Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4379433 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
Cement price is coming down soon N500 off from present price.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
Chekitaut:
Cement price is coming down soon N500 off from present price.

That would be nice

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
olumz1:

That's exactly my point, someone already offered me 8 doors for 5 pounds grin. To me thats like have them for free and these doors remain solid, no matter the weather.
Exactly my Problem too, Doors made in Nigeria after some time starts to drag, makes noise, dosen't close Properly that is one reason why i am also contemplating bringing them down
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TLAX: 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
eebadhan:

All these flaws were initially not visible to my novice eyes until they began to install the aluminium, the entire aluminium surface had so much dips and dents, the fascial board were all uneven. [b]When I brought this up to HSL attention, especially the dents on the aluminium, he said as soon as rain falls on the surface of the aluminium it will become plum. [/b]It's been two rainy seasons now, the dents have now morphed into craters.

grin grin Abeg i can't stop laughing. E don do. Na only God save me from the guy hand also in 2015 after he had sent me 2 quotes. Not that i suspected he was a charlatan but i just went along with the recommendation of the engineer on the job on an alternative.

These guys should be exposed early enough. Somebody had complained about him last year i believe, but only used innuendos. As usual this caused brick bats on this thread. I just wonder the number of people that would have been spared the agony if he had been unmasked then.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
TLAX:

grin grin Abeg i can't stop laughing. E don do. Na only God save me from the guy hand also in 2015 after he had sent me 2 quotes. Not that i suspected he was a charlatan but i just went along with the recommendation of the engineer on the job on an alternative.

These guys should be exposed early enough. Somebody had complained about him last year i believe, but only used innuendos. As usual this caused brick bats on this thread. I just wonder the number of people that would have been spared the agony if he had been unmasked then.

Hence my reason for doubting any decision to hire any Nairalander vendor. You don't know who is crummy on here (and they are here) but wasn't exposed because it was handled in privacy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
desiji:
Exactly my Problem too, Doors made in Nigeria after some time starts to drag, makes noise, dosen't close Properly that is one reason why i am also contemplating bringing them down

There was a door maker that was shared by Brabus earlier in this thread, I suspect his doors are good, well they look good anyways.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

There was a door maker that was shared by Brabus earlier in this thread, I suspect his doors are good, well they look good anyways.
can you please send a link

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
desiji:

I'll do a search but it might take a while as we're at over 600 pages now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
Sprumbaba:

You are posting pictures of the woodwork.

Woodwork always look beautiful until you lay the roof that is when you start seeing errors. Person wey never build house before can be fascinated with this.

You don't have to do any damage control. You always do a bad job.

Bad guy, you just exposed HSL the beauty of the roof comes out after putting on the roof tiles ,not just showing pictures of wood work,experienced carpenters. Will identify red flags on your roof work because it entails a lot of attention to details ,that is why you see in some cases they can dismantle a portion of wood work and reset it again for job completeness

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Bad guy, you just exposed HSL the beauty of the roof comes out after putting on the roof tiles ,not just showing pictures of wood work,experienced carpenters. Will identify red flags on your roof work because it entails a lot of attention to details ,that is why you see in some cases they can dismantle a portion of wood work and reset it again for job completeness

I fell victim to this and the asshat aluminum roofer just put the damn aluminum on even though the wood underneath was shoddy. I'll be redoing the entire roofing when this was is worn out.

No pride of workmanship at all in some of this people.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
My best solar energy harvest in 2017.
I recorded 17.6KWH harvest today.
Fridge and freezer all frozen.
Renewable Energy rules.
Let's all include this in our building design.
Fell free to ask questions.
My house is the only one with light tonight in the hood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 8:06pm On Mar 18, 2017
Darkness everywhere thanks to PHCN.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2017
abunafiu:
Renewable Energy rules.
Beautiful, how about the security situation where you live?.....do you have vigilantes / Opc / or it is self protection with a gun (AK-47) or juju / jazz / otumokpor / take broom and sweep my compound grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
abunafiu:
Renewable Energy rules.

Congratulations.

At this point you should open a thread with pics of equipment (make and model).

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
I'm looking to identify a specific lock that I bought a few months ago in Nigeria.

It's a rather beefy lock, totally silver in color and I think they wrote BR on it. I also remember the key to be different than most.

Thanks.

+++++++++++

Okay I located it, it's a B&K. Is this a good security lock? Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I fell victim to this and the asshat aluminum roofer just put the damn aluminum on even though the wood underneath was shoddy. I'll be redoing the entire roofing when this was is worn out.

No pride of workmanship at all in some of this people.

Like I always say,we lack intergrity and empathy in business dealings with our neighbors,friends and family members, all in a bid to make money these Shylock and charlatan artisans disgusting as builders will ensure the money you spend on your build becomes ,sinking funds
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IsheriNorthGRA: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I'm looking to identify a specific lock that I bought a few months ago in Nigeria.

It's a rather beefy lock, totally silver in color and I think they wrote BR on it. I also remember the key to be different than most.

Thanks.

+++++++++++

Okay I located it, it's a B&K. Is this a good security lock? Thanks.

B&K isn't really strong. Try F18.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
IsheriNorthGRA:

B&K isn't really strong. Try F18.

Do you have a link?

I'm buying this remotely so the person I'm sending has to be able to find it easily in town.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IsheriNorthGRA: 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Do you have a link?

I'm buying this remotely so the person I'm sending has to be able to find it easily in town.

No, I don't have a link. I've searched the internet for a picture of it but couldn't see. It looks like B&K but it's better than B&K. You will find it anywhere you find B&K.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2017
desiji:

This is what I was able to come up with.

https://www.nairaland.com/2841505/nexthome-2016-construction-daily-updates/9#45743468

There was a link showing the guys work though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'll do a search but it might take a while as we're at over 600 pages now.

600 pages in total which consist of 300 pages of constant fighting, 200 pages of pointing out fraudulent people and only 100 pages of discussion relating to OP. Lol

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2017
ice4u999:

600 pages in total which consist of 300 pages of constant fighting, 200 pages of pointing out fraudulent people and only 100 pages of discussion relating to OP. Lol

None of the fighting involved me. Never wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 11:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Non of the fighting involved me. Never wink

I agree lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
abunafiu:
Renewable Energy rules.

What is your average power consumption in day? Total number of air conditioners running during the day and night? Total wattage of your panels and bateries? Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 12:23am On Mar 19, 2017
AngelicBeing:
This is what you ought to have done from the beginning than trying to play smart, nothing is as strong in the world than to admit that you are wrong when you offend people, apologize & keep apologizing to those you wrong, the word >>>>> l am sorry , please forgive me, l have erred and l am so sorry for the pain l caused you has way of softening the heart of people, learn to do your job diligently , satisfy your clients, life is not about money, money and money / profit because no human will take a dime out of this world, now go and sin no more cool

Apology will not solve this guy problem. If you had worked with him, you will know he is an un-repentant human being. I just don't make such claim. I will make sure every post he has on Nairaland is littered with his atrocities. He gave me the permission in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 12:26am On Mar 19, 2017
abunafiu:
Renewable Energy rules.

I am interested. How can one starts?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:28am On Mar 19, 2017
desiji:
Guys pls stop wasting your hard earn money in my opinion, all these doors can be made locally to meet your specification, get the right guy tell him the thickness of plate you want. The can make it even in 5mm plate thickness as far you're ready to pay, if you don't mind the wight. I believe 2.5mm thickness is many then enough for a door.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:22am On Mar 19, 2017
abunafiu:
Renewable Energy rules.
How did you achieve this?. IS this same solar system we have been talking about here?. This is great man
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:34am On Mar 19, 2017
HsLBroker:
sir, please i want to know where this site located, i mean fastshipping site
having read as many comments about you here, i think you should re-brand yourself. You dont need to argue even if you sure you are right. You know customers always right. I felt bad when i read your comments. Seems like you are trying hard to win customers' favors. It is hard for me not to believe fastshipping brother with evidences he puts out and others testifying to the fact.

I follow your works and i have always appreciate them. You almost got emotional when you talked about having wife and kids and your reputation at stake. In that case, you may just need to re-brand, apologize and fix things. I know it is not easy but putting up further argument with your clients will solve nothing. Just cool off and think of way forward. Your client frustration is quiet understandable. it is not easy in this tough time to have roof done and redone. That's money at stake here and you need to please be considerate. Dont try to put yourself in the "right" position. You know your business and career is at stake here.

Just my 10 cent advice brother.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Innu: 5:25am On Mar 19, 2017
HsLBroker:
this the job we went to do at asaba, i have never met the man before that gave me this job, before he gave me the money and i did is job

Am surprised to see my structure on Social media without my permission. I remember you requested for permission but can't remember approving it. Rather when I finally met you around 10pm when you brought the woods, I told you that my permission to bring the work to Nairaland will be after the job is satisfactorily done; this was not to be. I also remember telling you am not the troublesome type but you should do my job as we agreed.
Did you bother to confirm that I was satisfied.
Did you even communicate with me again after you received the last part of your funds 2 days before completion of job and that was even done in the most unruly manner.
Why have you not called back to cover the wood work you did, or did you not give a quote for that?
Did you remember the last time we communicated on the job - it was about 2 days before the end of the job and it was about money not quality of job being done.
For your information, not everyone has the PHD (pull him down) syndrome in them.
Part of your work was pulled down and corrected. All would have been pulled down but for funds so the guys that covered it only did damage control.
One of the things I can say about you is: Once a price has been agreed, you become more interested in the money than the job.

I hope you won't want me to write beyond this. It's not really in many people to do this. But please mend your ways.
I rest my case.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 5:44am On Mar 19, 2017
amanikondo:

Apology will not solve this guy problem. If you had worked with him, you will know he is an un-repentant human being. I just don't make such claim. I will make sure every post he has on Nairaland is littered with his atrocities. He gave me the permission in the first place.
l understand, l hope he truly repents and turn a new leaf or else his source of income will crash permanently on Nairaland sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 6:37am On Mar 19, 2017
Innu:

Am surprised to see my structure on Social media without my permission. I remember you requested for permission but can't remember approving it. Rather when I finally met you around 10pm when you brought the woods, I told you that my permission to bring the work to Nairaland will be after the job is satisfactorily done; this was not to be. I also remember telling you am not the troublesome type but you should do my job as we agreed.
Did you bother to confirm that I was satisfied.
Did you even communicate with me again after you received the last part of your funds 2 days before completion of job and that was even done in the most unruly manner.
Why have you not called back to cover the wood work you did, or did you not give a quote for that?
Did you remember the last time we communicated on the job - it was about 2 days before the end of the job and it was about money not quality of job being done.
For your information, not everyone has the PHD (pull him down) syndrome in them.
Part of your work was pulled down and corrected. All would have been pulled down but for funds so the guys that covered it only did damage control.
One of the things I can say about you is: Once a price has been agreed, you become more interested in the money than the job.

I hope you won't want me to write beyond this. It's not really in many people to do this. But please mend your ways.
I rest my case.

You are the 6th. The same thing repeating itself. Same pattern. You are lucky he did not put your surname on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.