Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2931) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4407429 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 12:03am On Apr 11, 2022
n3xt:

This is exactly what I did with my space. We converted the space into a pre-school for 0-3 years (runs between 7:30am - 5:00pm).
For the first time in many years, I was able to find a use for my gate house which now serve as drop off/pick up point for the kids.

The future plan is to convert the rest of the space into a Youth Development center

I We got better value from this.

You can’t go wrong with daycare. Especially, if the directors are passionate and caring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:38am On Apr 11, 2022
Blessedsunny2:
Happy Palm Sunday

Oga mi. Please no political advertisement here.
You are already flooding the thread with your merchandise advertisement. Thank you.

Hajji M.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:43am On Apr 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Bestest Buddy #1, I am in my underwear as I type under my carport with my Dobbies frolicking about with each other. I would totally loose that :-
Thanks Man.

Not if you rent it to a sexy lady who can steal your underwear to sniff once-in-a-while. smiley
Even with a tenant, I can walk around like Fela anytime I want... it will not bother me o.
That is, if not Option 1, then it will be Option 3 for me.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:19am On Apr 11, 2022
mufutau55:

Not if you rent it to a sexy lady who can steal your underwear to sniff once-in-a-while. smiley
Even with a tenant, I can walk around like Fela anytime I want... it will not bother me o.
That is, if not Option 1, then it will be Option 3 for me.

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:21am On Apr 11, 2022
diordaves:

I will not do Airbnb in Nigeria in my personal aboard. It's a security risk implications to me.

Letting it out is a very tempting option but there are better options. Like you've said, loss of privacy and the risk of generator noise from the tenant are major drawback.

Consider a Learning Center (not a school), Maths and English, Sciences and ICT classes. A preparatory center for Test of English as a foreign language for those looking for Visa abroad, preparatory and registration center for Jamb, WAEC, ICAN, professional certification, Microsoft suits (Excel, word etc), music and piano lessons etc. Opening hours is 9-5pm and then you have your compound to yourself. We do this a lot in the UK. You will need to employ tutors.

Or consider repacking products (manufacturing). So you buy in bulk and repack into smaller retail sizes e.g rice, beans, Amala, lafun, vegetable oil, Palm oil, powdered milk, granulated sugar etc. The smaller units are more affordable to the majority. You will need to employ hands, all you do is just managerial.

These options are better than renting or just locking it up. Here apart from the income, you create employment, empower people and better the life chances of the kids in your community.

Great new ideas. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:22am On Apr 11, 2022
topsy23:

A short-let is a property which can be let from a few weeks to a few months.
Just like an advance hotel. The apartment must be fully furnished for them to feel at home. Majority of the people using shortlet are the people coming from abroad, expatriate, people coming to a spend weeks in a particular location.

We completed a 3nos 3bedroom flats in gbagada recently and all are for shorlet. The apartments are equiped with:
Refrigerator
Washing machine
Cooker
Ac
Kitchen utensils.q

The occupant/s can cook for the short period he or she will stay.

Also, you must be ready to give 24hrs power supply.. although there is 5kva solar inverter installed in each apartments. The last time I went there the 3- apartments is fully occupied. You can have a room self contain as shortlet.

Okay thanks Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 2:01am On Apr 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Let me research shortlet. Or if you have time to educate us. Thanks.

Shortlet is reigning because it is an alternative for carrying your side chick to hotel. It was supposed to be completely risk free but then chidima and that super TV guy happened.

Also apparently during covid lagosians who must parry by fire by force were using Shortlet cribs to do house party.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babadots: 2:41am On Apr 11, 2022
twinskenny:
Solar street light available

How much are these with the poles? Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:02am On Apr 11, 2022
sonnie10:

Are these the real kids in that picture? I don’t think parents would appreciate the publicity if those are real. How much more here?
You might want to do the needful.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:47am On Apr 11, 2022
dapotemi:

When the person sin supplied an INFERIOR material, did you FLAG it to me, as my paid supervisor and if anything for the sake of your NAME!!!

I’m so sorry about this. I didn’t consider it from that angle.
My assumption was that since there was no objection to the usage of local steel over TMT, anything good-enough-to-move-on would pass.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:00am On Apr 11, 2022
@n3xt, I understand it's a public forum but could you please honourably refrain from posting until you sort out with somehow.
You generate emotions in people that take exception to what you may have done or who are passionate about justice.
In all of these, I still am not in a position to pass judgement and I am struggling not to use words that either party may read different interpretation to, but once you start posting, aggrieved people would naturally react and we would have loads of pages of the whole cycle of accusations and counter accusations that would make seiving through the thread for information needed difficult.
In other news, I really appreciate @ twinskenny, baba egunmogaji, elder jeff68, ever dependable hajji muftau, honourable Thenext for their kind words and commendations.
I've supplied @ PrimeQuay with paints and application has started. I would post updates as soon as I get them.
I wanted to quote the original mentions but I gave up after going back several pages reading through exchanges trying to locate the posts.

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:38am On Apr 11, 2022
It's a new week

Trust us with your pop related works

We are available

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 6:54am On Apr 11, 2022
Great New Week for everyone IJN.. Perfect Touch Aluminium.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bertino(m): 7:16am On Apr 11, 2022
Hotice007:
I have so much interest in real estate development but currently, i have not knowledge on it. I'm currently located in warri, Delta state. I will love to be mentored on how to go about this and i need advice on how to start my journey. will highly appreciate your response

Would be happy to walk the talk.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:26am On Apr 11, 2022
n3xt:

This is exactly what I did with my space. We converted the space into a pre-school for 0-3 years (runs between 7:30am - 5:00pm).
For the first time in many years, I was able to find a use for my gate house which now serve as drop off/pick up point for the kids.

The future plan is to convert the rest of the space into a Youth Development Center.

Mallam is there anything you have not done before? Na only you carry come? grin

Real pictures of the converted gatehouse to Daycare or I don't belive it wink grin cheesy

Today is the 11th of April 2022. When are we hearing the goodnews of the long overdue refund to somehow to enable this issue be put behind?

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:36am On Apr 11, 2022
n3xt:

My assumption was that since there was no objection to the usage of local steel over TMT, anything good-enough-to-move-on would pass.
How you ended up as a building contractor that got multi million naira contracts is really the 8th wonder of the world. undecided lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:50am On Apr 11, 2022
Jasobry:
I'm confused between using � percent south african brick tiles or partly in some portions with paint.

Different advices have clogged my thinking.

House please advice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2022
DUNKA:
Mallam is there anything you have not done before? Na only you carry come? grin

[s]Real pictures of the converted gatehouse to Daycare or I don't belive it wink grin cheesy[/s]

Today is the 11th of April 2022. When are we hearing the goodnews of the long overdue refund to somehow to enable this issue be put behind?

What if I told you I consume knowledge like no one. This doesn’t only mean learning about a thing but creating opportunities to apply it in real life and applying it.

So sharing and publishing those things I’ve learnt and applied over time is just one of the ways I preserve and enhance those acquired knowledge.

_______
As per the last paragraph, me sef don tire. We go reason the matter ASAP.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:16am On Apr 11, 2022
gbadexy:
@n3xt, I understand it's a public forum but could you please honourably refrain from posting until you sort out with somehow.

Thanks. I got the message.

Well received.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 8:24am On Apr 11, 2022
[b][/b]
n3xt:

shame on you

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:29am On Apr 11, 2022
diordaves:

I will not do Airbnb in Nigeria in my personal aboard. It's a security risk implications to me.

Letting it out is a very tempting option but there are better options. Like you've said, loss of privacy and the risk of generator noise from the tenant are major drawback.

Consider a Learning Center (not a school), Maths and English, Sciences and ICT classes. A preparatory center for Test of English as a foreign language for those looking for Visa abroad, preparatory and registration center for Jamb, WAEC, ICAN, professional certification, Microsoft suits (Excel, word etc), music and piano lessons etc. Opening hours is 9-5pm and then you have your compound to yourself. We do this a lot in the UK. You will need to employ tutors.

Or consider repacking products (manufacturing). So you buy in bulk and repack into smaller retail sizes e.g rice, beans, Amala, lafun, vegetable oil, Palm oil, powdered milk, granulated sugar etc. The smaller units are more affordable to the majority. You will need to employ hands, all you do is just managerial.

These options are better than renting or just locking it up. Here apart from the income, you create employment, empower people and better the life chances of the kids in your community.

See business ideas on the go!! E ku opolo sir!!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2022
folmus:

See business ideas on the go!! E ku opolo sir!!!

Walahi and very detailed too. He's a great motivator.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Meeenah(f): 8:39am On Apr 11, 2022
It is better you first look for a NEPA station close to the place first and discuss with them about supply . They may be able to be of help. With the current price of diesel, NEPA supply may be cheaper. U can also look into solar for light loads so as to reduce your fuel consumption.
To me it is better you sight your business where you are guanteed at least 12hrs constant supply.

Thank you topsy
I have been waiting for your reply.
It's in epe.
Those IPP
Are they in specific places or they can generate power for you wherever you want
Pls not this is not a big factory
Just a small setup
Where my plan is 200kva generator max
Getting 22hrs power supply in epe will be wonderful
The highest so far is 18hrs
In some places .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:42am On Apr 11, 2022
n3xt:

Thanks. I got the message.

Well received.
Thank you sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:46am On Apr 11, 2022
n3xt:

What if I told you I consume knowledge like no one. This doesn’t only mean learning about a thing but creating opportunities to apply it in real life and applying it.

So sharing and publishing those things I’ve l[b]earnt and applied[/b] over time is just one of the ways I preserve and enhance those acquired knowledge.

_______
As per the last paragraph, me sef don tire. We go reason the matter ASAP.
Bosun please try so that this back and forth dragging will end.

I come in peace smiley

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:57am On Apr 11, 2022
Meeenah:
It is better you first look for a NEPA station close to the place first and discuss with them about supply . They may be able to be of help. With the current price of diesel, NEPA supply may be cheaper. U can also look into solar for light loads so as to reduce your fuel consumption.
To me it is better you sight your business where you are guanteed at least 12hrs constant supply.

Thank you topsy
I have been waiting for your reply.
It's in epe.
Those IPP
Are they in specific places or they can generate power for you wherever you want
Pls not this is not a big factory
Just a small setup
Where my plan is 200kva generator max
Getting 22hrs power supply in epe will be wonderful
The highest so far is 18hrs
In some places .

Connecting some load on solar will reduce the capacity/Rating of the generator.
All Light,
-Socket that is not carrying Ang heavy equipment can be on solar.
All office workstations can be on solar

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Meeenah(f): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2022
Source of power is a very important factor one needs to consider in running any business in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 9:18am On Apr 11, 2022
n3xt:

The future plan is to convert the rest of the space into a Youth Development Center.

A sociopathic criminal likes to draw attention to himself and what he thinks he does right. This is because they want to draw in unsuspecting people into thinking thy are doing anything right.

In reality, they are setting up a bait to scam people.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 10:07am On Apr 11, 2022
gbadexy:

I've supplied @ PrimeQuay with paints and application has started. I would post updates as soon as I get them.
I wanted to quote the original mentions but I gave up after going back several pages reading through exchanges trying to locate the posts.

I also confirm this, the transaction was smooth, paint was delivered promptly.

I will feedback the house on my findings, for others to be enlightened.

Thanks @gbadexy / Regal paints.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
PrimeQuay:

I also confirm this, the transaction was smooth, paint was delivered promptly.

I will feedback the house on my findings, for others to be enlightened.

Thanks @gbadexy / Regal paints.

I trust Gbadexy to deliver!! He is the most humble, gentle, honest and genuine Nigerian artisan I have met on this tread. My opinion only!!!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by siralos135: 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2022
Jeff68:

I trust Gbadexy to deliver!! He is the most humble, gentle, honest and genuine Nigerian artisan I have met on this tread. My opinion only!!!

Spot on!

Someone that kept apologising when I had a delay in the delivery of my paints from lagos to Minna. He said " even if something happened to your paints,I'll send another one". I was wowed!!!

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:03pm On Apr 11, 2022
siralos135:

Spot on!

Someone that kept apologising when I had a delay in the delivery of my paints from lagos to Minna. He said " even if something happened to your paints,I'll send another one". I was wowed!!!

How it should be

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.