Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4426362 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) (2776) (2777) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2022
Thinking outside of the box wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
michlins:
for a 4 by 4 window, it's 22,000 for 14mm

17,000 for 12mm

Is he right about casement not good with it except sliding?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
somehow:

Is he right about casement not good with it except sliding?
nope. Your block is 9". Even if it is 6", it would still work perfectly. The only way it won't work is if you want to fit it into the glass as the picture below and the only reason it can't work is because there's no provision for the handle like in the sample below.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:47pm On Feb 09, 2022
michlins:
nope. Your block is 9". Even if it is 6", it would still work perfectly. The only way it won't work is if you want to fit it into the glass as the picture below and the only reason it can't work is because there's no provision for the handle like in the sample below.

Okay.

It's a standalone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
Abbeyb1ack:
How do I reach out to you boss?

For what sir . Am Not a contractor or a supplier
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
diordaves:

Most 'standard' plasterboards (or drywall as you Americans will call it) available in the Nigerian market are considerably thinner in size than what you would normally buy in Home Depot across the Atlantic.

Just like floor tiles. Tiles available across the Atlantic are considerably thicker than in the Nigerian market.

In Nigeria you will struggle to get a 12mm/18mm plasterboard. What's readily available are about 9mm/10mm.

So for those who may need a thicker measurement probably for better sound proofing, project managing the manual process is the way to go.

I stand duly educated grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
diordaves:

Most 'standard' plasterboards (or drywall as you Americans will call it) available in the Nigerian market are considerably thinner in size than what you would normally buy in Home Depot across the Atlantic.

Just like floor tiles. Tiles available across the Atlantic are considerably thicker than in the Nigerian market.

In Nigeria you will struggle to get a 12mm/18mm plasterboard. What's readily available are about 9mm/10mm.

So for those who may need a thicker measurement probably for better sound proofing, project managing the manual process is the way to go.

You are very correct but depends on your budget I got 12.5mm board at jibowu at the rate of 12,500 for this my current project, it’s one of the best product in mkt. I also stumble on some cheap a products sold for 9k. But I don’t need such my agreement with my client was to use thick one.
Only that some artisans, contractors, home owners want cheap deal.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rainer131(f): 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2022
we are very vacant to replenish to your doorstep‘s

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
folmus:
My brother can do it, do it for 5k work

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
rotecch77:

You are very correct but depends on your budget I got 12.5mm board at jibowu at the rate of 12,500 for this my current project, it’s one of the best product in mkt. I also stumble on some cheap a products sold for 9k. But I don’t need such my agreement with my client was to use thick one.
Only that some artisans, contractors, home owners want cheap deal.

Nice one. 12.5mm will be very effective against noise, heat and will offer the flexibility to hang stuff like chandeliers or ceiling speakers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
somehow:

Okay.

It's a standalone
it will work perfectly in both 6 and 9
In 6 inches it will work without any inside dressing, but in 9 inches it will work and still accommodate dressing spaces,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
diordaves:

Nice one. 12.5mm will be very effective against noise, heat and will offer the flexibility to hang stuff like chandeliers or ceiling speakers.
Yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
rotecch77:

Yes
Sir, what is the size of the plaster board?
Length and breadth.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
Adedward:
Gud morning here, am just thinking of drop this to boss here,

Really beautiful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2022
folmus:

You go kill persin o. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:47pm On Feb 09, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Well done.
Plaster Board not messy, has a neat & easy installation Process. POP is the Opposite .

Is plaster board termite resistant? This is a major problem in SE especially if the house is just a vacation home which is never occupied during most of the year.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/59#110097628

We are still here for your
Pop
Wall screeding
Pre cast paraphet
Window hood design

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2022
Adedward:
Gud morning here, am just thinking of drop this to boss here,

Oga Ade, very nice as usual. You have never dissapointed all the people I sent your way.
Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
michlins:
Have you seen something beautiful today.

You can still secure your house and still keep it beautiful

Hope you know that the little balls at the ends of the rods are the beauty of the original design?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
Adedward:
it will work perfectly in both 6 and 9
In 6 inches it will work without any inside dressing, but in 9 inches it will work and still accommodate dressing spaces,

Thank you sir

Well done so far @ Michlin.

Will take deliveries soon when coast is clear.

Hopefully the whole thing will beautify and fortify the space they are meant for.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
sonnie10:

Hope you know that the little balls at the ends of the rods are the beauty of the original design?

Which I can't wait to see close and personal.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2022
somehow:

Which I can't wait to see close and personal.

I don cause wahala.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
sonnie10:

I don cause wahala.

Not really, pictures can be deceitful.

I still believe he's done a good job from afar.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
sonnie10:

and they're still there. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get something as big as the sample.

One of the things local artisans suffer here is lack of tools and equipments. But there's constant growth

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
sonnie10:

Is plaster board termite resistant? This is a major problem in SE especially if the house is just a vacation home which is never occupied during most of the year.

Plasterboard is 100% termite resistant unless na winch termite way village people send.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
mufutau55:

Oga Ade, very nice as usual. You have never dissapointed all rhe people I sent your way.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
thanks boss sir, God will be continued helping us sir, thanks very much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2022
BrickDevo:

I seriously doubt if this will fit into a half plot of land, half of 60ft x 120ft,
It will sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
Rainer131:

Nice plan

Thank u sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
Nero2424:

Hslbroker2 has a criminal record here too as (hslbroker). That make him next to n3xt.

You might have gotten a smooth transaction with him but that doesnt change his record.

I didnt come in peace.

U must be mad

If u are not mad, u won't talk with me like this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
hslbroker2:

It will sir
I believe you boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:14am On Feb 10, 2022
oduncojamaica:

Sir, what is the size of the plaster board?
Length and breadth.

The size is 12.5mm*1200*30000

(1) (2) (3) ... (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) (2776) (2777) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.