Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370996 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
rajput4real93:

I USED to talk to next but NOT after your issue with him

Better.

@Rotecch77, please don't let issues go south before solving them.

Please learn from other's mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Oga mi, contractors on here screw up mercilessly too abeg. Even big names on here.

Additionally, no matter how good one is, one still have to be affordable.

Senior citizen, thank God for your life sir.

Didn't understand your post then until I saw 'condolences' here and there.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
rajput4real93:

You can never mediate with just between warring parties. So with all these, you still 'hope this won't be interpreted as an admission of guilt in the future?
Someone who did a shoddy job I posted, without any convincing reason(s) to have done such?
Someone who lied that he refunded me FULLY for a basin and I provided a receipt to the contrary?
Someone who lied that I didn't pay him for wooden doors and i provided a receipt to refute him?
Someone who didn't do all the works YOU personally requested me to list and I itemised?
Someone who lied that i 'begged' four professionals here for a free architectural drawing without any proof to back up his claim?
Has he provided any evidence to back up his lies/claims?
YOU ARE TACITLY DEFENDING A CRIMINAL
Go back and read that my concluding post. But this time read it slowly without emotions.

What that means is that since he is satisfied with the offline advice he has gotten. He should be ready to bear the consequences in the future ( sure, references would be made regarding this matter ) because the issue is not resolved here as far as the evidence presented is concerned.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
PrimeQuay:
This is the sad truth, if you decide you want to pay them in bits, they might claim majority of the funds is for materials. I’m currently chasing the guy that is supposed to do my HDF doors after paying 70% advance. Everyday it’s a different story.

[/b]From my little experience, procure your materials yourself(if you can) and just pay labor as work is delivered.[b]

Don’t be afraid to enter market and price materials.

@the bolded, that's the plain truth, but na chance matter atimes.
And the artisans can beat you on this game. Waste ur material with pride.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2022
rajput4real93:

You can never mediate with just between warring parties. So with all these, you still 'hope this won't be interpreted as an admission of guilt in the future?
Someone who did a shoddy job I posted, without any convincing reason(s) to have done such?
Someone who lied that he refunded me FULLY for a basin and I provided a receipt to the contrary?
Someone who lied that I didn't pay him for wooden doors and i provided a receipt to refute him?
Someone who didn't do all the works YOU personally requested me to list and I itemised?
Someone who lied that i 'begged' four professionals here for a free architectural drawing without any proof to back up his claim?
Has he provided any evidence to back up his lies/claims?
YOU ARE TACITLY DEFENDING A CRIMINAL
You are going overboard with @sonnie's.. He is not supporting @rotech neither is he supporting you. He is just as neutral, trying to get the facts right be blames could be apportioned...
He is concerned and is doing a great investigative job so far.
Just calm down with him.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

Go back and read that my concluding post. But this time read it slowing without emotions.

You are been biased sir.

What do you have to say about the poor job rotech did ?
That alone is a big issue.
And it has nothing to do with the client.
He had the option of not doing the job.
But he did a poor job. No defence.

2. Why will he take payment for basin and not bring it for 3 good months?

3. Why will he take part payment for doors, reply with with "work is on going" then come back after weeks with stories.

4 why will he take payment for door frames, and still tell his artisans to make use of existing frames that belongs to client, that is dubious. It has no two names
It is fucking dubious.

It's laughable that rotech claims he doesn't want to upload chats between him and his client, but finds it easy to be abusing his client's father.
That's hypocritical

21 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2022
bobkezel:

You are going overboard with @sonnie's.. He is not supporting @rotech neither is he supporting you. He is just as neutral, trying to get the facts right be blames could be apportioned...
He is concerned and is doing a great investigative job so far.
Just calm down with him.
He is.

And now I am beginning to reason with egun
It doesn't make sense for you to pay premium amount to professionals and end up getting the job and attitude of babalatis

Ire ooo

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

You are been biased sir.

3. Why will he take part payment for doors, reply with with "work is on going" then come back after weeks with stories.

4 why will he take payment for door frames, and still tell his artisans to make use of existing frames that belongs to client, that is dubious. It has no two names
It is fucking dubious.

It's laughable that rotech claims he doesn't want to upload chats between him and his client, but finds it easy to be abusing his client's father.
That's hypocritical
Questions 1-4, I think @sonnie will still come to that part, and he has asked some reasonable questions already, although @rotech is yet to answer nor provide any evidence to back up his claims.
@the bolded.... Really laughable.... @rotech the bolded is laughable so do the needful.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
cash1115:
I disagree sir, there are still artisan that are honest, we can never be thesame

And I disagree with you in return but we moove.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:31pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

He is.

It doesn't make sense for you to pay premium amount to professionals and end up getting the job and attitude of babalatis

Ire ooo
Sincerely speaking, all na babalati with Internet presence.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
day in day out, we keep putting blames, we keep investigating, we keep questioning victims
(I am also guilty of this)
When we should be holding professionals to high standards.
Construction companies should first and foremost be able to deliver on client's needs to almost perfection, if they can't, they shouldn't take the jobs.
They should be able to handle diverse set of clients.
You don't expect everybody to be a sheep
Integrity should never be lacking.

I have seen chats on Reddit where
For example contractor A ask for $5 for a product
And buyer is willing to pay $10 for it.
Contractor A will rather not take the money/job at all than take free money..

Our contractors here don't care about the jobs they are doing as much as the money.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

He is.

Ire ooo

Old timers will know my long standing love for Skimanski.

I died a little inside when someone complained to me about him with receipts. I still love him and apportioned it to schedule issues but it’s not my money on the line.

I’ll still manage my local Baba Latis but I’ll continue to closely mark them.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

You are been biased sir.

It is fucking dubious.

That's hypocritical
All these things you listed, I had point out already.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

He has shown that there is a difference of 5k in refund being (from basin 35k and doors 88k)
He has shown that the plastering was down with less cement
On the other hand
He has failed to present the quotation for contract
He has failed to present how much he agreed to pay for the contract
How much he has actually paid
How much is left, if any
And how much work is incomplete.

Right here sir.
We cannot conclude from just words of mouth.
There must be supporting evidence.
The only time words of mouth can be accepted is in a stituation when both parties agree on a certain fact. For instance, they both agree on the amount that was paid for the basin and doors. They also agree on the amount that was refunded albeit a difference of 5k.

physical job and materials are involved here, so circumstantial edivrnce is not really necessary in getting to the truth.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

Right here sir.
We cannot conclude from just words of mouth.
There must be supporting evidence.
The only time words of mouth can be accepted is in a stituation when both parties agree on a certain fact. For instance, they both agree on the amount that was paid for the basin and doors. They also agree on the amount that was refunded albeit a difference of 5k.

physical job and materials are involved here, so circumstantial edivrnce is not really necessary in getting to the truth.

Did you read the part where he said he lost his phone and WhatsApp chats ??

Did you also read the part where he gave express permission for rotech to post their chats

Initially
Rotech denied that there was even any talk about doors and there was nothing like doors in their discussion
Until the man brought out receipts

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2022
Contractors shouldn’t take any and all jobs they run across. Don’t take jobs that you’re not capable of doing. Don’t take jobs that’s below your cost level. Don’t take jobs that are far flung from each other.

I sell lands though my case is a bit different because I’m already retired but I actually filter clients. If I sense that your wahala go be too much I’ll excuse myself. Protecting my finely crafted business name is number one priority.

Case in point.

A NairaLander (I still don’t even know who he is) bought two plots within hours of each other from me last year.

Earlier last month we discovered an existing grave on one of his plot. Before I even told him about it I worked on moving him to another better plot, paid for a new survey and new lawyers agreement. I know how much I lost but my business name must remain unblemished and my clients must remain completely satisfied because I rely heavily on referrals. Which is why I don’t know how people won’t resolve issues before it blows up online.

My business motto “Promises Made, Promises Kept”. It’s that simple.

16 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

And I disagree with you in return but we moove.
lol grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

You are been biased sir.

It is fucking dubious.

That's hypocritical

Well done rightly put...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
We
I mean we
We
All of us. 99.9999 if us are bad
This is the one and only reason why Nigeria keeps failing.
We are bad as a people
And bad individually.
We are all bad and very bad
We are thieves
And me inclusive.
When I say we are all
I mean 99.999 of us.
Which means virtually all of us.

Yesterday I was in a discussion with some people and we talk on how a civil servant in osun state returned part of his salary to pay for the day he was absent from work(his child naming ceremony). When aregbe heard about him, he called the man to give him a political post, the man still declined the appointment, on the basis that he did what he was meant to do and nothing extra.

We all laughed and insulted this great Alfa.
This is how bad we are.

If not for stories.
Billions would have been flowing through nairaland property section per year.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:15pm On Mar 21, 2022
As regards the ongoing issue, realistically speaking, somethings would eventually happen due to circumstance beyond our control.
I've had some few minor glitches, although not of my making but coming out openly with the client and genuinely making ammends even at much extra cost makes it a non issue.
Some of the things being dragged are some things some people are bigger than and shouldn't be allowed to get here. It's not good for business and it understandably casts doubts on the minds of others that may want to patronise other vendors.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
chuxjay:

I am currently in need of building materials and accessories vendors for a real estate project. Please refer vendors within Lagos who have the capacity and capability for large projects and who can be very competitive with prices. My DM is open. #realestate #project #building #projects #procurement #purchase #vendors .

You can as well drop your email addresses so I can mail you directly with more details and information. Electricals, building materials, finishings, roofing sheets, POP, cement, etc.

you can as well send an email to procurement_realestate@outlook.com

We will prefer dealing with registered businesses but individuals with track records can as well show interest.
good evening sir if you no mind i can supply you tiles,Doors and sanitary wares with wholesale price sir , Email osinachicolins20@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Did you read the part where he said he lost his phone and WhatsApp chats ??

Did you also read the part where he gave express permission for rotech to post their chats

Initially
Rotech denied that there was even any talk about doors and there was nothing like doors in their discussion
Until the man brought out receipts
There you go again. “ he said his phone lost” I have said before that we cannot go by words of mouth.
Secondly I believe I must have missed the part where rotecch denied collecting part payment for doors.

Lastly, in any matter it is the accuser’s duty to proof his case.

On a side note, a wise joke I heard somewhere. When you give a condemned person an option to point to where he would like to be buried after execution, he is most likely to spend a whole life time searching for a right spot

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
somehow:

Better.

@Rotecch77, please don't let issues go south before solving them.

Please learn from other's mistakes.

Thanks so much Chief I have forgotten about the issue since that time I don’t asked him again about the money
All of sudden he came back now and said I did bad job which he didn’t mentioned since 2020 he now show one wall where vent pipe is and claimed I did bad job there.he started abusing me calling me name

It’s after he kept adding more to the job we agreed that make me to voice out that I can’t continue again.

Here is our chart as He REQUESTED for it that I should post it

He didn’t complain of any area that is not good then
Why now.
He didn’t pay me kobo from the 100k agreed for the supervision
He didn’t pay for additional money spent on plumbing

I even asked him to deduct the left over job when we can’t continue due to his action he said NO he will not pay me. I just laugh and leave him since then.

For the basin he asked me to kept it till when needed bcs renovation is still going on then when we are about to finished the job he asked me to bring it then termination of the Contatct come up and I can’t continue so he demanded for refund with door which I paid him back.

Now for him to pay my balance he refused and stated calling me names.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
rotecch77:

Thanks so much Chief I have forgotten about the issue since that time I don’t asked him again about the money
All of sudden he came back now and said I did bad job which he didn’t mentioned since 2020 he now show one wall where vent pipe is and claimed I did bad job there.he started abusing me calling me name

It’s after he kept adding more to the job we agreed that make me to voice out that I can’t continue again.

I didn't want to talk about this issue again but I need to talk now.
Firstly, the receipt you posted was already posted by me so it's a non-issue.
Secondly, why not post the chats from when we started chatting around June or July, so that nairalanders can see everything. Don't cut anything
Thirdly, the chats you sent were after i insisted you do remaining works and you declined
Fourthly, the chats were at the twilight of your work, after you said your door maker won't be able to do the doors.
Lastly, i only showed the badly done external wall because it's the worst of all. All others have been corrected by me. Infact, the plumbing aspect will be corrected tomorrow. And you didn't do any supervision

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

There you go again. “ he said his phone lost” I have said before that we cannot go by words of mouth.
Secondly I believe I must have missed the part where rotecch denied collecting part payment for doors.

Lastly, in any matter it is the accuser’s duty to proof his case.

On a side note, a wise joke I heard somewhere. When you give a condemned person an option to point to where he would like to be buried after execution, he is most likely to spend a whole life time searching for a right spot
Sir
He brought receipts of transactions
People lost chats from time to time.
He brought pictures of the Said building.
Why can't the vendor post the contract and other things to show that he didn't goof here.
I am not trying to paint rotech bad here sir.
But I am not just trying to make us put more pain into the victims wounds.we both should agree that rotech did a poor job of handling this case.
From insults to
I am not saying a dime word on this issue again.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
And from the chat he posted, nairalanders should please note the date: 1st of November, when I still asked him to bring the dining basin and do the leakage test. This was several months after I paid him for the basin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2022
I Have make my point clear here
- you paid for door and you requested for refund I did so
- you paid for basin you asked for refund I paid back

Why can’t you pay me my money that is left with you ?

Any way I have make my point clear enough here.
I will not talk again about it because you will not pay so why worrying myself

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Sir
Why can't the vendor post the contract and other things to show that he didn't goof here.
But I am not just trying to make us put more pain into the victims wounds.we both should agree that rotech did a poor job of handling this case.
From insults to
Who started the insult oga ?
You are here when He called me criminal, lier, bastered,
You didn’t say anything until I replied him back

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
rotecch77:

He didn’t complain of any area that is not good then
Why now.
He didn’t pay me kobo from the 100k agreed for the supervision
He didn’t pay for additional money spent on plumbing

I even asked him to deduct the left over job when we can’t continue due to his action he said NO he will not pay me. I just laugh and leave him since then.

For the basin he asked me to kept it till when needed bcs renovation is still going on then when we are about to finished the job he asked me to bring it then termination of the Contatct come up and I can’t continue so he demanded for refund with door which I paid him back.

Now for him to pay my balance he refused and stated calling me names.

You are just exposing yourself the more. Nairalanders should have a look at the cost of workmanship he posted:
- No carpenter worked or visited the site
- I paid the welder (1k), although he wanted to but I insisted he shouldn't
- He charged 35k for the plumbing materials but in his previous posts, he was talking as if it WASN'T part of the work
- And lastly, he did no supervision AT ALL. It should even be a shame on you if you claim to supervise such a shoddy work

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Sir
From insults to

Would it not have been easier if you showed where rotech denied any of these claims as evident in the receipt and including where he denied collecting part parment for doors?

It’s a slippery slop to accept every claim just because someone said so first.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2022
rotecch77:

Who started the insult oga ?
You are here when He called me criminal, lier, bastered,
You didn’t say anything until I replied him back
I never called you a bastard. I only called you a criminal and an inveterate liar.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2022
sonnie10:

Would it not have been easier if you showed where rotech denied any of these claims as evident in the receipt and including where he denied collecting part parment for doors?

It’s a slippery slop to accept every claim just because someone said so first.
With due respect, you are not following this issue

(1) (2) (3) ... (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chukzyfcbb, Lemonskillz, TeetoBolt(m), omololu251(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.