Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4427791 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2022
twinskenny:
I think acid...

You have to be careful though

Acid ke?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
diordaves:

Acid ke?

Yes boss

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
Loading of Stone coated to ONDO TOWN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sw6wOM3kCc

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers satisfaction is our watch Word!

Kindly promote us by sharing this post. share it now

SHINGLE( BLACK )
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

A lucky buyer is in for a refreshing treat.

Unfortunately I don’t swim in the Lagos pool being a local man.

But Lagos is also Local since its within South West and Nigeria at large.

Everywhere in Nigeria is local to a Nigerian.. Innit sir?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
michlins:
thinner

I actually have this for cars, never knew its also used for tiles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
somehow:

I actually have this for cars, never knew its also used for tiles.
thinner can clean off most paints
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
ArcToyin:

Well explained. And to save the aged from defending and ascending.

No sir it doesn't require a terrace. Kitchenettes are not meant for ground floors.
Just adding a small sink is enough for cleaning and drainage purposes. It's not for major cookings. Hardly are there any cooking down inside a kitchenette. It's more or less of a quick fix area. It could also be in one small corner to your Masters Bedroom.

But mostly your kichenette should have kicthen electronics such as; an electric Kettle, a toaster, a sandwich maker, a mini Microwave and a small fridge.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
TOPIC- Why I love Adequate Interior Shelving

We all grow into our Interiors and sometimes when we outgrow that one and we then move into a new one. But what happens when the space is yours permanently. Hi, my name is Olukemi Olutola and I am an Interior Blogger/Decorator. One thing paramount with me in my line of business is that I always design mostly permanent homes for people. And that's why I think into the future for clients while designing their homes.

Shelves refers to anything made to store, hold or keep. It could be made of any form of material but today we are looking into the newest mode of storage materials which is wood or Imported boards. The gorgeousness of the designs made out of these materials to create appropriate shelves has been awesome. Media sections, Dinner area displays, Office shelves, Bedroom study areas, Kitchen Cabineteries, Display shelves, Book shelves just naming a few. Continue reading on https://kemimulticolour.com/2022/01/why-i-love-adequate-interior-shelving.html?m=1
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2022
ceelog:
Dear architects on here, please a request.

I have a narrow plot of 28ft by 92ft and I am wondering if a befitting house can be built on such a plot and I don't feel clustered or chocked within the space.
Is it possible to achieve this with a reasonable set back on one side for external passage?
Or I just look for a more square plot to build on?
Its for a family of 6 occupants.
Looking forward to your thoughts.

I am not an architect but I would suggest you build a 2 story terrace on it. The square footage is doable. And with a good architectural design, that small space would be enviable.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
michlins:
thinner can clean off most paints

Good to know.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
rotecch77:
Update progress of this duplex as requested by a member here

Laser cut rails 45k per meter

@Michlins between this and wrought iron which would you say is more weather resistant for outside balcony rails?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
MulticolourDeco:

No sir it doesn't require a terrace. Kitchenettes are not meant for ground floors.
Just adding a small sink is enough for cleaning and drainage purposes. It's not for major cookings. Hardly are there any cooking down inside a kitchenette. It's more or less of a quick fix area. It could also be in one small corner to your Masters Bedroom.

But mostly your kichenette should have kicthen electronics such as; an electric Kettle, a toaster, a sandwich maker, a mini Microwave and a small fridge.

I had the architect include one kitchenette on the middle floor and another on the penthouse close to the mancave. The one on the penthouse will service the private lounge and the entertainment theater for pop corns and coffee.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
nokia46:
Good day house, Pls help me check these items if it is ok or need adjustment for 4 bedroom bungalow ( all ensuite) with 1 AC, 2 Water heater & each room with 2 socket points.
1. 5nos of 1.5mm red
2. 3nos of 1.5mm black
3. 2nos of 2.5mm red
4. 2nos of 2.5mm black
5. 2nos of 1.5mm earth wire
6. 1nos of 4mm red
7. 1nos of 4mm black
8. 3nos of TV cable.

CC:
Topsy23
Twinskenny

Oh man stand there why they are don the wiring

1. 3nos of 1.5mm red
2. 2nos of 1.5mm black
3. 1nos of 2.5mm red
4. 2nos of 2.5mm black
5. 1nos of 1.5mm earth wire
6. 1nos of 4mm red
7. 1nos of 4mm black
8. 1nos of TV cable.
After they finish check the ceiling to make sure your wire are not hidden there
Labor for just the wiring don't pay more 60k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:40pm On Feb 04, 2022
michlins:
the difference is basically on the quality of materials to be used. 2.5mm pan is stronger and better but in my opinion, it's not needed. 2mm will do just a fine job.

Ok Thanks. Some drunken Contractor's driver damaged one of my building's gate and I have been meaning to replace it, also fixed but not to my quality.
Still keeping you in mind Sir. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2022
sonnie10:

I had the architect include one kitchenette on the middle floor and another on the penthouse close to the mancave. The one on the penthouse will service the private lounge and the entertainment theater for pop corns and coffee.

Sounds like a brilliant plan. I am so happy for you sir. Congratulations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2022
sonnie10:

@Michlins between this and wrought iron which would you say is more weather resistant for outside balcony rails?
wrought iron. This is basically 2mm pan cut with laser.

Meanwhile wrought iron rods are at least 14mm thick.
mufutau55:

Ok Thanks. Some drunken Contractor's driver damaged one of my building's gate and I have been meaning to replace it, also fixed but not to my quality.
Still keeping you in mind Sir. Thanks.

Hajji M.
I hope to do business with you soon

modified here's the picture of the gate at the end of today

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Please what are the names of the bath tub and prices, if you don't mind. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2022
The truth is, I never knew God will answer my prayers and grant my wish. Doing German flooring was something I couldn't afford then. So, I just wanted to build the house by cutting my coat according to my size. But after raising the building God answered my prayers and not doing a German flooring is something I am sad about now.
dangoteinlaw:
And if I may, why didn't you do a German flooring?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2022
sonnie10:

I hope you're still young sir with the way you're talking about height here and there. grin grin grin

Just imagine an old man with entertainment theater in one sentence + popcorns in a penthouse grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
somehow:

I hope you're still young sir with the way you're talking about height here and there. grin grin grin

Just imagine an old man with entertainment theater in one sentence + popcorns in a penthouse grin grin grin grin
Old age has been taken care of down stairs. The architect was going to sell me the idea of “down below” living room, I told him to take off the plan as it would hardly be wheelchair accessible.
Also one room down stairs, now guest room is designed with plan to be adapted as masters when that time comes

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Good one then.. that means body still dey to climb go jolly.
Nice one.

sonnie10:

Old age has been taken care of down stairs. The architect was going to sell me the idea of “down below” living room, I told him to take off the plan as it would hardly be wheelchair accessible.
Also one room down stairs, now guest room is designed with plan to be adapted as masters when that time comes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
somehow:
Good one then.. that means body still dey to climb go jolly.
Nice one.

Officially, I still have about 2 more decades to retire. Everything being equal, Just that I started life at a very young age

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:19pm On Feb 04, 2022
Still your Blessed sunny Spanish products still in stock

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2022
Gud evening here, how is work over here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ocizzu(m): 12:03am On Feb 05, 2022
lovely post ask me questions about building and lest guide ourselves through
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by viperVIP: 12:23am On Feb 05, 2022
Good day nairalander, please I have a building project that is at the stage of fence plastering now. I believe I have overpaid at few stages of the project but then I learnt my lessons already by making sure I get a second opinion after receiving a quote from the Artisan. The fence covers 2 plots of land measuring 35m X 30m, and the height is about 2m with Capping which they call "coping". Bricklayer bills #280,000 for workmanship, I felt this is too much, tho I paid #420,000 to plaster this 2bedroom house seated on it with excuses from him that the previous bricklayer did a bad job with the block laying though obvious, so he's going to do "amisa" that is filling and filling just to get it straightened out, even though we eventually fought over it cos he tried to cut corners by wanting to skip it but then I knew I overpaid.

So I don't want that repeating itself now, that's how I landed here please.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:33am On Feb 05, 2022
HIGH QUALITY BATTERY !! DISCOUNTED SALES !!!

STARPLUS 12v 220a tubular battery.
2 yrs warranty.

Price:
N116,000 per unit,
N114,000 "2 units",
N110,000 "8 units upwards" ...

STAR PLUS 12v automobile battery
75a ...... 25,000
100a .... 35,000

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:09am On Feb 05, 2022
henrymor:
Thank you for your advice.

It is a bungalow. No we didn't do German flooring. We did chain lintel. Most of the cracks are coming from down and going up although some are start at the middle. I also noticed that some of the cracks are from the windows we blocked.

It may just be the foundation settling or the plaster works playing tricks on you if the cracks are not on both sides of the wall. I will do nothing and observe the cracks for some months to see if they are getting wider and if there are further cracks. Chances are no further movements.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:44am On Feb 05, 2022
viperVIP:
Good day nairalander, please I have a building project that is at the stage of fence plastering now. I believe I have overpaid at few stages of the project but then I learnt my lessons already by making sure I get a second opinion after receiving a quote from the Artisan. The fence covers 2 plots of land measuring 35m X 30m, and the height is about 2m with Capping which they call "coping". Bricklayer bills #280,000 for workmanship, I felt this is too much, tho I paid #420,000 to plaster this 2bedroom house seated on it with excuses from him that the previous bricklayer did a bad job with the block laying though obvious, so he's going to do "amisa" that is filling and filling just to get it straightened out, even though we eventually fought over it cos he tried to cut corners by wanting to skip it but then I knew I overpaid.

So I don't want that repeating itself now, that's how I landed here please.
let me ask,in the instances you overpaid do you get exactly what you want? Like do they deliver value for money

Why I'm asking you is because there are very few artisans out there who will do your job without hassles. What clients do recently is to stick to a particular artisan who delivers and then recruit more through him. You don't want the wahala of artisans trust me

(1) (2) (3) ... (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: truthbetold22, toyeoye(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.