Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2932) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377591 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) (2935) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
Jeff68:

I trust Gbadexy to deliver!! He is the most humble, gentle, honest and genuine Nigerian artisan I have met on this tread. My opinion only!!!
I read where he paid Michlins to produce a sample door, to be reviewed by spyder880, just for him to prove his mettle. That was a time when some were doubtful of Michlins’s art and competence. What a very kind gesture.
Oga Michlins, I hope to have my doors delivered by weekend (Abeokuta 24 doors).

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
MrOkenwa:

I read where he paid Michlins to produce a sample door, to be reviewed by spyder880, just for him to prove his mettle. That was a time when some were doubtful of Michlins’s art and competence. What a very kind gesture.

Thank you very much sir. That's how we would have missed the opportunity of a gifted and hard-working man providing quality service.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
siralos135:

Spot on!

Someone that kept apologising when I had a delay in the delivery of my paints from lagos to Minna. He said " even if something happened to your paints,I'll send another one". I was wowed!!!
I didn't know it was you sir. Thanks for the patronage.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2022
Jeff68:

I trust Gbadexy to deliver!! He is the most humble, gentle, honest and genuine Nigerian artisan I have met on this tread. My opinion only!!!
You are highly appreciated sir.
Grace indeed speaks as you look incredibly young and very fit for your age and accomplishments.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

My matter dey pain you but I’ll leave you alone now. Your meds should kick in soon.

They’ve sent you to change the storyline. I won’t let you use me to deflect. Carry on, the floor is yours.
Boss I know telling you the truth pains you more than lies . Go back to yankee Nigeria is for trenches like you can be rich today and be poor tomorrow. Nothing concern me my villiage people won’t get me mba nu .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jegewi: 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
siralos135:

Spot on!

Someone that kept apologising when I had a delay in the delivery of my paints from lagos to Minna. He said " even if something happened to your paints,I'll send another one". I was wowed!!!
chai such a nice person
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
MrOkenwa:

I will forever be grateful to Gbadexy even in my next life. And yes, your doors are good to go

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 3:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
It is refreshing to see positive reviews from clients and vendors on this thread again ..

whew!!!!

grin

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
michlins:
I will forever be grateful to Gbadexy even in my next life. And yes, your doors are good to go

Bros, have you heard about that mythical bird called Phoenix? It is immortal because of Ofor. There is a reason why Ofor is so symbolic, such that people have to hold it, and go everywhere with it.
It is like a mantle. There are certain responsibilities that come with it.
A duty
A function
A burden
And honor

If you know how to pound, pound inside the mortar, but pounding on the ground is an option, yet detestable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
Stopthecap:
It is refreshing to see positive reviews from clients and vendors on this thread again ..

whew!!!!

grin
bro forget the singular issue that is currently going on here, people are doing businesses on this thread daily. At least I am a benefactor.

Delivered this to a site an engineer is working on last Saturday

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2022
Good to hear !!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
https://www.nairaland.com/7073528/building-collapses-kano-2-quranic
I was in Oba in Anambra state 2weeks ago and saw a 5 storey building still under construction that collapsed, luckily the workers that were resident on the site just went out to get their dinner, on getting back they couldn't see their building again.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
UC92:

I was in Oba in Anambra state 2weeks ago and saw a 5 storey building still under construction that collapsed, luckily the workers that were resident on the site just went out to get their dinner, on getting back they couldn't see their building again.

Not sure why these things keep happening.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You know why. Same reason mechanics remove thermostat. People have convinced themselves that all these standards are just big grammar that can be bypassed. And they have successfully sliced and corner cut just enough in the past to be confident that the experts are full of sxxt.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
GloriousGbola:

You know why. Same reason mechanics remove thermostat. People have convinced themselves that all these standards are just big grammar that can be bypassed. And they have successfully sliced and corner cut just enough in the past to be confident that the experts are full of sxxt.

You're right.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I wish there's a body always doing full investigation of all this collapse and re testing with documentary simulation 3D and showing it on Air maybe weekends this way we can pass the building ethics systematically to we Nigerians,

Effecting building law to a population of struggling Nigerians like us with eyes for exotic finishes go hard..
But d government can introduce fear systematically sha

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
Amastermovic:

I wish there's a body always doing full investigation of all this collapse and re testing with documentary simulation 3D and showing it on Air maybe weekends this way we can pass the building ethics systematically to we Nigerians,

Effecting building law to a population of struggling Nigerians like us with eyes for exotic finishes go hard..

Your proposal is very valid.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2022
michlins:
bro forget the singular issue that is currently going on here, people are doing businesses on this thread daily. At least I am a benefactor.

Delivered this to a site an engineer is working on last Saturday

I am not sure but let me ask. From the picture of the door, it looks like a full frame door. Meaning, it is flush on both side of the wall. So if it is a 9 inch wall, it will have a trim on both sides of the door.
I am not buying now but admiring your work. Good job.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by okeysoninv: 7:33pm On Apr 11, 2022
I need price list of the following wood in Abuja
2*2
2*3
2*4
1*12.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Michlins will deliver even if you paid 100% upfront and went to sleep.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
Amastermovic:

For naija? Where people drive without seat belt? Where people put trailers with no safety measures?

This is a third world country. Life has little value here and safety is an after thought. Some of us become more safety conscious when we get money, but most of us simply do not care.

I had a neighbour who travelled to texas every year. Yet this man was putting his toddler in his front seat. I told him this is not safe.

Man just smiled and ignored me. Probably thinking not my portion.

Every day buildings collapse, trailers fall over, and we continue. A large part of the problem is corruption.

Lasbca officials for instance do not give a damn about anything other than settlement.

I have had projects where it students attached to lasbca delivered stop work order to site. When their superiors intervened they started asked for phone credit. If IT students are already on the take, that tells you all you need to know

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
AZUH:
Boss I know telling you the truth pains you more than lies . Go back to yankee Nigeria is for trenches like you can be rich today and be poor tomorrow. Nothing concern me my villiage people won’t get me mba nu .
Where have you been?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
nwaorlu:

I am not sure but let me ask. From the picture of the door, it looks like a full frame door. Meaning, it is flush on both side of the wall. So if it is a 9 inch wall, it will have a trim on both sides of the door.
even if it's 9" wall, it will work perfectly. Some foreign doors frame comes in 3" and they still hang it.

What the mason needs to do is to align the door frame with the wall and then plaster the front
Godisgreatest1:

Michlins will deliver even if you paid 100% upfront and went to sleep.

he did pay 100% and the job was finished within a week of mobilisation. I'm just waiting for the haulage truck who will deliver to come pick up. Spoke with the driver and he said he will pick up anytime within the week

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2022
nwaorlu:

just saw the door you're speaking of. The wall is 9" and so I used 9" frame too. This particular door is too heavy and only such a big frame can handle the weight.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chriswazo(m): 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
Please what is the price of 25tons of granite in your location.. I was told 390k, I refuse to believe this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chriswazo(m): 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
rmx:

Prices of granite , stone dust , sand has gone up by close to 50% , was just given some bills for payment approval . No be small thing

Maximum respect to people building and just starting new build

I have been reading this here o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ndyoo(m): 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
Been away for a while from this thread but I will drop some update. This is the update so far. Comments are welcome...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Please, not sure why it won’t happen bawo? Simple answer, in as much people keep cutting conners due to cost of materials, it’s won’t stop happening. The authorities are another disaster with no enforcement, no punishment on wrong doing. It will continue happening

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2022
This has become a worrisome trend.

Nigerian system is to blame for all these collapses.

EgunMogaji2:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2022
MMotimo:

This Van bottel na crazy guy! I gave up on him when he asked me to bring out my shoe collection to compete with the okrika ok grin grin grin Anyway, nice to see your energy directed to where it’s needed.

My beer parlour analogy from 6/7 years ago still applies. Honourable gentlemen should not allow a club member who has shown his stripes over and over again to mix freely.

It’s not that hard to make money in this industry and on this thread. You just need to gb’ori duro (set your head straight), behave yourself, execute with excellence and see referral business expand your coast. Many can testify to that.

When you treat your customers well, it’s easy for them to testify and recommend you. . . . . . easy money! Unless you are a fly by night vendor, there’s no need to get greedy. Be fair and honest in your dealings and watch the money come, along with peace of mind, the sacred alafia that money cannot buy. Make money that you can enjoy without disgrace and abuku, insults.

Just because you are a builder does not mean you should make all the money you want in life from one project. Slow and steady is not a bad term. The thing about dishonest money is “easy come, easy go.” With all the millions that have passed through his hands, what is N3xt’s net worth today? How much liquid cash can he boast of after more than 10 years as a builder? Not customers’ money o, money that 100% belongs to him.

The thing about riches is when you are jeje doing your own thing, working hard and with integrity; one day you’ll look up and realize that you have more than you could imagine. True, enduring, peace-accompanied, permanent blessings are from God not from theft.

Thanks to all that have spoken and continue to speak up against this scourge. Special mention to Dunka and Stopthecap, may God protect all that belongs to you. It’s easier to just keep quiet but you gentlemen have not. God bless una flenti flenti.

Thank you for the kind remarks.. be rest assured there will be vigilance on this thread.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) (2935) ... (3664) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.