Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:38 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4478288 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:06am On Jun 13, 2016
erico2k2:

I wonder when we would start seeing stuff like these in our local building sites, even if its in shorter length

May be in commercial buildings... in residential; long time.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:07am On Jun 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The Chinese are doing some knock offs but they are very much inferior.
The Brits stopped production in 1968 (mine was a 67), the Aussies stopped in 1981 and the Portugese in 1984.

Please point me to the Chinese version when you have it.... will be hard to get any other version now.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 13, 2016
erico2k2:

I think you can get the Q plated ones,I'm not entirely sure.

That'll be the Chokes "Chinese Mokes". I sold my 67 for $25k on eBay and I regret it ever since.

Before and after.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:14am On Jun 13, 2016
mufutau55:

Please forward me info, if you come across it... or may EgunMan will dig something out.
Fell in love with them for my short duration in Seychelles.

Hajji M.
As requested Boss http://www.xxl-sale.co.uk/search/?q=Classic%20Mini%20Moke&campid=5337249842&gclid=CjwKEAjwkPS6BRD2ioKR7K245jASJAD1ZqHOgdB0zBRu3iz8lQGIl3vxPfsR63e05aPmZnv3IWpSlhoCv_7w_wcB
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:18am On Jun 13, 2016
mufutau55:

May be in commercial buildings... in residential; long time.

Hajji M.
Hmm true, the word on the street is that its far more expensive,this method of slabbing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:20am On Jun 13, 2016
erico2k2:

As requested Boss http://www.xxl-sale.co.uk/search/?q=Classic%20Mini%20Moke&campid=5337249842&gclid=CjwKEAjwkPS6BRD2ioKR7K245jASJAD1ZqHOgdB0zBRu3iz8lQGIl3vxPfsR63e05aPmZnv3IWpSlhoCv_7w_wcB

Thanks. I can see some good stuffs already.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:21am On Jun 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

That'll be the Chokes "Chinese Mokes". I sold my 67 for $25k on eBay and I regret it ever since.
Before and after.

Yours is/was Chinese Moke too? Any site for the Chinese Mokes?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:25am On Jun 13, 2016
twinskenny:
Just arrived now..the little princess..father is fine mother is fine too..thanks to God
Congrats sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 13, 2016
mufutau55:

Yours is/was Chinese Moke too? Any site for the Chinese Mokes?

Hajji M.

Mine was a proper UK one, complete with a stiff upper lip grin

It was right-hand drive too, caused quite the issue at drive-through windows.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 13, 2016
erico2k2:

Hmm true, the word on the street is that its far more expensive,this method of slabbing

Strictly from a Nigeria building scheme of which I am not an indepth expert.

The side support is of extreme importance, can't be of the weak shyte blocks that is common, so has to be reenforced poured concrete. Added cost.

The good thing is that once that is done, and limited to span, then the slab can be completed in a few hours and immediately ready for loading.

I've watched many episodes of Grand Designs where this type slab has been used.

Here's a variation being used in Ghana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmu2QrkVSxk

I'm not a builder and I yield to the "real" builders.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:27am On Jun 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The side support is of extreme importance, can't be of the weak shyte blocks that is common, so has to be reenforced poured concrete. Added cost.

The good thing is that once that is done, and limited to span, then the slab can be completed in a few hours and immediately ready for loading.

I think I would be more conffy using this as a german floor rather than a suspended slab.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:29am On Jun 13, 2016
-

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:35am On Jun 13, 2016
n3xt:

@ erico2k2, I take God beg you don't continue to talk about Naija like some primitive cage where people still leave under the rock.

Checkout this Ibadan company that produces precast slabs
http://www.itbng.com/affiliates/hollow-core-precast-slabs-factory/

Go to their project page to see how Four Point VI was built.
nah mate U missed the point,waht I was saying is used in our small houses like mine.not like full scale commercial buildings

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:39am On Jun 13, 2016
erico2k2:

nah mate U missed the point,waht I was saying is used in our small houses like mine.not like full scale commercial buildings

People do this as well in local buildings. If only I can do a good search, I've posted this on one of my old thread very long time ago about a Benin Republic type of block used for residential construction. The same block (6" hollow) was used for the slab. It's over 4 years now.

I'll repost here if I found it again. Still saw the building in Arepo, Ogun state last week and it has been occupied.

I remember telling the guys to make me the special mold then.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 6:57am On Jun 13, 2016
twinskenny:
Just arrived now..the little princess..father is fine mother is fine too..thanks to God

Congratulations Brother!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 7:10am On Jun 13, 2016
twinskenny:

Awww... Cute princess

Congrats sir... Na God
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 8:04am On Jun 13, 2016
Anything that can reduce the weight of a house should be a welcomed idea but it must be done by artisans who knows what they are doing. Not trial by error.
Certain things you learn in life from experience especially the use of 6" hollow block to reduce the weight of a slab. If it's not properly done, it ends in tragedy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2016
N3xt / Bosun
10k due today, outstanding balance is 160k.
I am still waiting on your idea of paying this up in 2 installments. Does not trouble me asking every week, can certainly do so 16 more times.

mavverick:
10k received on the 8th of June
Balance 160k

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:03am On Jun 13, 2016
Congratulations Twinskenny.
May she live long, good health, more wealth to her and parents and may Almighty God allow her to be more successful than her parents. Amen

twinskenny:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 13, 2016
erico2k2:

I don't understand why people do that all the time.

Nobody comes here to discuss commercial high rises.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 10:47am On Jun 13, 2016
twinskenny:
congrats baba aburo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:11am On Jun 13, 2016
Thank you everyone God bless
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2016
twinskenny:

Congrats chief. Olorun awo o. Olorun ada gbogbo wa si o
Ni Aseee edumaree.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 11:33am On Jun 13, 2016
@twinskenny... Eku owo lomi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This is a rib slab with precast rib beam. The hollow block are made to have some minimum strength.

It is very cost effective because you eliminate lots of formwork and concrete section
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
twinskenny:

Congrats Boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Barryton: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
diordaves:

The 1 meter rule is above the head course and not the roof height. The roof height (loft space) is a redundant space.
thanks alot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
Emm....em...em *coughs*

Oga's in this thread, pls i will like to solicit votes from you all for my canditate (LANICKY) for miss nl 2016 with 50,000, 30,000 and 20,000 prize attached to the contest for 1st, 2nd and 3rd position.

I know people here aren't into those kinda shiiit but I just want to take 1mins from you all to vote her when the contest commence (20th June).

Please I need your votes oga's and madam's in this section.

All work and no play......... smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
agarawu23:
Emm....em...em *coughs*

Oga's in this thread, pls i will like to solicit votes from you all for my canditate (LANICKY) for miss nl 2016 with 50,000, 30,000 and 20,000 prize attached to the contest for 1st, 2nd and 3rd position.

I know people here aren't into those kinda shiiit but I just want to take 1mins from you all to vote her when the contest commence (20th June).

Please I need your votes oga's and madam's in this section.

All work and no play......... smiley
Talking about contests, you contested for Mr Nairaland last year or so right?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
write2obi:

Talking about contests, you contested for Mr Nairaland last year or so right?
yes! I came second. My involvement in politics made me lose the first position. I tot we should just play the APC and PDP game with fun not knowing ppl are hating you for REAL with your comments. Thank God I have left the section for good. The hate is real over there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
twinskenny:

Congrats boss.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
erico2k2:

My friend, this is the part of you I DO NOT LIKE.
Y are U so quick to dismiss people if you do not know what a Q plate is why don you ask and let me or Egun explain to you so you can add to you bank of knowledge or U think Im one of dem lot that speak frm their back side?

1.) I hope this wont degenerate into another 'long story'?

2.) I am NOT dismissing "YOU" as a person. My reference was to the COMMENT you made. The two are different..

3.) Leave Egun out of this, no need to attach him to an issue you want to raise with me..... it may "wrongly", suggests "gangsterism"!

4.) below is your comment, verbatim, ...that l responded to
ok anything out of a Box that drives with 4 wheels that is now called a car is a KIT car, In the UK, your number plate must start with Q, hence I said Q plate

5.) Even if l dont know the meaning of "Q-plate" or have never been to the UK before, grin Google is always our friend, it is free and does not insult anyone for asking! grin
A 'Q' registration number is usually assigned to a vehicle by the DVLA when the vehicle's age or identity is unknown. The vehicle may be rebuilt from parts, some of which may not be new. This also applies to vehicles which are[b] imported WITHOUT supporting evidence to identify the vehicles age. [/b]

6.) My response was that not ALL CARS MUST have a Q-plate.
Emphasis on "ALL CARS" & "MUST".
My understanding is that if it is not an "undefined car", it does not have to have a Q-plate.

7.) No where in that definition did it say "ALL CARS IN THE UK have Q-plate"...... which is the impression "l" got from that sentence in your post.

Now, l understand that other people "may" use words or compose their sentences "loosely" ....and in the process, it may connote a different meaning to others reading it.
That is not enough reason to fly-off the handle and l dont come here for "likes" since its not about my person (no one even knows my person so, WTF?) .... its just limited to the comments we make, how we learn from each other and nothing more.

Easy Bro, let's move-on undecided

Thank you,

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (3688) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.