Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384015 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3626) (3627) (3628) (3629) (3630) (3631) (3632) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:18pm On Mar 02
redgem:

Okay Sir....please if you have an order again in Benin, let me know... Cos of the cost of transportation, if I can share cost with them, I'd appreciate it. If I can pay down and it's okay with you, let me know...
Is better you booked down becos is likely we av another goods coming to benin on monday
Budget 60k for attachment
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 3:12am On Mar 03
money121:

Is better you booked down becos is likely we av another goods coming to benin on monday
Budget 60k for attachment

Okay, will send you the quotation on whatsapp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 11:46am On Mar 03
Happy Sunday to all of you. Please send me a PM with your building construction plans and project management.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Joythah(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03
Good Afternoon
Pls I'm planning to do a POP ceiling for a 3 bedroom flat and 2 one bedroom flat.
The POP guy that came to do measurement told me that the woodwork was done for ceiling so I'll have to pay extra to turn it to POP
Pls how correct is this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BusterG: 12:57pm On Mar 03
please if you know any RELIABLE bricklayer specifically at Atan Ota (close to the Police Station), kindly mention me with his number. His services is needed. he must be residing in Atan. thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:08pm On Mar 03
Joythah:
Good Afternoon
Pls I'm planning to do a POP ceiling for a 3 bedroom flat and 2 one bedroom flat.
The POP guy that came to do measurement told me that the woodwork was done for ceiling so I'll have to pay extra to turn it to POP
Pls how correct is this?

Send the pictures letโ€™s see
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:10pm On Mar 03
We will be in Owerri this week

For some electrical and solar installations

12.5kw lithium
5kva growatt inverter
660watts all new Canadian panels

Letโ€™s talk

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03
twinskenny:
We will be in Owerri this week

For some electrical and solar installations

12.5kw lithium
5kva growatt inverter
660watts all new Canadian panels

Letโ€™s talk

Welldone, I am following ohhh
I hears one of these Batteries cost up to N2.5M

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:14pm On Mar 03
erico2k2:

Welldone, I am following ohhh
I hears one of these Batteries cost up to N2.5M

We Dey your neighborhood
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:58pm On Mar 03
twinskenny:

We Dey your neighborhood
I see am reach so, I don return mama Charlie country.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 6:01pm On Mar 03
saydfact:

Thanks boss.
Let's analyse it.

What makes brick more expensive.

1. Block is about 5k - 6k per m2 while brick is about 10k - 15k

2. Block has zero cost for transportation while brick could cost as much as 200k or more to transport the entire bricks needed on a 3 bedroom bungalow (about 20,000 pcs).... If you're in the same state where it's being produced or millions if its Abuja to Lagos and the project is a duplex.

3. For conduit pipes, you break blocks and plaster back, while you'll need mechanical tools and or accessories and ducts to make that possible in brick.

4. Labour for block is readily available at about N1000 per m2 while Labour for brick is scarse and more expensive (even worse if its the local home baked bricks)

5. Any error on laying blocks can be concealed with plastering, while you'll need to condemn the brick and start afresh or end up with a bad looking structure. WINK!

6. For the locally made bricks, available of clay soil is an issue....

You're right.
Brick makes the indoor cooler on hot days and makes it warmer on cold night.

We all shd be using brick in 9ja... But the cost is killing ooh... Lagos Poly started with brick at their permanent site but had to abandon the project and completed it with blocks.

I'll like to read about your research, we can learn from it also.
Thanks.

This is completely false my oga . I will Runs project soon and you will see how much it cost to do it . I will drop every details here . All in plain open

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 6:57pm On Mar 03
This is my building I was talking about that the foundation was low @ Saydfact and oda gurus in the house. My house is also the lowest point in that street. I was advised to do clay tiles. What do u think I can do too

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03
Joythah:
Good Afternoon
Pls how correct is this?

Good day sir!
Perhaps he is talking about, not enough cross wood for the Nogging (fillas tie). Even if that's the case, you only need to buy a few wood (or use wood on-site, if you have).

Send a picture of your Roof Nogging area!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:17pm On Mar 03
Dfameguy11s

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Billions123: 8:00pm On Mar 03
Hello please I have a project where I want to replicat the design of this building, it's my first one and I want to know what some of these things are called in construction terms

1. The design on the fence.
2. The design close to the parapet
3. The design around the window
4. The design on the pillar (how the pillar was moulded)
5. The design in the foot of the second image.

I'm still a noob, please help ๐Ÿ™

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itzkingtimmy(m): 8:04pm On Mar 03
Please anyone?
Itzkingtimmy:
Good evening everyone, pls someone should help me to check this quotation i got
plastering of parapet- 140k
plastering of building - 400k
plastering of fence - 250k (70x120)
german floor - 100k
5 bedroom bungalow

overcharged or okay?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:17pm On Mar 03
Itzkingtimmy:
Please anyone?
m

Whatโ€™s the measurement of the paraphet??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 8:53pm On Mar 03
Dirkcoyt:

This is completely false my oga . I will Runs project soon and you will see how much it cost to do it . I will drop every details here . All in plain open

Which part is false sir? Everything?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:37pm On Mar 03
Billions123:
Hello please I have a project where I want to replicat the design of this building, it's my first one and I want to know what some of these things are called in construction terms

1. The design on the fence.
2. The design close to the parapet
3. The design around the window
4. The design on the pillar (how the pillar was moulded)
5. The design in the foot of the second image.

I'm still a noob, please help ๐Ÿ™
what they use there is China bricks tiles

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 11:56pm On Mar 03
When a tenant by pass prepaid meter and acquire illegal bills, is there a way for NEPA to carry this bill over to the tenant if they vacate the building. I have a tenant and want to make plenty wahala with him, even if it will cost more to make the wahala. He moved out and moved into a near by apartment after acquiring illegal bills.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lovetext: 12:09am On Mar 04
Nero2424:
When a tenant by pass prepaid meter and acquire illegal bills, is there a way for NEPA to carry this bill over to the tenant is they vacate the building. I have i have a tenant and want to make plenty wahala with even if it will cost more to make the wahala. He moved out and moved into a near by apartment after acquiring illegal bills.
arrest that idiot and make him pay

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:23am On Mar 04
kopell:
AZUH welcome back, longest time. I bought in Lagos on Thursday 10,300 from my long time supplier.
10,300 for one bag or two bags . Apc has dealth with everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LordPherule(m): 5:17am On Mar 04
Pls, I need help with name and location of companies to go and be depositing payments for aluminum roofing sheets.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:31am On Mar 04
LordPherule:
Pls, I need help with name and location of companies to go and be depositing payments for aluminum roofing sheets.
If you have the space, why not be buying small small and keep until you have enough.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 6:35am On Mar 04
Nero2424:
When a tenant by pass prepaid meter and acquire illegal bills, is there a way for NEPA to carry this bill over to the tenant if they vacate the building. I have a tenant and want to make plenty wahala with him, even if it will cost more to make the wahala. He moved out and moved into a near by apartment after acquiring illegal bills.
Just report him to the nearest police station and submit a petition to the disco serving your area with your evidence.
For me, I made it mandatory for my property manager to visit all my apartments in his care every month and he must check their meters. Weโ€™ve just included the mandatory quarterly inspection of the apartments to our policy. This is because the 10% they paid as caution charges will no longer be enough to fix any significant damage.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:14am On Mar 04
chairmanawe:
This is my building I was talking about that the foundation was low @ Saydfact and oda gurus in the house. My house is also the lowest point in that street. I was advised to do clay tiles. What do u think I can do too

Morning sir,
if most of the water comes from the road (where the man stood to take the pics), then construct a gutter (about 600mm deep) on this side of the building we're seeing and channel the water into a shallow well (dig a well, of about 3 rings on the left side).

This should solve the problem.

IF the water comes from the right also, then repeat on that side too (ditto for the four sides).

Keep me updated.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:17am On Mar 04
Dirkcoyt:

Thanks.... wld be interesting.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 8:33am On Mar 04
Ok sir. Thk u sir
saydfact:

Morning sir,
if most of the water comes from the road (where the man stood to take the pics), then construct a gutter (about 600mm deep) on this side of the building we're seeing and channel the water into a shallow well (dig a well, of about 3 rings on the left side).

This should solve the problem.

IF the water comes from the right also, then repeat on that side too (ditto for the four sides).

Keep me updated.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oyetunde49: 9:50am On Mar 04
2 by 4 - 300 pieces
1 by 10 - 26 pieces
3 by 4 - 16 pieces
2 by 3- 260 pieces
2 by 6- 10 pieces

Please if you sell good woods around ifo, ijoko or sango. You can drop your prices and number. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:47am On Mar 04
Quality neatness

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipgarza31: 12:00pm On Mar 04
topsy23:
Quality neatness

boss, dollar has dropped, but you have yet to inform us that cable manufacturers have met to discuss price reductions. What takes you so long? ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿซ 

You have this document that you like to add to the posts all the time ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:08pm On Mar 04
Philipgarza31:

boss, dollar has dropped, but you have yet to inform us that cable manufacturers have met to discuss price reductions. What takes you so long? ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿซ 

You have this document that you like to add to the posts all the time ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Rule number 1.. whatever goes up in Nigeria never come down

Rule number 2. Same as rule number one above

(1) (2) (3) ... (3626) (3627) (3628) (3629) (3630) (3631) (3632) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Billions123, Stopthecap, Gharnew112(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.