Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4407979 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godsgift7837: 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
ChiefSupplier55:
Contact me@ 07015190604 08082855462 callnme
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com

DOORS
We have China door, Turkey door, German door.

TYPE:
Stainless door
Steel door
American panels door,
Wooden door,
aluminum door,
PVC door

SIZES AND COLOR:
All the usual color and size available and assorted

More assorted for more demand

Anyone deal with this person before please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
Let’s begin…

Piping for

Electrical
Cctv
Whole house audio
Fire alarm
Video door bell

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
Godsgift7837:

Anyone deal with this person before please?
Why don't you try him out, ensure you meet in person and verify any product you want to purchase
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
twinskenny:
Let’s begin…

Piping for

Electrical
Cctv
Whole house audio
Fire alarm
Video door bell

Weldone sir, but this house is not gated oh, what of theft?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
BrickDevo:

It’s an estated house sir… well gated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
BrickDevo:

Are electrical piping materials now also at risk of theft as well. I thought it was just wires that the thieves go for. It is well with us o.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2023
Abudu2000:
but there's what we call seismic design in structures, there are codes to cater for that, if those buildings were up to codes some lives would still be saved, the disaster won't be as fatal.
Looking at those images of the collapsed buildings with so much concrete and blocks tells me that they were not ready for any eventuality.
Such area, the buildings were supposed to be the American style wooden form work and not blocks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AjiBussu(m): 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
Greetings to the chairmen and chairwomen of the house. I have been a silent follower of this great thread and I've learnt a lot.

Due to the skyrocketing prices of building materials, someone suggested Polystyrene facial/Parapet on my current build (a 3 bed bungalow)

Please I'd like to get some input from the house if it is a good option. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uwemjack(m): 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
AjiBussu:
Greetings to the chairmen and chairwomen of the house. I have been a silent follower of this great thread and I've learnt a lot.

Due to the skyrocketing prices of building materials, someone suggested Polystyrene facial/Parapet on my current build (a 3 bed bungalow)

Please I'd like to get some input from the house if it is a good option. Thanks.
It's not necessarily cheaper but faster!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
kkonsults:
Contact us for your Architectural Designs

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:01am On Feb 08, 2023
Turkey doors might become more expensive now due to recent events, that is if actually they are made in Turkey.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 4:50am On Feb 08, 2023
sonnie10:

Those woods might not be available in Nigeria

Jiust me thinking.
What if one gets these very old wooden doors, spray anti termite on them, dry and sandpaper them, use gloss primer on them, cut them to small sizes, do some joinery and put them as cabinet doors as @person2person said?
I am sure we will have some old good woods that may substitute the foreign ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:33am On Feb 08, 2023
ceelog:

Jiust me thinking.
What if one gets these very old wooden doors, spray anti termite on them, dry and sandpaper them, use gloss primer on them, cut them to small sizes, do some joinery and put them as cabinet doors as @person2person said?
I am sure we will have some old good woods that may substitute the foreign ones.

Believe me, no current carpenter in Nigeria would want to go that route. Gone are the days of real carpentry woodwork.
What we have now are those in the fast lane. Buy Hdf board cut and join them, bravo! It is nicknamed contemporary , aka “minimalist .”

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:51am On Feb 08, 2023
sonnie10:

Believe me, no current carpenter in Nigeria would want to go that route. Gone are the days of real carpentry woodwork.
What we have now are those in the fast lane. Buy Hdf board cut and join them, bravo! It is nicknamed contemporary , aka “minimalist .”

Even with HDF, there are grades of workmanship.

See the video attached:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf6mo6EQB6Y

Not everyone goes this far locally.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:06am On Feb 08, 2023
ceelog:

Jiust me thinking.

I got tokunbo pine wood for the wood market in Jabi, Abuja.

I am building a picket fence American-style in front of my house with pine wood. The woods were cut, sanded, and then painted with gloss primer. I still need to apply anti-termite treatment though. I initially wanted to paint them black so they would look distinctive, but based on research black pickets have a bad connotation, so I may stick to the traditional white.

My point is if you want those perfectly cut pieces of wood, you can find them in Nigeria.

But they might be like the majority of cars in Nigeria, being repurposed (that is you might be the second user, those woods are not new I mean)

This might be easier to source than looking for old wood.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 5:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Regarding the discussion on open kitchen layouts. I have a semi open kitchen by design. It’s been wonderful and after over a year of living with it there’s hasn’t been any regret or offensive odor. Life is short, live how you want. Any offended guest doesn’t have to come back,

what is the size of the house sir. is it a duplex?
how do u guys deal with spicy food cooking?
how important would u say electricity is to having an open kitchen?

I have alot to ask lol. don't mind me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 5:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
Sad to see all those high rises collapsing in Turkey and Syria. Hopefully our structural engineers and builders are paying attention. A lot of these are modern builds.

Regarding the discussion on open kitchen layouts. I have a semi open kitchen by design. It’s been wonderful and after over a year of living with it there’s hasn’t been any regret or offensive odor. Life is short, live how you want. Any offended guest doesn’t have to come back,
lolz 😂 strong point chief, i concor

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
Done in ibadan….

Pop & wall screeding.

Who’s hosting us next?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 6:11pm On Feb 08, 2023
bolu1986:
Done in ibadan….

Pop & wall screeding.

Who’s hosting us next?

You sabi this work o! Kudos to you bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vidor(m): 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
I want to start a building project next month but the price the engineer is quoting is giving me high blood pressure. I decided to bring it here let's have a look together and see if we are on the same page.

The proposed building is a five bedroom duplex and a void sitting room. Engineer's estimated 70M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
Vidor:
I want to start a building project next month but the price the engineer is quoting is giving me high blood pressure. I decided to bring it here let's have a look together and see if we are on the same page.

The proposed building is a five bedroom duplex and a void sitting room. Engineer's estimated 70M.

Together with electrical and mechanical and plumbing too?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Vidor:

Get a Qs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
bolu1986:

Get a Qs
Vidor very important
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
Reeefe:

what is the size of the house sir. is it a duplex?
how do u guys deal with spicy food cooking?
how important would u say electricity is to having an open kitchen?

I have alot to ask lol. don't mind me.

Questions are not a problem. I had tons of them that were answered on here. I’m on page one of this thread.

The house is a purposefully built bungalow with a large central courtyard. Ventilation and lighting is impressively good.

I documented some stuff here https://www.nairaland.com/6662165/casa-ava-finishing

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
bolu1986:
Done in ibadan….

Pop & wall screeding.

Who’s hosting us next?

Good job....Did you screed the ceiling?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
rajput4real93:

You sabi this work o! Kudos to you bro

Thank you sir we are just doing our bit..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
redgem:

Good job....Did you screed the ceiling?

No ma….
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
bolu1986:

No ma….

Okay...just painted with pop paint? Cos it looks like it's shinning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skigbu: 11:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Call for your building drawing both 3D and 2D (exterior and interior) ....call 09081037402

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 12:43am On Feb 09, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vidor(m): 12:43am On Feb 09, 2023
topsy23:

Together with electrical and mechanical and plumbing too?
Yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vidor(m): 12:46am On Feb 09, 2023
BrickDevo:

Vidor very important
Thank you, please can you recommend any?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: uchechukwuochei(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.