Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386845 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) (3576) (3577) (3578) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:23am On Dec 17, 2023
twinskenny:

Wanted to ask the same thing
It’s old trick .. Although it might new to some shaa
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:26am On Dec 17, 2023
Our plastering of this beautiful edifice is going on.
Thanks to the client and the carcass builder.(Segcymoore)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2023
Our surulere old building renovation/ Alteration is in progress.
We gives thanks to Almighty God and the client
Watch out for the final pics.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:49am On Dec 17, 2023
It’s a beautiful Sunday

Electrical
Cctv
Solar/inverter
Electric fence
Whole house audio
Fire alarm
Intercom

All done !!!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 10:58am On Dec 17, 2023
rotecch77:

Nice one boss, please contact us for your woods o 08032339807. Quality is guaranteed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2023
olukaygold:

12mm is 94 while
16mm is 53

Sorry.. But it isn't.
Perhaps that what a supplier gives you doesn't make it the standard...

Note: knowing the numbers has a formula and calculation, except you're a civil engineer no need to dispute the number.

Goodluck

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2023
saydfact:
To whom it may concern,
Note:

No. of Bars per tonne

8mm x 12m - 211 Nos.
10mm x 12m - 133 Nos.
12mm x 12m - 93 Nos.
16mm x 12m - 52 Nos.
20mm x 12m - 33 Nos.
25mm x 12m - 22 Nos.
32mm x 12m - 13 Nos

Goodluck

Shukran!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2023
folmus:

Shukran!

UWC... thanks too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2023
Winniealfred1:
Please can someone help me check this quotation i got from my builder. The house is in the village in oyo state and it is a 3 bedroom bungalow. Am i about to be duped? The quotation is looking so high. I am working on a tight budget
That roofing style is too long for such height.
Increase the height a bit so that water can run off it easily and to avoid undue maintenance.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
rotecch77:

I don’t know what part of Surulere you have this project but one thing I would point out to you is to be careful of water leaking from foundation in that area. Almost all the old houses there have that issue.
Have that conversation with client and ask him the situation. You don’t want to be blamed for a preexisting condition. Also, you would want to factor in the cost of fixing the leak.
The client will never be satisfied by only aesthetics if the leak is not taken care of.
For a story building, tackling foundation water leak is often compounded by the fact that the height of headroom downstairs cannot be raised. People end up having dwarfed ceiling height.
Good luck and more power to your elbows.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
saydfact:

Sorry.. But it isn't.

Note: knowing the numbers has a formula and calculation, except you're a civil engineer no need to dispute the number.

Goodluck
We dont need to argue on this, but 9mm TmT bar is 94 And 16mm is 53 directly from the Factory. Unless You're Buying from the Suppliers which is common Phenomenon in Lagos,the Suppliers always remove 1 length on each tonne as their own additional Profit. Get your fact right by Engaging a Trusted Supplier not on Google search sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2023
Vocals:

The stacking wasn't done in columns but rows it was over laid so you will have let say 12 PCs in the side and front view but back and center would not be up to 12 each and it will achieve the same height, layman's term, if they were to arranged 300bags in normals should be 12 bags in height 5 in length and breadth, but they will arrange 12bags in height for the front rows and 5for the based then will over lap the remaining bags some will stand halfway some will interlock each other in such a way they would make way with 10 to 15 bags and if you were to count you would get 300 cos all the outer bags would be stacked completely while the inners wouldn't be complete, so if you count from top or side and multiply it would give you the exact numbers, but if you count in pieces you would notice. And if you don't until your mason, start unstacking them before you would get to know.
I got to know this when I was cross-checking the Remaining Cement left in my Store in preparation for the Casting, but It didn't met my expectations so I felt a foul play by the Off loaders as my Supervisor is Jjc,so I asked my Carppy to remove the Store woods Completely and all their Secret were Open. I quickly video everything and forwarded it to my Supplier, He didn't deny it, He called his driver and the driver open up... Well I firstly told them to return 50bags cos we hardly get the accurate number of cement they stole unless they confess but from my calculations, it's 33bags missing so I asked them to return the 33bags latest on Tuesday. If nothing done between today and Tomorrow, I'll get The Supplier arrested,nothing concern me concern the off loaders.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
What I did over the weekend

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish: 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2023
3plots of Land at Okegelu facing The Express way in Ibeju lekki Lagos ( sharing Boundary With Lacampagne Tropicana Beach Resort) Very Good good for small scale industry.

Title Is Gazette
Price Is 8m/plot
Agency Fee is 10%
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
sonnie10:

I don’t know what part of Surulere you have this project but one thing I would point out to you is to be careful of water leaking from foundation in that area. Almost all the old houses there have that issue.
Have that conversation with client and ask him the situation. You don’t want to be blamed for a preexisting condition. Also, you would want to factor in the cost of fixing the leak.
The client will never be satisfied by only aesthetics if the leak is not taken care of.
For a story building, tackling foundation water leak is often compounded by the fact that the height of headroom downstairs cannot be raised. People end up having dwarfed ceiling height.
Good luck and more power to your elbows.

Thanks so much sir, we already put all that into consideration before we started the project as usual sir
But you know Lagos very well sir.
You are an “ encyclopedia of Lagos Terran”

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vocals: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2023
olukaygold:

I got to know this when I was cross-checking the Remaining Cement left in my Store in preparation for the Casting, but It didn't met my expectations so I felt a foul play by the Off loaders as my Supervisor is Jjc,so I asked my Carppy to remove the Store woods Completely and all their Secret were Open. I quickly video everything and forwarded it to my Supplier, He didn't deny it, He called his driver and the driver open up... Well I firstly told them to return 50bags cos we hardly get the accurate number of cement they stole unless they confess but from my calculations, it's 33bags missing so I asked them to return the 33bags latest on Tuesday. If nothing done between today and Tomorrow, I'll get The Supplier arrested,nothing concern me concern the off loaders.

It's an old trick known to them all and they always get the depot manager permission to carry it out. Goodluck with your recovery, cos 33bags in this economy, which account are you writing that out to? And can definitely fit in bar debt in this bulab*** season
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2023
BRAND NEW MUST 1000W 12V HYBRID INVERTER AVAILABLE!!

Must 1000w 12v pure sine wave hybrid inverter with inbuilt mppt

Features:
- Built-in 60a mppt solar charge regulator.
- 15-105vdc mppt VOC range
- LCD display with multi-function Built-in automatic - AC charger and automatic AC mains switcher.
- 140-275vac super wide input voltage range.
- 2000w surge capacity, continuous stable pure sine wave output, can be applied to any electrical equipment.
- Lithium battery compatible.. High efficiency Intelligent battery management,prolonging the service life of battery.
- Multi-protection like low battery, overload, short circuit, over temperature ....

Firm Price: N175,000

Product warranty: 12 months

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toxxnoni(m): 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2023
Discover excellent borehole drilling and Geotechnical services in nigeria. Our team at PLATINUM DRILLING AND GEOTECHNICAL SERVICES excels at borehole drilling, Geophysical Survey, Pile foundation, Core drilling, mineral mining, soil test and other geotechnical related services. We are experience, reliable and efficient in giving the best result. Contact us today.. we are always active and ready to deliver..

The first thing we do before drilling a borehole is to conduct a Geo Physical Survey of the land where the borehole would be drilled.

The significance of the survey are
1. To know the exact point to be drilled
2. To know the depth to be drilled
3. To know the type of borehole that is to be drilled as well.

Survey will also enable you to know the exact estimate of your borehole as well.

Contact platinumgeotechnical@yahoo.com
Whatsapp 08136569906

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2023
AFRIPOWER PRODUCTS AVAILABLE!!!

1kva 12v .......... N110,000
1.7kva 24v ........ N160,000
2kva 24v ........... N175,000
2.5kva 24v ........ N250,000
3.2kva 24v ........ N300,000
3.5kva 48v ........ N400,000
5kva 48v ........... N700,000
6kva 72v ........... N
7.5kva 96v ........ N1.2m
10kva 120v ....... N1.5m

220a tubular battery ...... N230,000

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
Vocals:

It's an old trick known to them all and they always get the depot manager permission to carry it out. Goodluck with your recovery, cos 33bags in this economy, which account are you writing that out to? And can definitely fit in bar debt in this bulab*** season
Eh... I thought as much... That's why I video everything... Thanks to my crew and my Supervisor, he had to explained that he complained how come its not leveled and they told him the plank at down is broken,hearing this made me to remove all the plank at the store and nothing broken...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 5:36am On Dec 18, 2023
Renovation is always Expensive and Most Client don't know this!! I once renovated a 12 room face me i face you converted it to a Room and Parlor. The project consumed over 300 Bags of Cement. It wasn't a Easy Thanks.

May God Grant you Grace to Finish your Project well. Amen.

rotecch77:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:28am On Dec 18, 2023
olukaygold:

Nigerians! Nawaoo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 8:49am On Dec 18, 2023
saydfact:

Sorry.. But it isn't.

Goodluck
yea true only engineers can know their ways around getting the actual quantity. But then its like meat ie turkey or chicken, the weight is what counts which brings us to the quality. A steel with less quality won’t weigh much so it supposed to be more than 52 and one with the actual factory quality is expected to be not less than 52 and that us where the manufacturers tend to make their profit by trying to get more of the same weight thereby reducing the quality and still sell 52 as one tonne.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:55am On Dec 18, 2023
Our project

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2023
dannie007:
Renovation is always Expensive and Most Client don't know this!! I once renovated a 12 room face me i face you converted it to a Room and Parlor. The project consumed over 300 Bags of Cement. It wasn't a Easy Thanks.

May God Grant you Grace to Finish your Project well. Amen.

You are very correct sir, reason why at times I don’t like buying Materials for some work I do ask my cleint to buy unless he or she insisted that I should buy.
Buy your materials and monitor the usage
My health is very paramount to me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
Contact us for your Architectural Design and Construction Services

6 units 2 Bedroom Flats designed for a fellow Nairalander.

K

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2023
kkonsults:
Contact us for your Architectural Design and Construction Services

6 units 2 Bedroom Flats designed for a fellow Nairalander.

K

Why did you prefer this design to a 2-storey building of the same 6units of 2bedroom flats, please?

Do you feel this is cheaper in terms of cost?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Why did you prefer this design over a 2-storey building of the same 6units of 2bedroom flats, please?

Do you feel this is cheaper in terms of cost?
if your land is enough , this is cheaper. The price of 20mm rod for a two storey foundation is vey expensive.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2023
Welcome back.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2023
Procarpenter:
Call or WhatsApp me through my signature below…I’m professional roofing carpenter and I install all kinds of roofing sheet with good quality and warranty 100%… with 20% discount
... al my roofing work are great with 20% discount with warranty I work worldwide contact me through my signature below..

(1) (2) (3) ... (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) (3576) (3577) (3578) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolu1986(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.