Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4427766 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2022
Focusmind:

Honestly, I don't believe in using many windows as a form of energy savings in Nigeria with our dirty environment and poor air quality. For me, the windows in the house may be small in number but big in sizes, just for beauty and aesthetics.

For quantifiable energy savings, I use solar as my energy source now. I only switch to the mains on cloudy weather. But since December last year and now, with the intense sunlight and harmattan, my solar has been my source of power.

So, my prepaid meter has remained un-recharged for the past three months with good savings in energy cost. Ensure you have energy efficient deep freezer and ACs. The window AC may be out of fashion but a new 1hp window AC runs well with solar, lesser power demanding than split unit. My reason for having 1hp window AC for the rooms.

Good air is location dependant though...

Lagos PH has bad air pollution.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2022
Focusmind:

Honestly, I don't believe in using many windows as a form of energy savings in Nigeria with our dirty environment and poor air quality. For me, the windows in the house may be small in number but big in sizes, just for beauty and aesthetics.

For quantifiable energy savings, I use solar as my energy source now. I only switch to the mains on cloudy weather. But since December last year and now, with the intense sunlight and harmattan, my solar has been my source of power.

So, my prepaid meter has remained un-recharged for the past three months with good savings in energy cost. Ensure you have energy efficient deep freezer and ACs. The window AC may be out of fashion but a new 1hp window AC runs well with solar, lesser power demanding than split unit. My reason for having 1hp window AC for the rooms.

What is the KVA rating of your solar? How many AC did you connected to the solar?

The inverter AC consume less power as well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2022
Installation of the laser cut hand railings done
Remain stair way.
pop work also in progress

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2022
Focusmind:

I thought window ACs consume more power than split units considering their noise....
Can someone enlighten us on this pls.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2022
somehow:

For a start, a free energy saver is 100% better than inverter or solar though. (Both still cost money to get something worthwhile).

But I have made provisions for both incase... So nothing spoil.
Very correct, the ACs in my house is kinda useless.. I seldom use them... I Just open the windows, kapish!
It's not really about putting large windows, but knowing where to place even small windows...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:35am On Feb 06, 2022
bobkezel:

I thought window ACs consume more power than split units considering their noise....
Can someone enlighten us on this pls.....

The old model consume more power but the new consume less. But can't be as efficient as inverter type.

Even these days the new conventional type is not like the old type.

Most of their current is about 8A but the major thing is the starting current which is almost doubles of the running current
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:37am On Feb 06, 2022
bobkezel:

Very correct, the ACs in my house is kinda useless.. I seldom use them... I Just open the windows, kapish!
It's not really about putting large windows, but knowing where to place even small windows...

I agree. I seldom use my AC, my room cools down if I open 2 windows. Except on very hot weather, when i do, i have to switch it off after about 2 hours.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2022
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your tubular battery periodic maintenance .

Distilled water (1L×12 pack) = N6,500

Distilled water 25 Litres = N7,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Hydrometer = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N9,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

All available at Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state/location under buyers expense.

Further discount applies only to distributors with purchases above 500Litres.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:44am On Feb 06, 2022
[quote author=Tech004 post=109999139][/quote] this scammer,gtFoh. Your kind are not welcomed here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Joesaza: 11:54am On Feb 06, 2022
I got 2 quotations for conduit piping from 2 different plumbers for a 6 bedroom duplex with 6 full baths (all ensuite) and 1 half bath(guest toilet). Which of the quotes seem to be accurate. Both plumbers visited the site to take measurements.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2022
bobkezel:

Yea. Placement is paramount but the amount of 'air and natural light' is also dependent on the size of the windows /doors.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

In my main building, sometimes to read a paper in my living room, I have to shut some windows due to cross wind. In my BQ, overwhelmed by the main house there's little light. In fact I have to turn on my hallway light in broad daylight.
Confirmed.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 11:56am On Feb 06, 2022
topsy23:

What is the KVA rating of your solar? How many AC did you connected to the solar?

The inverter AC consume less power as well

4.5 and eight 330W.

It is only the masters bedroom AC that I put on with inverter . I on the one in the living room if I have visitor and switch back to public power.

New inverter 1hp window AC works well with low voltage compare to split unit of comparable capacity based on my observations
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 11:56am On Feb 06, 2022
Good morning and happy Sunday.

Abeg I done come again with my kobo-kobo building project.

Please help me review this wiring quotation for a two bedroom bungalow, 4 AC, 3 water heater.

4 coils of 1.5mm Red
4 coils of 1.5mm Black
3 coils of 2.5mm Red
3 coils of 2.5mm Black
4 coils of 1mm earth wire (green)
30 metre of 16mm
1 coil of TV cable.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2022
Joesaza:
I got 2 quotations for conduit piping from 2 different plumbers for a 6 bedroom duplex with 6 full baths (all ensuite) and 1 half bath(guest toilet). Which of the quotes seem to be accurate. Both plumbers visited the site to take measurements.

The first Quotation included 6inches pipes which I don't know what is using it for. The first Quotation seems to be correct. He quoted for quality materials.

The second did not include 4inches in his quote and he will definitely come back for more. Also, no materials for hot line and
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2022
MrDraey:
Good morning and happy Sunday.

Abeg I done come again with my kobo-kobo building project.

Please help me review this wiring quotation for a two bedroom bungalow, 4 AC, 3 water heater.

4 coils of 1.5mm Red
4 coils of 1.5mm Black
3 coils of 2.5mm Red
3 coils of 2.5mm Black
4 coils of 1mm earth wire (green)
30 metre of 16mm
1 coil of TV cable.

Thank you.

1.5mm should be Red 3 black 3. Let him start with that

Also, the technician is using 2.5mm for AC and water heater based on the cables listed above
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
Focusmind:

4.5 and eight 330W.

It is only the masters bedroom AC that I put on with inverter . I on the one in the living room if I have visitor and switch back to public power.

New inverter 1hp window AC works well with low voltage compare to split unit of comparable capacity based on my observations

Correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
I think it depends on the quality of plastering you want. I used roughly 600bags for my 4 bedroom duplex with two units of 3 bedroom flats. The plastering was done by the Beninoise guys and the job was so perfect.
praise010:
Greetings house... Pls any idea of quantity of cement to plaster a house of 4 No of 2 bedroom flat and 4 bedroom Duplex.

Again, must I do screeding after plastering?

Any recommendation for plastering?

Property is around Ojo, Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 2:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
I specifically asked if heater n ac would not be too much for 2.5mm and he said it will be fine but I am not comfortable
topsy23:

1.5mm should be Red 3 black 3. Let him start with that

Also, the technician is using 2.5mm for AC and water heater based on the cables listed above
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2022
MrDraey:
I specifically asked if heater n ac would not be too much for 2.5mm and he said it will be fine but I am not comfortable

Let him use 4mm for AC and 2.5mm for water heater

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
LAND FOR SALE @ Alaro, Iraye-Oke, Epe, Lagos state. (627.087 SQ.MTS) GREAT DEAL!!!
•Price: ₦1,700,000
•Land size: 627.087 SQ.MTS
•Location: behind Alaro community high school. Iraye-Oke, Epe, Lagos state
•Documents available:
-Family receipt
-Deed of assignment
-Survey
Fast developing environment. 25min drive to LASU Epe branch. 15 min drive to Sagamau-Benin express way (Lagos joining point).
25min drive to Ibadan-Ijebu Igbo Rd. The land is fenced on all sides, no gate. Purchase from direct owner. For more details contact owner via whatsapp & reference MZGproperties.

whatsapp: +447424409537

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2022
Joesaza:
Are you saying there is 1, 209,600 difference between the 2 plumbers quotation? If I'm right, shine your eyes with that low quote.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
What about kitchen socket (electric stove)
topsy23:

Let him use 4mm for AC and 2.5mm for water heater
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
MrDraey:
don't be comfortable sir .use the right guage
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ezo4fta(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
Joesaza:

Kindly seek for clarity from the two plumbers in regards to what and what each quote covers to prevent any hitch, from what I can deduce from the quote, the first quote covers both external and internal piping, while the second quote covers only internal piping, to very sure kindly ask

But in nutshell the first quote seems realistic than the second one, but kindly request from the first plumber to reduce the rate, or change the materials to ppr, like example the big bottle gum is not more than 6500, he wrote 8500,

Regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
MrDraey:
What about kitchen socket (electric stove)

Let him use 4mm also
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

They’re like that because we don’t have a dedicated consumer protection agency at state and federal level like in the USA.

Many contractors are serving jail time now in California.

If a consumer gets ripped off it’ll be a state versus the contractor and the owner will become a simple witness.

Nigeria can never get better. I say this because the young people I try to give jobs to are also fork ups. These are people with smartphones so they know all about Pinterest, Houzz, etc.
Hmmm.
Baba Egun, you may consider giving us a try at this end o.
I'm also a young blood here.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2022
bobkezel:

The knowledge of building Climatology comes to play here. It may interest you to know that windows on the leeward part of the site will receive minimal ventilation no matter their size.
Things like these are considered for thermal comfort in dwellings.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
I have updated him on how I want it.

Thank you
topsy23:

Let him use 4mm also
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
topsy23:

The old model consume more power but the new consume less. But can't be as efficient as inverter type.

Even these days the new conventional type is not like the old type.

Most of their current is about 8A but the major thing is the starting current which is almost doubles of the running current
I didn't know those window ACs still exists oo.
As in, I didn't know there are still brand new ones in the market.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) ... (3674) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.