Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4374302 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3407) (3408) (3409) (3410) (3411) (3412) (3413) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2023
Just completed the earthing system for this our on-going project

Call us today for your project.

To enjoy more of our videos you can add our WhatsApp number and message us

Call / Whatsapp number 08033644191

If you are outside Nigeria Add +234 before the number

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
Well done Chief

topsy23:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2023
QSFemi:
Well done Chief

Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2023
Question of the ForEx changes.

Are yah all keeping your dollar or changing to Naira?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 8:38pm On Jun 17, 2023
topsy23:

Ehm boss, I don't think you should have BARE copper conductor on aluminum roof or capping.

It defeats the entire purpose of the arrester which is to catch and guide the lightning to earth. (control the path of the current) With this arrangement, the entire roof will conduct the current. What you want is an insulated tape. You also want to elevate the arrester small.

What we usually do is fix it to over head tank which is the tallest structure. Add pole of 1m.ensure it is insulated from the pole, then use insulated copper tape or maybe 25mm insulated cable as down conductor

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Ehm boss, I don't think you should have BARE copper conductor on aluminum roof or capping.

It defeats the entire purpose of the arrester which is to catch and guide the lightning to earth. (control the path of the current) With this arrangement, the entire roof will conduct the current. What you want is an insulated tape. You also want to elevate the arrester small.

What we usually do is fix it to over head tank which is the tallest structure. Add pole of 1m.ensure it is insulated from the pole, then use insulated copper tape or maybe 25mm insulated cable as down conductor

Thanks for your observation. If you look at the at the picture very well and where we nail the arrestor. the Aluminium has no connection with the roof at all. Check the picture again.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
topsy23:

Thanks for your observation. If you look at the at the picture very well and where we nail the arrestor. the Aluminium has no connection with the roof at all. Check the picture again.

Thanks
I think I agree with the other poster, you have not directed the path of the positively charged particles of the spark, its now spread along tyhe top part of the edge of the entire building. Take not that edge has metal inside and concrete is not in 100% an insulator.
PS. You are better off insulating the base of the arrestor with tape or use patch from a cut tyre

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aristokrat: 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
ClearVU wire mesh fencing is a versatile and effective solution for securing your property. With its small apertures and anti-climb design, ClearVU wire mesh fencing provides a high level of security while still allowing for visibility and airflow. Its durability and strength make it ideal for a variety of applications, including perimeter security for commercial and industrial facilities, parks and recreation areas, and residential properties.

ClearVU wire mesh fencing is also customizable, with options for different heights, colors, and coatings to suit your specific needs. Plus, its low maintenance requirements and long lifespan make it a cost-effective choice in the long run.

If you're looking for a reliable and effective fencing solution, ClearVU wire mesh fencing is definitely worth considering. Contact me on 08062862556 today to learn more about how ClearVU can enhance your property's security and aesthetics.
#nigeria #fencing #fence #security #wiremeshfence
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.

Interesting question , can’t be a one size fit all answer , depends on individual and so many others factors

For me changed some recently , about a quarter of my holdings to conclude some real estate transactions and position in local stocks just before the advent of the new administration

Note ,most of my accretion were done at 200 to 360 , the last was done just before Covid , it’s one of my asset class , so not selling all anytime soon regardless

But my prognosis is a slight increase in the short term maybe to 800max and a gradual decline to 650 to 700 if the current reforms are well managed , transparent and foreign investors respond , a lot of ifs grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 12:31am On Jun 18, 2023
Installation of the work done✓
°FRAMELESS WINDOW WITH BURGLARY AND NET•
•Grey material with grey glass
@ ABIJO•LEKKI/EPE
LAGOS STATE

We are at your door post
For varieties of aluminum
Call or WhatsApp:-08069609983
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:56am On Jun 18, 2023
rmx:

Interesting question , can’t be a one size fit all answer , depends on individual and so many others factors

For me changed some recently , about a quarter of my holdings to conclude some real estate transactions and position in local stocks just before the advent of the new administration

Note ,most of my accretion were done at 200 to 360 , the last was done just before Covid , it’s one of my asset class , so not selling all anytime soon regardless

But my prognosis is a slight increase in the short term maybe to 800max and a gradual decline to 650 to 700 if the current reforms are well managed , transparent and foreign investors respond , a lot of ifs grin grin

I appreciate your response.

I’m trying to educate myself on all of this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:57am On Jun 18, 2023
I’ve scheduled my welder to come for an inspection of my tank stand.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:10am On Jun 18, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
I’ve scheduled my welder to come for an inspection of my tank stand.

Everyone that has a tank stand and everyone who lives close to one needs to be aware that this is a potential consequence of owing one or being close to one and should take action to be sure they are not living close to a ticking time bomb

I recall posting how it destroyed a school next door and killed some unfortunate kids in the south east of Nigeria

Everyone building one or hiring one should also be aware of the legal consequences if something you put up results in someone's death

it is not about how cheap you can build it, it is about how well you can build it

So don't hire just about anyone to do it

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:12am On Jun 18, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.

Keeping for now.

I agree with everything r.m.x said

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:22am On Jun 18, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Everyone that has a tank stand and everyone who lives close to one needs to be aware that this is a potential consequence of owing one or being close to one and should take action to be sure they are not living close to a ticking time bomb

I recall posting how it destroyed a school next door and killed some unfortunate kids in the south east of Nigeria

Everyone building one or hiring one should also be aware of the legal consequences if something you put up results in someone's death

it is not about how cheap you can build it, it is about how well you can build it

So don't hire just about anyone to do it

Well written. If I ever do another build it’ll have a subterranean tank with a pressurized system.

This unfortunate incident is part of a 1,000 ways to die in Nigeria.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adeapex(m): 9:54am On Jun 18, 2023
Pls how good is this Skyrun 118 Litres regrigerator ?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:59am On Jun 18, 2023
Starlink internet installed ( speed pretty much okay.. getting 90mb ps)

Inverter upgrade from 5kva to 10kva

Cctv remote view setup (power by starlink)

08035153923/ 08051355133

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:09am On Jun 18, 2023
Tank stands keep falling..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:36am On Jun 18, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
I think the govt and the discos need to beam their lights on the activities of these CDAs.
I was told we’ll pay 250k(recently increased from 150k) to connect to the national grid.
Now, Mr Chairman has decided to flex his muscles by telling us that we will have to pay 750k because we have 3 buildings on the property. And these folks do anything they want as far as connecting to their community grid is concerned. They disconnect people when they so wish.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by swiz123(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
Good afternoon everyone.

Please, can an Engineer renovate a house with an architectural design?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
MrOkenwa:
I think the govt and the discos need to beam their lights on the activities of these CDAs.
I was told we’ll pay 250k(recently increased from 150k) to connect to the national grid.
Now, Mr Chairman has decided to flex his muscles by telling us that we will have to pay 750k because we have 3 buildings on the property. And these folks do anything they want as far as connecting to their community grid is concerned. They disconnect people when they so wish.
if there wasn’t any grid in place what will you be connecting to in the first place? Everything doesn’t have to be tribalism or sentiments but if you think it’s too expensive then make your own connection directly from kanji dam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
angry
Abudu2000:
if there wasn’t any grid in place what will you be connecting to in the first place? Everything doesn’t have to be tribalism or sentiments but if you think it’s too expensive then make your own connection directly from kanji dam.
Ki la gbe, ki le ju

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2023
Happy Fathers' Day to all the Fathers and Potential Fathers here 🎊🎊🎊

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by edward2018(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
swiz123:
Good afternoon everyone.

Please, can an Engineer renovate a house with an architectural design?

Yes it's possible. Some renovations work requires architectural drawing to have a well functional additional spaces.

Tunward project consult is always at your service sir. You can contact us through WhatsApp +2347031571105
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seunpinky(m): 4:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
Born2conquer:
We bought a land in 2020 with the necessary documents, only for some people to come last month to say the land belong to their father because he bought it in 1976.

How can the same land have different land surveys?

I just weak since.
@omonilelawyer

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2023
MrOkenwa:
angry
Ki la gbe, ki le ju
Be like say he didn't think before He typed. Maybe he's emotionally stressed up. I feel ashamed on His behalf cry

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tohmey(m): 5:25pm On Jun 18, 2023
Gurus in the house "what is the estimate cost of building 1decking 2unit of 1bedroom flat" low budget?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
twinskenny:
Starlink internet installed ( speed pretty much okay.. getting 90mb ps)

Inverter upgrade from 5kva to 10kva

Cctv remote view setup (power by starlink)

08035153923/ 08051355133
Well done Sir, you're doing great. Please how much would it cost to set up a 10kva solar inverter system with lithium ion battery?

Secondly, did you get the starlink hardware yourself or you just did installation only? If you got the hardware yourself, how much did it cost in total (hardware + installation) to set it up? Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AKAFINA: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
I need to know how much will it cost to do curve or plain parapet for a standard two bedroom and one room self standard. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3407) (3408) (3409) (3410) (3411) (3412) (3413) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: baaliyah(m), Aforxzy(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.