Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,013 members, 7,852,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4483057 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) ... (3689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adeyanwale5(m): 11:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
please house, i need quotation for 2bedroom flat with 3 toilet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 1:50am On Feb 08, 2018
kopell:
Hunnn, I understand your concern. With many of these guys, it’s had to get things right 100% as you wished, if you get 85% right with many of them, you’re very lucky. Otherwise it’s will cost you more, if you push to had on them. Talking from Experience, that Conpany is still very fear from other big names. Thanks to Hajji my deal with them last year, save me over 340k compare with other big names in the market. Best of luck.

Anytime you go shopping with the guy that will do the work, just know that you are being cheated. It is an unwritten rule. It only takes a "coded" look at the seller to understand that you are game. The guy will go back the same day or next to collect his share. Don't bother going to the seller they recommend. And if you are talking about plumbing or electrical materials, he is definitely bringing some back to the seller at high discount prices. Win-win for them.

You just cannot win.

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:55am On Feb 08, 2018
I have a question for folks that do not live in their houses in Nigeria full time.

I've heard from other relatives that when they get back to Nigeria that they have to deal with a lot of dust and mildew.

What if any is the solution short fo allowing the MaiGuard to have access to the interior of the house and allow a Maid to clean. I really don't like that as a solution.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 8:12am On Feb 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I have a question for folks that do not live in their houses in Nigeria full time.

I've heard from other relatives that when they get back to Nigeria that they have to deal with a lot of dust and mildew.

What if any is the solution short fo allowing the MaiGuard to have access to the interior of the house and allow a Maid to clean. I really don't like that as a solution.

Thanks.

I don't think this will be a good solution, if you do clean up on quarterly basis ,I assure you thatthe inventories of items in the house will also reduce every quarter.

This would have being a very good business plan to set up a cleaning company that helps people in diaspora to take care of the cleaning of their houses in absentia with a detailed inventory management systems of the house to client on every clean up

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soke02(m): 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
u can contact Me all for all type of blocks I can deliver to any part in lag. 08087045465
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
folmus:

We need pictures of these baskets o. Abeg. make we learn. cheesy cheesy

This is how it looks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
Nbg4real:
Good evening all. is it possible to do the attached roofing with step tiles?

Yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
Mup4life:
From delta where i come from it is not done, maybe in lagos because of the nature of their soil.

But how many persons can come out and say i built my 3bedroom flat with baskets as base for the columns?

If this is the norm i would like to see pics of this, as we have many building projects here on nairaland which i have been following and i have not seen anything of such.

You can pls post link to such bungalow foundation to clear my doubts.

Bros, I actually have. I'll just need to dig deep into my Gallery to get you pictures.

All columns should have a footing to spread load. Because it's not done sometimes doesnt mean the not doing it is right. I assume you're an Engineer too.

You know how point load exerts force on its surface area and how a uniformly distributed load also exerts force...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
Raincache:

For the straight line bungalow, it is 4700naira per metre sir

I have a 27m x 14m duplex. Does this mean 385,000 Will finish the rain water collector? Including downpipes and all other accessories?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thank you for the response BUT

I don’t do meters.

Thanks.

Lol grin

Egumogaji

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Raincache: 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
KolaShangOne:

I have a 27m x 14m duplex. Does this mean 385,000 Will finish the rain water collector? Including downpipes and all other accessories?

The N4700/m is for a BUNGALOW Sir.
You can get a free quote here http://raincache.ng/quote/
or send your roof plan to sales@raincache.ng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
Raincache:

The N4700/m is for a straight line BUNGALOW Sir.

looking at your price $1,300
for what for the materials and labor
I think I need to ship my materials and just pay for labor
see below
I don't think the materials can be more than $300
shipping likely $250
Nigeria labor N100,000

https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/roofing-soffits-gutters/gutters/gutter-fittings/c-1492703914555.htm?tid=-1201500474138484072

https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/roofing-soffits-gutters/gutters/gutter-fittings/c-1492703914555.htm?Spec_FittingType_facet=Gutter+Drop
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Raincache: 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2018
GoodFaith:

see below
I don't think the maters can be more than $300
shipping likely $250
Nigeria labor N100,000

https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/roofing-soffits-gutters/gutters/gutter-fittings/c-1492703914555.htm?tid=-1201500474138484072

https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/roofing-soffits-gutters/gutters/gutter-fittings/c-1492703914555.htm?Spec_FittingType_facet=Gutter+Drop

I am surprised our prices are cheaper than what menards is selling. Send us your material list and compare the prices.
We have had clients who imported the materials and call us to install, but they realised they could have get it 30% cheaper from us here in Nigeria.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Raincache: 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2018
GoodFaith:

see below
I don't think the maters can be more than $300
shipping likely $250
Nigeria labor N100,000

Raincache:

I am surprised our prices are cheaper than what menards is selling. Send us your material list and compare the prices.
We have had clients who imported the materials and call us to install, but they realised they could have get it 30% cheaper from us here in Nigeria.

Thank you for the call Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2018
KolaShangOne:

Bros, I actually have. I'll just need to dig deep into my Gallery to get you pictures.

All columns should have a footing to spread load. Because it's not done sometimes doesnt mean the not doing it is right. I assume you're an Engineer too.

You know how point load exerts force on its surface area and how a uniformly distributed load also exerts force...

Good one.
I would very much like to see the picture(s).
Patience cannot be exhausted.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:00am On Feb 09, 2018
bixton:

Good one.
I would very much like to see the picture(s).
Patience cannot be exhausted.

Thank you.

The first pic is a bungalow. You can see the pad foundation dug.

2nd is also a bungalow. If you zoom in you can see the mat.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:01am On Feb 09, 2018
Raincache:

The N4700/m is for a straight line BUNGALOW Sir.

Alright thanks...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 2:15am On Feb 09, 2018
KolaShangOne:

The first pic is a bungalow. You can see the pad foundation dug.

2nd is also a bungalow. If you zoom in you can see the mat.

I am very certain this bungalow comes with a concrete fascia/parapet and that is highly not in contention.

THIS Major Argument is in Doing A SOAKAWAY....................
If there is any ENGINEER here to have done soakaway with basket/column base/column, please present your picture(s).

If it's because of me and any concerned follower that any ENGINEER here will immediately attach a basket in his SOAKAWAY design construction please I am only asking for a picture.

SOAKAWAYS are NOT bungalows.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OtunbaLeXuS(m): 2:30am On Feb 09, 2018
Soakaway done by https://www.nairaland.com/abdulwastecx

https://www.nairaland.com/2354065/nairanlanders-building-project#34368855

bixton:

I am very certain this bungalow comes with a concrete fascia/parapet and that is highly not in contention.

THIS Major Argument is in Doing A SOAKAWAY....................
If there is any ENGINEER here to have done soakaway with basket/column base/column, please present your picture(s).

If it's because of me and any concerned follower that any ENGINEER here will immediately attach a basket in his SOAKAWAY design construction please I am only asking for a picture.

SOAKAWAYS are NOT bungalows.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:30am On Feb 09, 2018
OtunbaLeXuS:

Soakaway done by https://www.nairaland.com/abdulwastecx

https://www.nairaland.com/2354065/nairanlanders-building-project#34368855

THANK YOU SIR.
You have tried and I like your technicality.

Rafts are NOT baskets.
Yes, it serves its purpose but it is not same thing as a basket.
Technically it serves its purpose as a column base but cannot be likened to the usage of a basket/column base.

The reason behind using a basket as column base is entirely different when a raft is recommended for use.

A raft is not a substitute for basket as semovita is substitute for garri.
A sketch is not same as a drawing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by azpekuliar: 10:16am On Feb 09, 2018
Please can someone give the current construction cost per square meter for raft foundation? Location is Badore, Ajah.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by azpekuliar: 10:19am On Feb 09, 2018
Can the construction experts help identify the type of foundation this is? The foundation is for a 6-bedroom house.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 09, 2018
azpekuliar:
Please can someone give the current construction cost per square meter for raft foundation? Location is Badore, Ajah.

Let me have the design.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
azpekuliar:
Can the construction experts help identify the type of foundation this is? The foundation is for a 6-bedroom house.
Likely to be raft.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by azpekuliar: 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
Rubbiish:

Likely to be raft.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kimiwa: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
adeyanwale5:
Our gurus
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
adeyanwale5:

I don't think anyone will answer your question without details.
design, type of land, location of project etc all contribute to cost

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adeyanwale5(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
yak:

I don't think anyone will answer your question without details.
design, type of land, location of project etc all contribute to cost

thanks YAK...

i need simple designs for 2 bedroom flat and 3 bathroom ,
plain land and;
the project location is Niger state

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
adeyanwale5:

thanks YAK...

i need simple designs for 2 bedroom flat and 3 bathroom ,
plain land and;
the project location is Niger state

I can give you a design at a cost.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tobbyboy2011: 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
Please how many blocks will complete a 3 flats of 2bedroom from bungalow to lintel ??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
tobbyboy2011:
Please how many blocks will complete a 3 flats of 2bedroom from bungalow to lintel ??

If you have the design plan kindly post it here, you might be lucky to get a feedback.

(1) (2) (3) ... (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) ... (3689) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timelineinc and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.