Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2764) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4423889 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) ... (3673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:02am On Feb 03, 2022
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ..

12v 200a .... N20,000
12v 150a.....N15,000
12v 100a.......N10,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) ..

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:09am On Feb 03, 2022
Good morning
Electrical
Cctv
Smart homes
Electric fence
Home audio system

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 11:11am On Feb 03, 2022
Architects in the house, please what is the idea behind having a mini kitchen at the upper floor of a family duplex?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2022
New arrivals Spanish wall tiles only 20 by 60

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2022
TOPIC- If you smell nice, then your Interior should smell even Better

I use humidifier in my home. Make sure it's plugged in as frequently as it can be. I sell this medium sized bottle of fragrance oil and I make sure I spread it in different diffuser bottles just to make sure every corner to my house smells amazing. This particular fragrance oil has lasted more than 3 months in my house and it only goes for four thousand naira, that's about seven dollars.

I have visited homes with amazing smells and I crave for that kind of effect in my own house. You know growing up with me we only use our air fresheners when we are expecting guests or when someone messed up the house. Some of those cans of fragrance stays months and months before they get exhausted and yet we don't throw away the cans. We used them to decorate some places or use them to fill vacant surfaces. It wasn't something I was used to so I make conscious efforts now to have a beautifully fragrance interior even in my business. I love good smells and I want every Interior to smell beautifully.
Continue reading on https://kemimulticolour..com/2022/02/if-you-smell-nice-then-your-interior.html?m=1

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hatesin:

Architects in the house, please what is the idea behind having a mini kitchen at the upper floor of a family duplex?

It's called a kitchenette. It's just to avoid the stress of going downstairs everytime to get water to drink or to get a quick snacks perhaps in the mid night, during emergencies or when you don't have the energy for that long walk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
twinskenny:
allumninium PVC I think.. cause of water and cost too

Aluminum PVC actually cost more than some wooden doors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2022
MulticolourDeco:

It's called a kitchenette. It's just to avoid the stress of going downstairs everytime to get water to drink or to get a quick snacks perhaps in the mid night, during emergencies or when you don't have the energy for that long walk.

Sounds convincing.
But then, does it necessarily require a terrace like the main kitchen?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
Update progress of this duplex as requested by a member here

Laser cut rails 45k per meter

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2022
DISCOUNTED SOLAR WATER HEATER PRICES!!

PRICE LIST FOR SOLAR WATER HEATER.
100L = ₦280,000
150L = ₦330,000
200L = ₦370,000
250L = ₦420,000
300L = ₦550,000
500L = ₦950,000

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2022
Is there any work that involves hitting, breaking or vibration on your build? The crack could be as a result of these or more...

Even though the picture is not extensive enough, it doesn't look like a structural issue..
Let your mason break open the affected areas and redress them.

henrymor:
Thanks for your response. I have similar cracks like this in other parts of the house. Please what do I do?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
henrymor:
Thanks for your response. I have similar cracks like this in other parts of the house. Please what do I do?

Though the photos are not enough but if you have similar cracks in other parts of the house, this might be structural. Is that a window in the photo? if yes, I suspect your lintel has failed. Did you do "chain lintel"? Lintels are only very effective at a determined length. If too short, the lintel will fail with time leading to cracks.

Another suspect is your foundation in relation to the type of soil. It could be differential settlement/subsidence.

Did you do german floor? or is it a storey building and the cracks are upstairs? If yes, I will go back to the guess of possibly failed lintel. If it is a bungalow or even a storey building, are the cracks going right down to the ground? If yes, possibly foundation settlement.

Then it could be just cosmetic. The cracks could just be historical during the settlement of the building. It may not crack further. Note, all buildings will settle but not dangerously unequally.

Solution: remove the plaster work down to the blocks. If the blocks are not cracked, it is cosmetic. If the blocks are significantly cracked as well, you have a problem on your hand that needs solving urgently. Seek the professional advice of a Structural engineer. It is imperative to seek the services of a Structural Engineer if it is a storey building. But for a bungalow........................ well, if you are not an experience Baba/Madam Landlord, get a Structural Engineer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2022
twinskenny:

This is okay sir.

Will it be okay for my project at Abeokuta too?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2022
somehow:
https://www.nairaland.com/6969549/pawn-business-possible-nigeria#109919131

Please share your opinion
You will need a lot of documentation, record keeping, verification, affidavit to avoid being accused of receiving stolen items. Also common sense and instinct is important here.
Otherwise, it’s a good idea.

Find out how to get notary public license first or employ one. For each item you buy, have the seller sign under oath that they are the bonafide owner. Apart from using NIN or BVN, seek their permission to take photographs of them and only make payment to bank accounts. So that the money and the person can be traced if need be.

In addition, be very knowledgeable about the items you buy. Some would want to sell you fake phone as original, gold plated as gold, glass piece as diamond.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Will it be okay for my project at Abeokuta too?
ogami it should
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hatesin:

Sounds convincing.
But then, does it necessarily require a terrace like the main kitchen?
Well, if there is going to be an escape stair case, it should be around the kitchenette.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
Aforxzy:
Is there any work that involves hitting, breaking or vibration on your build? The crack could be as a result of these or more...

Even though the picture is not extensive enough, it doesn't look like a structural issue..

Yeah, it could be.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
cuddling44:
Morning nairalanders... pls how long does hand mould blocks last on ground..

And is it advisable too mould all 3200 blocks and keep or I mould as i need.. eg I need 800 blocks for foundation.. should I mould dat and do d foundation.. then wen i get to block laying to lintel i can mould d remaining 2400. ... I don't want to be Penny wise pounds foolish. Cos d project may not really be a fast one due to my financial capability so i don't want d blocks to rot away.

Pls elders and senior landlords, help me grin

Nothing will happen to it. Just stand it after it has gained strength to avoid adhesion with the ground. I moulded for a project since May, it still standing and looking good.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
Aforxzy:

Might be as a result of chasing/chiseling the wall after rendering

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
MulticolourDeco:

Well explained. And to save the aged from defending and ascending.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Excellent.

You see on my build, lots of issues. Electrical outlets in the wrong locations, windows in wrong places not allowing proper furniture placement, etc

No American architect if in charge as a turnkey would allow that to happen,

I own all those missteps on my build because I chose to be the General Contractor on my build and I trusted locals who were incapable.

I won’t blame my architect because he delivered what I paid him for, working drawings.

You are right. This is not an affront on Architects please.

I've observed that Some architects during design stage do not visualizer the actual living in conditions when designing a house . Maybe it's because we don't pay them well enough.

I know they consider lighting but I've had to shift windows to create space for TV console placement. I've had to introduce floor light because of a floating bed, had to introduce another window because I wanted the Master bedroom to view the gate directly, introduce a recessed "sunken" living room floor because the owner loves height etc etc..

I believe when we involve architects fully in the design and construction process , results will come out better.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2022
We're still waiting or our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
rmx:

Opposite shoprite ring road , another branch I think is somewhere in Jericho close to bazaar . Lebanese company , Hq in lagos

That 2-3 storey building I guess.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2022
KolaShangOne:

That 2-3 storey building I guess.

Yes.

Please go in there Sir. I guarantee you that it's worth the experience.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2022
MulticolourDeco:

It's called a kitchenette. It's just to avoid the stress of[b] going downstairs everytime[/b] to get water to drink or to get a quick snacks perhaps in the mid night, during emergencies or when you don't have the energy for that long walk.

I actually have one off of my masters bedroom in my bungalow grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
twinskenny:
ogami it should

Pls send total cost.

Or you could go n have a look when you come back from Benin..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Pls send total cost.

Or you could go n have a look when you come back from Benin..
sure ogami will be around over the weekend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
This particular gate design keeps giving.

Currently recreating it

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
KolaShangOne:
One of our completed projects this year..

External

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
KolaShangOne:

External

Nice one. Congratulations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yansham: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
KolaShangOne:

External

Very simple and beautiful. Well done sir.

What is the size of the land the building is sitting on?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) ... (3673) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Scrap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.