Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386764 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3575) (3576) (3577) (3578) (3579) (3580) (3581) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:43pm On Dec 23, 2023
fashrola:

The quotation is for 3 bedroom flat bungalow with study, the quotation is for blocks molding (This has been done already ) to excavation, foundation to lintel level

I'm not with my laptop till Monday.

If it's OK by you, send me a WhatsApp message.... (ie if you want a Document like the attached)

Number is in my signature.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 1:34am On Dec 24, 2023
fashrola:
Welcome back guys!!!!

Hello professionals in the house, Can someone help me review this BOQ for a three bedroom bungalow with Study and probably a rough estimate to aid in renegotiating before starting the excavation process for foundation

Land condition: Table Land and not swampy

I bought 10 trips of sharp sand out of the 15 trips and 60 bags of cement which was used to mold 3000+ blocks and also I've already bought 30 tons of granite and its on site already.

Temporary shedhouse/store has been erected on site too.

Though the professional charge, I negotiated down to 500k

Pic 1: The Floor plan of the house
Pic 2: The Land area and area to be built
Pic 3: BOQ

Note: The Land is already fenced round and gated already

Cc: Saydfact kkonsults Biztech05 etc....

Good day ,
Just seeing this we have been busy on a daily activities.

Thank God our professional colleague have been addressing your challenges.

No : 1 The quotation is too much.....
No: 2 This quotation is not from a professional ( Qus ,Builder/ Engr ).

Kindly take a look in that area not to fall in victim. Because Bill of Quantity is here collapsing already.

I guess you should send your clear drawing to whoever that have interest, to Take off for you !

Though it may require you paying sum token sha. as per helping you. But still whatever you pay will have a positive benefit to you all the way. compare to this given Bill.

Though the workmanship is not bad at least you can negotiate that.

Biztech consult

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fashrola(m): 2:18am On Dec 24, 2023
Biztech05:

Good day ,
Just seeing this we have been busy on a daily activities.

Thank God our professional colleague have been addressing your challenges.

No : 1 The quotation is too much.....
No: 2 This quotation is not from a professional ( Qus ,Builder/ Engr ).

Kindly take a look in that area not to fall in victim. Because Bill of Quantity is here collapsing already.

I guess you should send your clear drawing to whoever that have interest, to Take off for you !

Though it may require you paying sum token sha. as per helping you. But still whatever you pay will have a positive benefit to you all the way. compare to this given Bill.

Though the workmanship is not bad at least you can negotiate that.

Biztech consult

Thanks bro.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fashrola(m): 2:19am On Dec 24, 2023
saydfact:

I'm not with my laptop till Monday.

If it's OK by you, send me a WhatsApp message.... (ie if you want a Document like the attached)

Number is in my signature.

i've sent you a message

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obinnau(m): 5:22am On Dec 24, 2023
megacontrol:
Hello,

Where are the interior designers and/or decorators here?

I need someone that can jump on a small project, work through the holidays to deliver an apartment in Lekki within a short period.
The property was recently finished so we just need to do all the necessary interior work required for habituation by the new year.

There is a particular ID here that has wowed me in the past but now i can't remember their name.

This is open to all but we prefer to work directly with main vendor.no middle men. Job is in Lekki, Lagos.
Will like to get inspection, concept discussion and quotation done over the weekend so that work can be done immediately after the Xmas break.

Thanks.

Have you found? I have connect that could deliver
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2023
topsy23:

Good evening sir, i have one or two things to point out from the quotation .

1. The aluminium conductor of 100mm will not be approve by PHCN, they do not accept 100mm anymore for the installation of transformer, The least they accept is 150mm.

2. The 70mm 4-core armoured cable he quoted for, hmmm i guess the man is using imported cable for the installation . Nigeria cable is more expensive compare to what he quoted for.

3. 300mm is also an imported cable too cos Nigeria cable is more than that

4. PHCN/ NEMSA will not allow ordinary pot insulator what they normally approve is silicon type
Thank you very much...in essence the quotations may not do the job...nemsa fees ? Googled a bit fees quoted seems a bit higher than what nemsa is asking for ....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2023
I am Available in Lekki. And I am Direct, Handling an interior at Onikepo Akande Street.

OX Tech Multiservices (Furnitures)

megacontrol:
Hello,

I need someone that can jump on a small project, work through the holidays to deliver an apartment in Lekki within a short period.
The property was recently finished so we just need to do all the necessary interior work required for habituation by the new year.

There is a particular ID here that has wowed me in the past but now i can't remember their name.

This is open to all but we prefer to work directly with main vendor.no middle men. Job is in Lekki, Lagos.
Will like to get inspection, concept discussion and quotation done over the weekend so that work can be done immediately after the Xmas break.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2023
dongc:

Thank you very much...in essence the quotations may not do the job...nemsa fees ? Googled a bit fees quoted seems a bit higher than what nemsa is asking for ....

The fees varies boss, the last one we completed was 2m naira. They gave 4m fees and started negotiating till agreed to pay 2m ..

What they normally change is based on how many building in the compound. Number of high rise building within the compound. Their charges are not fixed, it varies.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 8:56am On Dec 24, 2023
topsy23:

The fees varies boss, the last one we completed was 2m naira. They gave 4m fees and started negotiating till agreed to pay 2m ..

What they normally change is based on how many building in the compound. Number of high rise building within the compound. Their charges are not fixed, it varies.
Thank you very much for your input.

This is for my small village one transformer has just become too small and always fuse explosion..people are building new house everyday...we decided load-shedding may help and bought this new one ..look at the document below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:24am On Dec 24, 2023
megacontrol:
Hello,

Thanks.

Reach out to hamtab fawas here

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2023
dongc:

Thank you very much for your input.

This is for my small village one transformer has just become too small and always fuse explosion..people are building new house everyday...we decided load-shedding may help and bought this new one ..look at the document below

The document attached is the charges for different capacity of transformers.. The best is to have your prepaid meter installed because the postpaid is going to be killer charges..

The load shedding is important to avoid overload on the transformer. Normally provisions of transformer suppose to be government but here in Nigeria individuals will buy transformer and after installation it will become government property.

Get another transformer will be the best if there is cooperation among the communities..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2023
Pop @ affordable price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2023
topsy23:

The document attached is the charges for different capacity of transformers.. The best is to have your prepaid meter installed because the postpaid is going to be killer charges..

The load shedding is important to avoid overload on the transformer. Normally provisions of transformer suppose to be government but here in Nigeria individuals will buy transformer and after installation it will become government property.

Get another transformer will be the best if there is cooperation among the communities..

We have bought the transformer and has been delivered few weeks ago.
It's just terrible you spend your own money for transformer and now pay government to allow you to install it and also pay them to commission it...price of installation is almost a 3rd of cost of transformer

Nemssa fee for the size of transformer I bought is 40,000 but quotations says 450,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2023
dongc:

It's just terrible you spend your own money for transformer and now pay government to allow you to install it and also pay them to commission it...price of installation is almost a 3rd of cost of transformer

Nemssa fee for the size of transformer I bought is 40,000 but quotations says 450,000
Hummm, imagine?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
dongc:

Seriously government suppose to make NEMSA fee free for a community transformer.

We did not get it right at all in this country of ours . Transformer suppose to be part infrastructure government should provide and you will still pay bills after installation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by housepaiinting1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sunday to you all nairalanders engineers do have a great moment with your loved one

Call WhatsApp for RAINER PAINTS to be supplied to your doorsteps nationwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVZBp0WQnAA?si=tM2QqB9FPuVVL78p

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2023
kopell:
Hummm, imagine?
I was confused as well...I thought it was typo...I understand it's government office they need to give small envelope but...it didn't make sense.

BILL OF ENGINEERING MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION FOR PROCUREMENT, CONSTRUCTION AND INSTALLATION OF 1X300KVA, 11/0.400KV SUBSTATION AT ANAMBRA STATE.

Check out NO 26,27,28 slide 1 and now look at what Nemsa is asking for NO 4 slide 2

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2023
dongc:

I was confused as well...I thought it was typo...I understand it's government office they need to give small envelope but...it didn't make sense.

BILL OF ENGINEERING MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION FOR PROCUREMENT, CONSTRUCTION AND INSTALLATION OF 1X300KVA, 11/0.400KV SUBSTATION AT ANAMBRA STATE.

Check out NO 26,27,28 slide 1 and now look at what Nemsa is asking for NO 4 slide 2

That's what they will tell you... The connection of transformer can be frustrating atimes. Imagine PICK guys asking you to send money for Uber for him to come and test transformer before energizing after paying all necessary dues and all settlement done.

Anambra is a bit better compare to what we are facing in Lagos

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2023
I need good window quotations with this make of inbuilt burglary proof in aluminium casings.
Please contact me for details.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olusharp(m): 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2023
Please how much is 4by4 sliding window with net now?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
Olusharp:
Please how much is 4by4 sliding window with net now?
Good evening sir
:-Sliding window with
•permanent net
4 x 4=35k

•With sliding net
4 x 4=45k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.280 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos (Estate is situated behind popular Solomon grace secondary schools ,off Abiodun Onitiri avenue) but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuuthmaan: 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2023
Good evening all,

Please, kindly help with estimated cost and materials needed for decking/slab of the attached plan.
Thank you all

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bankyshinani(m): 1:09am On Dec 25, 2023
cash1115:
Pop @ affordable price
How much per sqm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bankyshinani(m): 1:25am On Dec 25, 2023
Please, I got this quotation for the wiring of my 3 bedroom flat..professionals in the house should help look into it...
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:26am On Dec 25, 2023
Bankyshinani:
Please, I got this quotation for the wiring of my 3 bedroom flat..professionals in the house should help look into it...
Thanks

Is the guy doing a surface wiring? How can he quote for 1 bundle of pipe for a 3bedroom flat.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:46am On Dec 25, 2023
Please what is the going rate for tiling?

If you have used any tiler here that did an exquisite and tasteful job. Please kindly share recommendations?

Thanks.

Someone mentioned 700 per square meters. Is that a reasonable figure?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 10:35am On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas to the Christians here. Happy celebrations

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuuthmaan: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2023
abuuthmaan:
Good evening all,

Please, kindly help with estimated cost and materials needed for decking/slab of the attached plan.
Thank you all
Still waiting for your wonderful contributions on this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by freshvine(f): 10:53am On Dec 25, 2023
dongc:

Please is this a good deal ? Can you offer any better deal ?

Can you engage me.
I'll deliver with a discount
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by freshvine(f): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2023
topsy23:

Good evening sir, i have one or two things to point out from the quotation .

1. The aluminium conductor of 100mm will not be approve by PHCN, they do not accept 100mm anymore for the installation of transformer, The least they accept is 150mm.

2. The 70mm 4-core armoured cable he quoted for, hmmm i guess the man is using imported cable for the installation . Nigeria cable is more expensive compare to what he quoted for.

3. 300mm is also an imported cable too cos Nigeria cable is more than that

4. PHCN/ NEMSA will not allow ordinary pot insulator what they normally approve is silicon type

This is a point load off grid project i suppose hence it'll definitely be approved. All other points you raised as regards Cable is inconsequential cause kabelmetal and nigerchin is available in small lengths and at the quoted price.

Finally, Pin Insulator has no specific authorization except if recommended.

The price of the 70mm earrh cable though is way below it market cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 11:11am On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas! As the year comes to a close, may you reflect on the blessings of the past year with gratitude and look forward to the new opportunities and adventures that the upcoming year will bring.

Biztech consult

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3575) (3576) (3577) (3578) (3579) (3580) (3581) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.