Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4395522 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3104) (3105) (3106) (3107) (3108) (3109) (3110) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
this is my address on my waybill sir , yes near alaba

The client address sir......if he's not in Lagos, that quantity haulage to some state will be mad unless he's buying some other materials too.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:26pm On Aug 21, 2022
Cold141114:

The client address sir......if he's not in Lagos, that quantity haulage to some state will be mad unless he's buying some other materials too.....
I didn't get mean the quantity is small or big
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2022
Happy Sunday everyone

We are available for your pop job.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2022
Kambols95:
Good evening house.
Pls, I need a professional advice pertaining to a proposed building (5 storey structure) situated in the mainlands. We just mounted the ground floor columns( 37 in number). Unfortunately, the columns didn't pass the cube test results for 28 days, we got average of 16N/mm² for a grade 25 Concrete.

The Structural Engineer( Consultant) on the project insisted we should run an NDT to ascertain the integrity of the columns. The NDT test done were Ultrasonic and Schmidt hammer rebound tests.

The results for the 2 tests was satisfactory though it was done after the 28 days curing period.

To my surprise, the Consultant structural engineer gave an instruction that the columns should be demolished even when the NDT shows a satisfactory result.

As a contractor, I need advice on what else can be done to be able to further prove my points about the integrity of the Columns as demolition is not the right thing to do at the moment.

Thanks as I welcome a very professional opinion on this matter.

Hmmmm dicey matter.

First of all, your cube strength should develop to at least 20 - 25 N/mm² especially for an M25 grade.. I've had up to 18N/mm² in one week for a bungalow. And you're going to 5 storeys..

Have you tried to check why you had 16N/mm²?

If I were the consultant too, I'd recommend the same thing to be on a safe side.

For me I trust the cube test more in these situations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2022
Laudbtc:
Hello great minds of this great platform, please I need your constructive criticism on this rough sketch of a 3 bed bungalow.. the land in question is 50*100 dry land.

I like that you tried to design this yourself.. but its still a bit tacky.. There are alot fo free 3 bedroom sample drawings online you can study to get the flow, arrangement, sizing etc.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
No comment

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:14pm On Aug 21, 2022
rotecch77:
No comment
Hmmmmmm tongue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
rotecch77:
No comment

I love that entrance door... see other comments on your thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 12:32am On Aug 22, 2022
Pop job
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:49am On Aug 22, 2022
rotecch77:
No comment
No comment ke, the finishing speaks for its self. That is the comment
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 22, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:29am On Aug 22, 2022
kopell:
No comment ke, the finishing speaks for its self. That is the comment

My oga sir
Thanks so much I really appreciated

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:31am On Aug 22, 2022
mufutau55:

I love that entrance door... see other comments on your thread.

Hajji M.

Yes , the door is naija luxury door, thanks so much for the your comments on the other thread
I really appreciated sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:33am On Aug 22, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hmmmmmm tongue

The hmmm is a big comment … I can see it from afar, thanks so much ma

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:10am On Aug 22, 2022
Pop crashing? Na

I don't joke with standard thickness

@rotech thanks for hosting us here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adigun7(m): 9:05am On Aug 22, 2022
We are still your plug to quality aluminum roofing products contact Esgee-tech concepts and solutions call/WhatsApp 09035076732,08078696012 esgeetechconcepts@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 10:50am On Aug 22, 2022
bolu1986:
Pop crashing? Na

Boss boss...... Recommend me for tiling works here na boss........ I no go fall hand Aje
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2022
And if anybody fit help with anyone that's always short of workman/join man....... Hungry dey kwara wey i dey for tiler or let me say na me no get connect (introverted Tiler) ..... Help a tiler please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
[quote author=rotecch77 post=115935750]

I continue to love your work!!! very neat & beautiful!!!! if I ever become rich, you are my man!! grin grin

I do have one question, why wasn't the compound finished before painting? Just asking
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2022
[quote author=Jeff68 post=115947327][/quote]

The client want the building to be done 1st before the fence , flooring etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2022
bolu1986:
Pop crashing? Na

Weldone my guy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2022
rotecch77:

Weldone my guy

Yes sir, I'm a tiler and will be happy if you can connect me with anybody even if it's join man sir

Things get as e be
God will bless you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2022
Cold141114:

Yes sir, I'm a tiler and will be happy if you can connect me with anybody even if it's join man sir

Things get as e be
God will bless you
Drop your phone number,sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
Blessedsunny2:

Drop your phone number,sir

(modified)
And it's my whatsapp number too...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2022
bolu1986:
Pop crashing? Na

What is the standard oooo? Crashing in my opinion is the hanging on the woods or under the decking that can not handle the weight of the POP that can course the crashing. Or cutting conners with the hanging wires.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dark404(m): 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
want to discuss most emerging products in the world? Any one can explain it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dark404(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
abouzaid:
can one build a four bedroom all en suite bungalow with two and half million or less? I'm doing a cost analysis and it's looking possible from my analysis. what's your views on that? i would give my analysis later after hearing some of your views. my labourers would be sourced exclusively from the north where labour is extremely cheap and the house would not include any fancy works. details later but lets hear your views first.
Its quite simple question... And this is possible.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2022
redgem:
Good evening everyone, what causes pop to collapse? I saw this on instablog and it is scary...who should be blamed for this?
Yes o, quite scary...I just wonder if plaster/gypsum board ceilings crash as much as our on-site produced POP ceilings do, because if they don't, then some of us, especially those not too keen on elaborate designs, may actually prefer spending that little extra just for the peace of mind.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2022
kopell:
What is the standard oooo? Crashing in my opinion is the hanging on the woods or under the decking that can not handle the weight of the POP that can course the crashing. Or cutting conners with the hanging wires.

Yeah Sir, you got it. We call the Bolded “Gashing” (it's a Pop term tho cheesy)

That's basically what determines the strength (Use of fillers (Proper mix too) of the Pop.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2022
Engineers in the house, please, how many 6inches block would fence a plot of land up to 3 coache's?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2022
rotecch77:
No comment

Beautiful ✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
rotecch77:
No comment
The level of the balcony compared to inside the house, I thought it should be reverse i.e. inside higher?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3104) (3105) (3106) (3107) (3108) (3109) (3110) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.