Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4379814 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
Breaking
News

Reinforcement Rod face with another price crash sells for:

12&16mm @N185,000/ton
10mm @ N200,000/ton.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
He has been trying to reach me asking people to beg me behind the scene.

What he never knew is that I do not pick a Nigerian call i don't know even if you called 1 billion times. I have blocked all communications with him.

Do not come to my site. The house you called "Racketeer". I will fix your shoddy jobs. I will never reply him on Nairaland. If he likes, he can defend himself till eternity.

The guy had the gut to tell me he can offer me his wife if that is what i want (So disrespectful).

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
HsLBroker:
sir, please i want to know where this site located, i mean fastshipping site

Abeokuta to be specific.
But I will not tell you FastShipping's name or identity... if you dont know that then you better start recording your Clients and their monikers for future reference... and it will be unprofessional for you or me to release their identity or privacy here on the network. Many people want to remain incognito.

Note: Please stop calling my phone or Whatsapp me because I will not discuss anything with you again.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Very very few will be left standing as you said.
Yes oh my Oga at the top. I don't think many of them knows what is ethnic in layman terms, guys very simple.

Honesty in doing business
Don't think you're smart, you could cut conners in dealings, form excess quoting of material, to over charge of labor and professional finishing.

People are wise now, always agree to term, stick to your professional advice.

If there are any difficulty in keeping to the term of contract established communication deal with the issue professionally. Contracts are not writing on a rock, be smart in doing things right. That all it's take to build respective name.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
amanikondo:
He has been trying to reach me asking people to beg me behind the scene.

What he never knew is that I do not pick a Nigerian call i don't know even if you called 1 billion times. I have blocked all communications with him.

Do not come to my site. The house you called "Racketeer". I will fix your shoddy jobs. I will also never replied to you here on Nairaland. If you like defend yourself till eternity.

The guy had the gut to tell me he can offer me his wife if that is what i want (So disrespectful).

He has been sending me messages too via Nairaland. He can make his amend here. I cannot give him 1 bag of pure water to supply.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
kopell:
Yes oh my Oga at the top. I don't think many of them knows what is ethnic in layman terms, guys very simple.

Honesty in doing business
Don't think you're smart, you could cut conners in dealings, form excess quoting of material, to over charge of labor and professional finishing.

People are wise now, always agree to term, stick to your professional advice.

If there are any difficulty in keeping to the term of contract established communication deal with the issue professionally. Contracts are not writing on a rock, be smart in doing things right. That all it's take to build respective name.

They always bite more than they can chew. Most of them are like Brabus a computer engineer turned builder. Like this HSLBROKER, You will call him to come and do roof, he will be asking for other jobs like windows, doors, gates, burglary proof, plastering, supplies. Someone that should be helping Baba at Obasanjo Farm.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
mufutau55:

Abeokuta to be specific.
But I will not tell you FastShipping name or identity... if you dont know that then you better start recording your client and their monikers for future reference... and it will be unprofessional for you or me to release their identity or privacy here on the network. Many people want to remain incognito.

Note: Please stop calling my phone or Whatsapp me because I will not discuss anything with you again.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

I have blocked him. He was just calling people that he knows are connected to me. I will escalate the matter with him. In addition, I will stalk every post he makes on Nairaland and derail it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
Aventures:
I got the screen shot, and I was surprised,. The roofer claiming that the foundation determine the roof. It is well!

My brother... can you beleive that! Imagine. What is the correlation between foundation and roof.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sprumbaba:

They always bite more than they can chew. Most of them are like Brabus a computer engineer turned builder. Like this HSLBROKER, You will call him to come and do roof, he will be asking for other jobs like windows, doors, gates, burglary proof, plastering, supplies. Someone that should be helping Baba at Obasanjo Farm.

I actually fell for the bolded. He claimed to be a qualified engineer and I fell for it. He created some windows for me and he did not put lintel in any of the windows. I still have the pictures of the windows that he sent me after he finished the work. I asked him why no lintel. Whereas, I paid for lintel, he said he ran out of money. But I paid him in full for the block work and windows.

Below is proof I paid him for lintel and block work he claimed he ran out of money for.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
FastShipping:

I actually fell for the bolded. He claimed to be a qualified engineer and I fell for it. He created some windows for me and he did not put lintel in any of the windows. I still have the pictures of the windows that he sent me after he finished the work. I asked him why no lintel. Whereas, I paid for lintel, he said he ran out of money. But I paid him in full for the block work and windows.

Below is proof I paid him for lintel and block work he claimed he ran out of money for.

Also, for every work, he always come back to say he spent more. He always asks for more money after giving you a quote. That his one of his attributes..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ebocoms: 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
Good day guys,

Please I need an estimated bill of materials to do Raft fence in water logged area. The side Length =120ft and front side = 60ft. The back of my land and one other side has already been fenced. I only need to fence 2 sides. Please I would need also rough estimate for Carpenter, Iron Bender and Casters.

Please I want to compare with what I have been given. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumz1: 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy my internal doors, kitchen cabinets and wardrobes from the UK and ship to Nigeria. Will this be allowed through customs?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
olumz1:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy my internal doors, kitchen cabinets and wardrobes from the UK and ship to Nigeria. Will this be allowed through customs?

Thanks
one of my client did that.. Took forever to clear though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
Very annoying when people mess up.
My carpenter who did a lot of work for me after Brabus called like 5 different carpenters to my place, robbing Peter to pay Paul, just called to say thank you for introducing him to my friend to do his roofing and other works.
Iron bender, same thing.
Plumber, same thing.
Electrician, same thing

I just wish these guys can be good, and work will always come just from referrals alone.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
olumz1:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
I will advice you get them in Nigeria. There are good quality stuff in Nigeria. You also have to know the directions the door will open. Also, cost of shipping and clearing alone will not make it worth.

But you can send appliances and fittings that you like.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
amanikondo:

I will advice you get them in Nigeria. There are good quality stuff in Nigeria. You also have to know the directions the door will open. Also, cost of shipping and clearing alone will not make it worth.

I couldn't agree more.

Good and decent stuff are in Nigeria and can be gotten here without the stress of importing.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eebadhan: 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
This is my second post on this forum, after years of being a silent observer. Unfortunately my experience with HSLBroker will not deter from engaging other artisans on this forum.

For the record, I contracted Hsl in 2015 for my roofing job, the scope of work covered woodwork as well as step tile aluminum roofing sheets.

I really believed this guy was the guru on roofing, owing to all of his previous threads on nairaland, in addition no one had ever complained about his job.

Guess what, my project was a huge disaster. He used the wrong size and type of wood , the spacing between the wood were too wide for step tile aluminium, to cap it all, the wood work was all crooked and uneven along the entire perimeter of the roof.

All these flaws were initially not visible to my novice eyes until they began to install the aluminium, the entire aluminium surface had so much dips and dents, the fascial board were all uneven. When I brought this up to HSL attention, especially the dents on the aluminium, he said as soon as rain falls on the surface of the aluminium it will become plum. It's been two rainy seasons now, the dents have now morphed into craters.

The solution is a new roof, which is really annoying, but more irritating it's the lackadaisical attitude of the contractor, he probably has forgotten about me and my project, but I see that roof everyday, and each time I see it, it makes me very angry.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
eebadhan:
This is my second post on this forum, after years of being a silent observer. Unfortunately my experience with HSLBroker will not deter from engaging other artisans on this forum.

For the record, I contracted Hsl in 2015 for my roofing job, the scope of work covered woodwork as well as step tile aluminum roofing sheets.

I really believed this guy was the guru on roofing, owing to all of his previous threads on nairaland, in addition no one had ever complained about his job.

Guess what, my project was a huge disaster. He used the wrong size and type of wood , the spacing between the wood were too wide for step tile aluminium, to cap it all, the wood work was all crooked and uneven along the entire perimeter of the roof.

All these flaws were initially not visible to my novice eyes until they began to install the aluminium, the entire aluminium surface had so much dips and dents, the fascial board were all uneven. When I brought this up to HSL attention, especially the dents on the aluminium, he said as soon as rain falls on the surface of the aluminium it will become plum. It's been two rainy seasons now, the dents have now morphed into craters.

The solution is a new roof, which is really annoying, but more irritating it's the lackadaisical attitude of the contractor, he probably has forgotten about me and my project, but I see that roof everyday, and each time I see it, it makes me very angry.

I really feel your pain boss. HSL you cannot be right and everyother person wrong you have not had just a single positive review Just Apologise make ammends where possible, cos these monies are hard earned cash that has not yielded value.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
ebocoms:
Good day guys,

Please I need an estimated bill of materials to do Raft fence in water logged area. The side Length =120ft and front side = 60ft. The back of my land and one other side has already been fenced. I only need to fence 2 sides. Please I would need also rough estimate for Carpenter, Iron Bender and Casters.

Great day sir you need to provide more info at least send in pictures, or better still invite those that might be interested to visit the site this is the only way you can be given a viable quotation.
Have a blessed day.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
eebadhan:
he probably has forgotten about me and my project, but I see that roof everyday, and each time I see it, it makes me very angry.

Sorry to hear about the bad job he did for you. That is what he does. Irregular spacing, cheap wood, bad noggins, termite infested wood, fake new Zealand roof that will fade in a year, gully roof, lack of supervision, thick headed, disrespectful and many more.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 1:22am On Mar 18, 2017
FastShipping:

If you want to hang yourself, I have a rope. This is the person you destroyed his roof wood work in Abeokuta t[b]hat my cousin asked you to inflate quote and you did and then gave him his share. At the end you both got into big argument and threatened each other. I fired both of you[/b].

This is the guy you did roof for that when First Aluminium came to the site they met you there and said you did rubbish work and the whole wood of 679 sq mt had to be torn down and be redone. Once First Aluminium pointed out your horrible work, you started fighting. I'm that guy who called you after my mother called me that you became combative and insulting to the people there for pointing out your atrocities. She made a stop there and saw fight and shouting match going on and called me. I heard everything you were saying as she was on the phone with me.

So many things to say here but if you don't shut up here and apologize to those you offended, I will single-handedly bring your username down today (not tomorrow). I have so much at my disposal.

Do you still remember this screen shot below asking me if you should stop coming to nairaland? Do you remember begging me not to point you out as criminal and I should consider you have three kids and your wife is also on nairaland? That was your response when I sent you pictures of how they took down the entire roof work. Too many screenshots to select from my old BlackBerry.

To your credit before man and God, you were remorseful of your action and you never stopped begging me afterwards. In fact, after I dismissed you, you offered to go to the site and assist the installers but I declined the request. It was never my style to expose you but for the arrogance you showed here defending indefensible.

Be very careful. I repeat don't get me angry because doing so can get me bring so much here with so much evidence.

Awwwooo and OMG @ highlighted. People get mind o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 1:24am On Mar 18, 2017
[b][/b]t[b]hat my cousin asked you to inflate quote and you did and then gave him his share. At the end you both got into big argument and threatened each other. I fired both of you

Awwo and OMG. Fear people
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 1:42am On Mar 18, 2017
Chekitaut:
Breaking
News

Reinforcement Rod face with another price crash sells for:

12&16mm @N185,000/ton
10mm @ N200,000/ton.

Please alert us when cement price crash

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 1:54am On Mar 18, 2017
ebocoms:
Good day guys,

If you are considering a raft height of 2 wood boards then your cost should not exceed 600k. I spent about 1.1 million to raft 120 x 60ft when cement price was still at 2200 naira
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 6:20am On Mar 18, 2017
I have been under the weather so tried to avoid property section where i have to do alot of critical thinking before i post because of the calibre of Knowledgeable Men & Women here,.
I have told Hsl broker that he is a drunkard and no difference between him and Johnny when they were fighting over a site in Ondo, can any one remember this?
Am gathering a robust reply for am here because i went thru some of his post and it was really sickening.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 18, 2017
I'm very sorry to all those who I have offended, l will definately change my ways and characters, this my sincere apologies to all who i have offended, i'm very sorry, to err is unto man, perfection belong to God please forgive me, i'm deeply sorry.

I will also sit all my workers down, and talk deeply with them that our clients are not happy, so all this type of things will never happen again, if i can have the second chance all of this will never happen again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 11:29am On Mar 18, 2017
HsLBroker:
I'm very sorry to all those who I have offended, l will definately change my ways and characters, this my sincere apologies to all who i have offended, i'm very sorry, to err is unto man, perfection belong to God please forgive me, i'm deeply sorry.

I will also sit all my workers down, and talk deeply with them that our clients are not happy, so all this type of things will never happen again, if i can have the second chance all of this will never happen again.
This is what you ought to have done from the beginning than trying to play smart, nothing is as strong in the world than to admit that you are wrong when you offend people, apologize & keep apologizing to those you wrong, the word >>>>> l am sorry , please forgive me, l have erred and l am so sorry for the pain l caused you has way of softening the heart of people, learn to do your job diligently , satisfy your clients, life is not about money, money and money / profit because no human will take a dime out of this world, now go and sin no more cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2017
I follow this thread closely and I commend the good people on here. Clients needs to do a background check on these contractors you want to engage, only few knows the rudiments of construction and they often do not want to heed to correction when they make errors.
Its better to give jobs to an average company that will do it better and be buoyant to make a refund than individual who will come begging. I have made mistakes as a pupil engineer that I had to pay dearly for. I cannot give you a roofing job and it has to be brought down -- haaa sorry alone cannot do the repairs. To those quacks/ artisans/ supervisors claiming site engineers up n down , your days are numbered. NB- prospective clients , get a list of materials , buy them yourself and negotiate on supervision shikena!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumz1: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2017
amanikondo:

EgunMogaji:

twinskenny:

Thank you all for your response. I've actually not thought about the door opening directions, thats definitely something to put into consideration.

Talking about quality I've just had enough of made in Nigeria doors, they look solid for a few years and starts to loose firmness and they drag(same for the wardrobes). I intend to buy used doors in the UK which amounts to free and I know with confidence they'll last for a very long time. My plan is to buy a truck and load it with used doors, wardrobes, kitchen cabinets, kitchen appliances and if possible electrical fittings(too many fakes - its like a puzzle finding the genuine ones in Nigeria).

My worry is if these things are not contrabands when bought in a large quantity for personal use(not commercial). The truck will cover my shipping cost, so this to me should still work out cheaper.

What do you think my Ogas?

PS. Tt's a commercial building (4 flats of 3 beds each)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 18, 2017
olumz1:

Thank you all for your response. I've actually not thought about the door opening directions, thats definitely something to put into consideration.

Talking about quality I've just had enough of made in Nigeria doors, they look solid for a few years and starts to loose firmness and they drag(same for the wardrobes). I intend to buy used doors in the UK which amounts to free and I know with confidence they'll last for a very long time. My plan is to buy a truck and load it with used doors, wardrobes, kitchen cabinets, kitchen appliances and if possible electrical fittings(too many fakes - its like a puzzle finding the genuine ones in Nigeria).

My worry is if these things are not contrabands when bought in a large quantity for personal use(not commercial). The truck will cover my shipping cost, so this to me should still work out cheaper.

What do you think my Ogas?

PS. Tt's a commercial building (4 flats of 3 beds each)

I know what you mean about quality and price.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumz1: 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I know what you mean about quality and price.

That's exactly my point, someone already offered me 8 doors for 5 pounds grin. To me thats like have them for free and these doors remain solid, no matter the weather.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HossanaHeights and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.