Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,036 members, 7,838,586 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4450862 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (3680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
mufutau55:

Very good. You are getting there o.

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir.

You lead and we follow Sir. Truth is you and others that went before and showed us that we can indeed do this from "oke okun" are inspirations.

May 2017 be a year of accomplishment of all of our goals and starting new lofty goals to be attained.

In Jesus Name and In Sha Allah (order of mention does not denote superiority for Gods/Allahs sake). grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thank you Sir.
You lead and we follow Sir. Truth is you and others that went before and showed us that we can indeed do this from "oke okun" are inspirations.
May 2017 be a year of accomplishment of all of our goals and starting new lofty goals to be attained.
In Jesus Name and In Sha Allah (order of mention does not denote superiority for Gods/Allahs sake). grin

Thank you Boss. We shall all be in good standing this year 2017 with the help of God.
I hope to do more than I did last year... so that this kobo-kobo project can be put to rest and move on to others...

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Boss, i believe i was quoted #7000 and #600 to install each too. The price difference from the Old method was like #10K. With all the wahala i was going through to get them to be innovative, i settle for their old method because i felt like they dont understand or are not willing to do the Ring Method.

EgunMogaji:

Happy New Year.

It's the concrete rings that they put inside the well to stop collapse of the walls.

Similar to this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
true2home:
Boss, i believe i was quoted #7000 and #600 to install each too. The price difference from the Old method was like #10K. With all the wahala i was going through to get them to be innovative, i settle for their old method because i felt like they dont understand or are not willing to do the Ring Method.

Thanks, Chief.

One of the hardships that I face on my site is convincing trades to try, not necessarily accept, my suggested alternative methods.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adegbulugbe(m): 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
spyder880:

Yes. Superset is preferred by most block makers. Another cement I see them buy mostly is Ibeto and BUA.

good to meet you guys here...........yes ibeto is good in block making buy you hardly know if the block is cement sufficient or not in your physical look cause it makes mix black alot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adegbulugbe(m): 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2017
I supervised a road construction in owerri the cement specification approved for the soil cement was Dangote cement but i figured they brought in Unicef or Unicem whatever inplace of the approved one,pls house what are the quality comparison in this cement cause i want to stop them and instruct to use Dangote
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Everfrank(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thanks sir. I was thinking that
mufutau55:

Sorry.. I miss this.
1. I will advise you to continue using the 9inches blocks because of the size of structural columns (pillars) and beams that may already put into the building.
But you can use the 6inches in some areas for partitions. If you are trying to save on cost, 6inches won't save you much money.

2. Sorry this is not easy to estimate because no building is the same. Calculation of the blocks will need the plan with all the measurements
readable on it. If you know how many blocks was used on the ground floor, you could estimate on the top floors.

Hajji M.

9" inches would add much weight particularly on the 2ft counter lever( not on original plan).
But obviously 9" inches blocks may provide a better sitting for the roof. Or what do you think?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Everfrank(m): 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
abike12:

I'm not an expert but for mine we used 9" for all the exterior walls and anywhere there was a pillar/column (I think) and 6" for the inside rooms, regardless of the floor level.
Thanks sister. I humbly appreciate your contribution.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 10, 2017
Everfrank:

Good day sir,
I sincerely need your advice. I am building a 3 bedroom duplex which has already been decked. We used nine inches block exclusively for the ground floor which comprises of a a living room, a guest room, kitchen, dining and store.
1. What size of block is appropriate for the the first floor? Is it nine or six inches? What are the merits and demerits of using either?
2. Can you please give me a rough estimate of how many blocks I will need for the first floor of 3 bedrooms( including one master's bedroom) and a mini living room.
Thanks in anxious anticipation as my next move defends on this. Tnx.

If it were my house (I don't do storied buildings), I would do exterior in 9" blocks and the rest in 6" except if there's going to be plumbing through it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 10, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2017
Adegbulugbe:
I supervised a road construction in owerri the cement specification approved for the soil cement was Dangote cement but i figured they brought in Unicef or Unicem whatever inplace of the approved one,pls house what are the quality comparison in this cement cause i want to stop them and instruct to use Dangote

You mean for the soil stabilization?
There is no too much difference between the different brand of ordinary Portland cement in Nigeria. The major reason while dangote is preferred is the fact that it can't be adulterated easily.

You can as well read up on the '' physico-chemical classification of Nigeria cement ''
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by watersys: 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
Borehole Drilling is our Job! 07058346288 and 07033477278 (calls $ whatsapp) We've got the whole South West covered. visit www.facebook.com/watersysng to know more about us
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hello Nl,

I needs the attached items asap. Price to ofamodu@yahoo.com

Size for Granite Countertop is 30inch by 96inch. Thickness is 1inch.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adegbulugbe(m): 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
abdulwastecx:

There is no too much difference between the different brand of ordinary Portland cement in Nigeria. The major reason while dangote is preferred is the fact that it can't be adulterated easily.

You can as well read up on the '' physico-chemical classification of Nigeria cement ''

Thanks bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
For those sitting on the fence about going green. Take the Leap. As long as its done right, the benefits are .....

Recently, I stopped by at a newly built fuel station in my vicinity on my way out. while waiting in line, I casually glance at a sign post on my right and I read an inscription that instantly grabs my attention…..”Solar Service Station” I immediately read the line again to be sure I was reading right. My first impulse was to look up and assess the kind of roof they managed to mount their panels on , and see if it was true.
Lo and behold, the roof covering was made completely out of solar panels……neatly arranged, neatly secured and neatly connected. I was so impressed. A gas station,.. supplier of PMS, DPK,AGO taking the initiative to go green. Lol, What an amusing Irony. 'When those who have fossil fuel in abundant supply are opting for green energy....it tells a story

See pictures below and read the rest of the story here

https://www.nairaland.com/3565944/solar-service-stations....how-common-these

The future truely is green

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by battleaxe: 5:15am On Jan 11, 2017
allCopacetic:
For those sitting on the fence about going green. Take the Leap. As long as its done right, the benefits are .....

Recently, I stopped by at a newly built fuel station in my vicinity on my way out. while waiting in line, I casually glance at a sign post on my right and I read an inscription that instantly grabs my attention…..”Solar Service Station” I immediately read the line again to be sure I was reading right. My first impulse was to look up and assess the kind of roof they managed to mount their panels on , and see if it was true.
Lo and behold, the roof covering was made completely out of solar panels……neatly arranged, neatly secured and neatly connected. I was so impressed. A gas station,.. supplier of PMS, DPK,AGO taking the initiative to go green. Lol, What an amusing Irony. 'When those who have fossil fuel in abundant supply are opting for green energy....it tells a story

@gennextech.....

Isn't this one of your installations?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:33am On Jan 11, 2017
allCopacetic:

where is this sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 6:44am On Jan 11, 2017
abdulwastecx:

And why do you think other cement can be adultereated easily; they all operate in the same market/environs so expose to same kind of sharp practices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:09am On Jan 11, 2017
abdulwastecx:

jossy26:

And why do you think other cement can be adultereated easily; they all operate in the same market/environs so expose to same kind of sharp practices

My people, I beg to differ slightly on this. cheesy

There is a lot of difference in cement quality in Nigeria and there has been too much said about it by professional bodies and even government regulators on the official level. It was because of the low quality of some cement that some changes were made in terms of grading cement according to classes we see on the bags, the 3x and 3.2 x (etc) we see on cement bags was meant to reassure users and create a better quality acceptable to SON and other agencies.

But we on the ground have no laboratories to test cement and we cannot tell when a big cement manufacturer chooses to reduce their quality output to the detriment of consumers. It would have been better to bring all the cement brands and test them in labs but we don't have that opportunity now. This is why I stick my ears to the ground and go along with local block makers. Any cement they use to make blocks seems to be better as it yields more good blocks because of its quality.

For now, no block maker in my area uses Dangote cement to make blocks, they prefer Ibeto cement brand (but this is not readily available everywhere and costlier than others). Another cement they buy always is BUA cement, followed by Elephant supaset. These cement are usually more expensive than Dangote and Unicem cement.

As at this morning, my dealer is selling thus;

Dangote 3.2 - N2,200
Unicem - N2,200
Elephant green label - N2,200 (they don't sell it in the east now, replaced by Unicem)
Elephant supaset (Orange label ) - N2,280
Ibeto - N2,400 (Not in Stock)
BUA - N2,250

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QCone: 10:38am On Jan 11, 2017
Disclaimer:

For some unknown reason I wasn't able to log in here with my usual username since new year's day. I know I'm not ban, I just wish someone will explain it to me. I'm thinking because you now need a minimum of 4 letters username without any characters. I cant reset my account because I joined this forum in 2006 and since then I've stop using the email I used to registered and have long forgotten the password of the email to reset.

I will like to have moniker, QC-1 back, and yes I still know my moniker password.

Hajj Mufutau, lawyer, Seun please help. embarassed

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2017
QCone:
Disclaimer:

For some unknown reason I wasn't able to log in here with my usual username since new year's day. I know I'm not ban, I just wish someone will explain it to me. I'm thinking because you now need a minimum of 4 letters username without any characters. I cant reset my account because I joined this forum in 2006 and since then I've stop using the email I used to registered and have long forgotten the password of the email to reset.

I will like to have moniker, QC-1 back, and yes I still know my moniker password.

Hajj Mufutau, lawyer, Seun please help. embarassed

Thanks

I hope hajji saw this, I have the same problem the first two days of the year. He help reset it. Hope I remember try this, used your desktop computer reset your password, it will send you a link in your email, open it press F4 or or F5 I don't remember. It will reset.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QCone: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
kopell:
I hope hajji saw this, I have the same problem the first two days of the year. He help reset it. Hope I remember try this, used your desktop computer reset your password, it will send you a link in your email, open it press F4 or or F5 I don't remember. It will reset.

Thanks man.

The problem is I using the hotmail I used to resisted like 8 years ago, I don't even know the password to it even if it was reset to that email again. I do however, still know my password to log in here though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
kopell:
I hope hajji saw this, I have the same problem the first two days of the year. He help reset it. Hope I remember try this, used your desktop computer reset your password, it will send you a link in your email, open it press F5 I don't remember. It will reset.

Yes. Log on with your Computer, put the username and password... and when it ask you to "Refresh" just hit F5 on your keyboard.
I have tried this many times on my phone or Ipad, with no luck. I had to do it on my Computer. Hope it worked for you, let us know.
I have helped many people with this and it has worked... but nothing is guaranteed in life. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fastestshipper: 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2017
mufutau55:

Yes. Log on with your Computer, put the username and password... and when it ask you to "Refresh" just hit F5 on your keyboard.
I have tried this many times on my phone or Ipad, with no luck. I had to do it on my Computer. Hope it worked for you, let us know.
I have helped many people with this and it has worked... but nothing is guaranteed in life. smiley

Hajji M.

Refresh worked for me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
fastestshipper:

Refresh worked for me.

Good.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
mufutau55:

Good.

Hajji M.

Eminent city administrator, voracious international land baron, astute mediator, devoted Islamic scholar and now accomplished computer geek. is there anything that you don't know how to do? grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:44pm On Jan 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Eminent city administrator, voracious international land baron, astute mediator, devoted Islamic scholar and now accomplished computer geek. is there anything that you don't know how to do? grin

Yes, there is something he does not know how to do; causing trouble grin

I salute you my Oga Hajji Mufutau.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Eminent city administrator, voracious international land baron, astute mediator, devoted Islamic scholar and now accomplished computer geek.
Is there anything that you don't know how to do? grin

All these titles for my little neck, na wah o. Thank you plenty Sir.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
spyder880:

Yes, there is something he does not know how to do; causing trouble grin
I salute you my Oga Hajji Mufutau.

Thank you Boss. I throway dobale for your side o. The Master of all Masters.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 9:00pm On Jan 11, 2017
twinskenny:

where is this sir?
Along the Ejigbo - ikotun road.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

grin wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
battleaxe:

@gennextech.....

Isn't this one of your installations?
That's correct! Project was executed by Gennex Technologies .
Had no idea they have a presence here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (3680) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.