Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4397996 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
Iriruaga100:

Is the 250k for cost of labor or what?
Yes, just the cost of labor and I’ll be responsible for providing the required materials for work. I did ask him if it is done by square meter but he said he doesn’t charge per square meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2023
sethtsadopp:
Please can anyone recommend a furniture person preferably in Abuja that can fabricate high quality dinning table like this with marble table top. I can't afford the ones being sold in shops currently but I believe it can be made. I need someone who pays rapt attention to details and affordable.

@Touchstoneng

https://www.nairaland.com/2179929/kitchen-cabinets-wardrobes-doors-touchstone

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iriruaga100(m): 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2023
Laudbtc:

Yes, just the cost of labor and I’ll be responsible for providing the required materials for work. I did ask him if it is done by square meter but he said he doesn’t charge per square meter

Labor cost varies from place to place but this is expensive. 100 to 120k should do the job.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
rotecch77:

You are somehow right,
But there is seismic code or earthquake code adopted by some country to limit this disaster, There are about 5 ways to design building foundation with this code to safe any building or structure.

5 Keys to Designing Earthquake-Resistant Buildings
1–An Appropriate Foundation. Creating a flexible foundation for a building could help it stay standing during an earthquake. ...
2-Seismic Dampers. ...
3-A Drainage Mechanism. ...
4-Structural Reinforcement. ...
5-Material With Adequate Ductility.

Read more about this on internet

More info on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ1YhOpsTcI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
TCD:

Hello. How much are the shops charging?

Depends on outlet and location but some as high as 700k - 900k.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
Iriruaga100:

Labor cost varies from place to place but this is expensive. 100 to 120k should do the job.
Exactly my point. Seeking out for more professional help here that can get the job done
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by STINEKPROJECTS1: 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2023
sethtsadopp:
Please can anyone recommend a furniture person preferably in Abuja that can fabricate high quality dinning table like this with marble table top. I can't afford the ones being sold in shops currently but I believe it can be made. I need someone who pays rapt attention to details and affordable.
call me on 08137430149
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by STINEKPROJECTS1: 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2023
See how we transformed this living space to something modern. Call us on 08137430149

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2023
Loading of Stone coated to Ibadan Oyo State

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers satisfaction is our watch word

Kindly promote us by sharing this post. share it now

Wooden Shake ( BLACK )

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
Laudbtc:
Please guys, what’s the estimated cost of labor for parafelt work on a standard 3 bedroom bungalow ? I’m currently charged 250k for it
I mean those one usually moulded and hanged by those black pop guys

I don’t usually comment on something like this again bcs of personal reason based on my experience on comment here about cost of Labour etc.

But to help you out the price you got from your vendor looks nearly what you will spend.
Reason is this
1-Your location determine
2- based on southwest charges here, those guys do charge btw 4500-5000 per linear meter and based on my experience in building industry your building size in linear meter will be around 45meters
45*4500=202,000
Or
45*5000=225,000

So just call your vendor to discuss reasonable price with him based on this calculation.
I wish you good luck on your project

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2023
rotecch77:

I don’t usually comment on something like this again bcs of personal reason based on my experience on comment here about cost of Labour etc.

But to help you out the price you got from yours vendors looks nearly what you will spend.
Reason is this
1-Your location determine
2- based on southwest charges here, those guys do charge btw 4500-5000 per linear meter and based on my experience in building industry your building size in linear meter will be around 45meters
45*4500=202,000
Or
45*5000=225,000

So just call your vendor to discuss reasonable price with him based on this calculation.
I wish you good luck on your project
Thanks so much. I’ll have to renegotiate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
Please How much is Italian Marble per sqm currently? Type that can be used for dinning table top.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by blockgeek69(m): 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2023
visaclick:
it has to be properly designed by a structural engineer. the loading coming on it determines the steel strength to go for so the height does not determines the stanchion. there are other factors to be taken care of.

The estimated load is 4000 litres
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otedola1(m): 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChiefSupplier55:
Contact me@ 07015190604 08082855462 callnme
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com

DOORS
We have China door, Turkey door, German door.

do you have hotel keyless door? pls send my sample am price here

TYPE:
Stainless door
Steel door
American panels door,
Wooden door,
aluminum door,
PVC door

SIZES AND COLOR:
All the usual color and size available and assorted

More assorted for more demand
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
decatalyst:

Where are you based?

How much per sqm?

I'm based in Lagos

I don't do panels per square meter sir,I charge based on the design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
Iriruaga100:

Let's not 4get that he will bring in 3 or 4 labourers to work with him

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iriruaga100(m): 10:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
BrickDevo:

Let's not 4get that he will bring in 3 or 4 labourers to work with him

The labor for precast parapet is cheaper than that of full cast parapet. I think the price is fair enough
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:20pm On Feb 09, 2023
Iriruaga100:

The labor for precast parapet is cheaper than that of full cast parapet. I think the price is fair enough
the carpentery support work, the filling and patching the edges and joinery, i feel 250k is not much though

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iriruaga100(m): 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
BrickDevo:
the carpentery support work, the filling and patching the edges and joinery, i feel 250k is not much though

I didn’t factor in the carpentry part of the job. I can’t tell what is fair now.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:56am On Feb 10, 2023
Gud morning here,

* Tower materials
* Grey color
* Without burglaries
* With sub frames,
Site located surulere aguda,
Bolaji banwo street,
Thanks
Free free to send ur list of ur windows to us for best quotations thanks,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by izzieman: 6:33am On Feb 10, 2023
Kambols95:

I can be of help sir.

Could you please provide your contact details?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by izzieman: 6:36am On Feb 10, 2023
topsy23:

Send us the drawings also to get MEP boq

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:12am On Feb 10, 2023
Adedward:
Gud morning here,

* Tower materials
* Grey color
* Without burglaries
* With sub frames,
Site located surulere aguda,
Bolaji banwo street,
Thanks
Free free to send ur list of ur windows to us for best quotations thanks,
Makes me remember Amaka kitchen near that street those days at Aguda. The guy can cook.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:55am On Feb 10, 2023
izzieman:

WhatsApp or call 08033643191

Email ; atope23@live.co.uk
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:51am On Feb 10, 2023
sonnie10:

Makes me remember Amaka kitchen near that street those days at Aguda. The guy can cook.
ist dat street? I don't think is still there now,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Weirdcamila: 11:33am On Feb 10, 2023
Laudbtc:

Exactly my point. Seeking out for more professional help here that can get the job done

Where’s your location ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 11:39am On Feb 10, 2023
Weirdcamila:

Where’s your location ?
Delta state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Weirdcamila: 1:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
Laudbtc:

Delta state

Can you leave your contact ? I will have someone contact you and you can negotiate with him better .
If you don’t mind
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
Weirdcamila:

Can you leave your contact ? I will have someone contact you and you can negotiate with him better .
If you don’t mind
Is the person within delta state and also some recent work he has done which I can view?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Weirdcamila: 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2023
Laudbtc:

Is the person within delta state and also some recent work he has done which I can view?

The person is mobile , can travel to even Kano.
Pictures of his work will be sent to you and you can negotiate with him.
He’s a good person , just not on nairaland that’s why I am standing in for him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
He's one of the best at it. based in Abuja but he's done loads of work for me in Lagos recently.
Top pro and great all round guy too.

Great referral.

mufutau55:

@Touchstoneng

https://www.nairaland.com/2179929/kitchen-cabinets-wardrobes-doors-touchstone

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 7:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
[quote author=Vidor post=120764759][/quote

(1) (2) (3) ... (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.