Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4395068 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3108) (3109) (3110) (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Where can I get this in Ibadan ??
Plz boss recommend someone and plz the guy that installed urs . How much did he charge per sqr sir . I want to apply it to a 1 room and parlor building .thanks

Go to any pop Materials or building materials mkt you will get it there.
Also ask them of installer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Chairman, I can see your signature almost every where I go! cheesy

You're doing well!

May Almighty God bless our hustle. ✓
Amin thanks boss mi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2022
tonididdy:

I'm not a fan of POP on underdecking
There is never enough support
angry
I maybe wrong undecided

Hello Sir, your area of concern is genuine. However, I ensure to create extra support for decking areas & minimise the designs (One can do great designs, with enough support) , casted boards for decking areas are not to be heavy or too thick, all are done without compromising quality.

Below are some images that showcase our past Pop jobs on decking areas.

We handle interior Spaces....
Call or WhatsApp : 09122348437

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:22am On Aug 25, 2022
Cold141114:

There are some POP guys i have seen using something like tornado nails on the decken in order to use it as hanger do something like binding wires that will be like extra holds to it and the design they say must not be too heavy

Plus any decken POP would be on standard cast and adequately mix too

All in all POP om decken are not to carry heavy designs, something like extra layers

You're very Correct on the bolded ,Sir. ✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2022
tonididdy:

That's sounds good
But personally I prefer a pop casting ( like scettings) around the corners of the roof wall, a sharp screeded plaster and a nice paint.

Kappish!

You're talKing about Cornice design. (Nice interior finish)
You sure belong to the Minimalist group. cheesy

The likes of Baba @Egunmogaji2 @Thenext & Co.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 11:41am On Aug 25, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Hello Sir, your area of concern is genuine. However, I ensure to create extra support for decking areas & minimise the designs (One can do great designs, with enough support) , casted boards for decking areas are not to be heavy or too thick, all are done without compromising quality.

Below are some images that showcase our past Pop jobs on decking areas.

We handle interior Spaces....
Call or WhatsApp : 09122348437

Omg shocked
That's a scary sight Charlie
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:41am On Aug 25, 2022
AngelicBeing:

@topic, I had a similar situation, but this was with OPIC ESTATE, after making payments for a land in one of their Estates, they started asking for all manner of funny fees angry, I told them that l don't have additional money to pay from what l was told to pay initially, I now requested for my refund, and OPIC personel were playing games with me.

I sat down with one of my friend who is a consultant and we drafted a serious letter to the CEO of OPIC, that letter rattled OPIC management angry, long story short, The CEO instructed the Account Department to refund all my money to me, the money was refunded back to me , they didn't take nor deduct any charges from my money, l got everything back. wink

Let me quickly add, This happened around 2017/ 2018. I was not physically on ground in Nigeria, but I was corresponding with my family back in Nigeria and also reminding the CEO that despite his instructions for me to get my refund, OPIC personel have refused, l think the CEO personally took interest in my case and I got all my money back grin

The CEO definitely doesn't want any problem for his company , might be scared you could put out his company name on air. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2022
Drjudy007:
Good afternoon everyone. Can I get a contruction Engineer and Architect to tell me what it will cost to get minimum of 9 nos of 3 bedroom flats with parking space for minimum of 12 cars in a plot of land? Plot size is 18.3 by 36.6. Please note, area is marshy and swarmpy and all other building there have piling foundation. Thanks guys

Construction Cost!?!? @Qsfemi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
michlins:
I can replicate the second and third railing designs by 95%

I trust you. I had you in mind when I made the comment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2022
Men @ Work.. Another Roofing Project Going on @Ijedodo Lagos State

Are you Done with your woodwork and in Need of Quality Stone Coated Roofing Sheet? Please Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers Satisfaction is our Watch Word..

Shingle Design ( Black )

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2022
You were just lucky that your case happen when the OPIC MD was a GOOD MAN. I bought land from Opic simply because of the man. Since he left, the madness in Opic has returned again. Estate Play Ground has been sold to PADI and right in front of a Residential Estate, we now have an Industry built there. WHO DOES THAT

One lesson i have learnt in Nigeria is that we are our own enemy. Greedy Nigerians are killing their children without knowing or caring to know the consequences of their immediate act. I guess it because they believe that once they get the money, they can run abroad with their immediate family. Its sad because we are so deep in this mess and we don't even know how to stop and reset our mindset for good

AngelicBeing:

@topic, I had a similar situation, but this was with OPIC ESTATE, after making payments for a land in one of their Estates, they started asking for all manner of funny fees angry, I told them that l don't have additional money to pay from what l was told to pay initially, I now requested for my refund, and OPIC personel were playing games with me.

I sat down with one of my friend who is a consultant and we drafted a serious letter to the CEO of OPIC, that letter rattled OPIC management angry, long story short, The CEO instructed the Account Department to refund all my money to me, the money was refunded back to me , they didn't take nor deduct any charges from my money, l got everything back. wink

Let me quickly add, This happened around 2017/ 2018. I was not physically on ground in Nigeria, but I was corresponding with my family back in Nigeria and also reminding the CEO that despite his instructions for me to get my refund, OPIC personel have refused, l think the CEO personally took interest in my case and I got all my money back grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2022
somehow:
Hello my people,

Nigeria is showing me pepper of recent. I got one land in an estate still within Ibeju-Lekki and I got allocated last year December or so. A few months later, we got news that another RE company came to claim the whole estate. (This estate is covered with genuine global C of O).

Since then (March 2022), the company has been begging and asking for more time to either get the estate back or relocate us.

From March till now, nothing has changed, been intouch with all the major players in the company (MD, CTO, secretary and even their lawyer), yet begging and stories are what I keep getting.

Can anyone recommend a better approach to getting my refund or at least getting another land without going the legal route?

I have 2 cases in court already (LAG and PH), one from last year June and another from July this year and I don't like the progress at all (Too much adjournments and excuses from the sitting judges and registrars) apart from the money it keeps taking from me.

Is the court the only way here? (Actually told their lawyer I was going to serve them papers but he said it will only prolong the matter).

Make una advise me abeg, this country is giving me some serious double mind.

Anyone with similar experience and how was it resolved?

Not sure if I made a mistake believing in this country.
My Boss, I understand the court part.

I left a 75M property after several adjournment! I hope to pick up the case once I have a better and mad lawyer.

How can a family recollect a land with CofO, lol, people get away with things like this because the Nigeria system is shitty
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2022
somehow:
Hello my people,

Nigeria is showing me pepper of recent. I got one land in an estate still within Ibeju-Lekki and I got allocated last year December or so. A few months later, we got news that another RE company came to claim the whole estate. (This estate is covered with genuine global C of O).

Since then (March 2022), the company has been begging and asking for more time to either get the estate back or relocate us.

From March till now, nothing has changed, been intouch with all the major players in the company (MD, CTO, secretary and even their lawyer), yet begging and stories are what I keep getting.

Can anyone recommend a better approach to getting my refund or at least getting another land without going the legal route?

I have 2 cases in court already (LAG and PH), one from last year June and another from July this year and I don't like the progress at all (Too much adjournments and excuses from the sitting judges and registrars) apart from the money it keeps taking from me.

Is the court the only way here? (Actually told their lawyer I was going to serve them papers but he said it will only prolong the matter).

Make una advise me abeg, this country is giving me some serious double mind.

Anyone with similar experience and how was it resolved?

Not sure if I made a mistake believing in this country.

I left a 75M property after several adjournment! I hope to pick up the case once I have a better and mad lawyer.

How can a family recollect a land with CofO, lol, people get away with things like this because the Nigeria system is shitty.

My experience in the last 2 years made me hate lawyers, court and the whole Nigeria legal system!

I was expecting my case to be a run in the park since I have the CofO and everything but No!

Lawyer was provably happy with the whole case because he kept making money from ms

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2022
Born2conquer:

How can a family recollect a land with CofO, lol, people get away with things like this because the Nigeria system is shitty.

My experience in the last 2 years made me hate lawyers, court and the whole Nigeria legal system!

I was expecting my case to be a run in the park since I have the CofO and everything but No!

Lawyer was provably happy with the whole case because he kept making money from ms

It's a jungle out there.

I think my sms to the MD and his CTO + my realtor taking the case to his association shook them a bit because I got a call from the CTO yesterday that they'll reallocate me come next week.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2022
somehow:

It's a jungle out there.

I think my sms to the MD and his CTO + my realtor taking the case to his association shook them a bit because I got a call from the CTO yesterday that they'll reallocate me come next week.
Better, that showed they still have a conscience and this is why it is better properties with real estate firms.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
Born2conquer:

Better, that showed they still have a conscience and this is why it is better properties with real estate firms.

Yes, I buy strictly from RE firms... Safer there with minimal risk.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2022
Twin building ….
Carcass done
Plastering 95pec done
Others finishings is in progress

https://www.nairaland.com/6487704/construction-contemporary-eatery-fast-food

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
Good to know that you will soon be re allocated.

somehow:

It's a jungle out there.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
Good job.

rotecch77:
Twin building ….
Carcass done
Plastering 95pec done
Others finishings is in progress

https://www.nairaland.com/6487704/construction-contemporary-eatery-fast-food
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2022
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Ikorodu Lagos State
Roof Design : Milano Design
Colour: Wine with Black Patches
Roof meters: =285Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
Aforxzy:
Good job.

Thanks so much I really appreciated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2022
Good evening my oga’s on the house, kindly help me vet this quotation.

Also after roofing, in what order does building process take till completion.

Thanks in anticipation!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2022
Twostep:

Thanks in anticipation!

quote look okay...
labour is also fine.
though some of the materials prices are a little high not much...

i can supply for a bit less..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
Twostep:

Thanks in anticipation!
We are available here for aluminum window
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by liver123(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2022
If you are looking for an engineer to handle your building project, I am available for you. You can WhatsApp or call me on 08131952353
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
I am looking to have you do the cctv and the likes installation oga mi and @money121 for roofing. Paraphet casting is on going atm.

twinskenny:

quote look okay...
labour is also fine.
though some of the materials prices are a little high not much...

i can supply for a bit less..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2022
Greetings boss,

Can you beat this ? For the grey and black glass aluminum.

Let me know, thanks.

I will also appreciate vetting for this from my oga’s in the house.

RockOfAgesAlumi:

We are available here for aluminum window
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2022
My oga’s, after roofing, in what order does work commence till completion. Paraphet casting is on going and I am looking to move into the build by ending of October at most or earlier.. what’s feasible ?

Thanks In anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2022
Twostep:
My oga’s, after roofing, in what order does work commence till completion. Paraphet casting is on going and I am looking to move into the build by ending of October at most or earlier.. what’s feasible ?

Thanks In anticipation.

roofing
electrical piping and plumbing piping
plastering
windows
pop
screeding
tiles
fittings
painting

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2022
Thank you for the mention boss.

I appreciate.

hamtabfawaz:

Construction Cost!?!? @Qsfemi

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2022
How much paint do I need? Let’s VALUE PAINTS show you a few steps on how to calculate your paint coverage.
Estimate the paint needed for woodwork, feature walls and any size room.

•How much paint do I need for my project?

•How many coats of paint is needed?

If you’re asking these questions, you’re not alone here are a few steps.

Buy too little paint and you end up back and forth to purchase more.

Buy too much and you end up with cans stacked up in the shed.
(although this could be useful for touch-ups!)
If only such thing as a paint calculator existed, eh?
Well, you’re in luck, because we’re here to show you just how simple it can be to calculate the paint you need with just three easy steps, no guesstimates necessary.

•Step 1 - Measure up

First off, you need to grab a tape measure to work out the height and width of the surface you want to paint.
Then, multiply the height and width together to get your square meter measurement.
Subtract any windows and doors by using the same calculation method and deducting it from the total.

•Step 2 - Calculate your coats

This is where we answer your how many coats of paint query.
If you use Value paint high-quality satin emulsion. Simply Refresh, you’ll only need to apply one coat of paint on a well-screened wall. But if you opt for a more durable finish, multiply your number by two (the number of coats needed).

•Step 3 - Divide and conquer

Finally, divide the number by the square metre per litre listed on your paint. And there you have it, you’ve worked out the amount of paint you need.
So that’s your how much paint do I need concern covered, but what about where to start?

Mr Nas provides expert advice on the best order to paint any type of projects warehouse offices residents estate etc, click in the link below for more info https:///2348163862804

•GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY•

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2022
Twostep:
Greetings boss,

Can you beat this ? For the grey and black glass aluminum.

Let me know, thanks.

I will also appreciate vetting for this from my oga’s in the house.

Location of the site sir?, and
Which material did you want to use?

I will get back now for the quotation
Thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (3108) (3109) (3110) (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: folmus, DanIduh06, sekzy99(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.