Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2934) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399783 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) (2935) (2936) (2937) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
Jegewi:
can I see pictures of the vibrated concrete blocks
I've no pics yet cos I'm yet to start working due to logistics but I'll officially start work on Monday. I've the jiji pic here though

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:41am On Apr 13, 2022
n3xt:

I’ve seen electrical. What about plumbing?

I believe we’ve moved on but if it won’t be an issue, I can still get an electrician to fish those pipes and get cables installed in them without worries at no cost to anyone.

Structured cabling is my major before I get into construction and I’ve worked on even far more complex situations.

Meanwhile, the client had a premium quote from top electrical contractor here (recommended by me) but chose to go with the cheapest in the market. I believe he has his own reasons

Fortunately for me, apart from steel trusses which was a variation item, the electrical work is the only part of my work that option quotes were sourced from subcontractors and picked based on clients approval.

Abi I lie?

I rest.

I've seen those pipes and I personally won't approve of their use on my site except I don't have a say in decision making.

Just a few questions Oga Brabus..

1. Did the client buy those pipes?

2. You used subcontractors for the electrical that were not your own workers right? An open bid yes? And client selected the subcontractors?

3. When the client chose the cheap quote, did you warn him those pipes for that price were inferior?

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:51am On Apr 13, 2022
n3xt:

I’ve moved baba.

I’m not going to drag someone who’s having a great time into your baseless accusation.

A simple question of “Why was there a need for option quotes on electrical pipe work during the project when you already have a contract covering everything in place?” You can’t provide answer.

You started tagging people up and down. Talking about wiring when we were discussing conduit pipe work.

I know lies when I see one. I know deflection when I smell one.

You WIN grin

Im trying to understand... How does this result in inferior pipe use for the piping stage

He can discuss wiring with anyone. It's not part of your job at that stage, right?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2022
Good morning good people.

Thanks for the opportunity of being here.

We want to just give you a sneak peak and heads up on one of our star project currently ongoing.

For more information on it.
See the thread of the project from beginning and feel free to follow up for updates.

Project status: Ongoing

https://www.nairaland.com/6656410/semi-detached-6-bedroom-duplex

Foot note:
The first 3 project threads on our profile are active projects you can follow as well for update.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:40am On Apr 13, 2022
Dennis3D:

We want to just give you a sneak peak and heads up on one of our star project currently ongoing.

See the thread of the project from beginning and feel free to follow up for updates.

You're welcome, looking good as usual.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 2roll(m): 7:40am On Apr 13, 2022
I will ask for clarity on that sir.

Thanks for the insight.

abuiltech:

It's cool but tell him to use 1/2" sized of PPR for the hotline considering the cost implication of using 3/4" size for it, is excessive, only if you're are using central water heater that's when 3/4" size might be applicable,

More so, no gate valve or stop cork in the quote, is it omitted or it's not going to be used, kindly seek clarity,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You're welcome, looking good as usual.

Thanks very much Sir.

If you don't mind, here is a preview of the 3D model animation way before construction started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clGdBNwPY7w

Thread members can watch too.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 10:17am On Apr 13, 2022
olukaygold:
Good evening House
I'm available for vibrated concrete block moulding at your site,why buy 9" at 300 per block when we can mould it for you at the rate of 220 per block or 2500 per bag at your site...call/WhatsApp 08162907678 for more details

You mentioned 2500/bag. How many blocks does this translate to for 9" and 6"?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:27am On Apr 13, 2022
hslbroker2:
For your casement windows and projected windows

Contact me

6x4

5x4

4x4

3x3

2x2

Contact me @my signature u will get affordable prices

Thanks

Happy weekend to you all

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2022
Dennis3D:

Foot note:
The first 3 project threads on our profile are active projects you can follow as well for update.

You are doing well Sir. Not audio builder. And you have a good reputation too because I can attest to that.
Keep up the good work.

Hajji M.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
CMC180:
Dears
Trigonometry aside.
What height of kingpost would you recommend for a bungalow of 42feet length and 28feet width

Carpenter recommended 9feet
I feel it would be too low (I'm okay with a not too low but not too high roof)

I did 14ft
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
mufutau55:

You are doing well Sir. No audio builder. And you have a good reputation too. Keep up the good work.

Hajji M.
Audio builder >> Oluwole builder >> Kankami builder >> Internet builder >> No builder shocked

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Audio builder >> Oluwole builder >> Kankami builder >> Internet builder >> No builder shocked

You no go kill me o. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
mufutau55:

You no go kill me o. smiley

Hajji M.

Baba

LoL
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
debeey87:

You mentioned 2500/bag. How many blocks does this translate to for 9" and 6"?

one bag of cement will produce 50 blocks for 6" while 35 blocks for 9"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
mufutau55:

You are doing well Sir. Not audio builder. And you have a good reputation too. Keep up the good work.

Hajji M.

Thanks sir.
We try as much to our best at each project.
We just MUST leave up to expectations.

Thanks for the heads up. The entire team appreciates that throughout our project threads on different locations

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
olukaygold:
one bag of cement will produce 50 blocks for 6" while 35 blocks for 9"
thumb up for you boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2022
hslbroker2:
thumb up for you boss
Thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
hslbroker2:
thumb up for you boss
Thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
We delivered the remodeling of this old structure to modern design within 3weeks.
Thanks to this Nairalander… I don’t even know your user name sir, But you a good client to work with even if it’s Sambisa forest I will follow you there to handle your project again

https://www.nairaland.com/7065697/remodeling-old-duplex-modern-type#111708335

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2022
More

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Let's supply your electrical accessories...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
Very sharp precast parapet. Weldone. Hope the integrity of this old structure was thoroughly checked before further loading.
rotecch77:
We delivered the remodeling of this old structure to modern design within 3weeks.
Thanks to this Nairalander… I don’t even know your user name sir, But you a good client to work with even if it’s Sambisa forest I will follow you there to handle your project again

https://www.nairaland.com/7065697/remodeling-old-duplex-modern-type#111708335

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
Good evening house,

Please where can I get roofing slate in lagos and price. I want to roof a goat house.

Kindly see pictures below.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2022
Aventures:
Very sharp precast parapet. Weldone. Hope the integrity of this old structure was thoroughly checked before further loading.
Longest time chief … o tii pee gan ni o
Actually it’s cast-in-situ parapet but we use steel panel for it and the guy is good ( this reduce waste of wood, no plastering of the parapet after casting, it save time etc )
Yes the building was built about 9!year ago or so and all columns and beams are intact.
Thanks so much sir.

Here is another pics of the parapet just concluded in another project yesterday.

Here we have
Big modern bakery
14 lockup shop
5 units of mini flat ( 1 bdr 1 sittingroom , kit, toilet )
All in 30-120ft land

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
Information reaching us now that Coleman increasing price by 3% on 19/04/22. You only have tomorrow to place order. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
Good evening everyone... Please I just got the roof measurement 450m for a 3 bedroom bungalow of 40 by 50ft....I am not sure it's the right measurement cos someone here that did a 4 bedroom was 370m.. Am I thinking too much?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2022
What's the height of your kingpost?

That's what determines the area of the roofing sheets.

redgem:
Good evening everyone... Please I just got the roof measurement 450m for a 3 bedroom bungalow of 40 by 50ft....I am not sure it's the right measurement cos someone here that did a 4 bedroom was 370m.. Am I thinking too much?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
PrimeQuay:
Good evening house,

Please where can I get roofing slate in lagos and price. I want to roof a goat house.

Kindly see pictures below.
sir,you can still find it in sawmills around you , most of those building material dealers also sell slates

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
QSFemi:
What's the height of your kingpost?

That's what determines the area of the roofing sheets.

14ft
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Is anyone selling window coverings on here?

I need to cover 8 4’x4’ windows in Elebu.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:04am On Apr 14, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) (2935) (2936) (2937) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.