Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3045) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384726 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3042) (3043) (3044) (3045) (3046) (3047) (3048) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 6:33am On Jun 26, 2022
rotecch77:

The double walling is designed for security reason and noise cancellation.
Purpose of lintel on this section is to cover any void portion like door, windows etc
So the wall there didn’t need such
I believed I have answered your question
Thanks
Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 6:41am On Jun 26, 2022
We are at your service and we work nationwide check us at our signature
Call or WhatsApp:-08069609983
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 7:08am On Jun 26, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

My brother is only God, that can help us in this Country. We need Heavenly intervention.

That's how one Vendor told me “Oga if you no buy am today, the price go increase tomorrow, Na every day price dey increase & you go buy am like that”

Stuff like this now make to push clause in agreement form with clients. "Future cost of materials will be put into consideration" and communicated appropriately.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2022
money121:

Baba edakun
Imranroofing still dey sell roofing sheet
No problem chief, although we have already roofed this.
Another one is loading we shall call you then
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:37am On Jun 26, 2022
kalu61:

Stuff like this now make to push clause in agreement form with clients. "Future cost of materials will be put into consideration" and communicated appropriately.

Exactly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2022
YOUR ENGINEER IS STILL PRODUCING STRYCTURAL DRAWINGS IN 48 HOURS and also doing his second job as a CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION (CAC) accredited agent...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
rotecch77:

No problem chief, although we have already roofed this.
Another one is loading we shall call you then
Thanks
Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:54am On Jun 26, 2022
kalu61:

Except you were not paid in full at the onset. From what we have learnt here, if you received payment in full, you must buy all the materials and store them.
Anything outside if that, the builder must be responsible.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:26am On Jun 26, 2022
sonnie10:

Except you were not paid in full at the onset. From what we have learnt here, if you received payment in full, you must buy all the materials and store them.
Anything outside if that, the builder must is responsible.
that's actually true. Once you have been paid in full, secure all materials you need to deliver.

Think of it like this, the client might have used the funds he paid to do business and beat the inflation. In a situation he gives it to you and you probably used it for your own business, tomorrow you expect him to give you another?

But it's business and business is between humans. The client in his benevolence can decide to pay extra if he wants. That's why as a vendor, you don't take all jobs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 9:41am On Jun 26, 2022
sonnie10:

You made a valid point. Full payment after contract agreement but we know 70% of the time, clients don't make full payment; reason l always draw their attention to inflation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2022
Good morning house.. Let handle ur plumber project for with affordable price ... Anywhere in Nigeria ...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:57am On Jun 26, 2022
sonnie10:

correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 11:08am On Jun 26, 2022
sonnie10:

Good idea but this is setting the cart before the horse.
They need constant electricity first. What is the point having CCTV if it’s not going to be functional. Not saying it cannot be done with alternative power sources but that is additional burden on homeowners, and might not even be sustainable.
I know a city in the US that has made it mandatory for certain business. They also require the owner to hand over the video recording Within 48-72 hours of request to authorities.

You are right.

Full details:

“The executive order shall be enforced at all religious places of worship, financial institutions (of all kinds), event centres, supermarkets, educational institutions (Schools), Hotels/Motels, Guest House, inns, Restaurants, Clinics and Health Centres, eateries (of all kinds), recreation or vehicular parks and other places regularly used by the public.

“”Owners, occupiers, managers and operators of public/private institutions within Ondo State shall mandatorily install, use and maintain CCTV devices and other secret cameras to monitor and keep surveillance on the daily activities in their premises and especially monitor the ingress and egress of people/vehicles at the said places, venues and centres.

“The installed CCTV devices apart from capturing all activities at the public/private institutions must also have data storage hardware and data stored therein should be made available to security agencies whenever it is required.

“That public/private institutions shall employ and maintain well-trained security personnel who shall man the entry and exit points to their various facilities/premises.

“This Executive Order shall be enforced by all security agencies particularly the Nigeria Police, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Ondo State Security Network Agency (Amotekun) and the Department of State Security Services (DSS).

“Violators of this Executive Order shall be prosecuted in accordance with Section 203 of the Criminal Code (Cap. 37) Laws of Ondo State of Nigeria.”

Parting Shot: "What would you do differently if you knew you were going to be robbed?" -Michael Sentonas
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

It's beautiful, but...

Most Nigerians don't Consider wooden flooring.

He/they does more than just wood flooring
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
sonnie10:

Good idea but this is setting the cart before the horse.
They need constant electricity first. What is the point having CCTV if it’s not going to be functional. Not saying it cannot be done with alternative power sources but that is additional burden on homeowners, and might not even be sustainable.
I know a city in the US that has made it mandatory for certain business. They also require the owner to hand over the video recording Within 48-72 hours of request to authorities.

You are right sir, just that we are living under failed government that can not resolve electricity for over 20years. Hearing grid collapse today, no gas or shortage of gas
tomorrow. People hardly have 6hrs supply a day this time around. In my area for the past 3days now they we have been running generator, diesel price is not smiling on anybody. Some business are suffering because they rely on electricity and no go area for diesel.

I served in Jebba hydro power generating station, there are 6 generators, 4duty and 2 on standby. Recently I heard that only 2 is working presently because of lack of maintenance.

Nothing is working in this country. APC came and started deceiving us that the megawatts has increased from 4000Megawatts to 7000Megawatt but no sign of improvement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 1:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: @ Ikorodu Lagos State
Roof Design :Longspan
Colour:Grey Biegi
Guage: 0.45mm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
Wake up, wake up ..collect your money …..

Don’t be confused…. This is not the final stage, finishing work still in progress, still in 70pec stage
Main painting not done yes, this is just priming

#teampromax

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish12: 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
A plot of Land for Sale at GRA Second Gate Abijo Lagos.
Title: C of O
Price: 28m (Asking)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

It's beautiful, but...

Most Nigerians don't Consider wooden flooring.

true but tiles with wooden finish does the job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
rotecch77:
Wake up, wake up ..collect your money …..

Don’t be confused…. This is not the final stage, finishing work still in progress, still in 70pec stage
Main painting not done yes, this is just priming

#teampromax
beautiful, I prefer this locally made doors to foreign, In term of life span
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature). It works with any deep cycle / tubular / lithium battery capacity of your choice.

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2022
Olumighty123:
Contact me for your cctv,intercom and fire alarm installation. Free survey
How much should I budget for an average 8 camera cctv?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
grin I was taking a walk yesterday . I saw this and took a picture

Somewhere in Nigeria a column is born grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2022
I saw the NnPC depot fence and that fence has been standing for years then I had a thought in my head .

I see many house make their home fences with the normal 9 inches sand blocks . Now the problem I found out was most home owners tend to just plaster the front of the house and if they’re above average they plaster the inside of the fence and probably paint it if they’re comfortable financially . Sometimes financial laziness makes them procrastinate plastering in and out of fence and paints them after all we don do fence .

Then I looked at the advantages between red brick fences as seen at the NnPC depot and the typical 9 inches sand blocks

Red brick advantages I noticed

1.expensive in buy at first but when you consider cost of plastering to laborers ,trips of sands and how many bags of cement to be used in the end it’s cheaper cause I asked around how much is a brick and it goes 550 per one .

2. You’re saving money on plastering and labor pay

3. You’re only laying the blocks no addons.

4. You won’t have faded color due to rain with algae’s on the wall compared to sand blocks .

5. You will have a unique fence

6. It last very long also .

Disadvantage

1. Monotonous color

2. At first buy not cheap for kobo builder

What do you think ?

I couldn’t take the picture of the Nnpc fence but I was able to search on the internet for pictures from their fence

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2022
Prooton:
beautiful, I prefer this locally made doors to foreign, In term of life span

Oga,you sabi wella
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
topsy23:
Buy this products and have rest of mind. 3years warranty on it

LIPER products with German standard

Check our thread for our installations

https://www.nairaland.com/6980507/distribution-boards-final-sub-circuit#112800191

ThanksLet us handle you DB termination and enjoy good cable management

Check our thread for more pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/6980507/distribution-boards-final-sub-circuit#112800191

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
Dirkcoyt:
grin I was taking a walk yesterday . I saw this and took a picture

Somewhere in Nigeria a column is born grin

Apart from the make believe column, did you also notice the disconnect between the beams and the "columns"? All the visible beams are supported by block work instead of properly constructed columns. Even for a bungalow, the all construction is looking so unsafe.

This is where we are currently in the country. The rate of inflation and the rising cost of building materials and labour cost are putting pressure on the average Nigerian who rightly wish to have a secured roof over their heads and also secure their private pension by way of home ownership. This pressure is so untoward that many are beginning to take unwise decisions and risk with their projects by cutting corners, omitting vital structural elements and outrightly not building right just to achieve the dream of owning a home.

We have all witness the collapse of buildings right left and center in the country. The narrative is fake building materials as the cause of building collapse. While there is the issue of fake materials, the fact is not fake building materials but the cost of building materials and labour charges, so people are resorting to sharp practices, foolish and dangerous experimentation, the resort to charlatans and pretenders to cut cost and outrightly not building right.

Have you also noticed that majority if not all bungalows project in Buhari Nigeria are built without German floor? I have even seen a duplex here on Nairaland without German floor. It is now "normal" to build without German floor. Am I saying houses built without German floor will lead to collapse? Of course not, but this and the picture you showed are evidence that people are dangerously cutting corners with their built and outrightly not building right.

Building are collapsing in Nigeria not so much as fake materials but "fake" building practices in collaboration between professionals in the building trade, pretenders and the ignorance of aspiring and experience homeowner.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 10:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
cjfbn:

How much should I budget for an average 8 camera cctv?

How many outdoor and indoor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 7:57am On Jun 27, 2022
Perfect Touch Aluminium. Have a great week sir/ma
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:31am On Jun 27, 2022
Spanish product still in stock your best Spanish product here,blessed sunny global investment home of building materials
Blessed Sam building materials enterprises.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:38am On Jun 27, 2022
Still in stock Spanish product

(1) (2) (3) ... (3042) (3043) (3044) (3045) (3046) (3047) (3048) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MrJaay(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.