Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390764 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:19am On Sep 04, 2023
FreeConCiencE:

How much is a bag of pop now, please?
7800 to 8500
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 10:01am On Sep 04, 2023
Lets give you the best granite supply deal: 24/7 active

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2023

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oastechltd: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
Now Available

AUTOCAD 2024 and AUTOCAD LT 2024

0808 119 1233

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2023
CDG1:
Lets give you the best granite supply deal: 24/7 active

How much for 30 tons of granite
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
Please what is the cost of stone dust and granite (1/2" and 3/4"wink in Abuja per ton?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
What size?
Where is the site located?
Kindly call or what'sApp us 07026691840
christ007:

How much for 30 tons of granite
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
CDG1:
What size?
Where is the site located?
Kindly call or what'sApp us 07026691840

Oga just put the price out here...no need for dm up and down

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otedola1(m): 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2023
About Finish new House 4 Sale.......

New house , Complete 60 by 100 2bedroom and a room and parlour self contain with 12 cars parking space available and fence

PRICE : #12m
Call/WhatsApp: 08073935324

Feel free contact for more details

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 3:34am On Sep 05, 2023
🔥🥁🏡 *CLIENT INCENTIVE FOR SEPTEMBER REAL ESTATE CASHBACK OFFER* 👏😍💃

Dear Clients/Realtors,

September is here and it’s ushering in so many beautiful experiences particularly for subscribers of the Real Estate Cash Back.

As a real estate cashback subscriber, you get to enjoy not just 32% dividend after 12months but also get amazing incentives when you subscribe 🥂🥁🚀

Kindly find the list below;

✅ *1-4.9 million naira - Microwave *
✅ *5-10million naira - Refrigerator*
✅ *11-20 million naira - 42 inches TV*
✅ *21-30 million naira - Washing Machine*
✅ *31-50 million naira - Chest Freezer*
✅ *51-80million naira - Inverter Split AC*
✅ *101-150 million naira - iphone 14*
✅ *151-200 million naira - Trip to Zanzibar*
✅ *201-300 million naira - Toyota Camry*
✅ *301-400 million naira - Benz C 300*
✅ *400-500 million naira - Toyota Venza*

*This incentive is valid from 1st September 2023 to 30th September 2023*

*T & C applies*

For more enquiries pls call/WhatsApp Mr Emmanuel on +2348038781738

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:52am On Sep 05, 2023
Enhance your home with stylish window blinds from interior and exterior designs.
Thousands of samples of window blinds and we have the style you will love.

*Durable
*Exepctional Quality
*Easy to clean
*Cost effective
*Reveal whole layout and decoration style.
*Fast delivery and installation

Contact us to explore the wide variety of fabrics, textures, styles and colors for your home.

Contact 08119470142

Follow Atlantic interior and exterior designs on
Instagram & fb @DesignsByAtlantic

Twitter @dsignbyatlantic

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bestalu(m): 6:59am On Sep 05, 2023
Good morning house,this is a casement with thick materials 3by5 done at mowe ibafo ogun state.bestalu we give u nothing but d best.u can contact on WhatsApp or all my call 08140632167.thank u God bless u all

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 7:57am On Sep 05, 2023
...from a distance

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 8:15am On Sep 05, 2023
Good morning Professionals.
Let's handle your Waterproofing projects...
Krafom_Engineering

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lovetext: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2023
otedola1:

New house , Complete 60 by 100 2bedroom and a room and parlour self contain with 12 cars parking space available and fence

where in ikorodu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:48am On Sep 05, 2023
Good morning People.

Attached are pictures of POP Ceiling that fell down recently.

It's a common phenomenon to have POP Ceilings falling down from their place after some reasonable length of time. This can cause serious injury to users of such space.

I think it's time structural engineers supervise the construction of POP Ceilings. Most POP Ceilings are done by tradesmen who don't understand the stability of structures .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2023
QSFemi:
Good morning People.

It's a common phenomenon to have POP Ceilings falling down from their place after some reasonable length of time. This can cause serious injury to users of such space.

I think it's time structural engineers supervise the construction of POP Ceilings. Most POP Ceilings are done by tradesmen who don't understand the stability of structures .

Thank you QS femi

Looking at this picture shows that enough filas was not used and look at the tiny thickness of the pop casting itself…

The fault of the installer sometimes but client need to take more responsibility as well… was given a client materials needed to finish a particular space she shouted and said someone has given her something less…

Type of cement also matters.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gmichael: 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
Hello everyone, how are you doing today?

Could the OP or anyone please tell me if this rate is still tenable today?

I am currently challenging a project with a bricklayer about the rate that he gave us and already paid twice:

6.5k/70 blocks for 9" = #92.85 per block

6.5k/80 blocks for 6" = #81.25 per block

This building is not just starting from the foundation but combining both the lower setting (2nd coach) and mid setting (4th coach) meant to be built up to the lintel level.

I just want to be certain so that I can justify my actions that the fee is too high per block.

Because from the below (OP) rate we have:

60k/1000blocks lower setting = #60 per block
70k/1000blocks mid setting = #70 per block
90k/1000block floor setting = #90 per block

Vocals:

Yes it's is fair enough,

60k /1000blocks lower setting(ground to 6th coach)
70k /1000blocks mid setting(7th to 10th coach)
90k /1000block floor setting(decking upwards)
That's the rate I was given though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2023
Good afternoon everyone.... I saw a video of floor tiles being used on external floor, it looks beautiful but won't it break when cars drive through it? What are your thoughts about it?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by capetownboyz(m): 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
Don't you think increase the thickness of the POP casting will be extension increasing the weight of the POP which could also contribute to failure if the support system isn't robust enough?

bolu1986:

Thank you QS femi

Looking at this picture shows that enough filas was not used and look at the tiny thickness of the pop casting itself…

The fault of the installer sometimes but client need to take more responsibility as well… was given a client materials needed to finish a particular space she shouted and said someone has given her something less…

Type of cement also matters.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
otedola1:

Title?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vocals: 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
gmichael:
Hello everyone, how are you doing today?

Could the OP or anyone please tell me if this rate is still tenable today?

I am currently challenging a project with a bricklayer about the rate that he gave us and already paid twice:

6.5k/70 blocks for 9" = #92.85 per block

6.5k/80 blocks for 6" = #81.25 per block

This building is not just starting from the foundation but combining both the lower setting (2nd coach) and mid setting (4th coach) meant to be built up to the lintel level.

I just want to be certain so that I can justify my actions that the fee is too high per block.

Because from the below (OP) rate we have:

60k/1000blocks lower setting = #60 per block
70k/1000blocks mid setting = #70 per block
90k/1000block floor setting = #90 per block

Depends on your location, the coming project am about to embark on in coming months(dry season) has been successful negotiated to same rate; it would be handled by Benin Repbulic and Togolese guys.
Mind You;
PMS is sold 580 at nnpc
AGO is sold 850

While in this locality; very very local that's the closest fueling station is 45mins drive away.
PMS is sold at 620
AGO is sold at 900
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
redgem:
Good afternoon everyone.... I saw a video of floor tiles being used on external floor, it looks beautiful but won't it break when cars drive through it? What are your thoughts about it?

LoL...
I always have this thought whenever I see such too. But I feel they are not the regular tiles, soapstone for example. And if regular tiles are used it's probably areas with less traffic.
It's best to just do Stamped Floor or Interlocks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amosaloud(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
redgem:

I have experienced it in a couple of hotels in Lagos. And my engineer also showed me a sample of work he had done recently. It looks beautiful in pictures but can be quite slippery especially when it is wet. I understand there are special ones that are not as slippery though but the ones i experienced were very slippery. They are also high maintenance as need to be cleaned daily. Dirt shows up quite significantly on tiles. I was also wary of how hot tiles would get from the sun and if this was safe. Anyway, I decided against it without further enquiries. I have gone for stamped concrete instead. It would be interesting to read the opinions of others on this platform.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
My worry has always been about those hangers holding the pop cast especially those ones under the slab.
Are they strong and well bonded enough to support the various designs & load from the suspended POP ?
I think more need to be done to prevent such incident.

QSFemi:
Good morning People.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
redgem:

Yes, I have seen it with cars parked on them but I want to believe they are not the ordinary ones. Ask the tiles guy. He might have an idea.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
redgem:
It’s non slip tiles for outdoor areas… stronger than indoor tiles

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
WECO 5k3 XP PREMIUM LITHIUM BATTERY AVAILABLE!!!

Warranty: 10 yrs

Price: $2640

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/3317574/12-mtr-deep-6mtrs-deep

Do follow us from page 41 for new project
600 diameter of 50 nos of 6mtrs deep pilling foundation

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2023
segcymoor:
https://www.nairaland.com/3317574/12-mtr-deep-6mtrs-deep

Do follow us from page 41 for new project
600 diameter of 50 nos of 6mtrs deep pilling foundation

Welldone sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gmichael: 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Thank you! Your kind response is really appreciated.

Vocals:

Depends on your location, the coming project am about to embark on in coming months(dry season) has been successful negotiated to same rate; it would be handled by Benin Repbulic and Togolese guys.
Mind You;
PMS is sold 580 at nnpc
AGO is sold 850

While in this locality; very very local that's the closest fueling station is 45mins drive away.
PMS is sold at 620
AGO is sold at 900

(1) (2) (3) ... (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 36pripa(m), EazyEmjay95(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.