Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4379611 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
mufutau55:

Not true. Many people came to Fastshipping site lookibg for you... even your Carpenter if I can remember correctly... Pls dont let Fastshipping and Segzy14 open more can of worms.

Hajji M.
I missed out, so busy in office with the snow storm that hit our system. Anyway hajji a beg know open many things you knew about some of these so called contractors in all aspects of this building section, from builder to electrician to plumbers, roofers, tilers , borehole drillers ETC. FORO SIKUN BI AGBA KI E FOWO LERAN NI OH Like you always do.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
This is just a simple PSA for others on here especially those that are new.

There are often quite a bit of backstage quibblings going on and sometimes people don't speak up for whatever reason, some to maintain privacy.

Moral of the story = do extreme vetting, not just by reading stuff on here but by directly contacting previous clients.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
amanikondo:

Save your investment. This HSLBroker is a horrible person. if he likes he can write epistle. I don't argue with an slowpoke like him. Will soon do an advert on him.Nairaland will not be a home for him to get business.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
kopell:
I missed out, so busy in office with the snow storm that hit our system. Anyway hajji a beg know open many things you knew about some of these so called contractors in all aspects of this building section, from builder to electrician to plumbers, roofers, tilers , borehole drillers ETC. FORO SIKUN BI AGBA KI E FOWO LERAN NI OH Like you always do.

I rest my case grin

Except for one or two people, I'll never ever hire from here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
HsLBroker:
sir i remember you, i never give your brother anyone those he requested for it, and that why he tried his best to spoil me in your present and if you read my test very well i said i can't satisfy, and i never bargain with him, the block work at the back of your house cause the delay and it later you said i shouldn't bother myself, and i said and i told u when first aluminum come for installation u should call me incase they will need my support

You are an habitual liar. Of course you gave him money. The carpenters ran out of wood and you said you bought less wood because my cousin asked for kickbacks from the money I paid you to buy wood and work. You asked me to tell my cousin return the kickbacks you gave him so you can use the money to buy more wood. Hajj, I hope you still remember this. You heard everything he said on the phone but lying about it now. I ended up paying you 166k and 22k to buy more wood and nails. The gable I told you wasn't supposed to be done before for roof that you insisted had to be done was equally torn down. I paid you to do it and it turned out I was right and the gable was torn down.

I repeat, don't push your luck. You will get hurt pushing your luck. You caused me so much pain at that site. There was no single work you did that wasn't torn down.

Now answer these questions:

Were you dismissed from that site?

What was the reason for your dismissal?

Did you become abusive and combative with First Aluminum installers after telling you that you did a bad job and whole work needed to be torn down?

Did you do wood nogging for long span instead of Metcoppo or not?

Did you give me a quote and came back few days later that you made mistake with the quote and needed more after you listened to my cousin to inflate the quote so both of you can share the extra money?

Did you beg me not to expose you on nairaland because you have three kids to feed and wife on nairaland?

Did you raise your voice on me after you learned I spoke to your carpenters who were coming to site for four days without working because they've not been paid after a week of work and you never showed up for four days?

Look at this picture where you did block gables. Did you see the 11ft block gables you did to the entire back side after they finished the roof? Didn't I send you the pictures of the place after they torn down the entire roof and uncalled for gable that you insisted I paid you for before you can finish your wood work?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
kopell:

Foro sikun bi agba ke.

Me too had to spend money fixing my noggins HSLBROKER did for me. He bought cheap wood. I won't have contracted him if I saw all these bad reviews.

Exposing those bad artisans will save other peoples money. I have used the services of many good ones here.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sprumbaba:

Foro sikun bi agba ke.

Me too had to spend money fixing my noggins HSLBROKER did for me. He bought cheap wood. I won't have contracted him if I saw all these bad reviews.

Exposing those bad artisans will save other peoples money. I have used the services of many good ones here.

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 1:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
FastShipping:

You are an habitual liar. The gable I told you wasn't supposed to be done before for roof that you insisted had to be done. I paid you to do it and it turned out I was right and the gable was torn down.

I repeat, don't push your luck. You will get hurt pushing your luck. You caused me so much pain at that site. There was no single work you did that wasn't torn down.

Did you become abusive and combative with First Aluminum installers after telling you that you did a bad job and whole work needed to be torn down?

Did you give me a quote and came back few days later that you made mistake with the quote and needed more after you listened to my cousin to inflate the quote so both of you can share the extra money?

Did you beg me not to expose you on nairaland because you have three kids to feed and wife on nairaland?

Did you raise you voice on me after you learned I spoke to your carpenters who were coming to site for four days without working because they've not been paid after a week of work and you never showed up for four days?

You should not dignify this guy (HSLBROKER) with a response, he does not worth your time. Don't you know its good to ignore some people. I have dealt with him before. He will argue till eternity. Let him just be writing. He won't stop oooo. I sabi am well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sprumbaba:

Segzy, the guy you are advising is a snake. He has rubbished your work when I engaged him claiming to also be builder.

He said same about Aventure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sir, you told me not to come sir again sir, i was only telling the first aliminum installer that i did my job and if they need my assistance, i will available and they told me you have told them to get a carpenter that will support them.

I will bring up the pictures of the purlin and you will see it is for metcopo, God bear me witness that i never have any bargain with your brother because right from the day i came to the site, he have started acting funny to me so we don't even discuss at all on any issue at the site, he only come and go.

Yes i told you that you should try to allow me do my job in supporting the carpenters, because you are angry and i don't want you to use that anger to destory my reputation i have built for many years because i have wife and children to feed, three kids.

The particular carpenter was the one who superhead the roofing that i gave job to took 2 carpenters from the area, and i have already paid and i never knew he didn't pay those two carpenters and when i heard, i paid them, extra out of my pocket, and the woman too who the guy bought the materials (nails) about 5kilo which is 500naira i think, i paid her myself though he said someone else pay but i still give her the money myself, and he promise to return the initial one he took back
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sprumbaba:

Segzy, the guy you are advising is a snake. He has rubbished your work when I engaged him claiming to be also be builder.

I can remember him also rubbishing Jonny(who also had his own issues) and scheming to take over the plastering job that Jonny was to do.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
And i have sacked this carpenter long ago
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
NL1960:

I can remember him also rubbishing Jonny(who also had his own issues) and scheming to take over the plastering job that Jonny was to do.
it was doctor that gave me that job voluntarily i did bargain for it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marilo(m): 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
kopell:

I seriously wish that many of the artisans and professionals in the construction industry will come out and disprove the fact that they are fraud and affirm that they stand above board. I have had business dealings with some people from/on NL. I know someone who's relatively unknown who supplies granite/sand. This guy did exactly what I told him even surpassed my expectation He delivered to my site at 2AM. He told me of his challenges and I had to part with some extra money voluntarily. I also know of somebody who sent somebody to my site without asking for "transport fare" (I wouldn't know if he forgot to ask for that) and till tomorrow (until anything untoward happen, which I don't foresee) I will continue to seek for his service. I know of somebody who "litter" the whole thread with advertisement, he has never ceased to disappoint. In fact,his second name is disappointment! (Note that in all cases, money never ever exchange hands until service/goods have been delivered).

Nairaland gives people opportunity to reach the world,it gives opportunity to seal million naira deals. It offers a veritable platform to breakthrough in their chosen profession. We should therefore not keep quiet when people find it as a means to rip people off. That is a great diservice to hard working people. Now coming to nairaland to compain about artisans as well as other professionals in the construction industry when things goes awry,it tells them they have to be fair in their dealings as well as help safeguard against marauders and serve as some form of psychological check on people who might want to play a fast one.

One fact is there are fraudsters on nairaland and there are superstars. Let us promote superstars when we see one and condemn fraudsters. The best form of due dilligence is the work of superstars that others speak of/recommend here and the condemnation received by fraudsters who come up with unending excuses.

That is not to rule out the fact that there could be communication breakdown between parties involved in a business deal. A discerning mind can tell what has transpired is nothing but breakdown in communication. That is totally different from fraud.

Please let us call a spade a spade,expose whoever or whatever is detrimental to people's investment/hard-earned money. In the same light, praise the good work of others when they deserve it. That is one great service we can do to each other as artisans/professionals and investors/clients. SPEAK OUT WHEN YOU CAN IF YOU CAN, IT GOES A LONG WAY.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
FastShipping:

You are an habitual liar. Of course you gave him money. The carpenters ran out of wood and you said you bought less wood because my cousin asked for kickbacks from the money I paid you to buy wood and work. You asked me to tell my cousin return the kickbacks you gave him so you can use the money to buy more wood. Hajj, I hope you still remember this. You heard everything he said on the phone but lying about it now. I ended up paying you 166k and 22k to buy more wood and nails. The gable I told you wasn't supposed to be done before for roof that you insisted had to be done was equally torn down. I paid you to do it and it turned out I was right and the gable was torn down.

Did you raise your voice on me after you learned I spoke to your carpenters who were coming to site for four days without working because they've not been paid after a week of work and you never showed up for four days?

Look at this picture where you did block gables. Did you see the 11ft block gables you did to the entire back side after they finished the roof? Didn't I send you the pictures of the place after they torn down the entire roof and uncalled for gable that you insisted I paid you for before you can finish your wood work?

Just imagine somebody saying the bold.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2017
snakebeat:

What details are u composing sir? This isn't the first time someone will remarked how shoddy your job was. Sometime back on this same thread, your client pointed out how dubious u are & how u executed his work with levity. Even fastshipping attested to your poor perfomance on site back then, but choosed to remain silent for reason best known to him....& i could vividly remember how madam gabbytabby called fastshipping out for keeping such a thing, it almost degenerated to an e-war between gabbytabby & fastshipping. Only God know the number of persons fastshipping would have saved from your dubious hands if only he had exposed u as at that time. Every professional in the construction industry knows how difficult it is to build a clientelle, i really don't know the joy u guys derive from crumbling a name that took u so much effort to build. If a job is beyond u, don't accept it. Handle jobs that are within your capacity & deliver, that is what matters...pls save this thread the explanation you are cooking & make amends. Choose a particular area & focus on it. U can't be a roofer & be educating people on number of blocks needed for a fencing project...We all have shortcomings, but if u have more than one complainer, i think it is best u reflect on your ways & make amends for your own good.
Very few of them as that principle of not taking more jobs then the can handle, one of them in my case I tried is adorable respective one is AVENTURES. There is also Arrogant one that believes his more then what he is not even up too in my opinion. I don't what to put his name on sport, whom ever deal with him will know is his attitude.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
amanikondo:

He said same about Aventure.

Ha, May God have mercy on him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
HsLBroker:

Sir, you told me not to come sir again sir, i was only telling the first aliminum installer that i did my job and if they need my assistance, i will available and they told me you have told them to get a carpenter that will support them.

I will bring up the pictures of the purlin and you will see it is for metcopo, God bear me witness that i never have any bargain with your brother because right from the day i came to the site, he have started acting funny to me so we don't even discuss at all on any issue at the site, he only come and go.

Yes i told you that you should try to allow me do my job in supporting the carpenters, because you are angry and i don't want you to use that anger to destory my reputation i have built for many years because i have wife and children to feed, three kids.

The particular carpenter was the one who superhead the roofing that i gave job to took 2 carpenters from the area, and i have already paid and i never knew he didn't pay those two carpenters and when i heard, i paid them, extra out of my pocket, and the woman too who the guy bought the materials (nails) about 5kilo which is 500naira i think, i paid her myself though he said someone else pay but i still give her the money myself, and he promise to return the initial one he took back

You are indeed a doctor and Engineer combined in lying activities. You are an habitual liar. Could you go ahead and tell me the reason why you were begging me not to expose you on nairaland? Could you go ahead and tell me why I dismissed you? Could you go ahead and tell me why you were not allowed to do the roof covering after the whole thing boomerang? If you recall, I was in the process of paying you to do the wood covering while the wood work was going on until I saw the bad sign and I asked you to finish the wood work and let First Aluminium do the work. At the end, First Alumnium came while you were rounding up and told you to your face that the spacing you did was for long span and not Metcoppo. They advised everything had to be torn down. I hired new people to tear down the roof and they did it again with First Aluminium supervision. When I sent you pictures of the roof torn down, you asked me not to expose you.

Stop lying because I have records.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
It was the money sir which u called kickback was the money he collected from me to give omo onile and when i later discover omo onile didn't collect any more from him, i told u to ask him to return it, i can't remember the specific amount sir, but i know should around 10k or so

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:06pm On Mar 17, 2017
HsLBroker:
It was the money sir which u called kickback was the money he collected from me to give omo onile and when i later discover omo onile didn't collect any more from him, i told u to ask him to return it, i can't remember the specific amount sir, but i know should around 10k or so

You are an habitual liar. You confessed to me you gave him 50 naira per wood as kick backs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 2:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
segzy14:

I even sent Aventure the screenshot of his subsequent messages about the work Aventure did. He has PHD (Pull Him Down).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
segzy14:

Amen o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
People are lucky we no dey do malpractice lawsuit for Naija
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eebadhan: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
Mr HSL Broker, I'm amazed to read the spirited defence you're putting up against these allegations. If I'm not a victim of a botched roofing job done by you, I might be swayed to believe these people are just out to damage your repution. Remember the roofing job at Fiditi you did in 2015, how do you explain the shoddy job you made of it.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
eebadhan:
Mr HSL Broker, I'm amazed to read the spirited defence you're putting up against these allegations. If I'm not a victim of a botched roofing job done by you, I might be swayed to believe these people are just out to damage your repution. Remember the roofing job at Fiditi you did in 2015, how do you explain the shoddy job you made of it.

Welcome on board. Another person has spoken out. We are not mad and bad anyway.
5 people cannot be wrong about you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
amanikondo:

I even sent Aventure the screenshot of his subsequent messages about the work Aventure did. He has PHD (Pull Him Down).
I got the screen shot, and I was surprised,. The roofer claiming that the foundation determine the roof. It is well!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
HsLBroker:

Here is proof there was kickback.

You gave me quote of 557k at first but you came back and gave me quote of 664k after talking to my cousin. You confessed to me what happened and now you are denying it. You told me my cousin asked you to inflate the quote and you both can share the difference derived from the second quote. You told me my cousin said you should claim you made mistake on the quote. So you created the second quote.

I will hit you with so much evidence here.

Could you please explain why the two quotes below were different by 87k+?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
this is real bad...

@HsLBroker, i dont think you can prove your innocence....what you need to do and apologize and promise to change.

These people are not scheming to pull you down....they just want you to amend your ways. I think you should even be lucky for that.

FastShipping seems to be someone with a kind heart and that is why he has kept all these to himself...i guess he actually believe in you and hoping to hear good things about you from others but the other is the case.

In civil, some projects might want to go out of way but its the approach to those projects that matters.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladel(m): 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
Thank God my relationship with this non repentant HSLBROKER ended with just a quotation I received from him late last year for my 3beds apartment. I followed all of muftau thread and I have secretly and prayerfully engaged all the people he endorsed without pain. From checkitout to allcopacetic to Rottech. Thank God, I skipped this unapologetic guy even though there was a contact.
Lets blacklist him if he won't repent. Our forum is not for jibiti people

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Marilo:

I seriously wish that many of the artisans and professionals in the construction industry will come out and disprove the fact that they are fraud and affirm that they stand above board. I have had business dealings with some people from/on NL. I know someone who's relatively unknown who supplies granite/sand. This guy did exactly what I told him even surpassed my expectation He delivered to my site at 2AM. He told me of his challenges and I had to part with some extra money voluntarily. I also know of somebody who sent somebody to my site without asking for "transport fare" (I wouldn't know if he forgot to ask for that) and till tomorrow (until anything untoward happen, which I don't foresee) I will continue to seek for his service. I know of somebody who "litter" the whole thread with advertisement, he has never ceased to disappoint. In fact,his second name is disappointment! (Note that in all cases, money never ever exchange hands until service/goods have been delivered).

Nairaland gives people opportunity to reach the world,it gives opportunity to seal million naira deals. It offers a veritable platform to breakthrough in their chosen profession. We should therefore not keep quiet when people find it as a means to rip people off. That is a great diservice to hard working people. Now coming to nairaland to compain about artisans as well as other professionals in the construction industry when things goes awry,it tells them they have to be fair in their dealings as well as help safeguard against marauders and serve as some form of psychological check on people who might want to play a fast one.

One fact is there are fraudsters on nairaland and there are superstars. Let us promote superstars when we see one and condemn fraudsters. The best form of due dilligence is the work of superstars that others speak of/recommend here and the condemnation received by fraudsters who come up with unending excuses.

That is not to rule out the fact that there could be communication breakdown between parties involved in a business deal. A discerning mind can tell what has transpired is nothing but breakdown in communication. That is totally different from fraud.

Please let us call a spade a spade,expose whoever or whatever is detrimental to people's investment/hard-earned money. In the same light, praise the good work of others when they deserve it. That is one great service we can do to each other as artisans/professionals and investors/clients. SPEAK OUT WHEN YOU CAN IF YOU CAN, IT GOES A LONG WAY.
Thank you, like you said in your write up some are communication gab. We understand that. We' ve bing around here for a while, some of this guys never thought the will be getting global attention like they do, not until they started getting millions of Naira contracts from faceless people around the world, without global ethics of doing business. Many of them wanted to be doing business just like the do there. The forget by not satisfying one customer small or big job, may bring there name to gutter. If couple of us that ve'd deal with them started speaking out on dealing, it will be very few names that will be standing in this section. Pls guys do you diligent from old schools that bing around here for a while before commenting your had earn money to anyone just because the are very good in writing 10 page of story and posting nice display pictures of site.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
kopell:
Thank you, like you said in your write up some are communication gab. We understand that. We' ve bing around here for a while, some of this guys never thought the will be getting global attention like they do, not until they started getting millions of Naira contracts from faceless people around the world, without global ethics of doing business. Many of them wanted to be doing business just like the do there. The forget by not satisfying one customer small or big job, may bring there name to gutter. If couple of us that ve'd deal with them started speaking out on dealing, it will be very few names standing in this section. Pls guys do you diligent from old schools that bing around here for a while before commenting your had earn money to anyone just because the are very good in writing 10 page of story and posting nice display pictures of site.

Very very few will be left standing as you said.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marpol: 3:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
What is the problem with Nigerian artisans? They give you a quotation, you give them the money then come and hear stories! Seems they lack any iota of truth and principle.

HSL you have been on Nairaland for years, you saw what has happened to unscrupulous artisans here and you still ended up toeing the same ignoble road.

It speaks volume about your character!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MrJaay(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.