Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4432112 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) (2908) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Here’s the actual space as of today.

POP people it is well with you o grin

A while back I asked for guidance on my shower/tub situation and I just noticed that I didn't close the loop.

This is what I ended up with. Still waiting for the glass partition.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

A while back I asked for guidance on my shower/tub situation and I just noticed that I didn't close the loop.

This is what I ended up with. Still waiting for the glass partition.

Thanks.
I like this Idea.complete wet roo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
Still your blessed sunny cheesy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hello House! Pls can we talk about open kitchen to the sitting room?
I'm trying to build two bedroom with open kitchen for rentage. Is it adviceable?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
olukaygold:
I'm trying to build two bedroom with open kitchen for rentage. Is it adviceable?

This is 32 units is open kitchen all through.. and all sold out

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2022
twinskenny:

Wow...I'm impressed... though I'm looking at the advantages(expenses and space management building the house) but I need more insight from people living in an open kitchen house

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2022
olukaygold:

I live in an open kitchen house. Personally I don’t see any other way I can live.

Good luck on your project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I live in an open kitchen house. Personally I don’t see any other way I can live.

Good luck on your project.
Thanks for your feedback. But how do you handle the kitchen heat and soup stinks sir?
I know of Heat extractor but na Nigeria we dey,24/7light is not assured to powered the Heat extractor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
olukaygold:

Thanks for your feedback. But how do you handle the kitchen heat and soup stinks sir?
I know of Heat extractor but na Nigeria we dey,24/7light is not assured to powered the Heat extractor.

Open the kitchen window to bring in fresh air while you are working your magic in the kitchen.

I do like the open floor plan myself but I was advised against it in commercial build because they said folks won't appreciate the idea.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2022
Blessedsunny2:
Still your blessed sunny cheesy

Do you have a baby size tub like the one in the pic above yours?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
Badgers14:

Open the kitchen window to bring in fresh air while you are working your magic in the kitchen.

I do like the open floor plan myself but I was advised against it in commercial build because they said folks won't appreciate the idea.
That's the reason why I brought the topic here,it's for commercial purposes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
twinskenny:

I like this. Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is bad but doings are going on.

Congratulations to you and the project owner. We must persevere and not accept defeat.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
olukaygold:

My kitchen is not yet fitted out because I'm still interviewing finish carpenters. I don't plan on even fitting an extractor because I intend for the major cooking to occur in the outside kitchen located in the central courtyard.

Ask yourself this question, how often does one intend to cook stinky food? So much so that one's way of life will have to be rearranged.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

My kitchen is not yet fitted out because I'm still interviewing finish carpenters. I don't plan on even fitting an extractor because I intend for the major cooking to occur in the outside kitchen located in the central courtyard.

Ask yourself this question, how often does one intend to cook stinky food? So much so that one's way of life will have to be rearranged.
Good Question. Students are people I'm selling(rentage) my market to,so they don't spend much time cooking,they always order or buy food outside

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

These are good looking doors. I wish designs like these are available lin wood and at affordable prices.
this are similar designs of it for wooden

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:

Thanks for sharing.

Do they come complete in frames like the metal ones? If so how much Sir? Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks for sharing.

Do they come complete in frames like the metal ones? If so how much Sir? Thanks.
yes comes complete with frame and key #89500

You can chatting me up so that I can send you their videos and more designs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
olukaygold:

That's the reason why I brought the topic here,it's for commercial purposes

Exactly!

Just like I appreciate that, some people won't.

I think it will come down to the location of the build and the type of tenants you could attract.

I am not familiar with the area you intend to build, but in certain locations, open concept will be a no no because people are still loving the conventional style.. the defacto style.

But in some locations , prospective tenants will be happy with that, because they understand that type of architecture and do appreciate it.

If I may add one more thing, open concept is not for folks with too many friends that visit often and like to throw party left and right. So open concept won't really fly if the build is around campus and you intend to rent to students.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2022
n3xt:

Solignum, Kerosene and used Motor Oil*

I shared this trick some years back but few who don’t understand the dynamics condemned it.

The truth is used motor oil cannot completely dry Thus it helps in stabilize your roofing wood and make them stronger and more durable.

So unless you’re having problems at untreated nail points/joints, your roofing woods can last forever when treated with used motor oil.

________

I did that on my personal build though I have very solid woods and I never regret it. Having double layer of protection doesn’t harm.

Satan will screw you without condom. OLOSHI.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
n3xt:
Wood from the Bush

So I decided to do a preventative check on my roofing woods this morning and I feel I should share why getting wood from the credible source from the Bush is 1000 times better for me.

Project: Chateau De Brabus
Year of Installation: 11 Years

Observation

- the wood are still resistant to humidity and temperature fluctuations. No visible signs of defects.

- the treatment applied on the wood is still highly resistant to rot, fungi, and mildew. The woods are still looking great.

Though it cost a little more than the open market price, I’m happy to pay the difference for peace of mind and comfort.

In a separate post, I’ll share pictures of woods that were supplied to me in one of my ongoing project. I cannot but smile when I get to see the quality of these woods, their shape and even their sizes (length and girth).

I recently stumble on some 2by2 woods on a project and I feel very sad that someone who could afford a N5m roofing sheet cannot take the pain to get the best type of roofing wood out their to build the roof frame.

It’s just sad a lot of people don’t know the areas to invest in quality upfront - areas to compromise and areas not to bat an eyelid.

This is one!

If karma is real, a tree from the bushes you described should fall down and flatten you and end your fraudulent actions.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2022
n3xt:

I’m not sure this is exactly what you’re looking for but this could be your starting point on your journey to home ownership in Anambra.

You can visit https://www.kobocity.com/d/88-building-in-anambra to read everything you need to know about Anambra State Physical Planning Board.

Information is knowledge.

_________

Reach out to the office through their website to make further enquiries.

Using one moniker to ask a question, using his criminal tainted moniker to answer the question and pointing the person to kobocrimecity to clean the guys out and steal even their panties, you are just a cheap crook.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
adeememman:

This is only applicable to woods that is left in the open
Used motor oil can perfectly preserve the wood. This is because used motor oil cannot completely dry. It keeps sipping deeper into the wood. This action will stabilize the wood by making it strong and durable. On the flip side, you cannot use this method to preserve indoor wood.

Using used motor oil is only best for outdoor woodwork.

Used crime oil can aprobriate the cacophony of irredentist tautology from pushing a salient opprobrium within a sanctuary in the hinterlands.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
n3xt:

@bolded in red

Do you have any reason why used motor oil can’t or shouldn’t used on indoor woods?

But that's the criminal viewpoint being sacrilegiously bandied in the boarding house trousers, I wouldn't even disembark from the oil of pontificating verbal altruisms. You can also do well to bastardize the rascals in government by working on agbero psyche with pepper.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
Greenarrow01:

This is wrong

My dad used black, used engine oil on one of his build up north.
It been over 17 years now
As a matter of fact last two years
I went up there to the roof
Abi na inside the roof.
I was walking on those woods
Trying to hide from kidnappers
Lol.

I did same thing to my school build.
That's basically what everyone does in North.
They use engine oil only.
Nobody uses chemical.
Atleast around builds that I have seen
I am praying and hoping this thread comes back to normal.

We don dey use a mix of solignum, kerosene and condemned motor oil since 1759. If you're not in so much of a hurry apply it while the wood is on the ground and after 2-3 days you can start to use for your roofing work.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AdebankeHomes(f): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
Looking for a solid investment that will yield massive returns? Look no further than the Hilton Royal Garden estate! This prime real estate is located along the Lekki-Epe expressway and is perfect for those looking to secure a generational wealth. With only a few plots left, don't miss your chance to snag one of these highly sought-after properties. Act now and own a piece of paradise!

LOCATION- BESIDE ALARO CITY ALONG LEKKI - EPE EXPRESSWAY

RESIDENTIAL- 8.5m

PLOT SIZE- 500 sqm

TITLE: C of O

For more inquiries and inspection call/text +2349032346439
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
n3xt:

Smiles. No time for long thing.

You can’t wait for the “let me bring it from our second shop” stories.

On a flipside, how many wood seller will allow you to select “all good” woods. That’s if theyre not stewarding you towards where baddest of the bad woods are stocked.

Even the most experienced carpenters get cheated by these guys.

Note: there are good guys out there selling quality woods in the open market but you can hardly find two in a dozen because people by default will naturally pick cheap over good.

Idiatt of the highest order, all the advice you gave here resulted in people losing millions of naira here. And your still issuing advice like a drunken love-vendor. Shameless soul.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
n3xt:

Do you have any reason why used motor oil can’t or shouldn’t be used to drown you in a barrel?

There's no reasons, you should be put in head first.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
howmuch ?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
n3xt:

Do you know there are structurally important but not aesthetically pleasing component in every home? Read up: https://www.kobocity.com/d/224-30-ways-to-save-mone

This is kidnapping, diverting people to a lonely website where you will tie them up, Rob them and even delete them because you're the poster, site owner and fraud operator.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Sigh - groan - shakes head - sighs again.

https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/used-engine-oil

Drops this and moves on.

Ire o.

Hahahahaha.........
People took covid vaccine and died here in the country and that did not stop others from taking it. There are those who took same and their manhood did not function for 30 days and WHO did nothing about it.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
Abudu2000:
100k for architectural and structural drawings? No no I'm not siding with next but I'm happy he duped you. At Least others on this forum won't patronize someone who ask for 100k for a job that will involve 2 professionals (architect and engineer) so baba the fault was yours.
Looks like alot of you here deserves someone like next.
Was it too small in 2014?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
bobkezel:

Was it too small in 2014?
even a bongalow wouldn't go that low at that time let alone a storey building but unless the client decide to hire a hungry quack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) (2908) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BabaChicago(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.