Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4441678 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:08am On Apr 03, 2022
redgem:
Please what can I use to treat the woods?

Solignum, Kerosene and used Motor Oil*

I shared this trick some years back but few who don’t understand the dynamics condemned it.

The truth is used motor oil cannot completely dry Thus it helps in stabilize your roofing wood and make them stronger and more durable.

So unless you’re having problems at untreated nail points/joints, your roofing woods can last forever when treated with used motor oil.

________

I did that on my personal build though I have very solid woods and I never regret it. Having double layer of protection doesn’t harm.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 10:31am On Apr 03, 2022
Kingdemu:
Pls go ahead and fight Brabus to the moon and back but stop bullying people just because they choose to respond to him on this thread. No one is under your control here.

Likewise dunka has flooded my threads with post of me associated to next and being a fraudster. Will a sane person do that for no reason because I advised somehow to go more active offline and faster to retrieve his money from next.
Dunka, take your posts on my tbreadsy down and be a reasonable human
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2022
DUNKA:
@ EgunMogaji2 and @sonnie10 Sirs, please I appeal for the swords to be sheathed. Let's us not forget the bigger picture that Bosun is fraudster and needs to be stopped from getting any more victims. One day you will look back at this exchange and laugh together. Bosun really brings out the worst of emotions wink

I come in peace

Then also take down your baseless n false posts on my threads
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2022
Horlardorjah:

Likewise dunka has flooded my threads with post of me associated to next and being a fraudster. Will a sane person do that for no reason because I advised somehow to go more active offline and faster to retrieve his money from next.
Dunka, take your posts on my tbreadsy down and be a reasonable human

Some of you are crying more than the bereaved!!! Let the client deal with his issue the way he chooses... Stop support crime. You all should come together and flush crime out of this space

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2022
bolu1986:

Some of you are crying more than the bereaved!!! Let the client deal with his issue the way he chooses... Stop support crime. You all should come together and flush crime out of this space

I wouldn't understand why DUNKA will go to my post to do that while somehow even gets what I was implying.
Take down your posts DUNKA
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 11:07am On Apr 03, 2022
uncleteeh:

Are you the contractor or the supervising engineer on this project sir?

Also wondering...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2022
Wood from the Bush

So I decided to do a preventative check on my roofing woods this morning and I feel I should share why getting wood from the credible source from the Bush is 1000 times better for me.

Project: Chateau De Brabus
Year of Installation: 11 Years

Observation

- the wood are still resistant to humidity and temperature fluctuations. No visible signs of defects.

- the treatment applied on the wood is still highly resistant to rot, fungi, and mildew. The woods are still looking great.

Though it cost a little more than the open market price, I’m happy to pay the difference for peace of mind and comfort.

In a separate post, I’ll share pictures of woods that were supplied to me in one of my ongoing project. I cannot but smile when I get to see the quality of these woods, their shape and even their sizes (length and girth).

I recently stumble on some 2by2 woods on a project and I feel very sad that someone who could afford a N5m roofing sheet cannot take the pain to get the best type of roofing wood out their to build the roof frame.

It’s just sad a lot of people don’t know the areas to invest in quality upfront - areas to compromise and areas not to bat an eyelid.

This is one!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ogbs2020: 11:29am On Apr 03, 2022
How do l verify lands in ANAMBRA state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:39am On Apr 03, 2022
ogbs2020:
How do l verify lands in ANAMBRA state

I’m not sure this is exactly what you’re looking for but this could be your starting point on your journey to home ownership in Anambra.

You can visit https://www.kobocity.com/d/88-building-in-anambra to read everything you need to know about Anambra State Physical Planning Board.

Information is knowledge.

_________

Reach out to the office through their website to make further enquiries.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adeememman(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2022
n3xt:

Solignum, Kerosene and used Motor Oil*

I shared this trick some years back but few who don’t understand the dynamics condemned it.

The truth is used motor oil cannot completely dry Thus it helps in stabilize your roofing wood and make them stronger and more durable.

So unless you’re having problems at untreated nail points/joints, your roofing woods can last forever when treated with used motor oil.

________

I did that on my personal build though I have very solid woods and I never regret it. Having double layer of protection doesn’t harm.
This is only applicable to woods that is left in the open
Used motor oil can perfectly preserve the wood. This is because used motor oil cannot completely dry. It keeps sipping deeper into the wood. This action will stabilize the wood by making it strong and durable. On the flip side, you cannot use this method to preserve indoor wood.

Using used motor oil is only best for outdoor woodwork.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2022
Horlardorjah:

Then also take down your baseless n false posts on my threads
Are you still allied with our resident fraudster?

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2022
DUNKA:
Are you still allied with our resident fraudster?

You are not asking me that question. Be responsible.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2022
bixton:

Please kindly desist from generalizing.......
If you want complete 2*2,2*3,2*4......its there in the open market. [b]You will just have to spend some good number of hours in the market to sort each out. [/b]And it's easier if same is gotten from the bush directly under good arrangement.

As for the 16mm being 12mm and 12mm being 10mm.....you must be joking about this.

Many of you fellas hardly go do real time market surveys.

If I can't go to the market and buy what I want and leave without wasting my time.... Na im be say e no dey...
Going to the Bush to get it still backs up my claim.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kk4:

Hello,
Can I get a rough quotation for,

8 double aluminium windows.

2 (3 in 1) aluminium windows (sliding).

Total of 10 windows. Thanks
Good afternoon sir
Size of the window.

With embedded burglary or without?
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

My own is not to discourage the first time builder.

Not having the required skill at the first go around is not a crime - lol.

No be crime oo. But some mistakes could be costly...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
adeememman:

Used motor oil can perfectly preserve the wood. This is because used motor oil cannot completely dry. It keeps sipping deeper into the wood. This action will stabilize the wood by making it strong and durable. On the flip side, you cannot use this method to preserve indoor wood.

@bolded in red

Do you have any reason why used motor oil can’t or shouldn’t used on indoor woods?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
bobkezel:

If I can't go to the market and buy what I want and leave without wasting my time.... Na im be say e no dey...
Going to the Bush to get it still backs up my claim.

Smiles. No time for long thing.

You can’t wait for the “let me bring it from our second shop” stories.

On a flipside, how many wood seller will allow you to select “all good” woods. That’s if theyre not stewarding you towards where baddest of the bad woods are stocked.

Even the most experienced carpenters get cheated by these guys.

Note: there are good guys out there selling quality woods in the open market but you can hardly find two in a dozen because people by default will naturally pick cheap over good.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
Person2person:

Chairman, all this dy/dx does not work in the open market oo...wood no dey full again, hence the chewing stick size.. �
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2022
bobkezel:

Do you know there are structurally important but not aesthetically pleasing component in every home? Read up: https://www.kobocity.com/d/224-30-ways-to-save-money-on-your-next-home-project/22

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
bobkezel:

You're very correct. But it doesn't add value when we beat them up after the fact. Hopefully they'll join us first and learn before embarking on their project.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
adeememman:

This is wrong

My dad used black, used engine oil on one of his build up north.
It been over 17 years now
As a matter of fact last two years
I went up there to the roof
Abi na inside the roof.
I was walking on those woods
Trying to hide from kidnappers
Lol.

I did same thing to my school build.
That's basically what everyone does in North.
They use engine oil only.
Nobody uses chemical.
Atleast around builds that I have seen
I am praying and hoping this thread comes back to normal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
Greenarrow01:

This is wrong

My dad used black, used engine oil on one of his build up north.
It been over 17 years now
As a matter of fact last two years
I went up there to the roof
Abi na inside the roof.
I was walking on those woods
Trying to hide from kidnappers
Lol.

I did same thing to my school build.
That's basically what everyone does in North.
They use engine oil only.
Nobody uses chemical.
Atleast around builds that I have seen
I am praying and hoping this thread comes back to normal.
it's called "condemned oil"

Go to any mechanic workshop and you get it. It recently they usually dash it out but they're currently selling it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chriswazo(m): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2022
n3xt:

I’m not sure this is exactly what you’re looking for but this could be your starting point on your journey to home ownership in Anambra.

You can visit https://www.kobocity.com/d/88-building-in-anambra to read everything you need to know about Anambra State Physical Planning Board.

Information is knowledge.

_________

Reach out to the office through their website to make further enquiries.

The certificate of fitness for habitation, is it a general rule for all states?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kk4(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Good afternoon sir
Size of the window.

With embedded burglary or without?
Thanks

Without burglary.

Total of 10 windows
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2022
The testimony continues...from the clients of our fraudster builder.

When he is not trying to get an insider to cooperate to defraud you, he is DIRECTLY engaging in the theft of funds and materials.

From as little as N25k bag of nails to millions..No amount or material is too small to steal.

That is not the only thing.

Owing wages and suppliers IN YOUR NAME is a constant

Collect money for material and labour and refuse to pay suppliers and laborers....people coming to your site asking you for materials you know you have paid for

laborer/ subcontractors calling you for payment you believe you have paid for.

As usual our fraudster builder says they are all lying, and ONLY HE TELLS THE TRUHT[i][/i]...

Different clients ... Same person ...but all the same experience.

BEWARE

He is hungry and on the prowl looking for his next mark

PROSPECTIVE HOME BUILDERS BEWARE

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
sonnie10:

Be advised that nairaland is like beer parlor. Anyone can choke their mouth in any open discussion. I can never allow you to openly pin such allegation on me

You are not the first and you won’t be the last. Open a few pages back and you would find a lot like you
Those that said openly that this might be his other handle
Those who said worst.
Those who couldn’t comprehend and even opened their mouth to accuse me of owning next a bike.
Come to think of it...

You, I mean you, mr opener, who gave you the opening to comment on this thread? I am asking because that seems to be the logic behind your comment

Very soon, you would suggest I even opened kobocity for him.
But you have never reported those that went as far as going to actively and openly engage and follow him there.

I never knew one needed an “opening” to comment on nairaland.
Need I remind you that this is 2022 and some of Nx3t comments we have recently seen date back to 2013. Who gave him the opening in those years?
Please be mindful of your open insinuations Nx3t time

There are people on this thread that have meet and discussed with him in person, I have never

There are people on this thread that have emailed him privately, I have never emailed

There are people that have solicited his services, paid money, engaged him , I have never

There people on this thread that have called him on the phone severally, I have never done so.
There are people on thread as we learnt today whose sisters womb were shifted, I never knew such.

All these people you have never openly called out

If you continue, you might also discover that some had dined with him
So just know that the connection you are trying to open or link is dead on arrival

But, and i mean DO YOU AGREE THAT NEXT IS A FRAUDULENT PERSON? DO YOU, IN ALL HONESTY THINKS THAT ALL THE CLIENT THAT NEXT WAS ALLEGED TO HAVE SWINDLED ARE FAKE OR JUST MAKING IT UP TO SPITE HIM? DO YOU THINK IT IS RIGHT TO GIVE HIM WHAT I WILL TERM "ANOTHER CHANCE".... CAN YOU GIVE HIM YOUR PROJECT?
If you dont mind, the answer to all of this question is either a YES or NO!!!!
I will still post yhe oicture of the yves rocher lotion, I'll be home later tonight sir...

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
Sigh - groan - shakes head - sighs again.

https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/used-engine-oil

Drops this and moves on.

Ire o.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
dapotemi:

But, and i mean DO YOU AGREE THAT NEXT IS A FRAUDULENT PERSON? DO YOU, IN ALL HONESTY THINKS THAT ALL THE CLIENT THAT NEXT WAS ALLEGED TO HAVE SWINDLED ARE FAKE OR JUST MAKING IT UP TO SPITE HIM? DO YOU THINK IT IS RIGHT TO GIVE HIM WHAT I WILL TERM "ANOTHER CHANCE".... CAN YOU GIVE HIM YOUR PROJECT?
If you dont mind, the answer to all of this question is either a YES or NO!!!!
I will still post yhe oicture of the yves rocher lotion, I'll be home later tonight sir...
Who made me the judge, Sir?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kk4:

Without burglary.

Total of 10 windows
Casement window with net
[Open 3side],5 x 4-60k
[Open 2side],4 x 4-45k
[Open 1side],2 x 2-25k

Sliding window permanent net
5 x 4-35k
4 x 4-28k
2 x 2-10k
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.