Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,290 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2891) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433484 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) (2893) (2894) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
So the number of people here that continue to rob buyers without a gun
continue to increase daily
It's shameful
Nigerians are pure evil

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
The typical start and end of our fraudster builder-client relationship:

The start:

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
The end

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
it never fails

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
somehow:

A performance bond is what I think every potential client should ask from whoever they choose to execute their projects (After filtering known quacks/frauds).

I initially asked Bosun for this but he couldn't get any bank of his to answer him for days.

What now happened next...?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seankim(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
n3xt:

The power of positivity.

All evidence prove that our thoughts (positive or negative) have psychological and physical effects on our body.

When everyone chose negativity yesterday, I chose not to go with popular opinion grin

Look at the result. I was able to thank my own supplier 7 after our transaction. She’s being asked to thank and reward her supplier in less than 24 hours.

Isé Olúwa Awamaridi
Fraudster like you hiding behind Ise Oluwa.
Why you no go remain positive when na next maga wey you go scam you de find all around.
You’ve been actively active on this thread in the last few days as if your life depends on it.
All your life na here. Your failed attempt to divert forum members to your kobo shite site has made you to lay siege here, looking for the n3xt available mugu. You don chop wetin go choke you.
Better go pay your gbese.
Your children will one day get to read about the many fraudulent activities of an incompetent building contractor they have as father. You wey soppose go follow your calling as a keyboard warrior. You carry construction wey you no sabi for head because of the many porous way to scam people.
bosun soyeye, go pay your gbese.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seankim(m): 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
n3xt:

For the fact that we do not have a system in place doesn’t mean we can’t protect ourselves in our individual transactions and minimize risks and preventable losses.

Here are some of ideas I think we can explore:

1. POD on supplies between 20k - 500k. See no. 6 below for supplies worth more than 500k

2. 10% contract security on transactions worth over N2m to be deposited with the owner.

3. Payment on Installments (POI) basis for Labour only contracts. Payment for stage of work is released after all works within the scope has been inspected and satisfactorily completed.
In event of additions/deletions, the difference is calculated and an agreed sum is released to the contractor.

4. Performance bond on contracts exceeding N5m. I think the issuing company now take CofO. Don’t take PB from jankara agents o. Banks and reputable financial institutions would do fine.

5. Parent Company Guarantee should be used when dealing with skilled professionals and artisans who cannot readily provide some of the security documents above.
The guarantor (who could be former boss, client, reputable supplier etc) would pay back the client in event of contractors default or losses incurred.
A form of collateral should be obtained from the PCG.

6. Hire verified suppliers the same way you hire contractors in a mega scale development and issue letter of credit.

________

Some few minutes ago, a client here just ring me to inform me he’s awarding a job to one of my artisans and need some form of guarantee.

I thank him and told him “I’ll ensure all the materials are delivered to your site before you make any commitment.”
I immediately put a call through to my supplier and ask the contractor to go and make booking on my account.

_________

I’ve equally tow this route on a project where the client need some form of guarantee.
We agreed the project would only commence when the contractor has shown some level of commitment to the project, so some items were delivered on Payment on Delivery basis.

you wey soppose go for deliverance de give advice for here. Small time you go dabaru all agreements and you go back to factory setting, scamming innocent people.

Better go pay your gbese.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seankim(m): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
rotecch77:
I greet all good and well wishers of this thread and Nairaland as a whole.

I have something in mind to shear here which I believed it will be of great help for both clients, build industry professionals,artisans, suppliers etc
Let me go straight to the point without waste much of our time.

The rate at which some good clients here are treated badly is alarming same applicable to some good build industry professionals , artisan, suppliers etc.

Some people will remember when this particular thread was almost gone few years back when some good people here ran away bcs of one reason or the others, I called back most of them then.
Now I can see that same thing is about to happen again.

Now this is my suggestion.
1– let’s create a well functioning disputes resolution thread to oversee any dispute that concerns construction and services related matters here.
This thread will nominate , home owners, elders, young and old minded professionals in construction field, a well biz guru etc to solve any issues that might comes up now or in future so that a good clients, professionals, artisan, sales men and woman will not be drag here without deep verification.

Because here a lot of biz to happens which requires good monitoring if am not mistaken
If you think nothing concerns you bcs you have not been duped or dragged here without proper investigation then when your own turn comes around it will be like a magic to you.

More suggestions are welcome in other to bring sanity to this section of Nairaland and Nairaland as a whole
The foundation of any business is trust. Even with all those suggestions in place, people like Bosun soyeye go still find way to scam their clients.
How many of you have openly appealed to him to refund somehow? Who among the so called elders can bet his money that Bosun will agree that he’s wrong if he’s involved in any dispute?
What policy are you going to put in place to checkmate incompetent builders like Bosun soyeye? As you can see, na him first proffer solution to your suggestion, the same way he hijacked the idea of having another platform from egunmogaji.
Egunmogaji suggested a platform like Facebook group, guyman go build site de call people to come join. At that period, he was busy de-marketing this thread and nairaland. Now he has ran back here to be looking for maga.
Even if seun and mynd44 look away, We no go allow this fraudulent guy, i person of Bosun Soyoye to keep scamming people here

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
n3xt:

The power of positivity.

All evidence prove that our thoughts (positive or negative) have psychological and physical effects on our body.

When everyone chose negativity yesterday, I chose not to go with popular opinion grin

Look at the result. I was able to thank my own supplier 7 after our transaction. She’s being asked to thank and reward her supplier in less than 24 hours.

Isé Olúwa Awamaridi
But we are still in the middle of that story. It hasn’t ended yet.
That is why I said for the supplier to bring the quantity he can at the new price. That was an attempt to give someone the benefit of doubt.
Now that we know that the wood supplier is somewhat sincere, two things are evident
He was telling the truth about the current price in the bush market
He might have also been sincere about the quality.

Now do you think the price at the open market where she is about to go to would be cheaper for the same quality of wood? The answer is never.

So who is losing at the end? Assuming she buys them more expensive now, which is certain.

We are still here for reports on the actual price to compare if she would.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AKArchitect555(m): 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
My propose project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
hslbroker2:
Current price of iron rod (Top Steel, LCI)
As at today
8mm. @N370k
10mm @N415k
12mm @N410k
16mm @N410k

TMT
10mm @N445k
12mm @N445k
16mm @N445k
20mm.@N445k
25mm.@N445k

Payment on delivery (POD) to any part of Lagos and Ogun State, give us a try today, you will be satisfy.

Contact me through my signature.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
sonnie10:

But we are still in the middle of that story. It hasn’t ended yet.
That is why I said for the supplier to bring the quantity he can at the new price.
Now that we know that the wood supplier is somewhat sincere, two things are evident
He was telling the truth about the current price in the bush market
He might have also been sincere about the quality.

Now do you think the price at the open market where she is about to go to would be cheaper for the same quality of wood? The answer is never.

So who is losing at the end? Assuming she buys them more expensive now, which is certain.

We are still here for reports on the actual price to compare if she would.

For the wood supplier, that chapter of the story is already closed.

________
Bush wood vs Open Market

In my case, I went the bush route because of quality and I paid almost twice the local market rate per wood.
If I should go by what’s obtainable in the open market, the quality of the wood is very terrible.

I really mean terrible. My woods were not only complete, I got the right measurement and good quality.

Going to open market is great but I’ll be more wary of adulteration especially when the buyer is ignorant. Even if you’re smart, they’ll still play smart in the open market.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
n3xt:

What now happened next...?

Is this supposed to be answered?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
My new project,please follow me

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
n3xt:

________
Bush wood vs Open Market

In my case, I went the bush route because of quality and I paid almost twice the local market rate per wood.
If I should go by what’s obtainable in the open market, the quality of the wood is very terrible.

I really mean terrible. My woods were not only complete, I got the right measurement and good quality.

Going to open market is great but I’ll be more wary of adulteration especially when the buyer is ignorant. Even if you’re smart, they’ll still play smart in the open market.

Bross why dont you do all of us a favour and \foxtrot Oscar from this forum to deal with the rest of your demons? your continued presence here is Pyssing everyone off
Every day you post on here is making you a bigger C you next tuesday!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
hslbroker2:
My new project,please follow me
Nice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
AKArchitect555:
My propose project
This could be challenging

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
erico2k2:

lol, God is in control
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
hslbroker2:
lol, God is in control
ok we are following
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
AKArchitect555:
My propose project
My boss God is your strength, carry on your good workcheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
erico2k2:

this is the parapet design we are doing first, before the roof, we did this one at abuja, but my client love this one.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
Blessedsunny2:

My boss God is your strength, carry on your good workcheesy
thank u sir, I'm grateful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
erico2k2:

ok we are following
thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Videour(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
Stopthecap:
The end
n3xt if I get to meet you in person I will castrate your balls. Even seun is not helping at all, his making the matter worse. Since 2013, who knows how much you defrauded qc1 huh barbus?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
hslbroker2:
thank u sir, I'm grateful
Okay sir thanks you too ,but I'm referring to akeem

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
hslbroker2:
this is the parapet design we are doing first, before the roof, we did this one at abuja, but my client love this one.
I did the opposite of this/mine curved outward in the middle

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
n3xt:

________
Bush wood vs Open Market

See, we just did over 2000 pieces of 2 x 4 x 18 for that mansion (Some were cut into 2 x2 thou). We bought from the open market.
Some were actually 16 feet and some 17 while the rest was 18 but they calculated all of them as 18feet.

They came in three batches initially they supplied #1200, then #1450 the last was #1600. Quality wood that you don't have to treat, they called is magoro or so over there.

I too experience these changes in price , but nairaland is not a good place to relate ones own experience for others to learn

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
erico2k2:

I did the opposite of this/mine curved outward in the middle

This lovely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
n3xt:

________
Bush wood vs Open Market

See, we just did over 2000 pieces of 2 x 4 x 18 for that mansion (Some were cut into 2 x2 thou). We bought from the open market.
Some were actually 16 feet and some 17 while the rest was 18 but they calculated all of them as 18feet.

They came in three batches initially they supplied #1200, then #1450 the last was #1600. Quality wood that you don't have to treat, they called is magoro or so over there.

I too experienced these changes in price , but nairaland is not a good place to relate ones own experience for others to learn

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
sonnie10:

I too experience these changes in price , but nairaland is not a good place to relate ones own experience for others to learn

That is somi

I supply at N1, 500 barnsaw or sawmill
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
hslbroker2:

This lovely
yes my DIY project so far
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
erico2k2:

yes my DIY project so far
wonderful

(1) (2) (3) ... (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) (2893) (2894) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dongc(m), joycluv and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.