Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2849) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370606 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I like the winch system. It's simple things like these that we of the abroad like to see.

Use to take blocks up , I think takes 4 or 5 at once . The builder brought it , has one at ring road also
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2022
rotecch77:
I Have make my point clear here
- you paid for door and you requested for refund I did so
- you paid for basin you asked for refund I paid back

Why can’t you pay me my money that is left with you ?

Any way I have make my point clear enough here.
I will not talk again about it because you will not pay so why worrying myself
You refunded me part of the basin money after 5months of payment and you refunded me fully for the doors after 6weeks of payment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

Would it not have been easier if you showed where rotech denied any of these claims as evident in the receipt and including where he denied collecting part parment for doors?

It’s a slippery slop to accept every claim just because someone said so first.
You will not die young ma, God will increase your knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

Would it not have been easier if you showed where rotech denied any of these claims as evident in the receipt and including where he denied collecting part parment for doors?

It’s a slippery slop to accept every claim just because someone said so first.
Here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
rajput4real93:

You refunded me part of the basin cost after 5months of payment and you refunded me fully for the doors after 6weeks of payment.

Immediately both party can’t continue again with our deal you asked for refund and I did btw 2-3 days
In Oder hand I asked for my own payment you refused to pay me you started the story of how many times I visited the site up till now since 2020 or so you didn’t pay me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Here
After I have refund money for door why asking me for door again he already show prove of refund still talking of door or am I missing things up

I have said enough on this matter
Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Here
In a typical Nigerian voice and manner, how would you respond to someone asking you about doors which was already refunded?
Would you be upset if someone ask you about that again?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

In a typical Nigerian voice and manner, how would you respond to someone asking you about doors which was already refunded?
The more you talk, the more your bias shows. I only said he refunded me after 5-6weeks of payment. I even provided a receipt. And during those weeks, he told me the doors were under processing. The fact is that he didn’t want to refund me until i threatened to call him out. Tell him to post all ALL OUR CHATS. The part he posted is even against him. You are indeed neutral

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

There is difference between
did I collect money for door?
And
did I not refund the door money ?

Thank you sir for your time
I am not saying anything again over this issue
Goodnight sir

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

And I disagree with you in return but we moove.
God will help us

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

There is difference between
did I collect money for door?
And
did I not refund the door money ?

Thank you sir for your time
I am not saying anything again over this issue
Goodnight sir

This here is exactly why I wished him luck in his future endeavors here. Not even up to a day, he has been quoted out of context.
The fact remains that he said that out of anger for being asked an obvious question.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 11:42pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

This here is exactly why I wished luck in his future endeavors here. Not even up a day, he has been quoted out of context.
I fact remains that he said that out of anger for being asked an obvious question.

Sir
You are obviously defending him
It's so obvious

Are you there with him for you to know if he said that out of anger or not.
Pls stop trying to change the narrative

Imagine creating excuse for him

He should defend himself not you.
You are just creating excuses for him.

What do you have to say about the substandard work then
What excuse do you have for that

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:50pm On Mar 21, 2022
rajput4real93:

The more you talk, the more your bias shows. I only said he refunded me after 5-6weeks of payment. I even provided a receipt. And during those weeks, he told me the doors were under processing. The fact is that he didn’t want to refund me until i threatened to call him out. Tell him to post all ALL OUR CHATS. The part he posted is even against him. You are indeed neutral

Not talking about Rotecch77 now. Personally if you give me a contract that includes procurement of doors with a promissory note to pay a balance of #155k towards completion, the smart thing I would do is to use the initial money to finish the fundamental job. Then when I receive the #155k I will buy the doors same day and fix for you.
Risky and dumb right? Would you rather have the door sitting in the incomplete house without even having a prepared place to hang them? What if more adjust are done and the doors doesn’t fit anymore? That is the only way your job would have been completed without him adding his own money in the process.
Except it doesn’t matter if doors come first or last but that approach is critical in terms of channeling resources.
Did I hear someone say God help me if the contract is canceled midway and I am asked to refund money for doors?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:02am On Mar 22, 2022
chuxjay:

I am currently in need of building materials and accessories vendors for a real estate project. Please refer vendors within Lagos who have the capacity and capability for large projects and who can be very competitive with prices. My DM is open. #realestate #project #building #projects #procurement #purchase #vendors .

You can as well drop your email addresses so I can mail you directly with more details and information. Electricals, building materials, finishings, roofing sheets, POP, cement, etc.

you can as well send an email to procurement_realestate@outlook.com

We will prefer dealing with registered businesses but individuals with track records can as well show interest.
i got your email, I will reply you asap thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 12:07am On Mar 22, 2022
Greenarrow01:
day in day out, we keep putting blames, we keep investigating, we keep questioning victims
(I am also guilty of this)
When we should be holding professionals to high standards.
Construction companies should first and foremost be able to deliver on client's needs to almost perfection, if they can't, they shouldn't take the jobs.
They should be able to handle diverse set of clients.
You don't expect everybody to be a sheep
Integrity should never be lacking.

I have seen chats on Reddit where
For example contractor A ask for $5 for a product
And buyer is willing to pay $10 for it.
Contractor A will rather not take the money/job at all than take free money..

Our contractors here don't care about the jobs they are doing as much as the money.
In this part of the world everybody is to be blamed. Most Nigerians look for cheaper stuffs and expect standard while most contractors/Engrs. want the money and leave you half way than complete the project.

But it's more honorable to turn down job that doesn't meet your cost demand than take the contract and leave it half way.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 12:26am On Mar 22, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Sir
You are obviously defending him
It's so obvious

Are you there with him for you to know if he said that out of anger or not.
Pls stop trying to change the narrative

Imagine creating excuse for him

He should defend himself not you.
You are just creating excuses for him.

What do you have to say about the substandard work then
What excuse do you have for that

Check his last response and the one I posted following that. Notice that he said exactly what I was about to say even without seeing his post.
Truth is truth any time.

Regarding the plaster work, I have deliberately been silent. But since you insist on more opinions-
First, color of plaster sand could result in that look even when the mixture is right.
Secondly, it appears obvious because of the contrast between that and the white dry old surrounding areas.
Lastly, it was still wet.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timberwolves(m): 2:27am On Mar 22, 2022
Morning everyone

Can someone help me with a sample of INTRODUCTION LETTER of a company to ministry or any office.

And also sample of PROJECT PROPOSAL, like procurement or renovation of classrooms of a school etc, wanna see how the format is

I have a newly registered construction company, n I know some government officials that I want to draft an introduction to them.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:41am On Mar 22, 2022
Get your quality building materials from us such as

Tiles
Jacuzzi

Bathtub

Executive toilet seat complete set

Doors

Shower

Taps
And mirror etc

Contact 07087953771
Email. Osinachicolins20@gmail.com
https://www.nairaland.com/5349701/pick-quality-kitchen-bathroom-wall

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:43am On Mar 22, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:46am On Mar 22, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 5:47am On Mar 22, 2022
sonnie10:

Check his last response and the one I posted following that. Notice that he said exactly what I was about to say even without seeing his post.
Truth is truth any time.

Regarding the plaster work, I have deliberately been silent. But since you insist on more opinions-
First, color of plaster sand could result in that look even when the mixture is right.
Secondly, it appears obvious because of the contrast between that and the white dry old surrounding areas.
Lastly, it was still wet.
There is no doubt that the criminal employed you to defend him, but your defence is patently weak, poor, and biased. You aren't even ashamed about it. Where did I complain about the colour of the wall? How did you arrive at me owing him 155k? Every sane person here knows that you are too biased. You could believe that he was angry to have abused my father, but couldn't believe that i lost my then phone. Assuming I still had the phone, i would have posted our complete chat, and people would have known how cunning he's. This is despite me not emphasizing the shoddy job his plumber did. The guy left many internal pipes opened and when his unskilled bricklayers plastered the walls, the pipes were blocked with cement and concrete. I have to remove the pipes and relay them today.
I decided to keep quiet yesterday, but you defending him blindly despite his glaring atrocities will make me continue to respond. Then his grave will be dug further.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:52am On Mar 22, 2022
rotecch77:
I Have make my point clear here
- you paid for door and you requested for refund I did so
- you paid for basin you asked for refund I paid back

Why can’t you pay me my money that is left with you ?

Any way I have make my point clear enough here.
I will not talk again about it because you will not pay so why worrying myself

Stop it already Chief
Why spend more on a project without the client's consent? If he/she decides not to pay, no Jupiter can coerce him to pay.
You refunded back n he confirmed you did but shortchanged- dispute that with evidence
Said you refunded when you didn't meet up with the agreed day/period. Dispute that with receipt but u keep saying you won't talk anymore n keep coming to say what doesn't add up.
Ur brand is getting hitted n u don't see it already, dialogue with this person already plz

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:13am On Mar 22, 2022
[size=8pt][/size]
rajput4real93:

There is no doubt that the criminal employed you to defend him, but your defence is patently weak, poor, and biased. You aren't even ashamed about it. Where did I complain about the colour of the wall? How did you arrive at me owing him 155k? Every sane person here knows that you are too biased. You could believe that he was angry to have abused my father, but couldn't believe that i lost my then phone. Assuming I still had the phone, i would have posted our complete chat, and people would have known how cunning he's. This is despite me not emphasizing the shoddy job his plumber did. The guy left many internal pipes opened and when his unskilled bricklayers plastered the walls, the pipes were blocked with cement and concrete. I have to remove the pipes and relay them today.
I decided to keep quiet yesterday, but you defending him blindly despite his glaring atrocities will make me continue to respond. Then his grave will be dug further.

Go back and read that my last post, this time slowly and tell me what you really make out of it.
Can you repost the picture of the external wall again now that it must have been dry. I want to check something.
Do me a favor, place a bottle on the window hood and snap the picture. Thanks.

If I may ask, how exactly were you expecting him to get doors worth almost #200k with #88k deposit other than from the money you would pay him at completion of job.
The subtotal of contract, that is minus the amount for doors is not even up to the cost of doors alone.
How else does advanced fee fraud work?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 7:00am On Mar 22, 2022
Timberwolves:
Morning everyone

Can someone help me with a sample of INTRODUCTION LETTER of a company to ministry or any office.

And also sample of PROJECT PROPOSAL, like procurement or renovation of classrooms of a school etc, wanna see how the format is

I have a newly registered construction company, n I know some government officials that I want to draft an introduction to them.

Thank you
I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 7:47am On Mar 22, 2022
Life is simple we make it hard.

For me the hallmark of person is being a able to keep his word. Being principled and being disciplined. These are what I look for in a person .

Look for this in humans then you’re relieved cause when a human have three attributes he doesn’t want problems for himself . And stop changing hands every time , have a team you can rely .

No matter how good your work is I already have a POP artisan , electrical ,plumber , welders and iron benders , builders and architect , roofer .

No matter how good you are I won’t change these set of guys for anything cause they don’t stress me they give me peace I can give them total money and sleep they will do it .

But you see Carpentar a and aluminum I also rotate these guys cause it seems in the creation of this professions in Nigerian they swore to them not to keep promises these two professions disappoint a lot irrespective of their age bracket . As a matter of fact I took soldiers to discipline one aluminum Baba of 58 years after saying what can I do ehn emi? Stil went to report at police station I still tip the police there those ones still instruct am to fix it next day or risk arrest .

The truth is if you have to live with Nigerians be very wicked to them I was first nice then learnt then I knew why bosses are always tough on their employees in Nigerian cause these people just have I don’t care attitudes and mentally weak and don’t keep words bonds or agreement till you go bonkers on them .

Before I give you job I always played tapes of people I’ve dealt with to warn them ahead . Do were and get were .

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Quicksilver5: 8:11am On Mar 22, 2022
nice point
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:14am On Mar 22, 2022
On the last floor of this building #Lekki

Electrical
Cctv
Video door bell
Intercom

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2022
sonnie10:
[size=8pt][/size]

Go back and read that my last post, this time slowly and tell me what you really make out of it.
Can you repost the picture of the external wall again now that it must have been dry. I want to check something.
Do me a favor, place a bottle on the window hood and snap the picture. Thanks.

If I may ask, how exactly were you expecting him to get doors worth almost #200k with #88k deposit other than from the money you would pay him at completion of job.
The subtotal of contract, that is minus the amount for doors is not even up to the cost of doors alone.
How else does advanced fee fraud work?

Are you his mouth piece ?
Is he a kid ?

You are just defending rubbish

why did he collect 88k out of 200k if he knew it won't do much
Why will he collect the money.

Why will he tell his client that job has already started on the doors , then return weeks letter to cancel

Why will he dubiously try to use clients door frames after client already paid for those door frames.

if 88k was not gonna be enough for the doors he has a right to not collect a dime or insist on a higher amount
But you are here blaming client for paying 88k instead of blaming the contractor who collected 88k, lied that job is already ongoing and still tried to dubiously use frames that he collected money for.

Alaye
YOU ARE BIASED

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:52am On Mar 22, 2022
sonnie10:

Truly you are being biased here..
He denied collecting money for door and the proof was shown....
You now come up with this twist...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2022
ChybuzzDD:
I think complaints and their defense should be detailed and in one piece respectively, so that it'll be easy for others to read, understand and make their own inputs.

You guys are both writing in a hurry and making the write-ups unreadable with lots of grammatical errors.

But, mehnn!, Nigerian artisans no be am at all. I'm currently battling with my POP guy now after over 4wks of paying him more than 3/4 of his total bill for a 5-bedroom project.

2. Once they get majority of their money for the project, you'll be the one chasing them around to do their work.

This has to change.

Chai... Sorry about your Pop experience.

I think the Majority of the Problem for the second bolded is because most artisans/workers/contractors receive more jobs than they can handle: FOR example = An artisan/contractor getting 2/3 or even 4 jobs within the same time / closer time frame and not knowing, how to effectively manage it. What he/she does is to collect money from all 4 clients, & promise all the 4 client ,to start work by Monday which is impossible. So He decides to start client A work first because his pay is higher, he would then give client B , C & D excuses until client A works enters week 2, he would leave client A job & start doing client B work for three days & then jump to client C work, then client A would be complaining about his uncompleted job, while client B would be complaining about how he abandoned his job & Client C would be complaining about how it took so long for him to start his work & client D would be complaining about being defrauded, the Artisan would eventually have to return client D's money (which he might only return 80% because he already spent 20% from it). A worker collecting 90% of his money before the start of a project, does not stop him/her from being responsible, Negligence of duty & irresponsibility is a choice (A bad one at that). it falls on the individual.

Why these Artisans/contractors/workers behave in this manner? it's because of greediness caused by poverty (while some are not caused by poverty, they're just naturally greedy & irresponsible).

Their Mentality (for behaving that way) is: i don't want to lose any of these potential jobs by prospective client, So the only way to keep this jobs, is to collect money from all the client, so they won't give the job to another Person.

The result of such behaviour: They'd end up losing all the jobs & clients.

The Solution Artisans/Contractors/Project Managers/WorkMen should not take more than they can handle. it's not bad to say “Please Sir, I have a project at the moment, I would not be available to start a new one until two weeks, if you're not in a hurry, I would be available in two weeks, but if otherwise, you can contract to someone else, am available if you have any questions, Thank you” you can have pending jobs, so inform potential new clients about it. Be truthful about your availability & Time frame.
On clients part: Please always try to ask workers about their availability for your job, don't be in a hurry to start, it's not bad to ask whoever you're contracting if he/she has job at the moment or pending jobs. Be sure about their availability.

My own Approach I attend to my clients on a first come first serve (FCFS) basis. And usually Truthful about my availability, if there is a change in time, I quickly notify my clients about it.
I learnt this from past experience (things I witnessed from others) & Am still Learning as it help one grows, I Learn & Apply.

Nota Bene: My comments / long epistle is about “Workers not doing clients job at the right time -client chasing workers to do a job they've been payed for! - Workers absconding with Client's money - workers delaying client's job for days/weeks before starting after receiving payment without any reasonable excuse!.” My comments are not directed to a particular person, directly or indirectly. My comments is addressing a general issue , directed to all clients & all of us: Artisans/Contractors/CraftsMen/Engineers/Operations Managers/ Project Managers/Vendors/WorkMen.

We all make mistakes & no one is ever Perfect, but the ability to learn from mistakes & grow from it makes one Unique.. ✓✓✓

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 10:05am On Mar 22, 2022
HMMM.. LONG I CAME HERE...... WENT ON A MANDATORY HUMAN CAPACITY TRAINING OUTSIDE NAIJA...
I HOPE ALL PENDING ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED...
MUCH REGARDS..

ENGR. GBENGA
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:14am On Mar 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

My aluminum window guy did this to me.

Next time I’ll be buying the materials.

Sorry about your experience Baba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.