Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384082 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3045) (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stevo30: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2022
If you don't mind how did you finally resolve the tax issue. This is one issue everyone building in Lagos would have to face especially if you need to obtain planning approval.

somehow:
Finally got my building approval since last year.

Would have been out since September last year but the tax Lasg leveled on me eh..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OkodiDenzel: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2022
Dear Engineers

Please I need a quick estimate to reroof the temporary structure with the arrow pointing to it.

Also I need to raise the floor level by 1 or 2 coach.

Unfortunately I was not with a paper and pen to take dimensions, so I drew the layout on the ground and snapped same as a guide.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
How much per carton ?
Plz share their contact with me oh. I need just 15.

Dirkcoyt:
Got it quite fast from the other company . Saved 48k compared to ibadan price .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adebowalepeter: 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
What do you think a 450k can buy for you ??

Probably an iPhone 11 or a Bone Straight Wig or PS5 or Gucci Bag or Champagne VSOP

All are good but with 450k , you can be a plot owner at an Estate in Abuja.

Ibeju Lekki , Maitama, Asokoro , Wuse are locations that are all bush some 30 or 35 years ago.

Why not invest your 450k in real estate that will give you a better Return On Investment in some months or years to come.

Real Estate are not meant for the RICH alone but can be affordable for any one that has forecast and future foresight.

Let me be your sure plug on this and you won’t regret making such an investment.

Site inspection to the estate are on Fridays & Saturdays weekly

Documents are available for Verification for your Search.

Chat me up on WhatsApp on 0.7.0.3.2.2.4.6.6.9.4

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2022
Stevo30:

If you don't mind how did you finally resolve the tax issue. This is one issue everyone building in Lagos would have to face especially if you need to obtain planning approval.

If you're a salary earner, try getting your tax clearance certificate for submission. If not enough, they will get intouch with you.

If you're a business owner and have been paying your taxes, get your tax cert submitted to them too as stated above.

If you have never paid tax before, just wait for them to send you a letter or employ a tax expert to help you handle that aspect.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
As seen on twitter

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2022
Born2conquer:
As seen on twitter

Can you imagine
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2022
Meklex:
Is 10m enough to build a modern styled 4 bedroom bungalow. With pop,tiles and other basic fittings?

I think it should especially if you have a building experience.
My next project is a 4bd bung on a half square plot and I am looking at 9-10m.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
Born2conquer:
As seen on twitter
This one of the causes of building collapse.
No government agency is monitoring the iron producers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2022
Born2conquer:
As seen on twitter

16mm measured 11.9mm. SON is not doing anything in this country. We don't have regulatory body
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2022
topsy23:

16mm measured 11.9mm. SON is not doing anything in this country. We don't have regulatory body

I think the supplier played a fast one thinking no one will check the dimensions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
debeey87:

I think the supplier played a fast one thinking no one will check the dimensions.

You may be right.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2022
I need a competent property Lawyer or agent around ikosi ketu that can help me manage a face me and face you One storey building with over 30 tenants..
The property maintenance is getting bad..
I need someone to keep the tenants on their toes..

Call or watsapp me on..07.03..27.28..941 if you capable... I need to evict some of the tenants so others can sit up...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 7:51am On Jul 01, 2022
For your 3d Designs Whatsapp me via signature

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 7:53am On Jul 01, 2022
somehow:

If you're a salary earner, try getting your tax clearance certificate for submission. If not enough, they will get intouch with you.

If you're a business owner and have been paying your taxes, get your tax cert submitted to them too as stated above.

If you have never paid tax before, just wait for them to send you a letter or employ a tax expert to help you handle that aspect.

The first line, why would a salary earner’s tax not be enough? It’s PAYE and should be accurate based on earnings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:16am On Jul 01, 2022
flexyonline:

The first line, why would a salary earner’s tax not be enough? It’s PAYE and should be accurate based on earnings

Building tax is calculated based on the value of what you're building and also the location.

Imagine an ₦100k salary earner that has worked for about 5 years building a house in Lekki phase 1 worth ₦150m, without you thinking so deep, do you think his or her tax for that 5 years should cover for such build?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2022
KIDfurniture:
How much per carton ?
Plz share their contact with me oh. I need just 15.

https://equitonibricks.com/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2022
micgray100:
I need a competent property Lawyer or agent around ikosi ketu that can help me manage a face me and face you One storey building with over 30 tenants..
The property maintenance is getting bad..
I need someone to keep the tenants on their toes..

Call or watsapp me on..07.03..27.28..941 if you capable... I need to evict some of the tenants so others can sit up...

I have a lawyer that can do this...He's currently managing some property around alapere and ogudu that i know very well...Let me know if it's okay to refer him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NkiMac: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
It's your time to be a land owner!
Come and inspect this!!
Half plot of land at Isheri Oshun, Ijegun Road. Alimosho LGA, Lagos.
Size: 30 by 120
Soil topography: Dryland
Prize: 6.5m
Buy and build
It's genuine and the owner wants to sell it off so he can use the money for some vital needs
Very affordable,
You can DM me or call/WhatsApp on 08064395042
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Property101: 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
The Amazon Prime is a mini estate of just 6 units of terrace duplex located at Gwarinpa (35 Road off 3rd Avenue Gwarinpa.
The road opposite Luxury light and Baffi furniture. The estate is Just after Jurist Academy)

The contemporary design with the aesthetics aligned portrays that luxury feeling making it one of the affordable and best property investments in the heart of Gwarinpa.
We are selling at fully finished level; POP Ceiling, Interior Acrylic painting, wardrobes, cabinets, bath tubs, smart features, CCTV, Entrance Gate Video calling etc.

PRICE:
70 million

PAYMENT:
3 Months Payment plan.
Outright attracts 5 Million off.

FLOOR ARRANGEMENTS
Two (2) Sitting rooms (Ground floor and First Floor); Guest room, kitchen and 3 Rooms on the first floor.

Project is A month and Two weeks old. Current Stage/Level: Decking
Expected delivery month: November.

You can't afford to miss out on this opportunity of getting a very affordable house in the heart of Gwarinpa. 4 units are gone already. Available units are 2.

First come first served. People are staying around

Call 08181748581 for inspection.

OFFICE: No 2 Obuasi Close Off Ajesa Street Wuse 2, Abuja.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
topsy23:

Exactly what happened to me recently ooo. I paid one useless welder to buy me a 12mm rod for 5feet foundation pillars, believe me he actually bought a rod with 12mm inscription on it but after casting of the pillars am not pleased with the look of the iron Rod nd I went to that site with a caliper nd discovered that that iron is 10mm nd 12mm is written on it. Thanks to God I didn't give him the whole iron to buy for the whole beam and the long pillars. I later found out that is how they make their abnormal profits. Real12mm is actually available, when they get to the store they demands for that to make more money. Hence forth till eternity I will buy all my iron rod myself nd always check them with a caliper b4 payment
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
cry
OkodiDenzel:
Dear Engineers

Please I need a quick estimate to reroof the temporary structure with the arrow pointing to it.

Also I need to raise the floor level by 1 or 2 coach.

Unfortunately I was not with a paper and pen to take dimensions, so I drew the layout on the ground and snapped same as a guide.

Call or WhatsApp me a quantity surveyor on 09036346989 for my service
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
naijacreativeha:
cry
Call or WhatsApp me a quantity surveyor on 09036346989 for my service

You haven't posted on this thread for a while.

Hope all is well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
dapotemi:

I have a lawyer that can do this...He's currently managing some property around alapere and ogudu that i know very well...Let me know if it's okay to refer him.

Please ooo! I also, need a lawyer ooo in ibadan to sell a property for me. Please ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
We are available
Pop
Wall screeding
Pre cast paraphet
Art work

070 88534661

Neat and clean job await you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2022
Akerewe:

Exactly what happened to me recently ooo. I paid one useless welder to buy me a 12mm rod for 5feet foundation pillars, believe me he actually bought a rod with 12mm inscription on it but after casting of the pillars am not pleased with the look of the iron Rod nd I went to that site with a caliper nd discovered that that iron is 10mm nd 12mm is written on it. Thanks to God I didn't give him the whole iron to buy for the whole beam and the long pillars. I later found out that is how they make their abnormal profits. Real12mm is actually available, when they get to the store they demands for that to make more money. Hence forth till eternity I will buy all my iron rod myself nd always check them with a caliper b4 payment

There is no regulatory body in this country. Reason why we are having all these.

Imported cables written 25mm if you measure it with caliper together with calculation involve , what you will get is 15.6mm .. Always tell my client that cables manufactured in Nigeria is always the best
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
somehow:

Building tax is calculated based on the value of what you're building and also the location.

Imagine an ₦100k salary earner that has worked for about 5 years building a house in Lekki phase 1 worth ₦150m, without you thinking so deep, do you think his or her tax for that 5 years should cover for such build?

I still am not comfortable with this though. Taxes should not be at the whims of those guys especially in the case of PAYE. I stand to be corrected but I don’t think there’s any law backing up such. If it is self-assessed tax for say a business owner then fine but an employee in a corporate organization should not be made to pay more tax because he’s building a house.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
flexyonline:

I still am not comfortable with this though. Taxes should not be at the whims of those guys especially in the case of PAYE. I stand to be corrected but I don’t think there’s any law backing up such. If it is self-assessed tax for say a business owner then fine but an employee in a corporate organization should not be made to pay more tax because he’s building a house.

You are supposed to show evidence of tax payment on every penny you earn, or inherited. That is why you must pay tax on the difference between your reported and verifiable income and the total cost of building the house.

But I see your point. If you have a projection to build the house in stages, that is while you earn, it then seems that you would be taxed double. This is because they have already collected that tax based on previous assessment. Then your employer would still deduct the PAYE.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2022
Spanish wooden tiles affordable and adorable price here.
8,000- 8,500 per square meters
Still your blessed sunny global investment also blessed Sam building materials enterprises

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
Spanish wooden tiles

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:37am On Jul 02, 2022
flexyonline:

Don't know if it's just in Lagos, all I know is that you can't get building approval without paying tax. They issue receipts with specific codes for such taxes. (Most banks in Lagos have the tax teller).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:42am On Jul 02, 2022
sonnie10:

You are supposed to show evidence of tax payment on every penny you earn, or inherited. That is why you must pay tax on the difference between your reported and verifiable income and the total cost of building the house.

But I see your point. If you have a projection to build the house in stages, that is while you earn, it then seems that you would be taxed double. This is because they have already collected that tax based on previous assessment. Then your employer would still deduct the PAYE.

I being a business owner trading intangible products (services) for money, it becomes difficult for the Govt to task such.

So I most times use my discretion to pay, yet I was told what I paid for 3 years wasn't enough just because the project is on the island. (The tax boss in one of their mainland offices said so).

(1) (2) (3) ... (3045) (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.