Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4445169 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3570) (3571) (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) (3576) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:33am On Dec 13, 2023
Badgers14:

Very nice to see people investing in stuff like this.. ahn ahn..

Which one is water heater in every nook and cranny of the house while we can just have a central water heater and be done with it.

Kudos!
yes boss… less power and you have more space in your bathrooms
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lovetext: 10:46am On Dec 13, 2023
Please house, I am plastering my house and the cement seller offloaded dangote cement falcon ?? She claims it's good for plastering , please what does the house thinks of this and what's the average price of it or is it same with the normal dangote cement we know of
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:36am On Dec 13, 2023
We are still available in the east…

Let’s work for you

Pop & wall screeding let’s talk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
Call or WhatsApp me through my signature below…I’m professional roofing carpenter and I install all kinds of roofing sheet with good quality and warranty 100%… with 20% discount

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2023
kopell:
Why will you need electric waters heater, when you can get solar water heater bill free for at least 5 year guarantee, at about the same of all the units combine.
How do you handle days of absolutely no sunlight like in rainy season? Can there be a hybrid arrangement were electricity powers the heater if solar power is not available?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2023
Kingdemu:
How do you handle days of absolutely no sunlight like in rainy season? Can there be a hybrid arrangement were electricity powers the heater if solar power is not available?

There is but pricey…
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2023
We are available for your job

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2023
Finally retrieved my WhatsApp account.

You can now reach me on my WhatsApp 08033643191

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rawgold300: 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2023
Rany4all:
I don't understand how loss of one's job can prevent someone from rendering services already PAID for...

I don’t get it myself … majorities of vendors on this platform are crooks.

I knew he was desperate for the job calling me on a regular but ended up not carrying out the job he was paid for.

I mean no disrespect to people who are doing their business in a legitimate way.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rawgold300: 6:45pm On Dec 13, 2023
folmus:

I am wondering too.

Stop wondering ooo grin.. they are here for one thing and one thing only to swindle people.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rawgold300: 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
Rany4all:
Only thing I can think of really, is that he used client's money to pay his house rent, children's school fees or other personal issues. And if that's the case, then it shows just how unprofessional some of our artisans can be. A client's money should never be used for anything other than what the client paid for. In fact, every business man should always keep their business account separate from personal account.

If a business man needs money urgently to settle personal issues, he should go and borrow or source for the money elsewhere, but should never tamper with client's funds. That is the fastest way to lose the trust of a client and also all potential referrals from the client.

Well said but all these are not in their dictionary. I told him i will teach a lesson if he chooses not to pay back on time.

He will learn
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rawgold300: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
kopell:
Don't make any sense to me as well, does it mean he spend the client money for something else before losing his job shocked

I guessed that’s exactly what has happened here. He spent the money for God knows what
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
topsy23:

The smaller ones are 1500W while the 100L and 120L are 2000W

For the 100Litres to 120Litres the power rating is just 2000W;
Using Ohms law P = IV,
and I = P/V,

Current rating is just I = 2000/220 approximately 9.1A

and they are single phase. With with your 4KW generator you are okay.

In terms energy conservation, it's nice, but the disadvantage is the energy loss at the distribution line, the farthest toilet experiences low heat this is well pronounced if the heater is not well positioned or centralized, those that are closer to heater perform optimally,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
A glimpse of what my day has been like

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2023
Pretty much ready for Christmas

Electrical lightings
Solar/inverter
Intercom
Fire alarm
Electric security fencing
Whole house audio

Let’s set you up

08051355133/ 08035153923

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:42am On Dec 14, 2023
Rawgold300:

I don’t get it myself … majorities of vendors on this platform are crooks.

I knew he was desperate for the job calling me on a regular but ended up not carrying out the job he was paid for.

I mean no disrespect to people who are doing their business in a legitimate way.

Hahahaha! smiley smiley smiley grin grin One is noted for that here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2023
olukaygold:

Can You supply 3tonnes of Iron Bar to Ojuelegba, Payment on Delivery?
yes, payment on delivery always
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2023
hslbroker2:
Buy hardwood (2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 1x12) buy iron rod (8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm local and TMT) payment on delivery,thanks for your patronage, God bless you all 090-2022-4350

also check my signature

Thanks
good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:51am On Dec 14, 2023
Pop @ affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2023
erico2k2:

how much per square meter? Roughly??if all materials are provided

If you are the one buying all the material I only charge for workmanship and labor which is 2000 per sqm which I can still reduce the price depending on your sqm sir
And if I should be the one to provide the foreign material and you provide the local materials I charge 5,500 per sqm sir + workmanship

And if im to provide all materials and workmanship I charge 10,500 per sqm

You check on the current price of materials where I do buy my color if the client want me to provide the foreign material below and remember their are still different companies with different price but go for this If you want a well and lasting job

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winniealfred1(f): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2023
Please can someone help me check this quotation i got from my builder. The house is in the village in oyo state and it is a 3 bedroom bungalow. Am i about to be duped? The quotation is looking so high. I am working on a tight budget

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2023
Winniealfred1:
Please can someone help me check this quotation i got from my builder. The house is in the village in oyo state and it is a 3 bedroom bungalow. Am i about to be duped? The quotation is looking so high. I am working on a tight budget

I cannot see blocks anywhere in the quotations, are you moulding them out of the cements quoted here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 11:45am On Dec 14, 2023
Let us see your drawing and get a full Quotation, Biml of Quantity from professionals chat
me for one im also in Oyo state presently 08099212590
Winniealfred1:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winniealfred1(f): 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
Beframia:

I cannot see blocks anywhere in the quotations, are you moulding them out of the cements quoted here?

I have 4000 blocks molded already. Blocks is on ground already
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winniealfred1(f): 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
ishadfurnitures:
Let us see your drawing and get a full Quotation, Biml of Quantity from professionals chat
me for one im also in Oyo state presently 08099212590

This js the drawing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2023
Winniealfred1:

No1 - He's not trying to DUPE you (if I use your language)
No2 - Why gravel? Close eye buy granite, on the long run, its the better option
No3 - Why is he using SOFT SAND? - and that rate is very cheap for it to be SHARP SAND. - Buy sharp sand but I expect it to be more than the 20k he wrote down.

No4 - The only workmanship I think is HIGH, is the setting to Level @N300k (but that depends on the details of what he's doing) - ie if it includes him doing the lintels and rebar works inclusive, then its not HIGH again.

OVERALL - He's not trying to dupe you BUT I'll advice you have a supervisor that would ensure he uses the right materials where and when he shd.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2023
You are very correct, quotations always looks like duping to clients.
saydfact:

No3 - Why is he using SOFT SAND? - and that rate is very cheap for it to be SHARP SAND. - Buy sharp sand but I expect it to be more than the 20k he wrote down.

No4 - The only workmanship I think is HIGH, is the setting to Level @N300k (but that depends on the details of what he's doing) - ie if it includes him doing the lintels and rebar works inclusive, then its not HIGH again.

OVERALL - He's not trying to dupe you BUT I'll advice you have a supervisor that would ensure he uses the right materials where and when he shd.

Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winniealfred1(f): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
saydfact:

Goodluck

Gravel is the readily available stone in the village unlike Lagos where we have access to granite.

I am looking at the bags of cement he demanded. That is a lot.

I noticed his workmanship is high too.

And for the sand, we are talking about 5tonnes here. The tipper size available in the village is 5 tonnes not the usual 20tonnes or more we have in Lagos

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2023
There was this debate on toilet opening directly to the sitting room some weeks back , personally don’t like it, but no be only nija he dey grin grin , na usa be this , must say first time am seeing something like this in 25 years of coming here

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2023
Good day, house... Please, does anyone have idea about this small security lights that come on when an object comes close to them, and goes off after the object passes..

Do they have advantages/disadvantages?
Are they more expensive in the long run that the normal ones?
What price range should one be looking at, if one wants to get them?
How exactly do they get the energy to power on, because they work even when there's no light?

Thanks in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
Good day, house... Please, does anyone have idea about this small security lights that come on when an object comes close to them, and goes off after the object passes..

Do they have advantages/disadvantages?
Are they more expensive in the long run that the normal ones?
What price range should one be looking at, if one wants to get them?
How exactly do they get the energy to power on, because they work even when there's no light?

Thanks in advance

There are many of them in the market. IP motion light. Check the link below

https:///product/ip64-motion-sensor-waterproof-and-solar-led-wall-lamp-4681316?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7OqrBhD9ARIsAK3UXh0Q1fCcnYUt4V_wycDTUwKMURs4p_3eWidwc1emtcSuOWZLIck8j2caAqHiEALw_wcB
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2023
Winniealfred1:

Gravel is the readily available stone in the village unlike Lagos where we have access to granite.

I am looking at the bags of cement he demanded. That is a lot.

I noticed his workmanship is high too.

And for the sand, we are talking about 5tonnes here. The tipper size available in the village is 5 tonnes not the usual 20tonnes or more we have in Lagos

My dear, all the materials he quoted are too high. That is how they cause highpertension for people all in the name of quotation.

My advice is be buying the materials small small and you will see what quantity that will complete that house at the end of the day.

Secondly, shine your eyes and make sure they don't waste your materials because once you don't park all the building materials in the market for them, they will resort to wasting them so that at the end of the day you will end up buying up to the quantity they quoted for you so they can appear professionals.
It is their trick. Am taking from experience.

Then as for Labour, get like another two quotations and then compare and know which to use .

Good luck!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3570) (3571) (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) (3576) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.