Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388119 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) (3620) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:51pm On Feb 13
saydfact:

First thing first.
The finished floor level to the compound level is way too low.

In the near future, water might be an issue.

- it looks like it's a slopping land to the back, hence the height at the back is better from ground.

Solution - STEP UP the front part of the foundation by extra 2 courses, while thr back remains as is.

On chain lintel, I've always not be an advocate but you can do it round if you wish.

See attached pics.

Goodluck.

Any drawback on this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winniealfred1(f): 6:01pm On Feb 13
saydfact:

First thing first.

- it looks like it's a slopping land to the back, hence the height at the back is better from ground.

Solution - STEP UP the front part of the foundation by extra 2 courses, while thr back remains as is.

On chain lintel, I've always not be an advocate but you can do it round if you wish.

See attached pics.

Goodluck.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:13pm On Feb 13
Winniealfred1:
Update on how it is going. Any advice on this? Meanwhile i wanted to add piller. I was waiting for their quotation but never knew they have already started the foundation already. The house is currently being built in the village in Oyo state with very dry land. Infact the town is known for having rock everywhere. The bricklayer complained about how strong the ground was and how it took them weeks to be able to dig the ground. Kindly check their work so far and tell me what i should do. Meanwhile since there is no pillar, i am thinking i should do round Lintel or what do you think? It is a bungalow. Need advice.

Why are they using so much mortar to set the blocks?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:39pm On Feb 13
folmus:

Any drawback on this?

My personal opinion:

A lintel is a bridge over a short opening, it's not a structural element hence, I see it as a waste of money everytime.

If you want to tie the building round, do a roof beam or a ground beam.

Lintel is NOT a structural element that's why our fore fathers used wood, bamboo etc and that's why no Engineer designs a lintel.

Goodluck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:55pm On Feb 13
kitchen sink available
Still your blessed Sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed sam building materials enterprises

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 9:01pm On Feb 13
Building Approval Process.
For your Land Survey Services call 08118239405

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:02pm On Feb 13
dayveed1:
Akure, Ondo state.

Charges is 1500… but better to source for installer around you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:26pm On Feb 13
SurveyorGeo:
I hope the streamline the kakistocracy officers in the system that kept people waiting for years to get approval. Those are the reasons why many building ilegal without approve, some of them with endless request of document that people won't even get from their assistant agencies within state system. For example, land information, land coordinate search or survey etc.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:59pm On Feb 13
saydfact:

My personal opinion:

A lintel is a bridge over a short opening, it's not a structural element hence, I see it as a waste of money everytime.

If you want to tie the building round, do a roof beam or a ground beam.

Lintel is NOT a structural element that's why our fore fathers used wood, bamboo etc and that's why no Engineer designs a lintel.

Goodluck.

Your position can be seen as contradictory. If you want to tie the building, you can as well use all round chaining, if you can use roof beam or ground beam. All na the same outcome: they spread the load at the level introduced.

All round chaining apart from spreading the load, has one unique advantage: you can knock down walls to make changes or introduce openings safely without the fear of collapse and the added need to introduce lintel.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:38am On Feb 14
Osinachiadima global enterprise
Home of kinds of building materials

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:39am On Feb 14
Pop design + Screeding.

Call or WhatsApp 09122348437

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 7:47am On Feb 14
Good morning Saydfact and other gurus in the house. I have a completed building like dis of whick the ground floor is low. Is there any remedy or reinforcement that can be done?
saydfact:

First thing first.

See attached pics.

Goodluck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:34am On Feb 14
SurveyorGeo:

What happens to those not in Nigeria and no evidence of tax payment in Lagos?
They will just call one big million abi?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:37am On Feb 14
diordaves:

Your position can be seen as contradictory. If you want to tie the building, you can as well use all round chaining, if you can use roof beam or ground beam. All na the same outcome: they spread the load at the level introduced.

All round chaining apart from spreading the load, has one unique advantage: you can knock down walls to make changes or introduce openings safely without the fear of collapse and the added need to introduce lintel.

Well-done, King !!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:40am On Feb 14
rmx:

Everybody be expert now on top forex and importation matter . Even People that don’t produce locally and people that do no importation. Nothing will change short term . Not prices of the goods released from the ban to access official dollars . Simply because there is no official dollars . Did prices of goods that had acess to official dollars come down ? Trajectory is still upwards for all goods both locally produced and imported grin grin

If you have anything to buy and you have money . Buy on time . Delay is dangerous cool

Gave above advice sometimes in October , given many such advice over the years , once you understand how Nigeria works , you can make plans to lessen the pain as much as possible . I wish all men well . Ko easy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:44am On Feb 14
rmx:

Gave above advice sometimes in October , given many such advice over the years , once you understand how Nigeria works , you can make plans to lessen the pain as much as possible . I wish all men well . Ko easy

Wisdom is replete in this for those who understand the system. I have saved lots of money from cables I bought.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:50am On Feb 14
chairmanawe:
Good morning Saydfact and other gurus in the house. I have a completed building like dis of whick the ground floor is low. Is there any remedy or reinforcement that can be done?

Morning Sir,

Has it been roofed? - can you share pics?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:52am On Feb 14
money121:
Learn how to refund money back to client if he or she is not ready to add to it, reason why i keep surviving in this roofing Business kogba Kodija i can't count countless of Millions have refund back, i don't force it👌🏾💯

Have an ongoing new project that is turnkey minus certain items I had purchased months back , wires , pop boards, acs , tiles . My contractor is already complaining grin His wahala . Am beginning to like this no stress approach to projects grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 12:03pm On Feb 14
diordaves:

WELL!
The bolded is wrong - but I don't want to make it about me vs you.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 12:06pm On Feb 14
folmus:

Wisdom is replete in this for those who understand the system. I have saved lots of money from cables I bought.

Am always amazed at people that wait or procrastinate when it comes to anything that has to do with purchases in Nigeria grin grin grin, once you have the money buy , even if it’s to keep at the trusted seller place with his permission . except your income is in fcy . Nothing has ever taken me by surprise in Nigeria in the last decade when it comes to such things

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:55pm On Feb 14
rmx:

Have an ongoing new project that is turnkey minus certain items I had purchased months back , wires , pop boards, acs , tiles . My contractor is already complaining grin His wahala . Am beginning to like this no stress approach to projects grin grin grin

Way to go sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:48pm On Feb 14
Cctv cameras installations done!!

Nice and neat!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iriruaga100(m): 5:13pm On Feb 14
@money121, what is the current price of 0.45 gauge long span aluminum sheet?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:34pm On Feb 14
Iriruaga100:
@money121, what is the current price of 0.45 gauge long span aluminum sheet?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14
Yes sir. Even plastered
saydfact:

Morning Sir,

Has it been roofed? - can you share pics?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:40pm On Feb 14
BRAND NEW 1500W 12V HYBRID INVERTER AVAILABLE!!

Vmn Power 1500w 12v pure sine wave inverter

Features:
- Built-in 30a solar charge regulator.
- 64-bits DSP Intelligent control chipset.
- LCD display with multi-function Built-in automatic - AC charger and automatic AC mains switcher.
- 140-275vac super wide input voltage range.
- 3000w surge capacity, continuous stable pure sine wave output, can be applied to any electrical equipment.
- High efficiency Intelligent battery management,prolonging the service life of battery.
- Multi-protection like low battery, overload, short circuit, over temperature ..

Price: N160,000

Product warranty: 12 months

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:12pm On Feb 14
money121:
Learn how to refund money back to client if he or she is not ready to add to it, reason why i keep surviving in this roofing Business kogba Kodija i can't count countless of Millions have refund back, i don't force it👌🏾💯

I said it here some weeks back that it’s not every project I quoted and charged with materials this time, some people thought I’m too proud, No No No bcs I can’t be explaining every time about increments every now and then .. o wrong now.

Just like STEEL ROOFING am doing now on one of my ongoing project Only STEEL cost me about 13M.
If you no get money no try steel roof ooo

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:02am On Feb 15
chairmanawe:
Yes sir. Even plastered

Send pics pls
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donAlvan: 6:22am On Feb 15
✅️ IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR QUALITY LOOK NO FURTHER ✅

📞 CALL OR WHATS APP CELEBRITY SAND AND GRANITE SUPPLIER ON. 08037136667

💥 WE SUPPLY💥 TO ANY LOCATION 
       🟡 GRAVEL.
       🟡 PLASTERING SAND.
       🟡 SHARP SAND.
       🟡 FILLING SAND
       🟡 TOP SOIL
       🟡 GRANITE
       🟡 STONEBASE
       🟡 SALT FREE SAND.
       🟡 WE HAVE 30 20 &10TONS.              TRUCK FOR PROMPT DELIVERY
       🟡SITE EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR HIRE.

💥 OUR DELIVERY  AND QUALITY  TOP NOTCH 💥

📍TRANSPORTATION COST DEPENDS ON LOCATION AND QUANTITY.

🔴CASH ON DELIVERY ALSO AVAILABLE

✅️we also offer site management  services.

WE PROPERLY MOBILIZED WE CAN MOVE TO ANY LOCATION IN THE COUNTRY AND DELIVER.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 6:50am On Feb 15
I ll sir whenever it is available
saydfact:

Send pics pls
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15
Quality Artificial Grass available in bundles and per sqm.

We sell and install Artificial Grass.

10mm 3500
15mm 3900
20mm 5200
25mm 5400

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 1:24pm On Feb 15
Winniealfred1:
Update on how it is going. Any advice on this? Meanwhile i wanted to add piller. I was waiting for their quotation but never knew they have already started the foundation already. The house is currently being built in the village in Oyo state with very dry land. Infact the town is known for having rock everywhere. The bricklayer complained about how strong the ground was and how it took them weeks to be able to dig the ground. Kindly check their work so far and tell me what i should do. Meanwhile since there is no pillar, i am thinking i should do round Lintel or what do you think? It is a bungalow. Need advice.

Just looked at this pics again, the possibility of the circled (see pics) collapsing during filling is high... almost certain.

You need columns and a ground beam to be double sure of safety and prevent loss of funds.

read my article >> https://www.nairaland.com/5002180/what-did-he-wrong-why
building belongs to a Nairalander also.

Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) (3620) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.