Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2850) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370484 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:15am On Mar 22, 2022
bobkezel:

You are going overboard with @sonnie's.. He is not supporting @rotech neither is he supporting you. He is just as neutral, trying to get the facts right be blames could be apportioned...
He is concerned and is doing a great investigative job so far.
Just calm down with him.
I guess he is truly biased, judging from what he's been saying so far.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:17am On Mar 22, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Are you his mouth piece ?
Is he a kid ?

You are just defending rubbish

why did he collect 88k out of 200k if he knew it won't do much
Why will he collect the money.

Why will he tell his client that job has already started on the doors , then return weeks letter to cancel

Why will he dubiously try to use clients door frames after client already paid for those door frames.

if 88k was not gonna be enough for the doors he has a right to not collect a dime or insist on a higher amount
But you are here blaming client for paying 88k instead of blaming the contractor who collected 88k, lied that job is already ongoing and still tried to dubiously use frames that he collected money for.

Alaye
YOU ARE BIASED
Rather, 168k was for the four doors and he asked me to pay half (84k), but I paid 88k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 10:53am On Mar 22, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Chai... Sorry about your Pop experience.

I think the Majority of the Problem for the second bolded is because most artisans/workers/contractors receive more jobs than they can handle: FOR example = An artisan/contractor getting 2/3 or even 4 jobs within the same time / closer time frame and not knowing, how to effectively manage it. What he/she does is to collect money from all 4 clients, & promise all the 4 client ,to start work by Monday which is impossible. So He decides to start client A work first because his pay is higher, he would then give client B , C & D excuses until client A works enters week 2, he would leave client A job & start doing client B work for three days & then jump to client C work, then client A would be complaining about his uncompleted job, while client B would be complaining about how he abandoned his job & Client C would be complaining about how it took so long for him to start his work & client D would be complaining about being defrauded, the Artisan would eventually have to return client D's money (which he might only return 80% because he already spent 20% from it). A worker collecting 90% of his money before the start of a project, does not stop him/her from being responsible, Negligence of duty & irresponsibility is a choice (A bad one at that). it falls on the individual.

Why these Artisans/contractors/workers behave in this manner? it's because of greediness caused by poverty (while some are not caused by poverty, they're just naturally greedy & irresponsible).

Their Mentality (for behaving that way) is: i don't want to lose any of these potential jobs by prospective client, So the only way to keep this jobs, is to collect money from all the client, so they won't give the job to another Person.

The result of such behaviour: They'd end up losing all the jobs & clients.

The Solution Artisans/Contractors/Project Managers/WorkMen should not take more than they can handle. it's not bad to say “Please Sir, I have a project at the moment, I would not be available to start a new one until two weeks, if you're not in a hurry, I would be available in two weeks, but if otherwise, you can contract to someone else, am available if you have any questions, Thank you” you can have pending jobs, so inform potential new clients about it. Be truthful about your availability & Time frame.
On clients part: Please always try to ask workers about their availability for your job, don't be in a hurry to start, it's not bad to ask whoever you're contracting if he/she has job at the moment or pending jobs. Be sure about their availability.

My own Approach I attend to my clients on a first come first serve (FCFS) basis. And usually Truthful about my availability, if there is a change in time, I quickly notify my clients about it.
I learnt this from past experience (things I witnessed from others) & Am still Learning as it help one grows, I Learn & Apply.

Nota Bene: My comments / long epistle is about “Workers not doing clients job at the right time -client chasing workers to do a job they've been payed for! - Workers absconding with Client's money - workers delaying client's job for days/weeks before starting after receiving payment without any reasonable excuse!.” My comments are not directed to a particular person, directly or indirectly. My comments is addressing a general issue , directed to all clients & all of us: Artisans/Contractors/CraftsMen/Engineers/Operations Managers/ Project Managers/Vendors/WorkMen.

We all make mistakes & no one is ever Perfect, but the ability to learn from mistakes & grow from it makes one Unique.. ✓✓✓

shocked shocked shocked

@michlins, come and see your friend cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:55am On Mar 22, 2022
bobkezel:

@the bolded, that's the plain truth, but na chance matter atimes.
And the artisans can beat you on this game. Waste ur material with pride

This is True.. but it's pure wickedness on the part of the Artisans.

I don't think buying your materials is the solution, Be sure of their availability before contracting them. If possible make a written contract agreement & specify penalties for absconding with your money or unnecessarily delaying the job.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 11:05am On Mar 22, 2022
Check out the content of some imported doors..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2022
inze:

shocked shocked shocked

@michlins, come and see your friend cheesy
cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrApcLimited: 11:11am On Mar 22, 2022
D'you know what a good quality paint is like ?

Check us out for your buiding and decorative paints.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 11:17am On Mar 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Old timers will know my long standing love for Skimanski.

I died a little inside when someone complained to me about him with receipts. I still love him and apportioned it to schedule issues but it’s not my money on the line.

I’ll still manage my local Baba Latis but I’ll continue to closely mark them.

. . . it's funny how time flies. I remember the boldened like it was yesterday. We've really lost alot of good people to the hands of competition who careless about integrity and the boundless opportunities that arise from good referal.

See how person dey one corner dey wait for babaEgun referal in order to patronize our able gbadexy (even with his good name)

It's funny how as a service provider you find it easy to spew words around with an aggrieved client online knowing fully well that a large chunk of your potential customer traffic this same community on a daily basis.

Some of us have had it with a few names on here as well and prefer to bury the matchet, the good ones we praise and refer.

Not everyone is bad, not everyone is good, if you're a service provider, please provide service appropriately.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:19am On Mar 22, 2022
gbadexy:
As regards the ongoing issue, realistically speaking, somethings would eventually happen due to circumstance beyond our control.
I've had some few minor glitches, although not of my making but coming out openly with the client and genuinely making ammends even at much extra cost makes it a non issue.

Some of the things being dragged are some things some people are bigger than and shouldn't be allowed to get here. It's not good for business and it understandably casts doubts on the minds of others that may want to patronise other vendors.

Well done Sir✓, Like I said earlier, No one is perfect or free from mistakes no matter how small, but your ability to learn & grow from those minor glitches has set you APART✓ . it has earned you a good reputation & respect.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:28am On Mar 22, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Well done Sir✓, Like I said earlier, No one is perfect or free from mistakes no matter how small, but your ability to learn & grow from those minor glitches has set you APART✓ . it has earned you a good reputation & respect.

There avoidable mistakes...

By the way.. kindly reach out on Whatsapp
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2022
inze:

. . . it's funny how time flies. I remember the boldened like it was yesterday. We've really lost alot of good people to the hands of competition who careless about integrity and the boundless opportunities that arise from good referal.

See how person dey one corner dey wait for babaEgun referal in order to patronize our able gbadexy (even with his good name)

It's funny how as a service provider you find it easy to spew words around with an aggrieved client online knowing fully well that a large chunk of your potential customer traffic this same community on a daily basis.

Some of us have had it with a few names on here as well and prefer to bury the matchet, the good ones we praise and refer.

Not everyone is bad, not everyone is good, if you're a service provider, please provide service appropriately.
This was the reason I did a DIY building from plan to finish, I wanted to derv into the minds of Suppliers, builders, designers etc, waht I found was this, 2many variable in the building trade and not enough constants' seriously do not know how Engineers and contractors could give and estimate for a job they are going to do in two weeks, cos prices changes daily. If I was not doing all by myself I would have thought someone ate my money. My advice is please guys lets cut some slacks for builders and Engineers in the house. Sometimes the sublet the jobs to a worker and the worker do not give a damn about reputation and does a shoddy job, I have one as we speak, ordinary window dressing he made a big messs and wasted 3 bags of cement.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:37am On Mar 22, 2022
erico2k2:

This was the reason I did a DIY building from plan to finish, I wanted to derv into the minds of Suppliers, builders, designers etc, waht I found was this, 2many variable in the building trade and not enough constants' seriously do not know how Engineers and contractors could give and estimate for a job they are going to do in two weeks, cos prices changes daily. If I was not doing all by myself I would have thought someone ate my money. My advice is please guys lets cut some slacks for builders and Engineers in the house. Sometimes the sublet the jobs to a worker and the worker do not give a damn about reputation and does a shoddy job, I have one as we speak, ordinary window dressing he made a big messs and wasted 3 bags of cement.

You will live long sir..

This one of the major reason why I have to stay put on any project.. either small or big. Some of our workers don't care...

And if you don't know how to manage them you will sure bee at the recieving end..

But bottom line if you are not comfortable with a job you better opt out asap!

I remembered I referred oga rotech for a tiling Job abeokuta he opted out when he find out the condition won't work for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:43am On Mar 22, 2022
inze:

As much as I trusted Gbadexy even local man catch small fear and I had to check fess with Hajji before sending deposit.

Eniyan buruku ti ba eniyan rere je.

I have a NairaLander in diaspora that wants to buy a plot from me. We’ve been at it now for a while. He’s very apprehensive and I completely understand him. The damage that these issues cause will come and bite all of us service providers sooner than later. Na national cake cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2022
Pop @ affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 11:57am On Mar 22, 2022
Another wahalla una no dey tire.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
[quote author=chocho1 post=111230723][/quote]

Call 08023806342
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

As much as I trusted Gbadexy even local man catch small fear and I had to check fess with Hajji before sending deposit.

I have a NairaLander in diaspora that wants to buy a plot from me. We’ve been at it now for a while. He’s very apprehensive and I completely understand him. The damage that these issues cause will come and bite all of us service providers sooner than later. Na national cake cheesy

Olohun oni j'ari esu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 12:31pm On Mar 22, 2022
i ve said it times without numbers, take your bussiness away from nairaland. nairalanders are BAD for bussiness. the small money you will make is not worth your reputation. they are not even rich, poor broke ppl claiming to live in usa and uk. mtcheeew!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chikebrain: 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

As much as I trusted even local man catch small fear and I had to check fess with Hajji before sending deposit.

Does @Gbadexy offer "mid-premium" paints coz I've been hearing he offers premium paints

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chikebrain: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
To workmen who does railings in the house, what's the cost per metre for frameless Glass rails?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
Abudu2000:
i ve said it times without numbers, take your bussiness away from nairaland. nairalanders are BAD for bussiness. the small money you will make is not worth your reputation. they are not even rich, poor broke ppl claiming to live in usa and uk. mtcheeew!
This is very rude, and childish, I expect the whole of us here to be adult, such talks are meant for the kids section, we keep it real here!

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2022
Abudu2000:

People in nairaland have spend lot of money buying goods and services from sellers and service provider in nairaland
Where people live don't matter it is about spending money
Sellers should provide high quality goods
Service provider should state the type of service, They can provide not over promising
Nairaland is a very good web page
The People here selling goods and services are the problem
Nigerians are pure evil

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
GoodFaith:

People in nairaland have spend lot of money buying goods and services from sellers and service provider in nairaland
Where people live don't matter it is about spending money
Sellers should provide high quality goods
Service provider should state the type of service, They can provide not over promising
Nairaland is a very web page
The People here selling goods and services are the problem
Nigerian we people are pure evil

Bro not everyone is evil, do you have any idea of howmany people abroad has bought land and built houses without even seeing the people of Nairaland one on one?I have friends both UK and US who did this without stepping to Nigeria until the house was done. What I would like to add here is people should learn to manage their expectation and do thins recorded and in stages

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Are you his mouth piece ?
Is he a kid ?

You are just defending rubbish

why did he collect 88k out of 200k if he knew it won't do much
Why will he collect the money.

Why will he tell his client that job has already started on the doors , then return weeks letter to cancel

Why will he dubiously try to use clients door frames after client already paid for those door frames.

if 88k was not gonna be enough for the doors he has a right to not collect a dime or insist on a higher amount
But you are here blaming client for paying 88k instead of blaming the contractor who collected 88k, lied that job is already ongoing and still tried to dubiously use frames that he collected money for.

Alaye
YOU ARE BIASED

What if he had insisted that the 88k had been committed with a door maker? But he didn’t do that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
erico2k2:

Bro not everyone is evil, do you have any idea of howmany people abroad has bought land and built houses without even seeing the people of Nairaland one on one?I have friends both UK and US who did this without stepping to Nigeria until the house was done. What I would like to add here is people should learn to manage their expectation and do thins recorded and in stages

My brother
I have spend over 3 millions in Nairaland and I have not met the people
My Friend bought stuff from DFAMEGUY11S in Nairaland and had 150k balance
DFAMEGUY11S Called me and said my Friend have a 150k balance if he should supply him the goods I said Yes
I have being doing business with DFAMEGUY11S for over three or four year I haven't met him in person
The last time I was in Town DFAMEGUY11S said we must see
My friend had to send DFAMEGUY11S money later

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
GoodFaith:

My brother
I have spend over 3 millions in Nairaland and I have not met the people
My Friend bought stuff from DFAMEGUY11S in Nairaland and had 150k balance
DFAMEGUY11S Called me and said my Friend have a 150k balance if he should supply him the goods I said Yes
I have being doing business with DFAMEGUY11S for over three or four year I haven't met him in person
The last time I was in Town DFAMEGUY11S said we must see
My friend had to send DFAMEGUY11S money later
This was what I meant, But People also should learn to manage their expectations too. Not everyone is a crook

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
Chikebrain:

Does @Gbadexy offer "mid-premium" paints coz I've been hearing he offers premium paints
Yes sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2022
Chikebrain:

I’m sure he’ll respond.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
Chikebrain:
To workmen who does railings in the house, what's the cost per metre for frameless Glass rails?
45,000/m for 10mm tempered glass

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
gbadexy:

Like I did mention earlier, there are some painters that aren't mine that did perfectly neat application.
I specifically requested for@ Thenext to post a few videos of the internal painting done by his painter.
I'm particularly impressed with the neatness and how they took their time to do the cutting of the top part, lower part and part where different colors meet for first coat.
If not told, you would think it was a finished painting and they are yet to apply the second coat.
The final coat and cutting would be uniform with this approach.
The paints were supplied by me and I can definitely give you same product at a much cheaper cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahXYmqwPpF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7YH7r91vI

https://youtube.com/shorts/WNgFVjm09vw?feature=share

@gbadexy

Thanks for recommending painters that can do a good job.

Do you have a website?

Just saying because I initially wanted to buy from President Paints. I conducted extensive searched online (Google not Nairaland) and their name came up. It helped that they had a solid online presence and a very active WhatsApp customer care line.

But the only issue was that they didn't have an office in Abuja and I would have to bear the cost of shipping the paints to Abuja.

My second reason for choosing the current paint is that I wanted a premium paint.

My third reason is that I wanted exotic colors, very deep reds and very black black if there is such a thing.

I would like you to make it very clear, are you a budget paint manufacturer or a premium paint manufacturer? We know that due to the mix for premium paints they last longer and look better, that must come at a cost.

The next question is how many years one can expect from the paint before needing repainting? Please provide this information here and also on your website.

I look forward to doing business with you in the future. I have not forgotten our earlier interaction, but I had already gone far with the current project to onboard you at this stage.

Sorry for the late response, life happened.

Additional Notes:

From my research, why I make a big issue of premium paints can be summarized below:

1. Better quality pigments

2. Finer pigment particles

3. More coverage per liter with less work

4. Fewer coats to get your desired color

5. Longer lasting (up to twice as long)

6. Contains thickening additives meaning a more even coat

7. Can hide wall imperfections better due to a higher concentration of resin and a smaller concentration of VOC

8. More more spent on premium quality paints means more more spent on higher quality pigments, resins and solvents = better adhesion, better hiding capacity, spatter resistance, flow and leveling, touch-up capability, stain/scrub resistance, fade resistance

9. Reduced toxicity

What they don't tell you is that if you use a premium paint, you should also use premium paint brushes and rollers. The kind of brushes you can find at the likes of Shoprite and The Game.

All told, I think you get value paying more for higher quality paint.

There may be some repeats in the listed points, I hope I can be excused for the same.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
Good day all. Please as a follow up to my inquiries on roof-top tank elevation, this is how I eventually did it. Thanks for all the advice.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
chimexdnice1:
Good day all. Please as a follow up to my inquiries on roof-top tank elevation, this is how I eventually did it. Thanks for all the advice.
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: amosblac, gbadexy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.