Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4426277 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2022
MrDraey:
I have updated him on how I want it.

Thank you

You are welcome sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
Have a blessed week everyone..

We are available this week

Pop
Wall screeding
Tv walls
Pre cast paraphet

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/58#110011704

Chat with us 07088534661

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2022
Focusmind:

But the POP TV is the raining thing now with different disco lights colours battling to outshine each other in the pop TV stand. I don't know why I am always different from the norm when it comes to taste.

For my wife, this is the new decoration in every home now but I am still sticking with my wooden design TV console.
its finer and simple with wood

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
diordaves:

Photos of colonial classical architecture with oversized Windows and Doors with oversized headroom from across the Commonwealth. Oh yes! I'm with you on this. I love it. One day I will achieve it. God willing.
one of the challenges in Nigeria especially northern Nigeria is the dust

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
multikolour:
its finer and simple with wood

This is cool. But that POP TV design posted by Bolu is beautiful. No colour riot. Simple and elegant with smooth finishings.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
michlins:
how big is your home and what's the cost of setting up the solar system

My own section is a three bedroom mini duplex. I spent close to 1.2m on the solar, excluding solar heater which we are now seriously considering also.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
How do people avoid talking into each other’s face with this type of sitting arrangement?
For me, one or two of the seats must go.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:25am On Feb 07, 2022
multikolour:
one of the challenges in Nigeria especially northern Nigeria is the dust

This is so true especially when the local roads/streets are not tarred. To minimize this trees should be planted and flowers with minimal concrete/interlocking the compound. A grass lawn will help a lot. Incidentally, the greens will also reduce heat.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:44am On Feb 07, 2022
Working on a tiny house model, a half plot building design that would contain on the ground floor a living room, dining, kitchen, visitors room, in the upstairs 2 bedrooms the latter is a master's bedroom with a balcony. Plot size 18m x 9m. I will do a full walk-through this time, exterior and interior. Free for profit BRICKSTAKKS™

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52LqswbYX_A
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 3:57am On Feb 07, 2022
Focusmind:

But the POP TV is the raining thing now with different disco lights colours battling to outshine each other in the pop TV stand. I don't know why I am always different from the norm when it comes to taste.

For my wife, this is the new decoration in every home now but I am still sticking with my wooden design TV console.
Doesn't age well, Pop Tv stands Doesn't age well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 4:04am On Feb 07, 2022
diordaves:

Photos of colonial classical architecture with oversized Windows and Doors with oversized headroom from across the Commonwealth. Oh yes! I'm with you on this. I love it. One day I will achieve it. God willing.
Dust won't make this achievable in some parts of Nigeria though, or you will have to keep mopping the whole area every 1hr.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 4:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Focusmind:

Honestly, I don't believe in using many windows as a form of energy savings in Nigeria with our dirty environment and poor air quality. For me, the windows in the house may be small in number but big in sizes, just for beauty and aesthetics.

For quantifiable energy savings, I use solar as my energy source now. I only switch to the mains on cloudy weather. But since December last year and now, with the intense sunlight and harmattan, my solar has been my source of power.

So, my prepaid meter has remained un-recharged for the past three months with good savings in energy cost. Ensure you have energy efficient deep freezer and ACs. The window AC may be out of fashion but a new 1hp window AC runs well with solar, lesser power demanding than split unit. My reason for having 1hp window AC for the rooms.
Your solar covers AC, Freezer and other appliances? What's the cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 4:12am On Feb 07, 2022
diordaves:

This is so true especially when the local roads/streets are not tarred. To minimize this trees should be planted and flowers with minimal concrete/interlocking the compound. A grass lawn will help a lot. Incidentally, the greens will also reduce heat.
The tree part is 100% true but the house owner should be ready to deal with reptiles regularly.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 6:09am On Feb 07, 2022

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:54am On Feb 07, 2022
Gud morning here, happy new week,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:15am On Feb 07, 2022
uncleteeh:

Hmmm.
Baba Egun, you may consider giving us a try at this end o.
I'm also a young blood here.

No worries. I still give jobs out because I can’t do it all myself. It’s just tiring to have to babysit a grownup that markets himself as a professional.

A high percentage of my clients are NairaLanders but are confidential. When the area is ready and they’re are ready I’m sure they’ll reach out.

In the meantime I think the savvy architect should show plans that’ll fit on a 50 X 100 feet plot. A two bedroom in the back joined to a three bedroom in the front.

A modern design that’ll appeal to people abroad and one of good quality but can be built at a reasonable cost and must come with a build estimate from a quantity surveyor.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:23am On Feb 07, 2022
Born2conquer:

The tree part is 100% true but the house owner should be ready to deal with reptiles regularly.

You won’t find a blade of grass on my property. I’m done with two decades of growing and then mowing lawn in California. My friends in Arizona and Nevada don’t have grass and that’s the style I’m copying here.

I have about a quarter of my land simply covered with granite so water can seep back into the ground there.

I have useful fruit trees to do the air exchange.

As for dust, it’s par for the course. I have dust in Los Angeles too cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by luthorcorp: 7:53am On Feb 07, 2022
somehow:

Yea. Placement is paramount but the amount of 'air and natural light' is also dependent on the size of the windows /doors.

no wonder some crazy architects now put 1foot window and call it "contemporary"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:07am On Feb 07, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

No worries. I still give jobs out because I can’t do it all myself. It’s just tiring to have to babysit a grownup that markets himself as a professional.

A high percentage of my clients are NairaLanders but are confidential. When the area is ready and they’re are ready I’m sure they’ll reach out.

In the meantime I think the savvy architect should show plans that’ll fit on a 50 X 100 feet plot. A two bedroom in the back joined to a three bedroom in the front.

A modern design that’ll appeal to people abroad and one of good quality but can be built at a reasonable cost and must come with a build estimate from a quantity surveyor.
sir could this be the zero lot plan you promised me earlier, nevertheless i would like to give you the house plan sketch that would fit your requirements, have a good day sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:35am On Feb 07, 2022
Folks!!

I need a recommendation on borehole drilling.

The results of the geophysical survey recommend 80m with an overburden of 50m.

I have contacted few companies in Ibadan including the one used by @diordaves but they cannot do it because of the overburden.

Location is Mowe.

Don't worry I will do my....................... grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:42am On Feb 07, 2022
Good morning chief’s

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:39am On Feb 07, 2022
folmus:
Folks!!

I have contacted few companies in Ibadan including the one used by @diordaves but they cannot do it because of the overburden.

Location is Mowe.

Don't worry I will do my....................... grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink

TwinsKenny, baba you see the thing wey you don start? cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:09am On Feb 07, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

TwinsKenny, baba you see the thing wey you don start? cheesy
lol baba I dey on my lane o.. someone is actually redoing my own right now.. but I can't recommend please.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Born2conquer:

We've been here before. If it is a fully built up area, it is rear to regularly deal with reptiles. There are very cheap reptiles dispellers in the market. Some are solar energy maintenance free.

Concrete/interlocking store heat during the day and release the heat as the day goes by making the whole compound and house very hot. A lawn will absorb the heat. We should interlock very minimally and stop being afraid of reptiles like snakes. For the most part, it is an unfounded fear.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You won’t find a blade of grass on my property. I’m done with two decades of growing and then mowing lawn in California. My friends in Arizona and Nevada don’t have grass and that’s the style I’m copying here.

I have about a quarter of my land simply covered with granite so water can seep back into the ground there.

I have useful fruit trees to do the air exchange.

As for dust, it’s par for the course. I have dust in Los Angeles too cheesy

Shey you know say you done retire? You need physical movements to stay fit and healthy. You better continue mowing and take up gardening and possible home farming. Lawn mowing will make you strong kokoroko.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
diordaves:

Shey you know say you done retire? You need physical movements to stay fit and healthy. You better continue mowing and take up gardening and possible home farming. Lawn mowing will make you strong kokoroko.

I am typically out in the villages scouting for lands. I ride at least 150 miles a week on my sports bike and in the ozza room is someone 23 years my junior.

I think I'm good cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
for the love of black, Appeals to some certain class of people

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
folmus:
Folks!!

Location is Mowe.

where in mowe, we have similar issue..Mine is 80m too...i don tire already
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
dapotemi:

where in mowe, we have similar issue..Mine is 80m too...i don tire already
80 we are lucky in ibafo then..mine read 45 to 60.. starting tommorow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
folmus:
Folks!!

Location is Mowe.

If your site is at mowe, then you should check your Geophysical Survey report. Most likely your report is misleading.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Thought you've retired there, sir.

EgunMogaji2:

I am typically out in the villages scouting for lands. I ride at least 150 miles a week on my sports bike and in the ozza room is someone 23 years my junior.

I think I'm good cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.