Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,899 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana (39080 Views)

NOI POLL: Nigerians Rate Osinbajo Higher Than Buhari / We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / Reuben Abati Reveals Biggest Wars Jonathan Fought In Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by akpumping7720(m): 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
adjoviomole:

Sebi u went to school? Define stealing and then corruption and afterwards tell me if they are different or not?
Your statement is vague!
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by citizenY(m): 11:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
IsiCaterpillar:
this man again
Na idleness... No more election tribunals.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by totorimi: 2:23am On Aug 26, 2015
All I know is that I thank God Almighty for touching the heart of GEJ to concede to defeat without a single complaint, because if he didn't what these people planned to do with human blood soaked with baboon blood hmmm. we just have to thank God.maybe by now ISIS headquarters would have moved to kano. For this peace alone, I give God the glory and I love GEJ. God bless a good hearted man who never believed his ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. And for those who were planning to destroy Nigeria should they not get the power all I can say is that those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Jalinco: 4:29am On Aug 26, 2015
Who paid you to assemble this lies?
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by pfadom: 4:41am On Aug 26, 2015
Even the devil can dispute Falana in this regard.

He checked ghost workers and pensioners and thereby saving millions of Naira for the FG, yet no one was linked to the fraud because that was corruption. However, direct stealing of billions of US dollars in cash and through shady transfers without having to carry "ghana must go" was evident, but nothing was done, because "stealing isn't corruption".
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by pfadom: 4:47am On Aug 26, 2015
totorimi:
All I know is that I thank God Almighty for touching the heart of GEJ to concede to defeat without a single complaint, because if he didn't what these people planned to do with human blood soaked with baboon blood hmmm. we just have to thank God.maybe by now ISIS headquarters would have moved to kano. For this peace alone, I give God the glory and I love GEJ. God bless a good hearted man who never believed his ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. And for those who were planning to destroy Nigeria should they not get the power all I can say is that those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.

Did he not lose the presidential election? If a soccer team is said to have lost a game with a lone goal deficit without having to concede defeat, so 2.5 millions deficit should be celebrated for conceding defeat!
What a country!
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by pfadom: 5:01am On Aug 26, 2015
dearpreye:
Hmmm! Sensible and unemotional Nigerians knew these all along.

GEJ didn't really believe in jailing ONE person as he did in creating institutions that will make corruption difficult to thrive.

BTW, why is Falana saying these NOW?

Tell that to a dying nation!!

Saved some millions in Naira from ghosts (workers and pensioners), but real workers and pensioners are dying because of unpaid entitlements.
Yet no single perpetrator was apprehended and presented to the whole nation to see, yet petty pickpockets are regularly paraded by the police.

On the other hand, billions of dollars exchanged hands without having to carry Ghana must go - we are all witnesses to sudden refunds in recent times -but the GEJ led FG was helpless because stealing wasn't corruption.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by awoluyi(m): 5:32am On Aug 26, 2015
I believe most of the commentators on Femi Falana's interview on channelstv on monday 24 August 2015 never watched the program . He did not critice PMB, all he said was that " GEJ fought corruption in his own way and style".
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by BetaThings: 5:39am On Aug 26, 2015
I watched the programme

You guys did not watch the video !!!!!

This is a lie

[size=16pt]Falana DID NOT say what is captioned[/size]
He said every government fought corruption its own way
Jonathan sacked three ministers and recovered money from Abacha

He then expressed surprise over the noise about Buhari's actions
He added that
"This is a class war
The rich are under house arrest
Law enforcement agencies get search warrant to go after the rich

But they don't place the poor under house arrest
They don't need search arrest to deal with the poor

The Peace Committee is just demonstrating class solidarity
This is not about rule of law but about ruse of law

The police write polite letters to the rich to invite them
Do they write letters to the poor to invite them
No, they pounce on them!"

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by 9jii(m): 6:19am On Aug 26, 2015
greatehis:

Why are you still deceiving your self. can you be more intelligent that a SAN? Who are you in the ranking of human beings? GEJ is a PHD holder. by the way, know intellectual will call stealing corruption because they have different meaning in the dictionary. he never said its good to practice it.He said they don't mean the same thing. your hypocritical mind want it to be said the other way, yes that is the kind of life Nigerians live, its called self delusion. this is the way he should have said it and the way me met it. Does that makes it right?
hahahah.
SAN n PHD ?
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by j1mmy: 8:59am On Aug 26, 2015
Unsad:
Falana, a typical Yoruba. Curse yesterday and bless today. Smh.
I've always said it that GEJ would be praised when he leaves office by the same Nigerians who cursed him. I miss you GEJ, even though PMB is way better.

way better?
What has he done already?
only mumu Nigerians fall for the mere talk of "I will do something"

GEJ and Buhari are both useless
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by kolaaderin: 10:43am On Aug 26, 2015
udeh3:

This is the reality... More to come. GEJ will be seriously missed, It's just a matter of time!

No sane Nigerians will miss that Jonathan except for the insane ones like you.
Go and watch the video and stop spreading lies. FALANA was mocking JONA administration, he said all previous administration claimed to have fight corruption in their own ways, even Jona also claimed to have done same and we all know is style was a disaster.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by ocelot2006(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
akpumping7720:

Pls I take almighty God beg you, don't ever in your life quote and insult me like this again. Pls state your point without insulting me and move on. For the fact that we are on a faceless forum doesn't create room for you to insult me.

Why the hell won't I pounce on your case when you come up with that useless post of yours? Maybe next time you'll think twice when you and your kind create provocative posts like that.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by danpaul1(m): 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u truly a wailer, PMB has not even settle down yet, u saTANist are already afraid of probe,
Is it by 2019 that buhari would finally settle down?
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by udeh3(m): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
kolaaderin:

No sane Nigerians will miss that Jonathan except for the insane ones like you.
Go and watch the video and stop spreading lies. FALANA was mocking JONA administration, he said all previous administration claimed to have fight corruption in their own ways, even Jona also claimed to have done same and we all know is style was a disaster.

I don't know why people like you don't understand d simple meaning of opinion...
Secondly, I didn't insult anybody to make my point clear...
It's obvious you lack manners and should try and get one, It's free!
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by akpumping7720(m): 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
ocelot2006:

Why the hell won't I pounce on your case when you come up with that useless post of yours? Maybe next time you'll think twice when you and your kind create provocative posts like that.
What's dis foolish fool saying?When I came up with a useless post, how does this affect you? See me see wahala oooo. U sure say u well so? Did I quote you or what? Pls just channel your mannerless attitude to somewhere else...
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by ocelot2006(m): 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2015
akpumping7720:

What's dis foolish fool saying?When I came up with a useless post, how does this affect you? See me see wahala oooo. U sure say u well so? Did I quote you or what? Pls just channel your mannerless attitude to somewhere else...

Oh buzz off you silly t.wat.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by ehissi(m): 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
The greatest problem for Former President Goodluck Jonathan (and the greatest blessing for His political Opposition) was insecurity as well as GEJ own unconventional style/approach in the area of corruption!!

I remember a media chat he gave back in the day on the corruption issue and it also altered my mindset on corruption!!

He said for man to be charged for financial misappropriation or corruption in a law court; you would have to have enough weight of evidence as close to as much as 80 if not 90 to 95% enough to secure a conviction else you would lose cause the person will go to court with their own lawyers too; then there is also the question of how much you will spend prosecuting such a case. Looking at the weight of evidence you have at your disposal and the expenditure you have to make going to court; is it worth proceeding to court? Why not improve the system and channel that money you want to spend on prosecution on other productive endeavours?

The DFID spends £750,000 annually; money given to the UK to help fight corruption perpetuated by foreign government officials on UK soil!!

But even the DFID were upset that they had to Spend over £5,000,000 investigating only ibori's case (that is money they would ordinarily budget for UK police 4 over 6 years), an investigation that was done following this guy on 5 different continents, spanning 10years - you are an EFCC agent, tell your supervisor during valentine period that you want to tail Ibori to Hawaii and ask for estacode and see if you will not spend valentine inside cell - this money doesn't include what was spent on Ibori's UK trial £40,000 a week.

In all, an estimated £14,000,000 was spent prosecuting only ibori; a figure in today's money which represents the 10 year recurrent capital expenditure of all the anti corruption agencies in Nigeria!!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ibori-bags-13-years-jail-term-in-uk/113990/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17728357

http://thenationonlineng.net/iboris-conviction-gulped-14m-says-senate/

https://www.nairaland.com/2171287/iboris-conviction-gulped-14m-says

http://antifraudintl.org/threads/james-ibori.67623/

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/may/22/met-officers-nigerian-embezzler-conviction?newsfeed=true

Question, why not stigmatise the fellow using Civil society groups or media through politics to discourage the man from public office in the future, Strengthen local and National institutions to take action without direct influence from the executive arm of government and then use the money to actually better the lives of Nigerians?

The first time I heard a spokesman for the Presidency say that it won't be stampeded into taking a decision on a matter; it was during GEJ administration, in the wake of the bullet proof scandal!! This language was borrowed by Buhari's Spokesman as well as Lai Mohammed concerning Buhari slow response to appointing ministers claiming it was a decision made in the Spirit of anti-corruption!

For those who didn't know, Stella Oduah as aviation minister was actually an asset to this country; one reason why she was tagged as Goodluck's favourite minister - please do not take my word for it!

Asides the corruption scandal over the bullet proof cars, find our her achievements for yourself, from cancellation of lopsided multi-billion Naira concessional agreements that wasn't in Nigeria's interest, battling for fair flight frequencies on international routes like LOS-LHR/LGW (lagos to london) etc. It was in the course of her tenure that Nigeria for the first time in its history gained Presidency of ICAO - the international civil aviation Organisation - a big plus for Nigeria!!

Funny enough, as much as I do not approve of how it was purchased, the bullet proof cars were bought for use of delegates both local and international of ICAO and other visiting International Aviation agency representatives!!

But even as much as she was an asset to Goodluck, the fellow after the heat raised by civil society and Political opposition in the media died down, simply reshuffled cabinet and sent her home!! It was only when the cabinet reshuffle was announced that I remembered that media chat and smiled!!

For some folks; that action promotes corruption, but when you know what your priorities are and the resources at your table then you ask yourself the right question!!

If you were goodluck's adviser, would you advise him to ask EFCC to investigate IBORI and spend £14,000,000 prosecuting him - a figure in today's money which represents the 10 year recurrent capital expenditure of all the anti corruption agencies in Nigeria - in the midst of a country filled with hundreds of his type because you want to please both media, opposition and civil society groups?

Even buhari - Mr Anti-corruption - quickly change mouth after swearing in and said only GEJ's administration will be probed; and even at that, he cannot afford to have time for everybody!!

But even he too is applying too much executive influence as opposed to allowing judicial and anti-corruption institutions to grow!!

So the fact that Goodluck doesn't practically lynch suspected looters from office - like OBJ did matching out Tafa Balogun in handcuff barefoot or his style of dealing with corruption is unconventional doesn't means he promotes corruption! Understand the man's view on the subject; then you do your own investigations and you will see that he doesn't even treat anti-corruption lightly!!

They are those who argue that this tactics of openly disgracing looters and prosecuting them at all cost will discourage but unfortunately they are so wrong!!

Chinese laws are one of the stiffest in the world in the area of anti-corruption; with punitive measures ranging from Life-imprisonment to capital punishment (the death sentence)!!

But public officials still steal in china, if the possibility of dying or life in prison isn't enough to discourage crime then what is? In fact, there are even alleged cases in China where people of influence pay for plastic surgery to be done on people who will be made to look like them and then pay such people to serve their sentences in prison - the only place where such allegations have ever been made is china which even has the stiffest punishment so think about!!

From former Chinese President's Hu chin Tao Vice to Hu chin tao initial anointed political successor within the communist party Bo Xilai - infact Bo Xilai's wife was first accused of murder the Bo Xilai himself was accused of corruption - and even the means with which his trial which lasted 5 days is suspect; purportedly used to create for Hu's Personal choice in Current president Li Xi ping!!! A trial where you are not allowed to appoint your own personal lawyer to defend you; underhand tactics - which are against chinese law - used to brown nose the guy out of the Presidency and send him to prison for life!! View article below

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/27/bo-xilai-china-trial-smokescreen-president

My conclusion; the fact that Goodluck's approach to corruption is unconventional doesn't means he promotes corruption! Understand the man's view on the subject and gain insight into how he chose to run government! You will learn leadership at a different level, leadership that was consistent from the first day he was sworn in till he handed over office!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" / British Military Team Arrives Nigeria To Train Air Force Personel In Kaduna.PICS / Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.