Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377717 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
The staircase is ready for use after 11bags of cement were used at 1:4:5.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
sonnie10:

Basic verifiable information is all you need to make such decisions not emotions. Isn’t that why we all learnt to read and do basic maths? Reason why rhetorical appeal has no place in science, engineering and technology. Standards for measurement like inches, meters etc were developed for empirical evidence. Besides, only a dinosaur would use an approx. of 1.9 inches (2' minus 1/8') x 2 wood for chewing stick.
The average saw blade is about 1/8 to 1/4 inches thick.
But the thick ones like the 1/4 inches blade are used for such job.
That is the most sawdust that would be wasted from that cut
Now divide that into two, you have 1/8 inches loss for each 2x 2 obtained from a 2x 4.

Think about it, how thick is 1/8 inches? That is as flat as a razor blade. Is that what you should be concerned about? 1/8 difference of an inch is relatively very negligible in terms of size. A regular measuring tape is not even calibrated to spot this difference. secondly 2 x2 are mostly for nogging and there are no safety implications patterning to this.

I look at it in terms of savings. At almost #300 difference, multiple that by the quantity and you have enough money for carpentry labour.

Let’s hope that is not even what the supplier would do because that would be your money in another persons pocket for lack of information. .

Chairman, all this dy/dx does not work in the open market oo...wood no dey full again, hence the chewing stick size.. �

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
Person2person:

Chairman, all this dy/dx does not work in the open market oo...wood no dey full again, hence the chewing stick size.. �
dy/dy grin

Wuna funny

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
bobkezel:

Calm down bro...
2x4 you used to know is no longer 2x4 it's like 2x3... 2x3 is now 2x2.... 2x2 is now useless or chewing stick as the person above stated...
16mm u used to know is now 12mm, 12mm now 10mm....
Naija is on auto cruise for destruction.

The length yes , but not the width .

2 x 4 x 18 is mostly 2 x 4 x 16 or 17. There is no major incentive to reduce the width, that is why they don't do it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2022
Person2person:

Then Nx3t was right, obtaining from the Bush is better and more accurate It then might be more expensive. So why did they all advice her to go buy from the open market when they all knew it was not good? Isn't that deception or withholding relevant information?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
bobkezel:

Calm down bro...
2x4 you used to know is no longer 2x4 it's like 2x3... 2x3 is now 2x2.... 2x2 is now useless or chewing stick as the person above stated...
16mm u used to know is now 12mm, 12mm now 10mm....
Naija is on auto cruise for destruction.

Please kindly desist from generalizing.......
If you want complete 2*2,2*3,2*4......its there in the open market. You will just have to spend some good number of hours in the market to sort each out. And it's easier if same is gotten from the bush directly under good arrangement.

As for the 16mm being 12mm and 12mm being 10mm.....you must be joking about this.

Many of you fellas hardly go do real time market surveys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
n3xt:

Wow! I guess they’re in prime areas.

We bought the commercial property with something around 8figures.

Abk is already becoming a hot cake

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
bixton:

If you want complete 2*2,2*3,2*4......its there in the open market. You will just have to spend some good number of hours in the market to sort each out. And it's easier if same is gotten from the bush directly under good arrangement.

As for the 16mm being 12mm and 12mm being 10mm.....you must be joking about this.

the truth is if you go to the market looking for cheap and substandard stuff, them plenty.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2022
sonnie10:

the truth is if you go to the market looking for cheap and substandard stuff, them plenty.

Something is cheap does not mean it's substandard. Expensive does not also make it standard.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
bixton:

Many of you fellas hardly go do real time market surveys.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
bixton:

Something is cheap does not mean it's substandard. Expensive does not also make it standard.

You are correct. Information and knowledge is the key.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
sonnie10:

Then Nx3t was right, obtaining from the Bush is better and more accurate It then might be more expensive. So why did they all advice her to go buy from the open market when they all knew it was not good? Isn't that deception or withholding relevant information?

I give advice only once. It’s not my house.

Whether bush or open market, make we sha roof our house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beejay1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
Any info people? Area is Alagbado
beejay1:
Hello house, my sand supplier gave me the following quote.
Pls help verify:

10 tire truck
Filling sand: 50k per trip
Sharp sand: 105k per trip

Trailer of granite: 300k per trip

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
beejay1:
Any info people? Area is Alagbado

Disclaimer

I’m not asking you to buy from this person. As a matter of fact, I’ve not patronized her before but she’s a supplier around that area. She gave me her contact while working on some projects there.

You can call her to make enquiries and compare figures.

0708 357 7813 - I don’t know her name.

Here’s what I know. The price of good sharp sand in that area is more than what we buy in Lekki and Oshodi. And their truck is kinda small which makes it look like a rip off to me.
They don’t use the China truck we are used to in Lekki axis. They have the side-loading type of truck.

They have 2 types of sharp sand (good and bad sand). Both can be used but I’d advice you to use the good one for your concrete works.

_________

Granite at 300k in that axis seems like a good deal to me if it’s full. I bought very full 45 tons 2 weeks ago in Oshodi at 450k.
Unconfirmed source says granite price will go up in coming week again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
n3xt:

I give advice only once. It’s not my house.

Whether bush or open market, make we sha roof our house.
give the advice in Kobocity your brand is not trusted on Nairaland wink

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
n3xt:

Disclaimer

I’m not asking you to buy from this person. As a matter of fact, I’ve not patronized her before but she’s a supplier around that area. She gave me her contact while working on some projects there.

Here’s what I know. The price of good sharp sand in that area is more than what we buy in Lekki and Oshodi. And their truck is kinda small which makes it look like a rip off to me.
They don’t use the China truck we are used to in Lekki axis. They have the side-loading type of truck.

They have 2 types of sharp sand (good and bad sand). Both can be used but I’d advice you to use the good one for your concrete works.

_________

Granite at 300k in that axis seems like a good deal to me if it’s full. I bought very full 45 tons 2 weeks ago in Oshodi at 450k.
Have you paid somehow his refund?

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
n3xt:

I give advice only once.

But you defraud people more than 13 victims grin

Barawo.

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
n3xt:

Disclaimer

_________

Anyone who goes to this great length to issue unsolicited advice on a public forum with the intention of defrauding more people is really cursed.

N3xt, who used your destiny to do money ritual?

Check it very well,someone has used your pant in one shrine somewhere.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
n3xt:

thief and fraudster.

No free flow grin

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
n3xt:

Conman how market?

Very tough abi grin

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
the testimony continues...

Did I forget to mention that the same client had issues with missing structural members...?

DEFECTIVE CONCRETE... STRUCTURAL MEMBERS NOT CONNECTING...

STUFFED CEMENT BAG IN CONCRETE MIX....

our fraudster builder is back looking for a new mark.

BEWARE

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
New parapet new progress

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
Person2person:

Lolzzzz dy/dx x du/dv,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2022
Perfect Touch Aluminium

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
sonnie10:

Bros I noticed you are the one always giving @NEXT an opening to get on this thread. Posterity is real sha o. What is not good is not good o.

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 12:45am On Apr 03, 2022
flexyonline:

Bros I noticed you are the one always giving @NEXT an opening to get on this thread. Posterity is real sha o. What is not good is not good o.
Be advised that nairaland is like beer parlor. Anyone can choke their mouth in any open discussion. I can never allow you to openly pin such allegation on me

You are not the first and you won’t be the last. Open a few pages back and you would find a lot like you
Those that said openly that this might be his other handle
Those who said worst.
Those who couldn’t comprehend and even opened their mouth to accuse me of owning next a bike.
Come to think of it...

You, I mean you, mr opener, who gave you the opening to comment on this thread? I am asking because that seems to be the logic behind your comment

Very soon, you would suggest I even opened kobocity for him.
But you have never reported those that went as far as going to actively and openly engage and follow him there.

I never knew one needed an “opening” to comment on nairaland.
Need I remind you that this is 2022 and some of Nx3t comments we have recently seen date back to 2013. Who gave him the opening in those years?
Please be mindful of your open insinuations Nx3t time

There are people on this thread that have meet and discussed with him in person, I have never

There are people on this thread that have emailed him privately, I have never emailed

There are people that have solicited his services, paid money, engaged him , I have never

There people on this thread that have called him on the phone severally, I have never done so.
There are people on thread as we learnt today whose sisters womb were shifted, I never knew such.

All these people you have never openly called out

If you continue, you might also discover that some had dined with him
So just know that the connection you are trying to open or link is dead on arrival

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:21am On Apr 03, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hotice007: 2:58am On Apr 03, 2022
I have so much interest in real estate development but currently, i have not knowledge on it. I'm currently located in warri, Delta state. I will love to be mentored on how to go about this and i need advice on how to start my journey. will highly appreciate your response
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 5:55am On Apr 03, 2022
Hotice007:
I have so much interest in real estate development but currently, i have not knowledge on it. I'm currently located in warri, Delta state. I will love to be mentored on how to go about this and i need advice on how to start my journey. will highly appreciate your response

This journey of yours is a long one, since you don't have a niche yet i will assume few below typing
Hotice007:

Real Estate (R.E) is like other form of business which sol3 aim is making Profit , the profit is determined by how luxury the investment is projected and clique of who you know and how open you are to your target market.

Relative Examples Below.
Mr A bought a plot of land around chevron for 99M and proposed a twin duplex on it, i may sell each duplex for a profit around 60% after completion..

While suji()*)mot()r may sell for around 250% because the way he projects his brand

Mr c may not see any buyer at all because people he knows may look at the investment as something over priced..

There are many branches to this investment mode as well buying land with the hope of making profits in the future this option take the Urban and Regional Planner with surveyor as friend they most likely know the future of those area if its more of residential, commercial, cemetery or acquisition..

Your Target market should never rely on civil servant because they will build gradually and get land from co operative..

Your location maybe Good for Rental Apartment kind of only but study time value of money well..

Tips: You may run into serious lost if you intend to cheat by compromising, Bad Reviews ..

Don't run unnecessary political opposition if you like your investment

Employ young minds ...

Few lucky ones should in case

If you start growing big then the real people will locate you and you front for their money, so learn to keep investor's name and profile silent � because background checks are mostly carried out before invitations..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:58am On Apr 03, 2022
Born2conquer:

5m to 10m for residential
10m upward for the commercial

Nice one.

#LandBanking
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:01am On Apr 03, 2022
beejay1:
Hello house, my sand supplier gave me the following quote.
Pls help verify:

10 tire truck
Filling sand: 50k per trip
Sharp sand: 105k per trip

Trailer of granite: 300k per trip

Thanks

My advice is to clarify it in tonnage.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:02am On Apr 03, 2022
redgem:
Please what can I use to treat the woods?

Soligum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.