Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,244 members, 7,846,146 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (853) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4465097 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) ... (3686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:20pm On Jan 30, 2018
Empiree:
i was scared to watch at first knowing too well you wanted to throw something at my face grin cheesy Indeed, tax thing is hell. I think it is best to pay it off as soon as it is due instead of waiting 1 year or 2. Taxes piled up by then. And also not to overwork in the sense that one should not simply buy bunch of properties just bcus they are cheap. If possible hold on to just one for a while and manage it like that before moving forward. Otherwise, it may be too overwhelming.

One of the reason I stay out Detroit
The Detroit is coming back
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
Melahou:

I have the drawers
Good...If u intend to build soon, i will advise u to engage someone who is likely to execute the job to give u an estimate, it will be more accurate or close. I don't think anyone will take d stress to do that here. But if what u need is just a guess estimate, for 4bedroom & 2 detached single rooms, u can budget something around 8m(na guess ooo)....for raft like u said it will likely cost more...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
Empiree:
Damn you must have seen hell the way you sound. That's what i do actually. Four (4) days a week so i can have time for their madness. Now let me ask you how you handle additional 'tenants' like family members or friends who crept in and stay permanently without formally informing you?. You really mean tenant to the point of bankrupting them. I wanted to make that move in 2010 against one but lawyer and broker told me to let it slide.
If u are a tenant and u own me money
My goal is to collect as long as you have a JOB
Get ur State tax ,
Go after ur account
the reason I love to have judgement with Judgement I will collect
I don't buy trash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2018
GoodFaith:

One of the reason I stay out Detroit
The Detroit is coming back
Yes, i sensed the difference compared to 2013. I noticed it is getting back on it feet. That's what i am waiting for though. So base on your experience shows you lived there before. Is it that bad with tenants situation or what?. I haven't rent mine yet. I keep is vacant till i am ready.

What do you think about the idea of hiring home management company like Castle home management which just closed down recently?. They simply help people especially property owners living outside of DT. They rent and manage tenants and the house for 76$ a month according to Castle. Did you ever use this service or you have experience with them?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
EgunMogaji:

May I ask you something?

Why do you think I would want to throw something at your face?

I don't do East Coast, if I did then I would most likely be doing what you are doing.
LOL, i know you just being real. I ain't take it personal. I think you said you live in Texas cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2018
GoodFaith:

I put money in my properties
one of my kitchen
me and my handy man put the kitchen together

Wooow, nice. This better be your personal kitchen or for decent tenant. I was told not to waste money fancy design for rented building or apartment bcus most of those tenants in DT are not used to living in in nice building nor know how to maintain equipments. It is better to give them basics

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2018
Empiree:
Yes, i sensed the difference compared to 2013. I noticed it is getting back on it feet. That's what i am waiting for though. So base on your experience shows you lived there before. Is it that bad with tenants situation or what?. I haven't rent mine yet. I keep is vacant till i am ready.

What do you think about the idea of hiring home management company like Castle home management which just closed down recently?. They simply help people especially property owners living outside of DT. They rent and manage tenants and the house for 76$ a month according to Castle. Did you ever use this service or you have experience with them?
Property management companies make their money from Repairs
If they spend $300 for repairs u might get a bill for $750
I have seeing the games of property management company it is really sad
I had to take over my brother property because of the games add my brother property to my busy schedule
Is crazy,
I can ask you to try Peter his company management one of the place I had condo
He has a repair team
Brass Titan LLC
Real Estate & Property Management
PO Box 81367 Rochester, MI 48308-1367
248.853.7050 Office
248.853.7060 Fax

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
Empiree:
Wooow, nice. This better be your personal kitchen or for decent tenant. I was told not to waste money fancy design for rented building or apartment bcus most of those tenants in DT are not used to living in in nice building nor know how to maintain equipments. It is better to give them basics
My property is not in Detroit
Rent is $1,150 monthly
two bedroom , one and half bath, finish basement
My property are nice
I have the property below for rent
Rent is $1080
two bedroom, one bath ranch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
Empiree:
LOL, i know you just being real. I ain't take it personal. I think you said you live in Texas cheesy

Good, I mean no harm or disrespect ever.

I'm near Los Angeles. I briefly lived in Texas for four years but came back to California as I couldn't deal with all the insect and snow/ice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Good, I mean no harm or disrespect ever.

I'm near Los Angeles. I briefly lived in Texas for four years but came back to California as I couldn't deal with all the insect and snow/ice.
i thought TX doesnt snow My in-law showed me few snowflakes early this month by the way. She lives in Houston. That means you can't live in NY grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2018
Empiree:
i thought TX doesnt snow My in-law showed me few snowflakes early this month by the way. She lives in Houston. That means you can't live in NY grin

Global warming
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
GoodFaith:

Property management companies make their money from Repairs
If they spend $300 for repairs u might get a bill for $750
I have seeing the games of property management company it is really sad
I had to take over my brother property because of the games add my brother property to my busy schedule
Is crazy,
I can ask you to try Peter his company management one of the place I had condo
He has a repair team
Brass Titan LLC
Real Estate & Property Management
PO Box 81367 Rochester, MI 48308-1367
248.853.7050 Office
248.853.7060 Fax

i sensed something must be phishy. That's sad. Thank God i asked. But i will definitely need their service. Can't handle long distance property management like i do here. Thanks for this recommendation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
GoodFaith:

Global warming
and some still think this is a joke. Even nigeria got cold last December. People complained
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zeelo2014: 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2018
zeelo2014:
Please I need a reliable contact for stainless rails. Pls quote me and mention the moniker. Thanks
Help!!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
Empiree:

I lived north of Dallas (tornado alley), it snows and ices up there.

I work out of my companies Atlanta offices occasionally. I'm not a fan of East Coast in general. I'm very specific where I live.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I lived north of Dallas (tornado alley), it snows and ices up there.

I work out of my companies Atlanta offices occasionally. I'm not a fan of East Coast in general. I'm very specific where I live.
Lol, you sound like "policy man". Texas is really a new experience for me. Something i didnt experience in NY. I was there last May driving around. At every 1 mile google navigation was alerting tornado cheesy . I was like 'ori iya mi o' especially at night on highway, i heard tornado is 5 miles away shocked grin cheesy. I dont get such alert in NY whatsoever. My cousin who was contemplating relocating to TX was like 'this is deal breaker, i cant live in TX' cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2018
GoodFaith:

I told u I follow a tenant to bankruptcy court
I don't play with my rent
I am bless to work four days a week , If I am not on call
So I have time to play the BS with tenants
Court system work in the areas I have my properties

Speaking about following tenant to bankruptcy court, how do you go about this?. I would imagine state law protects garnishment of their tax (return) needless to say filing bankruptcy. I don't think this ever happened in NY. Usually landlords let go of money owe to them or caught it in half but tenant must move.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:14am On Jan 31, 2018
Don't Mess with Texas!

Anyways I hail o.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 31, 2018
3strikes:
Don't Mess with Texas!

Anyways I hail o.

Eye haf fainted grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2018
Good morning house, please some one should recommends good waterproof material for my tank area (deck), price and where to buy it. the concrete has already been done but the tank is yet to be install
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by texttect: 11:37am On Jan 31, 2018
Land for sale at Ayobo Ipaja, 850k per plot,Serious buy should call 08028865360

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
texttect:
Land for sale at Ayobo Ipaja, 850k per plot,Serious buy should call 08028865360
A Plot?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2018
Nbg4real:
Good morning house, please some one should recommends good waterproof material for my tank area (deck), price and where to buy it. the concrete has already been done but the tank is yet to be install
cc: spyder88
Hajj mafuta
Egunmogoji and co.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2018
Nbg4real:
Hajj mafuta
Egunmogaji and co.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2018
Nbg4real:
Hajj mafuta
Egunmogaji and co.

@Gbadexy

I know he sells some paints that are waterproof.

Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GallantGalaxy: 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2018
Buyer beware.

Less than 5m and you are on your own

Empiree:
A Plot?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
GallantGalaxy:
Buyer beware.

Please explain in more detail if you can.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2018
GallantGalaxy:
Buyer beware.

You think i am stupid grin

Even before i bought my wristwatch i paraded the seller for 6 months investigating the watch talkless of land grin cheesy grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
When it comes to Nigeria tenant matter, we act as if Nigerian tenant problem is horrible. I can tell anybody that cares to listen that it is worst in the US depending on states. I just loss a $400k house to the system in 2017. Tenant refused to move out. destroy things around the house and call the City to report that the house was in bad shape. All lies and she even contradicted herself in court. The judge just disregard that, gave her three months to leave and she was told not to pay me for the past three month she owes. Guess what, she did not move or pay anything.

Then, I'm told to return to court to start fighting all over again after about 7months into this nightmare. I just told the bank to go get their house, am no longer interested. Went to court 9 different times and the judge that gave her all the time in the world now sees me again in another section, then said that she can not believe the woman has not moved yet. " That's not Fair; pls go fill for eviction" she told me.

I was like God Fire your ass!!! I wish that money I invested in that deal was taking to my Nigeria. It will never be like this in Nigeria. I have couple of properties in Nigeria. and I have never have to deal with is kind of injustice.

In all, Nigeria is a crazy place, but common sense still dey !!!

Empiree:
Take it easy with these hours ooo. That's a killer. Wait oo, this cities you mentioned earlier, aren't they in the DT?. Never heard of them. I dont live in DT. I only visit since 2013 after i dumped Atlanta. Now you gave me heads up about DT court system. But guess what?. I wont be pained. NYC court system is worst. They back tenant. It was bloomberg administration that enacted pro-tenant law. At the minimum, if everything goes smooth without either party play games, it takes 90days. You first go to lawyer to issue one month quit notice to tenant. If tenant move out, thats good news. If not, you then start court proceeding. Give at least two weeks before court date. After that, you and tenant go to court. If you win, which is another extra one month minimum. Believe me, court will give tenant one month to move. You see three months already gone. Right there judge or resolution room would tell tenant to come back to court if he cant move with convincing evidence why a month is not enough (which most of them do). So after one month, you better pay marshal the first time you go to court. If you wait till the end of his/her tenancy before you pay marshal, tenant will take advantage and live another 2 months. Marshal eviction is taking up to two months in NYC now. I had a tenant lived in my house 11 months rent free 7yrs ago. It was tough time for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Melahou(m): 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
Rubbiish:

Good...If u intend to build soon, i will advise u to engage someone who is likely to execute the job to give u an estimate, it will be more accurate or close. I don't think anyone will take d stress to do that here. But if what u need is just a guess estimate, for 4bedroom & 2 detached single rooms, u can budget something around 8m(na guess ooo)....for raft like u said it will likely cost more...

I have been given an estimate but I feel it's way too high so I need a second opinion so as to make a decision...
A rough estimate is not a bad idea
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
true2home:

When it comes to Nigeria tenant matter, we act as if Nigerian tenant problem is horrible. I can tell anybody that cares to listen that it is worst in the US depending on states. I just loss a $400k house to the system in 2017. Tenant refused to move out. destroy things around the house and call the City to report that the house was in bad shape. All lies and she even contradicted herself in court. The judge just disregard that, gave her three months to leave and she was told not to pay me for the past three month she owes. Guess what, she did not move or pay anything.

Then, I'm told to return to court to start fighting all over again after about 7months into this nightmare. I just told the bank to go get their house, am no longer interested. Went to court 9 different times and the judge that gave her all the time in the world now sees me again in another section, then said that she can not believe the woman has not moved yet. " That's not Fair; pls go fill for eviction" she told me.

I was like God Fire your ass!!! I wish that money I invested in that deal was taking to my Nigeria. It will never be like this in Nigeria. I have couple of properties in Nigeria. and I have never have to deal with is kind of injustice.

In all, Nigeria is a crazy place, but common sense still dey !!!

grin grin grin I am sorry this happened to you and i am sorry for laughing but it is not a laughing matter at all. Which state this happened?. Look, anytime i take tenant to court, it is for Holdover (eviction). I dont take them to court to collect money. It is endless cycle. If you take them to court for Holdover case, no matter what, they MUST move. But saying you want to collect your money will complicate everything. take them to court and count your lost and save long battle. The reason my tenant stayed long for 11 months was bcuz that was my first experience. I didnt want judicial process. I thought i could handled them by persuading them and forgo a month rent. I didnt realize i was dealing with "profession tenant" as they are called. Attorney I hired was the one who told me about same people, that he dealt with them 7 years earlier.

From The time i started official process to the time they were physically evicted, took 6 months. But they didnt leave without major emotional damage (they reported my house to the city over 10 times and city raided my house).

Karma catched them now. I see them walk the street. Which means they lost their car and license. They do pass by my house (probably) think i no longer live their. They thought i lost it finally.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
This happened in State of Maryland, Greenbelt to be precise. That city is notorious for backing tenant. It was funny at first for me too because I was thinking the case was a simple one. After three months, I realized what am in for.

I didn't want the money at all. I wanted her to leave but the lawyer said that the court will not even entertain that. The first thing in this town is to file for Non payment, then progress forward from there. The thing drove me to think of crazy stuff to do, but I no want go jail for stupid and racist people.

Empiree:
grin grin grin I am sorry this happened to you and i am sorry for laughing but it is not a laughing matter at all. Which state this happened?. Look, anytime i take tenant to court, it is for Holdover (eviction). I dont take them to court to collect money. It is endless cycle. If you take them to court for Holdover case, no matter what, they MUST move. But saying you want to collect your money will complicate everything. take them to court and count your lost and save long battle. The reason my tenant stayed long for 11 months was bcuz that was my first experience. I didnt want judicial process. I thought i could handled them by persuading them and forgo a month rent. I didnt realize i was dealing with "profession tenant" as they are called. Attorney I hired was the one who told me about same people, that he dealt with them 7 years earlier.

From The time i started official process to the time they were physically evicted, took 6 months. But they didnt leave without major emotional damage (they reported my house to the city over 10 times and city raided my house).

Karma catched them now. I see them walk the street. Which means they lost their car and license. They do pass by my house (probably) think i no longer live their. They thought i lost it finally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) ... (3686) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Juxtix88 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.