.
MMotimo:

Alright Sir, I will find the posts and paste here.

Congratulations on your retirement, may you enjoy it in an abundance of good health with peace of mind. I can only imagine the stories you could tell after more than 4 decades.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:15am On Jan 18, 2022
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
No be since @bold, SINCE FAR BACK 2008

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2022
I pray you recover your money!
What a wicked world we live, someone will just sit somewhere planning on how to defraud people. angry
money121:

Seem that area boys will work she need to feel the pain

Thanks so much Hajji

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 11:41am On Jan 18, 2022
Damn! That's laziness of the highest order. January 18 already shocked
spyder880:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:48am On Jan 18, 2022
uncleteeh:

We are just in a country that isn't progressing economically.
It would have been suitable for AirBnB services.

And this problem exist only in nigeria ? Does not occur in Europe and North America or anywhere else ?
In the final analysis we are all adults shaped by different values , backgrounds and exposures . Everybody should do what suits them , what makes them happy and that they can afford and do legally

I do agree however that we are not a prudent country or people . That’s a topic for another day

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2022
michlins:
I bless God for the clients I come across here. None of them have owed me a cent. Although one delayed my payment and blocked me on WhatsApp for months. She later came around and paid me

Lucky you my brother not like my own. Finished a job and the man reside in Ukraine. 110k since since 2016. The number not going again .

(1) (2) (3) ... (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Adedward(m), EJIOGBENIMI(m), nwaorlu, Stamford007(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.