Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378126 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) (3650) (3651) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by VanuatuWycombe: 5:46pm On Apr 05
PrimeQuay:

Lagos...Lekki

Please can I get the address of the shop or the shop’s phone number?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bismarck1759(m): 8:21pm On Apr 05
We are available to give you the best

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hycon(m): 11:41pm On Apr 05
Any idea for the price of stonedust blocks?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paleegee(m): 9:03am On Apr 06
You looking for a good and experienced Building Contractor, that you can trust with you building project ( Renovations, restructuring, or planing on building a new house/ Mansion, drainage, road etc. we are available for you, contact call or WhatsApps app on 08101405879.
TYC construction.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paleegee(m): 9:26am On Apr 06
Hycon:
Any idea for the price of stonedust blocks?
700 in my location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rawgold300: 2:41pm On Apr 06
I have waited for this long to exposed the fraudulent activity being perpetrated by SEGCYMOOR .

As i have done in the past with other criminally minded contractor like Brickdevo, my main objective was to expose these criminal elements on Nairaland so as for others not to fall victim to these bastards.

I gave SEGCYMOOR { a.k.a MOORE} building contract in 2022 to construct for me. I had a sound rapport with him from the beginning of the construction, am sure other people that i sub-contract to on here can attest to that fact ( because they warned against overly trusting this guy). The problem between us started from the roofing stage and modification done on the building without my say so. Moore suggested to me that the roofing design on the architectural drawing should be changed so as to forestall roof leakages in the future and i accepted his suggestion with promise from him to use the difference in the roof work to do part of my fencing work.

Just for context purpose , the building carcass was finished around February 2023 but our agreement on using my other balance to carry out other job has not seen the light of days up till now.

Apart from aforementioned problems, he neglected some block work in the building with other related issues which i had to do on my own. I paid this lunatics every penny we agreed on but he refused to refund me of my money claiming financial difficulties in Nigeria.

The roofing he did was not even properly done and he recently sent someone to look at it .. but that one brought few nails and other stuff s and it was obvious to naked eyes that the job was not properly executed .

The Aluminium was not done to our agreed specification. All his shady dealing were just coming to light now, someone on here informed me of his bad dealing which I wasn’t privy to till date though . Another notable member here can also attest to shitty block work done.

I know some of you contractors here works in unison and you might want to come and ridicule what transpired between us but am ready for you lot.

SEGCYMOOR Omo ole …be ready for me, i will definitely teach you a lesson you will not forget in a hurry.

Just say you know, my end of the month ultimatum still stands if at that point you choose not do the needful then your image will be totally shattered in few of the dailies in Nigeria before we now meet in person.

Man you are so bleeped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 4:36pm On Apr 06
We build bespoke swimming pools.
Call 08123275855

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:26pm On Apr 06
Add quality to your building surface

Buy direct from the company

We deliver to your doorstep nationwide

Call/Whatsapp:08163862804

Get value for your money...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 12:28am On Apr 07
We are available for your job

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:41am On Apr 07
To all builders(Home owners) at this period, you guys are the real BOSS na oga una be...

More grace in Jesus name...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:43am On Apr 07
Rawgold300:
I have waited for this long to exposed the fraudulent activity being perpetrated by SEGCYMOOR .

As i have done in the past with other criminally minded contractor like Brickdevo, my main objective was to expose these criminal elements on Nairaland so as for others not to fall victim to these bastards.

I gave SEGCYMOOR { a.k.a MOORE} building contract in 2022 to construct for me. I had a sound rapport with him from the beginning of the construction, am sure other people that i sub-contract to on here can attest to that fact ( because they warned against overly trusting this guy). The problem between us started from the roofing stage and modification done on the building without my say so. Moore suggested to me that the roofing design on the architectural drawing should be changed so as to forestall roof leakages in the future and i accepted his suggestion with promise from him to use the difference in the roof work to do part of my fencing work.

Just for context purpose , the building carcass was finished around February 2023 but our agreement on using my other balance to carry out other job has not seen the light of days up till now.

Apart from aforementioned problems, he neglected some block work in the building with other related issues which i had to do on my own. I paid this lunatics every penny we agreed on but he refused to refund me of my money claiming financial difficulties in Nigeria.

The roofing he did was not even properly done and he recently sent someone to look at it .. but that one brought few nails and other stuff s and it was obvious to naked eyes that the job was not properly executed .

The Aluminium was not done to our agreed specification. All his shady dealing were just coming to light now, someone on here informed me of his bad dealing which I wasn’t privy to till date though . Another notable member here can also attest to shitty block work done.

I know some of you contractors here works in unison and you might want to come and ridicule what transpired between us but am ready for you lot.

SEGCYMOOR Omo ole …be ready for me, i will definitely teach you a lesson you will not forget in a hurry.

Just say you know, my end of the month ultimatum still stands if at that point you choose not do the needful then your image will be totally shattered in few of the dailies in Nigeria before we now meet in person.

Man you are so bleeped.
Sorry to hear about the situation with your project. May wisdom from all parties prevail.
Building a house from scratch is a big headache. If time is not taken, you end up having too many enemies for something that is supposed to be of joy.
Anyway, it might be too late now for this my contribution. However, for those just starting, let your contract end on the carcass stage without roofing. This contractors cannot be jack of all trade.
From there, get individual contractors to handle other milestones.
When you give these small builders everything to do, that is where the problem begins. One that does not know the little details and cost of a particular aspect would have their hands soiled due to greed or in most cases, ignorance. Nigeria situation does not even help matters.
It breaks my heart when these contractions work so hard at the beginning but ends up like the rest.
At the end of the day, it is the client’s money that is affected.
I will conclude with an advice someone gave me. He said, building a house is a journey, you will meet all sorts along the way.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:22am On Apr 07
[
sonnie10:
Sorry to hear about the situation with your project. May wisdom from all parties prevail.
Building a house from scratch is a big headache. If time is not taken, you end up having too many enemies for something that is supposed to be of joy.
[b][/b]Anyway, it might be too late now for this my contribution. However, for those just starting, let your contract end on the carcass stage without roofing. This contractors cannot be jack of all trade.
From there, get individual contractors to handle other milestones. [b]

When you give these small builders everything to do, that is where the problem begins. One that does not know the little details and cost of a particular aspect would have their hands soiled due to greed or in most cases, ignorance. Nigeria situation does not even help matters.
It breaks my heart when these contractions work so hard at the beginning but ends up like the rest.
I will conclude with an advice someone gave me. He said, building a house is a journey, you will meet all sorts along the way.

I keep saying this but most home owner won’t listen until they get burnt!

The same Engr is an electrician, plumber, painter , pop installer, etc how won’t they mess up…

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rawgold300: 8:14am On Apr 07
sonnie10:
Anyway, it might be too late now for this my contribution. However, for those just starting, let your contract end on the carcass stage without roofing. This contractors cannot be jack of all trade.
From there, get individual contractors to handle other milestones.

Thank you for your honest comment and candid advice to those planning to have their own projects.

The truth of the matter is that i shared part of the blame for wholeheartedly trusting this guy . I shouldn’t have done things the way i went about it , anyway lesson learnt. Am just here to inform others to be careful dealing with majority of these criminals on here that parade themselves as contractors. I’ve seriously had dealing with handful of them. They cannot be trusted at all

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rawgold300: 8:22am On Apr 07
[quote author=bolu1986 post=129306868][b][

I keep saying this but most home owner won’t listen until they get burnt!

The same Engr is an electrician, plumber, painter , pop installer, etc how won’t they mess up…

You are also right but the aim was for these people to give the contract to suitable tradesmen.

He sent someone after over a year to look at the job this week and shoddy job was carried out..Why we worship money in this country still baffled me. You wanna trampled on another person so you can rise . It is disheartening to see us behave like animals, if i was the one owning this guy he would have gone around to disparage me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decatalyst(m): 11:05am On Apr 07
House, please assist to verify the list below for the plastering of standard 3 bedroom flat en suite. There is one visitor's toilet.

2 load (double) of gravel for flooring
25 bags of cement
Workmanship #100k

4 loads (double) of sand
70bags of Cement
Workmanship 250k

Plastering of fence (100x50)
35 bags of Cement
Workmanship 150k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:07am On Apr 07
Delivered on Friday..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:42am On Apr 07
1Teethosin:

Waw .. wasn't expecting a detailed breakdown like this. Thank you and God bless you. May I have your contact?

Thanks.
You're welcome.

Contact is in my signature...
O9o34703o89
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:56am On Apr 07
decatalyst:
House, please assist to verify the list below for the plastering of standard 3 bedroom flat en suite. There is one visitor's toilet.

2 load (double) of gravel for flooring
25 bags of cement
Workmanship #100k

4 loads (double) of sand
70bags of Cement
Workmanship 250k

Plastering of fence (100x50)
35 bags of Cement
Workmanship 150k

Not expensive.... Negotiate and proceed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:58am On Apr 07
Rawgold300:

Man you are so bleeped.

SEGCYMOOR kindly take a 2nd look at all the works you did and remedy them were needed.

Client satisfaction shd always be a priority before profit..

Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 12:18pm On Apr 07
We are available for your pop, wall screeding, tv console, artwork, wall divider

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decatalyst(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07
saydfact:

Not expensive.... Negotiate and proceed.

Thank you for your feedback.

On what can I negotiate?

Just labour or the number of Cements?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decatalyst(m): 12:43pm On Apr 07
folmus:

It's currently 6500 in our axis.

I have been saying it we are going back to 5000 in coming days. If you like don't sell your cement quickly now. Your case will be like those Arise folks wey dey predict 2k for a dollar and put lot of speculators into gbese.

Transportation to get it down to Ibadan is also an issue sha.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 1:31pm On Apr 07
Looking for someone who can do kitchen cabinets and wardrobes... Ikorodu area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rawgold300: 1:33pm On Apr 07
saydfact:

SEGCYMOOR kindly take a 2nd look at all the works you did and remedy them were needed.

Goodluck

Thanks my Oga… Is not in them to do what you asking of them..They are in the business to duped their customer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 2:28pm On Apr 07
Contact me:

09090040008, 08066377733
OX Multiservices (OX Furniture).

ladyteeks:
Looking for someone who can do kitchen cabinets and wardrobes... Ikorodu area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 2:54pm On Apr 07
Still ur favorite artwork designer, contact me via 08165523784.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 2:56pm On Apr 07
@Saydfact,pls which town or city do u reside. I want to confirm if it is close to me. I reside in Offa, Kwara State
saydfact:

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 4:44pm On Apr 07
Which is better both in aesthetic and durability Concrete flooring, stamped concrete, interlocking stones, tiles, colored stones? And also been looking for nice art work for fence but I've not seen anyone of interest... Please ideas are much appreciated 🙏🙏🙏

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 5:52pm On Apr 07
Pls do anyone know where I can rent compacting machine in Auchipls let me know
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07
On-Site vibrated concrete block moulding...
One bag is 5200
6"block in a bag of cement 50-60blocks
9"Block in a bag of cement 30-40blocks
You provide Materials,Water and enough Space. Minimum Order is 200bags
Dm! ... My crews deliver fastly pass 2min Man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) (3650) (3651) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ade4dayo70(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.