Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370233 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 3:38am On Sep 09, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
send your quotation to me sir

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 6:09am On Sep 09, 2022
Larwin:

@KolaShangOne mentioned me, would ve commented on this but i normally don't check-in here as often again.

If it's the Obada along Lagos Expressway, possibility of a successful drill using Indian machine is 30% simply because of the thick overburden layer before basement rock.

The charges they gave you is fair considering the cost of materials for a good job.
Thank you sir. He took 1.6m based on some mutual agreements, including this 30% chance that you mentioned.

Biztech05:

Borehole in Obada oko is terrible I have ongoing project inside federal housing after spending 1.650m still no water.

I will advise you to prepare written agreement with the driller then strategize your mode of payment. To avoid issues and to be on safe side. Which you safe!
Yes, different discouraging stories everywhere.

Update
I did this one yesterday evening.
None of the drillers that I contacted gave me any assurance beyond "we will do our best".
The one that took the job insisted that I provide a representative that knows about borehole drilling. Should things go the way I don't like, this person will bear him witness.
There was about 40 meters overburden. They struck water at around 110 meters and they terminated the drilling at around 120meters.
26 pcs of thick Lombardy casing pipes used. I'm awaiting the installation of the pumping machine today.

diordaves, folmus. Thank you for your response and advice.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:24am On Sep 09, 2022
MMotimo:

If an independent contractor presents themselves as an expert, they should not need supervision. If the client could do it himself/herself, they would not have hired him in the first place. How can you pay a professional and still be expected to supervise him?

If a trades person needs supervision, they shouldn’t be out there taking work that they are not competent to do. Instead, they should be working under a supervisor aka Oga.

My church mind is telling me not to announce that the latest iPhone has just arrived tongue
gospel truth
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:47am On Sep 09, 2022
Dats just it,
KolaShangOne:

It's a cooling process.. it involves windows being placed at opposite or adjacent ends. Cool air comes in to displace the hot air inside.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangle: 7:53am On Sep 09, 2022
justified007:

I have enough units on the meter but the supply is not stable because of low current. Imagine all the houses around you having electricity but you're burning fuel not because PHCN disconnect your line but because your meter is not supplying.

Bros, have you resolved your meter not supplying? If yes, how did you do it? I am currently having the same issue. It is getting to 3 weeks now. @ justified007
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:29am On Sep 09, 2022
Call for your pop ceiling installation, artwork, wall screeding. Tv stand, wall divider, parapet, we give our 100%

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 9:09am On Sep 09, 2022
MMotimo:

If an independent contractor presents themselves as an expert, they should not need supervision. If the client could do it himself/herself, they would not have hired him in the first place. How can you pay a professional and still be expected to supervise him?

If a trades person needs supervision, they shouldn’t be out there taking work that they are not competent to do. Instead, they should be working under a supervisor aka Oga.

My church mind is telling me not to announce that the latest iPhone has just arrived tongue

Baba na why engineers dey hire site supervisor be that..... If not e for just collect work no come site than when he bring workers..... Na naija be this

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Thank you sir. He took 1.6m based on some mutual agreements, including this 30% chance that you mentioned.

Update
None of the drillers that I contacted gave me any assurance beyond "we will do our best".
The one that took the job insisted that I provide a representative that knows about borehole drilling. Should things go the way I don't like, this person will bear him witness.
There was about 40 meters overburden. They struck water at around 110 meters and they terminated the drilling at around 120meters.
26 pcs of thick Lombardy casing pipes used. I'm awaiting the installation of the pumping machine today.

congratulations boss. good news

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 9:39am On Sep 09, 2022
twinskenny:

congratulations boss. good news
Thank you sir grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:54am On Sep 09, 2022
Successbay:

good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2022
cash1115:
not an aggressive one, but am just been sincere, some clients are just annoying, imagine a client telling you to come for immediate work. She agreed with the price and ask me to come to edo she is much ready getting there without asking her a dime she said am a scam. The only reason she gave is that I didn’t call her before coming in the morning after we agreed in the night. she told me if she is not ready she won’t contact me infact I remember she told me to bring tools and my workers so we start immediately. Getting there I called her and she blocked my line only God know how I survive that scene

You should have your own working rules and protocol. At least a commitment must be make before traveling to work for someone out of your environment. Clients have their own experience and same thing as vendors/artisan.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2022
Abolarin91:

You should have your own working rules and protocol. At least a commitment must be make before traveling to work for someone out of your environment. Clients have their own experience and same thing as vendors/artisan.
thanks we learn everyday

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justified007: 11:07am On Sep 09, 2022
dangle:

Bros, have you resolved your meter not supplying? If yes, how did you do it? I am currently having the same issue. It is getting to 3 weeks now. @ justified007

I am yet to solve it sir . I was advised to buy an AVR but it's not in my budget presently
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
Good day everyone, do you guys remember this building I posted sometime and asked if 10M would finish it to turn key ? (Pic 1)

Well, here’s an update on the progress, so far approx 7M has been spent on 2 couches, Paraphet casting, front pillars, roof and rain gutter, alluminum windows and burglaries, plumbing and electrical piping and purchase or wires (kept at home till finishing stages)

Plastering is on going and bricklayer charged 550k for all, fence inclusive *crying*

We are left with pop, tiling, doors, soak away and fittings.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
Twostep:
Good day everyone, do you guys remember this building I posted sometime and asked if 10M would finish it to turn key ? (Pic 1)

Well, here’s an update on the progress, so far approx 7M has been spent on 2 couches, Paraphet casting, front pillars, roof and rain gutter, alluminum windows and burglaries, plumbing and electrical piping and purchase or wires (kept at home till finishing stages)

Plastering is on going and bricklayer charged 550k for all, fence inclusive *crying*

well done

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2022
Now my question is;

The building before this project sharing a fence has thier generator house attached to the fence and somewhat disfigures the entrance, also I would like to do an electric fence all round.

How does one go about this? Is the owner of the building supposed to adjust the cover and limit it to inside his compound or there’s nothing we can do since we met them there ?

Also, please note that this generator house is at the backyard of the building. That is; mine is facing the opposite direction.

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2022
We loaded and delivered to a nairalander in ondo yesterday.
We continuously working silently with no drama.
Delivery for a mega mall in ibadan to be uploaded tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2022
happy weekend to everyone..

this is what we do..

pop & screeding
real images.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MomentMan(m): 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2022
Twostep:

How much did you spent on parapet alone? I would appreciate if you would give me a breakdown of it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2022
Carpenter workmanship : 150k ( 4 steps Paraphet)

Wood : 350k approx

Iron: 370k (I had some on ground already. Note: pillar had irons too)

Cement: 50 bags at 3,850 to site from twins Faja ( remained about 12-15 approx I think ) - 192,500

Welder workmanship: 50k

Sharp sand: 125k approx

Bricklayer charges per day 5k and 3k for laborer.

Granite: I had this on site already so I’m not sure what the cost is.

Not sure if I’m omitting anything but that’s about the rough estimate I guess

MomentMan:

How much did you spent on parapet alone? I would appreciate if you would give me a breakdown of it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangle: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
justified007:

I am yet to solve it sir . I was advised to buy an AVR but it's not in my budget presently

Many thanks for your reply. I am grateful.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2022
Twostep:
Now my question is;

The building before this project sharing a fence has thier generator house attached to the fence and somewhat disfigures the entrance, also I would like to do an electric fence all round.

How does one go about this? Is the owner of the building supposed to adjust the cover and limit it to inside his compound or there’s nothing we can do since we met them there ?

Also, please note that this generator house is at the backyard of the building. That is; mine is facing the opposite direction.

I believe plastering the fence will resolve this, hence they'd find another way for the passage of their generator fume, perhaps, I can be your plug to cctv and electric fence installations sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by checkmatez: 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2022
Twostep:
Now my question is;

I understand the way you feel perfectly, spending that much only for it to be defaced by such unwanted sight. But if you look closely you will see that nothing can really be done by might unless you call the land owner and discuss as gentlemen.
You can entice him by taking up the cost, that may be a start..

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2022
Twostep:
Now my question is;

it is a shared fence, so you can’t claim total ownership. Although some places would say you are responsible for the right hand side when facing your house. However, common sense should prevail. There is also and always, the question of who erected the fence?
Nothing that is not part of fencing materials should be on a fence. Roof is not part of fencing but the proposed electric wire is. This is your legitimate stance. Let him know this. But I suspected he would try to negotiate by shifting the cost for re-roofing to you, since it’s you proposal . He probably wouldn’t even consider his own violation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Update

Alhamdulillah!! We thank God you eventually succeeded in having it done!!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
Twostep:
Now my question is;

Who built the fence?

If he was the one, you might want to discuss with him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2022
[quote author=Twostep post=116500297]Good day everyone, do you guys remember this building I posted sometime and asked if 10M would finish it to turn key ? (Pic 1)

[/quote let handle you pop we are good in what we do, you won’t regret giving us this job check our tread
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2022
I don’t mind taking up the cost to get it fixed. Thanks for your input

checkmatez:
I understand the way you feel perfectly, spending that much only for it to be defaced by such unwanted sight. But if you look closely you will see that nothing can really be done by might unless you call the land owner and discuss as gentlemen.
You can entice him by taking up the cost, that may be a start..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
I wouldnt mind if we can remove the 2 couches he put on the fence and reduce the roof inside his compound and incure the cost. We will discuss amicably, thank you

sonnie10:
it is a shared fence, so you can’t claim total ownership. Although some places would say you are responsible for the right hand side when facing your house. However, common sense should prevail. There is also and always, the question of who erected the fence?
Nothing that is not part of fencing materials should be on a fence. Roof is not part of fencing but the proposed electric wire is. This is your legitimate stance. Let him know this. But I suspected he would try to negotiate by shifting the cost for re-roofing to you, since it’s you proposal . He probably wouldn’t even consider his own violation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2022
He built the fence. I will discuss as advised on here. Thank you

folmus:

Who built the fence?

If he was the one, you might want to discuss with him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2022
Timtol:
We have some lands for sale ... In case you're in need of land please kindly reach out to us well.
We're able for inspection of both land properties and structures....

450sqm ---- #150m 2units available.

450sqm ---- #170m

900sqm. --- #270m

Title -- deed of assignment and survey, global C of O

All plots at Osapa London.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2022
Timtol:
None of these sketches are paid for, picked randomly from our archive,past works .... Any paid work never goes out cheap. (Privacy)
Note : The two floor plan images attached are not same and the plans are not in conformity with the 3d images attached to make plagiarism more difficult to any interested in such.

You love such luxury building plans?

Kindly reach out to us;
info@dioritestructures.com.ng
www.dioritestructures.com.ng
Our portfolio is available for accessibility to anyone who have some interest.

Quality and luxury aren't cheap but can be afforded....
The Best or Nothing Else

08100452977(WhatsApp)
08127167275 Alternative line

(1) (2) (3) ... (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: folmus, Rany4all(m), amosblac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.