Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4371910 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3107) (3108) (3109) (3110) (3111) (3112) (3113) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
somehow:

It's an estate land sir and I don't have issues with the new or the other party that claimed the land.

It's the company I got the land from that claimed they were sold the land by Lekki Coastal authority.

Not really about taste but the ROI.

I don't think it's ROI either. I think it's your legal team. They are probably not up to the job. Such dispute don't just crop up out of the blues. It must have been there for a while even before you made payment but your team obviously missed it. Not digging deep enough.

Or it the way you purchase land: rush and pay without properly digging. Three land cases for one individual is just too much.

I would change my legal team and reevaluate my approach to land purchase.

Follow the legal route to conclusion. It is the best option. I would get my lawyer to place an injunction on the land pending all financial settlement between myself and BOTH vendors.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a .... N20,000
12v 150a.....N15,000
12v 100a.......N10,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) ..

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2022
somehow:

Meaning apart from the court route, no other means than the above?

@topic, I had a similar situation, but this was with OPIC ESTATE, after making payments for a land in one of their Estates, they started asking for all manner of funny fees angry, I told them that l don't have additional money to pay from what l was told to pay initially, I now requested for my refund, and OPIC personel were playing games with me.

I sat down with one of my friend who is a consultant and we drafted a serious letter to the CEO of OPIC, that letter rattled OPIC management angry, long story short, The CEO instructed the Account Department to refund all my money to me, the money was refunded back to me , they didn't take nor deduct any charges from my money, l got everything back. wink

Let me quickly add, This happened around 2017/ 2018. I was not physically on ground in Nigeria, but I was corresponding with my family back in Nigeria and also reminding the CEO that despite his instructions for me to get my refund, OPIC personel have refused, l think the CEO personally took interest in my case and I got all my money back grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
ntrukpum:

Welcome back sir. Meanwhile I want to express my gratitude for your kind gestures for the past months. My family and I are grateful. May God continually bless you for humanity. Thank you sur
Uwl sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2022
somehow:

It's an estate land sir and I don't have issues with the new or the other party that claimed the land.

It's the company I got the land from that claimed they were sold the land by Lekki Coastal authority.

Not really about taste but the ROI.
Estate land or not, its situated in lagos
No lagos land comes without these hazards
Very rarely

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
dammyllare:

I do not think his taste is the problem neither is it a crime to have a high taste.
The problem is actually the greedy Nigerians who have destroyed the real estate/ construction industry.
People who want to amass great profits doing nothing or cheating others.

What I do with most of the lands I help client procure is reconfirmation from the right sources in government offices to ascertain the genuine owners of properties.

I actually pity him sincerely because it is not easy to save funds and try to do something good at a time like this

If you have high taste, you should have the backing of the best lawyers, periods
Ignorance is not an excuse when buying lands in lagos.
The hazards are of vary magnitude...
Severally there're being news of dubious estate claims littered allover the news.

If the state doesn't get rid of these hazards, then you should always buy a land with cash in one hand, lawyers or cutlass on the other according to your preference.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
To our building experts in the house, please what is the standard foundation depth, width and concrete blinding thickness for a storey building?
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2022
somehow:

Meaning apart from the court route, no other means than the above?

Yeah.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drjudy007: 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. Can I get a contruction Engineer and Architect to tell me what it will cost to get minimum of 9 nos of 3 bedroom flats with parking space for minimum of 12 cars in a plot of land? Plot size is 18.3 by 36.6. Please note, area is marshy and swarmpy and all other building there have piling foundation. Thanks guys
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
Drjudy007:
Good afternoon everyone. Can I get a contruction Engineer and Architect to tell me what it will cost to get minimum of 9 nos of 3 bedroom flats with parking space for minimum of 12 cars in a plot of land? Plot size is 18.3 by 36.6. Please note, area is marshy and swarmpy and all other building there have piling foundation. Thanks guys

Cc aventure
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
AngelicBeing:

@topic, I had a similar situation, but this was with OPIC ESTATE, after making payments for a land in one of their Estates, they started asking for all manner of funny fees angry, I told them that l don't have additional money to pay from what l was told to pay initially, I now requested for my refund, and OPIC personel were playing games with me.

I sat down with one of my friend who is a consultant and we drafted a serious letter to the CEO of OPIC, that letter rattled OPIC management angry, long story short, The CEO instructed the Account Department to refund all my money to me, the money was refunded back to me , they didn't take nor deduct any charges from my money, l got everything back. wink

Let me quickly add, This happened around 2017/ 2018. I was not physically on ground in Nigeria, but I was corresponding with my family back in Nigeria and also reminding the CEO that despite his instructions for me to get my refund, OPIC personel have refused, l think the CEO personally took interest in my case and I got all my money back grin

In my case, the CEO spoke with me on like 3 occasions

The last time we spoke, he said they are at a loss and have to part way with about 100m more to secure a new place given to them by the same "Lekki coaster agency" they claimed mixed up the whole thing in the first place..

Seems the court is the only feasible option now.

I just finished sending a warning via sms to the MD and his CTO.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
diordaves:

I don't think it's ROI either. I think it's your legal team. They are probably not up to the job. Such dispute don't just crop up out of the blues. It must have been there for a while even before you made payment but your team obviously missed it. Not digging deep enough.

Or it the way you purchase land: rush and pay without properly digging. Three land cases for one individual is just too much.

I would change my legal team and reevaluate my approach to land purchase.

Follow the legal route to conclusion. It is the best option. I would get my lawyer to place an injunction on the land pending all financial settlement between myself and BOTH vendors.

The land was confirmed to have the title they claimed it has by my team that got other lands for me without issues. What Richfield Multi-concept Ltd disclosed was that they had an issue on the land that was never disputed in court. ( their MD claimed Lekki coaster agency played them blablabla).

I have too many cases in court right now to add this one but it's looking that way now.

Thanks sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
[sup][/sup]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kilef05: 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
I have an uncompleted 2 Units of 2rooms self-contain and 3 Units of a room self Contain on a half plot of land. It has a working borehole, serene environment, steady power supply and multiple road network..

Location is at : Olorunsola, Ipaja Ayobo- Lagos.( Alimosho)
Direct owner.

Documents: Deed of assignment and receipt.

Price: 6,500,000. Negotiable
Only interested buyer(s).

WhatsApp/ Call: 070 13 259 31 1
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gigdfhjjhvc: 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2022
Abeg gud eve chairmen, plasterboard and POP which is cost friendly to use? Any disadvantages for plasterboard and can it be used for designs for ceilings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dammyllare(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2022
joycluv:
To our building experts in the house, please what is the standard foundation depth, width and concrete blinding thickness for a storey building?
Thanks

I find this very funny.
It is not as simple as you just made it sound this and more reasons are responsible for you guys being duped.

No structure or building are exactly the same.
Let's start with your soil investigation.
Where are you intending to have this structure situated? What type of structure do you intend to have, those it have any sort of cantilever or extension? Do you have an architectural drawing for it? What about the structural design?
Does these drawings conform to known standards? Will they pass for approval?
Please, always consult a professional for your structures and avoid people stating a specific width, depth or blinding thickness for you

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2022
Hatesin:

The plan below is open for constructive criticism from the house.

I would remove the wall between the living room and the dining room. Totally unnecessary. Opening up the space will greatly improve the flow, natural light and air circulation.

Opening up the space will give you the opportunity to make the staircase a feature of the living room. Settle for a well designed wrought iron staircase which will give the ground floor a really really great feel.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 11:47pm On Aug 24, 2022
Cold141114:

There are some POP guys i have seen using something like tornado nails on the decken in order to use it as hanger do something like binding wires that will be like extra holds to it and the design they say must not be too heavy

Plus any decken POP would be on standard cast and adequately mix too
All in all POP om decken are not to carry heavy designs, something like extra layers
Nigeria Market has already floated with fake or inferior Product esp Pop cements. Either working on decking or logging, my measurements is 2m stretching to 2.4sqm per bag with more than enough Filas for hanging, any Pop work that is cracking up immediately after installations are result of Materials Management and Quack Installers.You can managed or cut-shortened everything but not with inferior Materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by greggoo: 12:04am On Aug 25, 2022
Speaking of construction, who knows how much it cost Nosa Rex to build his new palatial duplex

They say it's a company called Ehikings real estate and construction company that built it for him but he is their brand ambassador though.....
I don't really know much about them so I went to their website at ehikings.com to find out more...

Funny enough, the MD/CEO is the chairman of REDAN... Please my people it out because there can be many imposters these days...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 4:20am On Aug 25, 2022
Drjudy007:
start by getting your architectural and structural drawings on ground first.a well detailed extimate can be drawn up from there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Malevonent: 6:24am On Aug 25, 2022
Sammyfabulous:
please how did you fix this? Having the same problem now all the plumbers I got couldn't get the problem I guess it's one of the pipes underground

more of luck than skill. traced all the distribution pipes from the storage tank, and fixed valves to them..then closed then 1 after the other for 2 days...and observed. one of the least suspected pipes proved to be the culprit, as the water lasted 2days with it being closed. meanwhile we had already replaced the whole ground pipping in the compund and the issue still persisted
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 6:54am On Aug 25, 2022
Hatesin:

The plan below is open for constructive criticism from the house.
Attaching your brief/requirements to this floor plan would have helped one in giving an objective critic of this work.

I have some questions for you please.
Where is the long passage leading to and why do you need 3ingress/egress for a five bedroom duplex?
The area marked red bounding the stair hall, what do you intend to do with it? The long projection of the stair hall changed the configuration of the floorplan making it look like an after thought.

The dining area is just a circulation space, I won't do it that way except it's for a free flowing design.
The store has no natural light.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2022
Foundation depth and width is determined by the structural Engineer with consideration to the type of building, number of floors, intended usage , terrain and sub soil type. So it will be wrong for any one to say there is a standard foundation depth.

These information should be in your structural drawings.

Blinding is 50mm thick.

joycluv:
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drjudy007: 7:52am On Aug 25, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
start by getting your architectural and structural drawings on ground first.a well detailed extimate can be drawn up from there.

Ok. Thank a lot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 8:10am On Aug 25, 2022
diordaves:

I would remove the wall between the living room and the dining room. Totally unnecessary. Opening up the space will greatly improve the flow, natural light and air circulation.

Opening up the space will give you the opportunity to make the staircase a feature of the living room. Settle for a well designed wrought iron staircase which will give the ground floor a really really great feel.

Thanks for your input sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:20am On Aug 25, 2022
Progress @ lekki

Pop

07088434661 what'spp

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:23am On Aug 25, 2022
Well. Done pop guy,
bolu1986:
Progress @ lekki

Pop

07088434661 what'spp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2022
diordaves:

I can replicate the second and third railing designs by 95%

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2022
Where can I get this in Ibadan ??
Plz boss recommend someone and plz the guy that installed urs . How much did he charge per sqr sir . I want to apply it to a 1 room and parlor building .thanks

rotecch77:

Fiber cement… not regular asbestos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2022
Good Day Everyone!

@ OX Furniture and Interior we give you the Best when it comes Household and Office Furnitures. And at an affordable Price.

Kitchen Cabinets.
Waldrops.
Couches / Sofas and Dining Sets
TV Consoles.
HDF Flush Doors.
Keyless with Card locks.
Etc.

Name it! And We gat you covered and can deliver or work at the Site anywhere in the Country a Trial will Surely convince you.

Call and Whatsapp: 09090040008 / 08066377733

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2022
Myzubby:
We Are seashelters limited .
We have top quality stone coated

roofing tiles(4500/sqm)

Water collectors(affordable rates )

Turkish doors .(220k/320k) 3ft and 4ft respectively.

Wallpapers.(3000).
Location. Nnewi Anambra state .
WhatsApp:09165705880.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2022
money121:

Whatsapp 08085310359

Chairman, I can see your signature almost every where I go! cheesy

You're doing well!

May Almighty God bless our hustle. ✓

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3107) (3108) (3109) (3110) (3111) (3112) (3113) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kopell and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.