Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2975) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389884 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2972) (2973) (2974) (2975) (2976) (2977) (2978) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I love the simplicity of your house Sir. Clean lines and moderate size instead of some monstrous obscenity.

Well done.
thank you boss, I appreciate the kind words

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 9:56am On May 02, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Restricted air flow. Restricted walk especially when windows are opened.
ok, hopefully, the screeding takes care of it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 9:58am On May 02, 2022
rotecch77:

Let me quickly attend to this.

Plastering plastering plastering.

There are so many things that can lead to this cracks
- poor workmanship
-non appropriate mix ratio
- quick hydration
- sub-standard materials

Poor workmanship.
At time when non professional handle this aspect of work it can lead to this cracks. ( example when appropriate wall thickness is not adopted, when cement and sand is not well mixed.)

Mix ratio
Plastering and rendering comes in different mix ratio ( if truly you used 109 bags of cement it too much for this building means this can lead to the crack … too much of cement . Yes I was though this in sch as building technology student then and also as I put this into practice as a builder now to always check the appropriate mix ratio to avoid cracks) here you cement shouldn’t be more than 70bags to covered this building

Quick hydration
When you are in hot region or in dry season you needs to check how to do your plastering/ rendering reason why you must wet your wall before plastering unless if the wall is wet bit before … this wet serve as curing with this you will not experience cracks

Sub standard materials
Cement, sand even dirty water can cause this cracks.
Your cement must be in good state condition , make sure you used fine sand for your plastering more so don’t used dirty water.

Finally you don’t need to be panic a well mixed ratio of screeding solution coupled with good workmanship will solved the problem.

maybe poor mixture sir, they even have to spray cement powder after the plaster so it will dry faster as it takes time to dry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 10:12am On May 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I love the simplicity of your house Sir. Clean lines and moderate size instead of some monstrous obscenity.

Well done.

LOL...Baba agba...e n pamilerin sir...E jogun-omi

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 10:21am On May 02, 2022
simplicity......

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2022
Happy Eid Mubarak! to all Muslim faithfuls.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:35am On May 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

It's completely worth it though.

I'm still waiting for the rest of my wooden doors to be manufactured, 19 pieces. I wasn't aware it would take this long or I would have ordered much earlier angry
Yes baba, good solid door do take much time to fabricate sir but you will surely enjoy the outcome artistically coupled with longevity

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:17am On May 02, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 12:13pm On May 02, 2022
We producing the STRUCTURAL DRAWINGS of the residential building...

An Elder here on this forum gave me this job.. Thanks for the opportunity.. He promised to comment here if i deliver the job successfully..

Delivery duration is 36 hours....

Will post the Structural drawings here...

We move...

Thanks..
Engr. Gbenga Onas MNSE.. R.COREN
Tel.. and Watsapp.. 070..3272..8941

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:33pm On May 02, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
simplicity......

Nice one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babadee1900(m): 12:51pm On May 02, 2022
rotecch77:

Presently Am working on same type of door on this ongoing project.
The down part is Turkish made while the upper door are Nigeria solid hard wooden door Only the frame cost 25k while the complete is 300k

I will post more pics when I Finished with it.
Awesome... Do you mind sharing contact information of the seller?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:02pm On May 02, 2022
micgray100:

An Elder here on this forum gave me this job.. Thanks for the opportunity.. He promised to comment here if i deliver the job successfully..

We move...

Thanks..

This is my kind of thing. Beautiful and huge.
Na man the owner be!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:33pm On May 02, 2022
rotecch77:

Yes baba, good solid door do take much time to fabricate sir but you will surely enjoy the outcome artistically coupled with longevity

Excellent.

He delivered two already and I've just been happy with them. They have a reassuring heft that pleases me.

I'll patiently wait.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yansham: 2:00pm On May 02, 2022
Good Afternoon.

Please which of these scenarios is best for a comfortable 3-bedroom bungalow on a 300sqm of land.

Scenario 1: A 3-bedroom bungalow on a 300sqm land with a setback of 6m at the front and 3m at the sides and rear?

Scenario 2: A 3-bedroom bungalow on a 300sqm land with a setback of 9m at the front and 1.5m at the sides and rear?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 2:05pm On May 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Nice one.
oga mi sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:03pm On May 02, 2022
Yansham:
Good Afternoon.

Please which of these scenarios is best for a comfortable 3-bedroom bungalow on a 300sqm of land.

Scenario 1: A 3-bedroom bungalow on a 300sqm land with a setback of 6m at the front and 3m at the sides and rear?

Scenario 2: A 3-bedroom bungalow on a 300sqm land with a setback of 9m at the front and 1.5m at the sides and rear?

Scenario 2 for me if it meets your local zoning laws. I like to park all my vehicles in my compound.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:24pm On May 02, 2022
Yansham:
Good Afternoon.

Can you do 1.5m on one side and 4.5m on the other side to allow more space for septic tank, parking and a pool if you desire?

The second scenario takes away additional 1.5 from your already small living space and that is a no, no for me.
So, therefore a 6m at the front 3m rear is ideal.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:28pm On May 02, 2022
Yansham:
Good Afternoon.

Scenario 1 should do quite well.

You can still park at least 3 cars (vertically) in the front while making good use of the sides and back.

1.5m to me looks too limited and narrow. (Less than 6 feets)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yansham: 4:47pm On May 02, 2022
somehow:

Scenario 1 should do quite well.

You can still park at least 3 cars (vertically) in the front while making good use of the sides and back.

1.5m to me looks too limited and narrow. (Less than 6 feets)

Thank you for your contribution.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yansham: 4:48pm On May 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Scenario 2 for me if it meets your local zoning laws. I like to park all my vehicles in my compound.

This is the estate rule everyone should abide by. Thank you for your contribution.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yansham: 4:50pm On May 02, 2022
sonnie10:

Can you do 1.5m on one side and 4.5m on the other side to allow more space for septic tank, parking and a pool if you desire?

The second scenario takes away additional 1.5 from your already small living space and that is a no, no for me.
So, therefore a 6m at the front 3m rear is ideal.

The setback is strict to be abided by. It is an estate rule. So I am trying to see which will work best. Thank you for your contribution.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish12: 6:09pm On May 02, 2022
One plot of land for sale (Beachfront) beside lacampagne tropicana beach resort Lepia, ibeju/lekki lagosLGA. Title: family receipt. Price is #3.5m(slightly negotiable)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 6:20pm On May 02, 2022
Rany4all:
Yeah, I love the natural drainage that a granite driveway offers...I'm seriously considering it, or interrupted concrete slabs, for my walkways in the green areas, but my driveway would have to be something more 'intact'...if you know what I mean. Asphalt would be my preferred option, as long as the cost isn't too prohibitive.

Someone actually told me asphalt is cheaper than interlocking and concrete, but I kinda doubted him, and that's why I sought to get alternative opinions on here.
Asphalt? Like them tarred road?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsdaniel: 6:45pm On May 02, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2022
Stone wall tiles only use on wall (still your blessed sunny)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 7:04pm On May 02, 2022
Born2conquer:

Asphalt? Like them tarred road?
Yes, do you have any idea about the cost compared to interlocking and concrete?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 2roll(m): 7:39pm On May 02, 2022
Nice,. Please do you mind sharing the contact of the carpenter?

rotecch77:

Presently Am working on same type of door on this ongoing project.
The down part is Turkish made while the upper door are[b] Nigeria solid hard wooden door[/b] Only the frame cost 25k while the complete is 300k

I will post more pics when I Finished with it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:22pm On May 02, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:24pm On May 02, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 1759King: 8:42pm On May 02, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:54pm On May 02, 2022
1759King:
Do you have this in 1 leaf 4ft?
yes sir but for classic
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qwertyboss(m): 9:08pm On May 02, 2022
micgray100:

We move...

Thanks..
Tel.. and Watsapp.. 070..3272..8941
Do you carry out soil test to know the bearing capacity of the soil or you just make assumptions while designing the foundation?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2972) (2973) (2974) (2975) (2976) (2977) (2978) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BIGGIE121(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.