Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388361 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3612) (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Boldez37: 4:42pm On Feb 10
Mixed-use acre of Land (6plots) in Ibadan, New Ife Road. Perfect for Residential and Commercial uses available for sale.

No split buy.

Close proximity to Gbagi market, Ibadan Airport, Nigeria brewery, Iwo road, etc
Easy access link to multi interstate highway for transport/ travel.

Title - C OF O and comes with approved building plans.
Offer Price- #24M.
Kindly contact on +447424999475 (WhatsApp call / text ONLY).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:49pm On Feb 10
dapotemi:

In Accounting, there is what we call replacement cost..If the vendor decided to sell for 50 naira as you've advocated, abeg how is he going to get another one to his shop?

I understand what you mean.
Am not advocating that he should sell for ₦50 naira, he is already selling for ₦150 ()the major issue is that the stock he bought for ₦50 per unit, he is already making a good profit selling for ₦150, but has decided to increase the price of that particular stock to ₦200, because there is increase in market price, dollar rate, scarcity, etc. The price impact on the product, if he decides to restock again, is not up to ₦100.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:59pm On Feb 10
topsy23:

Hmmmm are we importing the raw materials too? And there is no much different between the price of diesel in December and February.. So what's causing this increase and the scaricity of the cement this very month..

Price of rice also gone up from 50k+ to 70k. What is the problem with this country?

Business moguls exploiting every opportunity to get even richer.

Fake scarcity! Hoarding products to increase market price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:13pm On Feb 10
Whether we like it or not, the price of everything is dependent on dollar. The other day I was telling folks here that although there is increase in price of local building materials, exchange rate is moving faster. Therefore, those price increase are not comparative to increasing exchange rate.
Even if you are producing locally, you are still going to buy bread, rice, diesel, medication, use transportation etc. All these things have increased.
If I start a cement trading business with 10 bags at 5k each for a total of 50k. Then sell them for 7k each for a total 70k. I might assume I have made 20k profit.
But if I go back to restock, the 70k would only buy 7 bags at 10k. This is not progress/profit.
It is not greed if I had sold what I bought for 5k for 10k.
That is the only way the business can survive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lovelysexy: 9:55pm On Feb 10
Good evening all,

I have a 3 bedroom plan to be used in constructing a 3 bedroom bungalow.
Attached is the building plan and the bill of quantity submitted by the contractor I want to use.
The boq is estimated from scratch to levelling
I told him the blocks are too much and that the quantity for the iron rods , sand and granite are too much

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:26pm On Feb 10
Dendrick123:

Hello sir, how much do you sell the basecoat putty?
Getting the people that know how to effectively apply the basecoat is very important for good result.
Not everyone would pay attention to the details of application.
My unsolicited advice, as you buy also negotiate for labor for application.
Be rest assured that with Gbadexy, you will get quality outcome.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MDDarah84(m): 11:09pm On Feb 10
Hi bosses,

Please I have a line of 3 units of 2bedroom flats under construction.I am about doing the plastering and flooring and the bricklayer requested for 102 bags of cement..my questions are as follows please;

1..Is the 102 bags not too much?

2.. considering that I am still going to tile the whole floor and the bathroom and kitchen walls,what's the effect on the number of bags of cement stated above?

3..How much should I budget for tiling (tiles and service charge)

4..how much should I budget for plumbing with the service charge.

5.The person monitoring the building advise I use sliding windows,is that not old fashioned.House is for rental purposes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:37pm On Feb 10
Pick your quality wall shower, W/c , tiles,and other bathroom accessories from us with affordable price,we can deliver to anywhere.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyesky(m): 6:44am On Feb 11
Micky4rl:
Muyesky is very legit and reliable. He's done windows, doors and gates for two of my buildings over 7 years.

I can vouch for him.

Thank you sir, this means a lot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 7:09am On Feb 11
Lovelysexy:
Good evening all,

Attached is the building plan and the bill of quantity submitted by the contractor I want to use.
I told him the blocks are too much and that the quantity for the iron rods , sand and granite are too much
if the land is waterlogged then the iron is okay but for dense soil its way too much.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qwertyboss(m): 7:20am On Feb 11
Lovelysexy:
Good evening all,

Start by milestones.....
You will have a better idea of what you really need later

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MDDarah84(m): 8:01am On Feb 11
MDDarah84:
Hi bosses,

Please I have a line of 3 units of 2bedroom flats under construction.I am about doing the plastering and flooring and the bricklayer requested for 102 bags of cement..my questions are as follows please;

2.. considering that I am still going to tile the whole floor and the bathroom and kitchen walls,what's the effect on the number of bags of cement stated above?

5.The person monitoring the building advise I use sliding windows,is that not old fashioned.House is for rental purposes.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:22am On Feb 11
Lovelysexy:
Good evening all,

Block is just 1300 to level without calculating, I don't think it's too much thou.

And the 9 inches for foundation too...
The quotation does not look excessive on block and labour fees, but cld be priced down.

My opinion without calculating to check.

The real problem of the quotation is the IRON....
what's he using 1 tonne for?

When you shd be talking of few lengths.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:35am On Feb 11
MDDarah84:
Hi bosses,

Ie 2 bedroom flat x3.

102 bags is about 35 bags per flat.... I don't think it's too much, except the 2 bedroom flats are not big ones (maybe if you share the floor plan).

For plumbing - MINUS THE FITTINGS, sink, WC ETC budget about 200k per flat for the pipe works up to Septic tank/soak away or just budget about 100k per flat if its just for the interior to allow plastering (again is a guess without seeing the floor plan and could be wrong).

Tiling can't be calculated without seeing the plan

Casement is always better EXCEPT WHEN COST IS AN ISSUE..... then sliding is acceptable.

Goodluck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 12:49pm On Feb 11
I'm trying to construct a construct a slab for a 3ft gutter .

Projection of my engineer is

We doing 6 nos of 2.5ft wide by 3.5ft long by 6" thick slab.

Estimation on materials

10mm rods 12 units. ( double matting with 3" gap between top n bottom rod mat)

Cement 10 bags

Granite 20 sack

We have sand already already in site

Please can someone help me review this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:56pm On Feb 11
MDDarah84:
Hi bosses,

for the windows, I will advise u to use casement windows, the advantages is far far better than sliding window,and the differences in money is not much now, thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lovelysexy: 12:59pm On Feb 11
Thanks for the reply.
The land os normal soil.
Like how many iron will be used and pls whats the current market rate for the iron to be used?
dangoteinlaw:
if the land is waterlogged then the iron is okay but for dense soil its way too much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lovelysexy: 1:00pm On Feb 11
Thanks for the reply.
I will follow you recommendation.
qwertyboss:

Start by milestones.....
You will have a better idea of what you really need later
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lovelysexy: 1:02pm On Feb 11
Thats my main issue with him.
I have told him it is not possible.
Thanks for the response.
saydfact:

Block is just 1300 to level without calculating, I don't think it's too much thou.

And the 9 inches for foundation too...
The quotation does not look excessive on block and labour fees, but cld be priced down.

My opinion without calculating to check.

The real problem of the quotation is the IRON....
what's he using 1 tonne for?

When you shd be talking of few lengths.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MDDarah84(m): 1:20pm On Feb 11
saydfact:

Ie 2 bedroom flat x3.

102 bags is about 35 bags per flat.... I don't think it's too much, except the 2 bedroom flats are not big ones (maybe if you share the floor plan).

For plumbing - MINUS THE FITTINGS, sink, WC ETC budget about 200k per flat for the pipe works up to Septic tank/soak away or just budget about 100k per flat if its just for the interior to allow plastering (again is a guess without seeing the floor plan and could be wrong).

Tiling can't be calculated without seeing the plan

Casement is always better EXCEPT WHEN COST IS AN ISSUE..... then sliding is acceptable.

Goodluck.

Thanks for this response bro.

Can you avail me your email so I can reach you please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 1:26pm On Feb 11
Reeefe:
I'm trying to construct a construct a slab for a 3ft gutter .

Projection of my engineer is

We doing 6 nos of 2.5ft wide by 3.5ft long by 6" thick slab.

Estimation on materials

10mm rods 12 units. ( double matting with 3" gap between top n bottom rod mat)

Cement 10 bags

Granite 20 sack

We have sand already already in site

Please can someone help me review this?

Cement from calculation is 4 bags or 5bags max
10mm rebar is 12 pcs.

Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 1:34pm On Feb 11
MDDarah84:

Thanks for this response bro.

Can you avail me your email so I can reach you please?

Its in my signature
Also my WhatsApp - O9o347o3089

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 1:42pm On Feb 11
michlins:
this cement issue is all the evidence we need to know that local manufacturing is not the solution. Granted there are economic gains down the line like jobs, local dependency but the product becoming cheaper is definitely not one of them

They should allow cement to be imported now. Abi wink wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:05pm On Feb 11
folmus:

They should allow cement to be imported now. Abi wink wink

This cannot happen in Nigeria of today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 4:05pm On Feb 11
kkonsults:
Contact us for Your Architectural Design and Construction Services
Short Let Apartments Design

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 4:11pm On Feb 11
sonnie10:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:18pm On Feb 11
sonnie10:

we don't even have the forex to import.

Nigeria problems will make the smartest economists look extremely dumb

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MDDarah84(m): 11:16pm On Feb 11
Adedward:
for the windows, I will advise u to use casement windows, the advantages is far far better than sliding window,and the differences in money is not much now, thanks

Okay boss..... Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mofiyin2009(m): 6:24am On Feb 12
Which location are you supplying to.? quote author=Hatesin post=128355648]

Please, do you know any reliable person that can supply rods in tons?[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:49am On Feb 12
Good morning

We will be heading to south east in a week or two

If you have a project around there let’s handle yours as well

Pop & wall screeding

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3612) (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PrinceLat(m), pawn89(m), Stamford007(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.