Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391366 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3110) (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) (3115) (3116) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
twinskenny:

Electrical piping only

8 bundle of 20mm pipe @ 10500= 84000
1 bundle of 25mm pipe @ 12500
3 pack of 20mm coupler @ 1500=3000
1 pack of looping box @ 1500
2 no of 6x9 adaptable box @ 1400= 2800
2 pack of U box @ 1300=2600
6pack of 3x3 box @1000= 6000
7 pack of 3x6 box @ 1000=7000
3phase D6 DB havells @ 56k

this is a rough estimate.. you might add or remove depending on number of your sockets point, and also ac & water heater point.

Thanks a lot boss. Any idea on estimated workmanship please?

Anyone who has gone through these stages recently should give me an idea of workmanship costs please.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2022
Coiner:

Thanks a lot boss. Any idea on estimated workmanship please?

Anyone who has gone through these stages recently should give me an idea of workmanship costs please.

Between 50 to 80k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2022
Born2conquer:

Be like sey we plenty for this issue.

Guess who scammed Basketmouth?

Criminals everywhere embarassed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
somehow:

Criminals everywhere embarassed
this rolad property are they genuine?

Do you know anything about them sir..

My inlaw bought from them since last year they refused to give him allocation

Plus the place they told him is quite far from ibeju lekki
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
twinskenny:
this rolad property are they genuine?

Do you know anything about them sir..

My inlaw bought from them since last year they refused to give him allocation

Plus the place they told him is quite far from ibeju lekki

I have someone that bought land from there (Ogun state) and was allocated. This was about 2 to 3 years ago. Can't say if they're still the same company now sir.

The level at which illegality is being perpetuated now is worrisome.

If he has completed payment, he should go to their office or ask for a refund if they can't give him any genuine reason.

Alot is going on right now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ahhh 50k for what ? Use style find out where he is coming from for the job. What am I saying sef. Most of the prefer to sleep in the site until job is done. 30- 35k is ok oh for first stage. If u pay 80k for first stage get ready to pay 150k for the next oh. Nigerians never change! All projects I have handled I no Dey pay them pass 30k first stage .

twinskenny:

Between 50 to 80k

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Ahhh 50k for what ? Use style find out where he is coming from for the job. What am I saying sef. Most of the prefer to sleep in the site until job is done. 30- 35k is ok oh for first stage. If u pay 80k for first stage get ready to pay 150k for the next oh. Nigerians never change! All projects I have handled I no Dey pay them pass 30k first stage .

Oh really. That's good for you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Phrankher(f): 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2022
A Mixed used land equivalent to 76 acres needed to be shared amongst few serious investors

Situated and sharing boundary with Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic School Ijebu Igbo(Just few plots to the major road)

Title: Perimeter Survey and Deed of Agreement

Price: 500k per acre

Video available on request
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
twinskenny:

Between 50 to 80k

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
KIDfurniture:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2022
Jesus ! I’m lost here please. The figures with K is for material only or both material and workmanship ?

Coiner:

The engineer handling the building here in Benin gave the following quotes:

Pre-plaster plumbing: 180k
Complete Electrical piping: N250k
Plastering (range): 700k.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Jesus ! I’m lost here please. The figures with K is for material only or both material and workmanship ?

My brother. These are just for workmanship.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
Coiner:

Workmanship alone?
This is too much for workmanship alone. Maybe his supervisory charges made up the rest sha.
What I will pay in Abeokuta;
1st stage plumbing shouldn't be more than 50k (I'm being generous here and I'm assuming that there are 4 toilet/bath with 1 kitchen)
First stage Piping for this size should be 40k. I don't know what he's insinuating by using the word "complete"
Plastering...I won't pay more than 300k and that's if they're doing an extraordinary job.
About 3 weeks ago, I paid 500k to plaster 3 units of 2bedroom.
I paid about same amount to plaster a slightly bigger structure in June.
Note: these are for direct labour. Engaging an engineer will cost more. I would still suggest that you engage one though.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Workmanship alone?
This is too much for workmanship alone. Maybe his supervisory charges made up the rest sha.
What I will pay in Abeokuta;
1st stage plumbing shouldn't be more than 50k (I'm being generous here and I'm assuming that there are 4 toilet/bath with 1 kitchen)
First stage Piping for this size should be 40k. I don't know what he's insinuating by using the word "complete"
Plastering...I won't pay more than 300k and that's if they're doing an extraordinary job.
About 3 weeks ago, I paid 500k to plaster 3 units of 2bedroom.
I paid about same amount to plaster a slightly bigger structure in June.
Note: these are for direct labour. Engaging an engineer will cost more. I would still suggest that you engage one though.

Yes bro. It's the supervisory charges. But it's still too much, which is why I brought it here for you people to help me.

I wanted the engineer to handle the plumbing, electrical and plastering. Reason I still engaged him after the carcass was done. But now I'm beginning to think that this will come with a whole lot of extra costs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
Coiner:

My project is in Benin, I can assist you with people that worked for me...their prices are quite fair

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2022
Good evening my beautiful people... I want to appreciate you all for all your assistance, you guys are amazing. May God continue to bless us and protect us. Amen

I am done with plastering, which should be next... POP or wiring?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
Good evening good people.

We are pleased to show you a tip of what we are up to at the moment. If you don't mind. You can watch and follow our thread so we don't derail the purpose of this one.

https://www.nairaland.com/7139168/owerri-project-4-duplex-4

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
redgem:
Good evening my beautiful people... I want to appreciate you all for all your assistance, you guys are amazing. May God continue to bless us and protect us. Amen

Wiring should be the next if the site is safe or there is security. But you need to get main entrance doors and also window/burglary

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
Coiner:

Yes bro. It's the supervisory charges. But it's still too much, which is why I brought it here for you people to help me.

I wanted the engineer to handle the plumbing, electrical and plastering. Reason I still engaged him after the carcass was done. But now I'm beginning to think that this will come with a whole lot of extra costs.
The difference is too significant bro. There are good artisans that can do great jobs for you. Besides, you're building a simple structure. Bungalows are not usually complicated to build.
You can get some contacts from redgem. she's willing to assist you. Negotiate with artisans and ask him to supervise them. Pay him for each supervisory job done. Although, he may insist on using his own team.

Don't overlook extra costs in construction. They make up huge sum when put together.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
Coiner:

You can see the figure I gave you plus labour wasn't even up to engr labour charge alone!!! But it's a small unit get a good electrician to handle it for you . Work with the price I gave you as benchmark. Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
redgem:

If it's bungalow do your pop then wait till you are about to move before you do wiring... You can do wiring and fittings same time... And power your house straight up. What you can do is to buy each materials and keep.

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
topsy23:

Wiring should be the next if the site is safe or there is security. But you need to get main entrance doors and also window/burglary

Main entrance doors and windows/burglary have been fixed...no security yet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
It's very strong sir, it can't be easy to cut like ordanary burglaries, at all,
sethtsadopp:

Is this kind of burglary secure enough? Is it not better to have another vertical rod from top to down crossing those horizontal lines? Is that possible to archive? Or no Need?
Im thinking if a criminal uses a car jack, it can easily break this one if they roll the jack up. What do you think?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hatesin:
More views please!
this plan is not good oh,

The entrance lobby should be demarcated from the living room. An entrance door after the entrance lobby. The outer door if designed well may not be necessary.

The dining in a lobby with no natural lighting and ventilation is not good at all.

Your stair is better if accessed from the wide lobby where you placed your dining seats.

The visitors room if designed properly could be cross ventilated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
twinskenny:

If it's bungalow do your pop then wait till you are about to move before you do wiring... You can do wiring and fittings same time... And power your house straight up. What you can do is to buy each materials and keep.

Good luck

Okay Sir, hope during wiring, the POP won't be affected? Maybe the electrician wants to pass wires through the ceiling
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
redgem:

Main entrance doors and windows/burglary have been fixed...no security yet

There is serious theft in most of the site these days. We need to be very careful not to spend double especially on cables .. Cables are expensive now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
redgem:

Okay Sir, hope during wiring, the POP won't be affected? Maybe the electrician wants to pass wires through the ceiling
a careful electrician will do a good job
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2022
twinskenny:
a careful electrician will do a good job

Okay Sir...will do as you advised.. Thank you and God bless you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2022
topsy23:

There is serious theft in most of the site these days. We need to be very careful not to spend double especially on cables .. Cables are expensive now

Will leave electricals till moving time...just as twinskenny suggested. Sorry to ask, how do they have access to a building that has well secured doors and windows?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2022
redgem:

Will leave electricals till moving time...just as twinskenny suggested. Sorry to ask, how do they have access to a building that has well secured doors and windows?

if the place is isolated can break the wall... or break the window
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
Kingdemu:

Instagram
Pinterest

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2022
twinskenny:

if the place is isolated can break the wall... or break the window

Destroy someone's hard earned property just for selfishness....that's wickedness and such people can never have peace...

(1) (2) (3) ... (3110) (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) (3115) (3116) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gameboy55 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.