Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4374948 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3641) (3642) (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:38am On Mar 29
Happy Good Friday from all of us at New Pace Services

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 5:06pm On Mar 29
Please house, what do you think about this tank sitting on the iron like this? Will there be leakage sometimes later? Or it's all good as it is? Just wondering 🤔

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:12pm On Mar 29
Olumighty123:
Please house, what do you think about this tank sitting on the iron like this? Will there be leakage sometimes later? Or it's all good as it is? Just wondering 🤔

The bottom need to be protected with wooden plank to avoid future story

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 7:03pm On Mar 29
Studentcosmos:
Who has an idea on the amount it costs to get a red copy registered survey in Ibadan?

Around 200k depending on size and location of the land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 7:05pm On Mar 29
Dijita:

Thank you for the link. I already read the information. I am looking for someone with the knowledge of how to investigate and determine legitimacy. I want to buy the land from real estate developer. They provided me with the survey. However I wanted to be sure it is not a government land or land that had been sold to others

Ask the estate company what title do they have on the land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:06pm On Mar 29
Olumighty123:
for the durability of your tank, place a sheet of pan below. It's very important

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Studentcosmos(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29
Thank you. Didn't know it's gone up this high....was expecting 100k -150k.

SurveyorGeo:

Around 200k depending on size and location of the land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 12:04am On Mar 30
VanuatuWycombe:

8k per bag in Lagos, as of yesterday 25th of March 2024.
Note: bulk purchases only.

Ok thank sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Skypeaceconsult: 4:43am On Mar 30
Good Morning All.... Please dealers confirm this prices for me.
They said 4" green pipe thick is #5,000 while the 4" black one is #3,200. What's the difference? And which one is preferable

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 7:03am On Mar 30
Na old brain cos my brother did this around 2007 but if you have the survey and you are in Lagos just go to Alausa I thing Surveyor General office and they will chart it for you. For us it was about 10k tip for 2 plots. In 2 different locations.

Often times the fraud is committed at the survey stage so make sure this is really correct for the plot you are buying.

Dijita:

Thank you for the link. I already read the information. I am looking for someone with the knowledge of how to investigate and determine legitimacy. I want to buy the land from real estate developer. They provided me with the survey. However I wanted to be sure it is not a government land or land that had been sold to others
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aieromon(m): 8:28am On Mar 30
Skypeaceconsult:
Good Morning All.... Please dealers confirm this prices for me.
They said 4" green pipe thick is #5,000 while the 4" black one is #3,200. What's the difference? And which one is preferable

The black should be PVC.

Use green PPR pipes for peace of mind.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 8:34am On Mar 30
Hello goodmorning house who can recommend a good architect that can give me a modern drawing for a mordern, portable sized three bedroom duplex.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 10:44am On Mar 30
Mup4life:
Hello goodmorning house who can recommend a good architect that can give me a modern drawing for a mordern, portable sized three bedroom duplex.
Available
0 -81 - 6989 - 7915

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arisetech: 11:24am On Mar 30
Arisetech:
Hello house. Please what is the current labour cost for layering of blocks with the hike in the prices of materials. I was out of the project for sometime. Anyone to help with the info so I do my costing right.
Goodmorning.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 1:19pm On Mar 30
Studentcosmos:
Thank you. Didn't know it's gone up this high....was expecting 100k -150k.

Yes sir, the price in Lagos and Oyo State was increased In January 2024,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 1:25pm On Mar 30
gabbytabby:
Na old brain cos my brother did this around 2007 but if you have the survey and you are in Lagos just go to Alausa I thing Surveyor General office and they will chart it for you. For us it was about 10k tip for 2 plots. In 2 different locations.

Often times the fraud is committed at the survey stage so make sure this is really correct for the plot you are buying.

Most times their survey plan cannot be trusted, they can fly coordinates (manipulate the coordinates )
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:45pm On Mar 30
SurveyorGeo:

Most times their survey plan cannot be trusted, they can fly coordinates (manipulate the coordinates )
Hoo ga ooo, who do we trust now, are you saying surveyor general office staffs flying coordinates to aid the criminers to succeed in defraud potential buyers?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:39pm On Mar 30
kopell:
Hoo ga ooo, who do we trust now, are you saying surveyor general office staffs flying coordinates to aid the criminers to succeed in defraud potential buyers?

I don’t think that is what he meant. It seems he was talking about some estate company survey plan not being accurate. That is, they put fictitious coordinates on the paper while the piece of land is acutely having something else.
I guess the solution would be to seek a surveyor who goes with the client to the said land, and matches it with what they have on the plan. Then proceed to Alausa for verification.

However, from a layman’s perspective, I would assume one does not need much to verify accuracy of coordinates. As preliminary, Just the compass on smart phone should tell you the exact coordinates on any location in degrees and minutes NE. Most SW lands in Nigeria fall within UTM31. Then, compare those with the survey plan before going for verification.
In addition, the length and width on the boundaries should be consistent, use that to determine the square meters by yourself. Look for the beacons and match the inscriptions on all ends. Little details like the receipt for purchase of beacons is import too. The starting beacon, should have the lowest number among them. Check dates of actual survey done and the date on land registration receipt from the government office ( should not be more than two months) .
If you have the time, visit the registered surveyor that did the original work at the office address to have coffee with them. Check land marks . Compare owner names, check spellings and ask for ID cards.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Boldez37: 3:03pm On Mar 30
Boldez37:
Mixed-use acre of Land (6plots) in New Ife road Ibadan. Perfect for Residential and Commercial uses available for sale.

No split buy.

Close proximity to Gbagi market, Ibadan Airport, Nigeria brewery, Iwo road, etc
Easy access link to multi interstate highway for transport/ travel.

Title - C OF O and comes with approved building plans.
Offer Price- #24M.
Kindly contact on +447424999475 (WhatsApp call / text ONLY).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 4:24pm On Mar 30
sonnie10:

I don’t think that is what he meant. It seems he was talking about some estate company survey plan not being accurate. That is, they put fictitious coordinates on the paper while the piece of land is acutely having something else.
I guess the solution would be to seek a surveyor who goes with the client to the said land, and matches it with what they have on the plan. Then proceed to Alausa for verification.

However, from a layman’s perspective, I would assume one does not need much to verify accuracy of coordinates. As preliminary, Just the compass on smart phone should tell you the exact coordinates on any location in degrees and minutes NE. Then, compare those with the survey plan before going for verification.
In addition, the length and width on the boundaries should be consistent, use that to determine the square meters by yourself. Look for the beacons and match the inscriptions on all ends. Check dates of actual survey done and the date on land registration receipt from the government office ( should not be more than two months) .
If you have the time, visit the registered surveyor that did the original work at the office address to have coffee with them. Check land marks . Compare owner names, check spellings and ask for ID cards.
I don't think a compass can give exact coordinates boss. It can only tell direction, however coordinates have to do with an exact location of any point on the surface of the earth, which should require both direction and distance from a reference point.

Google map or other GPS services should be able to tell exact coordinates though, but this usually comes in terms of longitude and latitude which may not be the language used in survey plans.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:38pm On Mar 30
Rany4all:
I don't think a compass can give exact coordinates boss. It can only tell direction, however coordinates have to do with an exact location of any point on the surface of the earth, which should require both direction and distance from a reference point.

Google map or other GPS services should be able to tell exact coordinates though, but this usually comes in terms of longitude and latitude which may not be the language used in survey plans.
There is a standard in term of language used . The coordinates are presented in degrees and minutes with reference to a starting point of true NORTH and EAST.
The compass on smart phone are even more accurate because it goes to the seconds unit, which are considered irrelevant small unit and not even included on most survey plans.
Once you can locate the starting beacon by the lowest number, use that as your reference point.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 4:57pm On Mar 30
sonnie10:

There is a standard in term of language used . The coordinates are presented in degrees and minutes with reference to a starting point of true NORTH and EAST.
The compass on smart phone are even more accurate because it goes to the seconds unit, which are considered irrelevant small unit and not even included on most survey plans.
Once you can locate the starting beacon by the lowest number, use that as your reference point.
Yeah I know that, but the compass still doesn't tell you distance from one point to another. Degree, minutes and seconds just represents measurement of direction from the reference point without specifying distance. Without distance, it is practically impossible to locate the other beacons.

Edit:
The starting point on a survey plan is even depicted by the units mN (meters North) and mE (meters East), with shows clearly that distance and direction are both needed.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:16pm On Mar 30
Rany4all:
Yeah I know that, but the compass still doesn't tell you distance from one point to another. Degree, minutes and seconds just represents measurement of direction from the reference point without specifying distance. Without distance, it is practically impossible to locate the other beacons.

Edit:
The starting point on a survey plan is even depicted by the units mN (meters North) and mE (meters East), with shows clearly that distance and direction are both needed.
All you need for distance is either a thread, line yard or measure it directly using a tape. Most buyers would not have such long tapes used by professionals. Just put a little stick peg on the four corners of the actual land you are interested in buying, used line yard ( twine) to obtain your measurement, then go home and do measure it out with a simple meter rule.
Your smart phone also has a length measurement app.

For the beacons, all you need to locate them is a set of good eyes. This is because they are already on the surveyed land. All surveyed land must have beacons. One without beacons is a big red flag.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rukyboy(m): 5:25pm On Mar 30
Can anyone give me the cost of screeding per m2

Labour only

And with materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:37pm On Mar 30
sonnie10:

All you need for distance is either a thread, line yard or measure it directly using a tape. Most buyers would not have such long tapes used by professionals. Just put a little stick peg on the four corners of the actual land you are interested in buying, used line yard ( twine) to obtain your measurement, then go home and do measure it out with a simple meter rule.
Your smart phone all has a length measurement app.
Ok, I think you get my point now that you need more than just a compass to get exact coordinates. But then again, how do you locate the first/starting beacon with a compass and tape? grin

For the beacons, all you need to locate them is a set of good eyes. This is because they are already on the surveyed land. All surveyed land must have beacons.
That would be quite a difficult task on a large piece of bushy plot though... speaking from experience grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:46pm On Mar 30
Rany4all:
Ok, I think you get my point now that you need more than just a compass to get exact coordinates. But then again, how do you locate the first/starting beacon with a compass and tape? grin

That would be quite a difficult task on a large piece of bushy plot though... speaking from experience grin

I was writing based on the assumption that everyone with primary 4 education knows how to measure length and width of an area.

Secondly. Within the context of this discussion. We would assume the land has existing beacons. If so, the compass on your smart phone can lead your directly to those spots without “beating about the bush” and as long as you follow the directions of a true coordinate from the survey plan.
For instance, if one coordinate says 28 degree 45 minutes and has 30 meters length on that side. Follows NE on that coordinate for 30 meters, that is where the beacon would be found.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Architectsly: 5:51pm On Mar 30
Mup4life:

If u don't mind I would recommend our firm. Alot of people here have engage us in the past and we never disappoint.

Below are few modern three bedroom design. U can message us on the WhatsApp number on the any of the pictures

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:56pm On Mar 30
sonnie10:

I was writing based on the assumption that everyone with primary 4 education knows how to measure length and width of an area.

Secondly. Within the context of this discussion. We would assume the land has existing beacons. If so, the compass on your smart phone can lead your directly to those spots without “beating about the bush” and as long as you follow the directions of a true coordinate from the survey plan.
For instance, if one coordinate says 28 degree 45 minutes and has 30 meters length on that side. Follows NE on that coordinate for 30 meters, that is where the beacon would be found.
No wahala boss, I get your drift.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Architectsly: 6:08pm On Mar 30
Hello Nairalanders,
Happy Ramadan and Easter Holiday to everyone here, trust we all doing good.
Below is our latest project of a four bedroom contemporary duplex design that was started from foundation and completed with finishing all in 70days. Night work wasn't left out.

Note all preparations for materials till finishes was readily made available upon commencement of the project.
For more inquiries on this our latest project, u can contact us on 081 three, six, seven, four 1238

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Architectsly: 6:11pm On Mar 30
More Views

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 6:15pm On Mar 30
kopell:

I don't mean the staff of the office of the Surveyor General, I meant the estate company.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FessBarron: 6:47pm On Mar 30
rukyboy:
Can anyone give me the cost of screeding per m2

Labour only

And with materials
The cost of Screeding a building ranges from #800 to #1,500 depending on the following factors. Nature of surface or wall to be screeded, Nature of materials. Putty or black cement Screeding.
For more details you can reach me on 09135958031. Both call and Whatsapp.
Note: I am into interior decorating: Screeding, painting, stucco and tylorean

(1) (2) (3) ... (3641) (3642) (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Biztech02 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.