Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4422433 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (3673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
ugo99:
Yes
If you have a person abeg send am to me.
Contact James:08062901418

-------just tell him from MOORE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
I may be able to help but I dont know how i can because i am not a builder, I may be able to give you prices for tiling per sqm which is widely available anyway, prices of electrical stuff and toilet fittings. Then again, taste can be different so might be better if one of the more experienced builders give you an idea.

Do you have an idea of the space area ?

Demainman1:

Please tell me more. Will I spend more? It's only a BQ. I don't intend to do the compound with interlock yet.

Can somebody break down the cost for the stages listed pls. At least that is what this thread is supposed to be for until we had the derailment attempt.

Work remaining:

1. Plastering
2. Windows (12 big, 4 small)
3. Electrical and plumbing (4 toilets)
4. Tiling
5. Ceiling
6. Painting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
mavverick:
I may be able to help but I dont know how i can because i am not a builder, I may be able to give you prices for tiling per sqm which is widely available anyway, prices of electrical stuff and toilet fittings. Then again, taste can be different so might be better if one of the more experienced builders give you an idea.

Area is 16.5 x 7 =115sqm

I hope to share the final cost of the project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
I quietly watched the drama unfold on this thread. Suffice it to say that it is utterly disappointing to discover that some of us may not have been who or what they had represented themselves to be. Not a problem, that can be expected in any gathering of human species.

Here in the diaspora, i am well equiped to execute my modest projects. My presence on this thread is to learn new ways to do things in Nigeria. As it stands, while i have gained some insight on this thread, the innuendo and accusations flying about completely destroy confidences and credibility.

It will appear that there exists a conflicting interest among folks who know and understand themselves and we are the "mugus".

I would've suggested or opened an alternative thread to continue the learning process and exchange of ideas and knowledge we had hirtherto enjoyed on this thread, but i am positive the drama will also find its way there.

While i agree that nefarious charachters among us have no place here, the continued flacks and counter accusations have left this thread comatose, even dead.

How about a new thread with the caption "Fraudsters and shysters in property section"?. All the revelations, ego mongering and personal mudslinging can be sorted on there while we get on with learning and building on this thread.

Ai or Nay?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
P3ST:
My people, dont be deceived. Egunmogaji is the same t3stm3 check this two threads to confirm

https://www.nairaland.com/2686674/n10000-reward-me-find-friend. By Egunmogaji

https://www.nairaland.com/3150122/please-me-find-childhood-friend. By t3stm3

Don't be surprised when u see "likes" on their meaningless post, they use their alt to like their post, insult ppl and ask question anonymously from ppl they insult..

Same with 3strikes. He is the same sensegiver happykay and the one he is using to advertise his ajah house for rent(I forget the name) and lot more.

we will take you serious after u defend this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
ottersberger:
I quietly watched the drama unfold on this thread. Suffice it to say that it is utterly disappointing to discover that some of us may not have been who or what they had represented themselves to be. Not a problem, that can be expected in any gathering of human species.

Here in the diaspora, i am well equiped to execute my modest projects. My presence on this thread is to learn new ways to do things in Nigeria. As it stands, while i have gained some insight on this thread, the innuendo and accusations flying about completely destroy confidences and credibility.

It will appear that there exists a conflicting interest among folks who know and understand themselves and we are the "mugus".

I would've suggested or opened an alternative thread to continue the learning process and exchange of ideas and knowledge we had hirtherto enjoyed on this thread, but i am positive the drama will also find its way there.

While i agree that nefarious charachters among us have no place here, the continued flacks and counter accusations have left this thread comatose, even dead.

How about a new thread with the caption "Fraudsters and shysters in property section"?. All the revelations, ego mongering and personal mudslinging can be sorted on there while we get on with learning and building on this thread.

Ai or Nay?

Personally, my opinion is that it's uneccesary.

As one of the earlier defaulters I own my own part of the dance. Going forward I intend to just ignore anything/anyone of zero interest to me. After all when I'm out for a walk and a dog is barking at me, I don't stop and bark back at the dog. So I'll use the same concept.

I'm still amazed at the writeup that you did on BRExit, fantastic piece.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
nextstep:
So I'm looking for someone to build a garden pond... 40ft by 40ft and 6-8ft deep. We're going to be storing a few (about 75 thousand) gallons of water. If you've had some experience or know someone, please let me know...
where is d location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
ottersberger:

Ai or Nay?
destruction11:
Take your STVPIDITY out from this thread is what we want.

Brabuss created a thread last year for you f00l$ screaming his name on this thread daily. https://www.nairaland.com/2690865/nexthome-official-complaint-thread
Go to that thread and fight him there.

Oga mufu created same thread for you F00l$ as well.
https://www.nairaland.com/3038050/review-bash-praise-clients-builders

What else do you want? You think is everybody that Will be sensel3ss like you guys? I should join sick ppl and that calling him a fraudster when he didnt steal a penny from me? You think i will join your team of hypocrites? NO!.

In other news, i think 3strikes is been sent here by one of the builders here to attack brabuss everyday cos you will never see him make any good contribution than to start brabuss matter. He has almost 100 accounts he is using alone to attack him and insult ppl. The brabuss u are trying to bring down is still getting his job off Nl (and I also pray he (brabus) will change his way for Good and amend his errors and weakness) and that's if he will listen undecided

You guys call him fraudster and quack yet you read his lines everyday and our brother egunmogaji had to create a new account to ask him questions( the same quack).

You know his office and house and you cant take efcc or police there to arrest him for fraud but u can come online , wail and derail this thread on his matter. S3nsel3ss ediots.

Sorry! I can't join your crew cos he didn't steal from my family and I don't care about his life.

If that's why you think I am his friend, I accept that, period.

Oga mi, the answer is here already. They should take their kolomental to that two threads and leave this thread for building discussion.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2016

EgunMogaji

As one of the earlier defaulters I own my own part of the dance. Going forward I intend to just ignore anything/anyone of zero interest to me. After all when I'm out for a walk and a dog is barking at me, I don't stop and bark back at the dog. So I'll use the same concept.

So long as sanity and decorum return to this thread, we're on the same page.

Thanks for the compliment Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
nextstep:
So I'm looking for someone to build a garden pond... 40ft by 40ft and 6-8ft deep. We're going to be storing a few (about 75 thousand) gallons of water. If you've had some experience or know someone, please let me know...

One word, RichYoungRuler.

He has the demonstrated experience .

Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:

t3stm3:
Sorry people. Am I missing something? Whose pic is this? This guy cant be more than 16 years old. Is he allowed to be on a dating site?

But u came with this account to attack agarawu. Make old ppl dey lie like this. Una own pass fraudster.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
Egun welcome back. grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
3strikes:
Egun welcome back. grin

Thank you Sir.

"Egba lawa, a ore bikan. Awon to nwawa, won nriwa.

Boba wole mi dakun jowo, oun o bafe lomi aje, watun gbadun oti tio ba fe"

Alhadji Ayinla Omowura - original Egun Anigilaje grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nobody takes you guys serious again. I have dealt with both of them, expose them and make them look stvpid here. they are scared to continue and challenge my accusations.

I have done my part. cool
I am out!!!!!!!! grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
mavverick:

Please can u help with the price of tiling per sq metre?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
Request

Pls I need prices for various building materials in Port Harcourt. Cement, iron rods, Chippings, sand, woods, plumbing and electrical materials etc.

Specific location: NTA road

Pls send mail to <bosun@nexthomebuilders.com>

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
Depends on tiler.
It typically ranges from 300 - N400 per sqm
Expect to pay a separate price for staircase or anything they class as different from normal tiling.
Expect to pay a separate price for skirting

Ensure your bricklayer rough rubs the wall before tiler starts, otherwise they will charge for that.
Also, get them to measure it in front of you, this is what I did, I then put all the measurement into Excel and I do my calculations, that way nobody gets cheated and calculator will not make mistake shocked

#StampOutFraud grin
#StampOutForgery grin

danowena:

Please can u help with the price of tiling per sq metre?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
Out just now, when you ought to have been out since the weekend, and no need for all the childish outbursts which has done nothing but cause considerable noise for people who actually want to learn. Anyway, its better to be out with a Camel sha. grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:
EgunMogaji makes his triumphant return after a well-deserved ban. Again grin

Like a diligent Nigerian, I served it out dutifully without creating alternate userids.

Thanks to the Nairaland mods for giving me an opportunity to review their TOS, but Seun really needs to invest in new technologies such as ignore user filters and MAC/IP based bannings.

Anyhoos, let's return to talking about turning dirt into habitable dwellings shall we? wink
Ah welcome back
Sanity has returned as even the badies won't return on here as no more free money .
No maga .
I think seaun is working on ISP based banning for people with multiple aliases . .

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
Starting from @egunmojagi , mavverick and the rest !! Please this forum is not for EFCC or to track defaulters' if you know you where duped go to the nearest police station and report 'let peace rain !!! Please I need more pictures ' I want to start correcting my chicken legs pillers .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
AZUH:
Starting from @egunmojagi , mavverick and the rest !! Please this forum is not for EFCC or to track defaulters' if you know you where duped go to the nearest police station and report 'let peace rain !!! Please I need more pictures ' I want to start correcting my chicken legs pillers .
l think you will do well as a comedian, when l come on here to read, you crack me up with your post, contact Ali baba, Basket mouth, Ay,l go die, Gordons etc and other comedians, they will groom you and if you are serious, you will be earning millions within a short time but dont go unclad when you are on stage oo.. Lol @ chicken leg pillars cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
erico2k2:

Ah welcome back
Sanity has returned as even the badies won't return on here as ni mire free money .
No maga .
I think seaun is working on ISP based banning for people with multiple aliases . .

I learnt a good lesson on how this place works now grin

How far on your project?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
AZUH:

For the record I used to find you funny but not anymore since you're obviously another alternate userid.

Good day and good riddance, if I ever respond to you ever on NL make I bend grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:

For the record I used to find you funny but not anymore since you're obviously another alternate userid.

Good day and good riddance, if I ever respond to you ever on NL make I bend grin

My exact thoughts too.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I learnt a good lesson on how this place works now grin

How far on your project?
All good,I'm at that point where you have to sit down with a cold glass of water to read quotations grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
AZUH:
On a serious note.No one here was duped per say rather we had an issue of false representation . Ie pretending to be a male whilst they where female . Pretending to be a builder and contractor while having a different moniker as a satisfied customer in other words write or give good reviews to their other moniker to attract unsuspecting client to release funds and end up in a sorry state liken your chicken leg pillers grin grin grin.I have to make that joke how can I resist that lol .
So in a nutshell this issue is done and dusted .

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
n3xt:
Request

Pls I need prices for various building materials in Port Harcourt. Cement, iron rods, Chippings, sand, woods, plumbing and electrical materials etc.

Thank you.

My former office use to be along NTA road....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
AZUH:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
abdulwastecx:

My former office use to be along NTA road....

That's good to know. Can you be of assistance with the information required? I need current price of building materials for a multi-Dwelling project in that location.

Thanks bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
Demainman1:

Please tell me more. Will I spend more? It's only a BQ. I don't intend to do the compound with interlock yet.

Can somebody break down the cost for the stages listed pls. At least that is what this thread is supposed to be for until we had the derailment attempt.

Work remaining:

1. Plastering
2. Windows (12 big, 4 small)
3. Electrical and plumbing (4 toilets)
4. Tiling
5. Ceiling
6. Painting

What's the measurement of the areas you are tiling?
Get someone to measure it. or you can forward your floor plan to Oblinksintegrated@gmail.com .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
mavverick:
Depends on tiler.
It typically ranges from 300 - N400 per sqm
Expect to pay a separate price for staircase or anything they class as different from normal tiling.
Expect to pay a separate price for skirting

Ensure your bricklayer rough rubs the wall before tiler starts, otherwise they will charge for that.
Also, get them to measure it in front of you, this is what I did, I then put all the measurement into Excel and I do my calculations, that way nobody gets cheated and calculator will not make mistake shocked

#StampOutFraud grin
#StampOutForgery grin

400! Bros it may surprise u that their is tiler of 700!

----
Fact!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
n3xt:
Request

Thank you.
Abegi ensure u get reliable information o.
Fear gbese o angry

------
Best of luck guy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (3673) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: folmus and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.