Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana (39082 Views)

NOI POLL: Nigerians Rate Osinbajo Higher Than Buhari / We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / Reuben Abati Reveals Biggest Wars Jonathan Fought In Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by petchi: 2:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
Hahaha...for the first time a Yoruba man has boldly said the truth. I know all the dullards will not like to hear this.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by nogames: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
[quote author=Dee60 post=37319549]If you want to retain your sanity please stay away from Nigerian news!

The same man who was crying foul a few weeks ago has started singing praises!

Na wa o.
[/quote
Do mind Nigeria Press, i watched him live on channel yesterday. The man in strong word condemned those clamoring that Buhari should
soft Peder on his anti-corruption stance, in course of doing so, he said every government has way of fighting corruption even Jonathan fought
it in is own way, he mentioned how Jonathan sacked 3 ministers. let the OP past full transcript of the interview here..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
danpaul1:
Femi Falana, a famous Lagos lawyer, has criticized President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption strategy.

The Lagos lawyer while speaking on Channels TV programme said that “contrary to the general belief that former President closed his eyes to corruption, President Goodluck Jonathan did so much in the fight against corruption including the sack of three of his ministers for alleged graft.”

Falana added that Jonathan carried out the most positive loot recovery without making noise about it.

It should be noted that during the Jonathan’s tenure, the administration presented the Single Bank account for the country, saving billions.

Their electronic payroll payment system and the Bio-metric registration of federal personnel recognized 68,000 ghost workers and over 50,000 ghost pensioners.

The previous government also introduced the Single Contract Requisition system with a legislative oversight.

The cashless economy was the cause that “Ghana-Must-Go” vanished in the National Assembly and around the corridors of his government.

https://www.naij.com/528918-jonathan-fought-corruption-civilized-ways-buhari-falana.html
Watch interview here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABrJTTt0UA
If how he handle corruption was civilization then fucck civilization and let's be realistic jare.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by sukkot: 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
Elmasu:
Let the God of Goodluck Ebelechukwu Jonathan be my God, and i say i wonderful Amen ! Surely they shall gather but their gathering isn't for me...
mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Aystarz: 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
blackpanda:
Yoruba people are all the same sha

Falana is a typical two faced backbiter! Never trust a Yoruba man

Scientists are trying to figure out how long human can live without a brain. You can tell them your age.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by danpaul1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
Congrats to me.. My post hits front page smiley
Meanwhile, i think Falana was right. PMB still has military hangover!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by chidiandre(m): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
no offence to this old man but he's saying rubbish.. Jonathan fought against corruption what's wrong with all these old people and saying rubbish....how come billions of dollars went missing during gej regime

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by CyberWolf: 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2015
stinggy:

This is where having reasonable conversation with some of you guys is impossible.

That he supported Buhari before election doesn't mean he can't fault his moves.
Yorubas do not blindly follow and support all your actions just because they like you. Where you excel, they praise you. Where you err, they chastise you!
Not blind follow follow mentality come woe come weal some of you empty heads carry around.
Do you agree with Falana or not?
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by stinggy(m): 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
CyberWolf:
Do you agree with Falana or not?
I do!
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by MKO4ever(m): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
Unsad:
Falana, a typical Yoruba. Curse yesterday and bless today. Smh.
I've always said it that GEJ would be praised when he leaves office by the same Nigerians who cursed him. I miss you GEJ, even though PMB is way better.
Falana is a confused man already, but your post shows that you are a more confused individual tongue

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by christinie(f): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
GEJ believes in less noise more action. A leader after my heart. I love you Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. You are indeed a father figure to all. God bless you daddy GEJ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by henryuzor(m): 2:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
danpaul1:

Falana, a true democratic.. A man of the people. PMB still has military hangover. The way he is going about things can be said to mean "witch hunting" at best. U dont fight corruption by ignoring previous thieves and only facing ur perceived enemies. Tinubu, obj, amech etc are known thieves.. Why has no one questioned them? Meanwhile i dedicated dis fp fit to God almighty!
Mumu....what stopped Your Hero GEJ from probing Obj and Tinubu
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by CyberWolf: 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
stinggy:

I do!
How many times have you criticized Buhari's style of governance on this forum?
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by deehusby60: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2015
you probably need more knowledge in order to be able to read and understand what you are reading or phrases... you misquoted GEJ from that words as you are already misquoting Daddy G.O from his comment about being richer than bill gate. learn more bro
akpumping7720:
Falana If I hear....
Even GEJ sef will dispute this Falana's fact. Jonathan that declared openly that 'Stealing is not Corruption' .
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by bellyjean(m): 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
Lmaoooooo grin grin grin ... so leaving Yam with the goat approach is now the civilised way of curbing corruption OR by not disturbing the activities of CORRUPTION CABALS so that they will allow you to do your 'thing' is. Being civilised??

Femi Faalana, I believe you should know better. angry
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Fearcom(m): 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
blackpanda:

Tribal Bigot

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Menace2Society(m): 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
blackpanda:

Illiterate IBO boi grin
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
dearpreye:
Hmmm! Sensible and unemotional Nigerians knew these all along.

GEJ didn't really believe in jailing ONE person as he did in creating institutions that will make corruption difficult to thrive.

The zombies didn't even believe it when Transparency International gave his administration an improved outlook in corruption matters, thanks to the propaganda megaphone from the zombies party.

Unfortunately, like the stiffnecked Jews who didn't bother to really understand what Pontus Pilate was saying about Jesus Christ, they shouted CRUCIFY HIM.

Our people, occasioned by the primitive military regime of the past, only believe corruption can be fought by simply jailing and possibly killing offenders.

BTW, why is Falana saying these NOW?

For the very first time, I disagree with you. GEJ lost the election due to greed and tribalism which was and still is the operating system of the APC. The youths that voted him out were fully conscious but blinded by tribalism. I wish the new administration well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2015
AdamsBashforth:

For the very first time, I disagree with you. GEJ lost the election due to greed and tribalism which was and still is the operating system of the APC. The youths that voted him out were fully conscious but blinded by tribalism. I wish the new administration well.

I appreciate your comment. We all wish the new administration well. We can't do otherwise.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Kiakia(m): 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
I have always had regard for Femi Falana but this time, he disappoints me. Why is he speaking from both sides of the mouth now? He observed all this during the regime of Jonathan and was not man enough to voice it out then. For his Information, PMB has not started the real fight against corruption yet. I believe he is still gathering necessary data to that effect, and doing so subtly. Buhari is about three months in office. Comparing the methods employed in fighting corruption between the two governments at this time is premature, and to my mind, prejudged. Such comparison will be appropriate after the tenure of the incumbent administration.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by stinggy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2015
CyberWolf:
How many times have you criticized Buhari's style of governance on this forum?
His 'crazy' focus on probe leaving vital aspects of governance.
His entourage to US, leaving behind those that matter and going with some air-heads.

Note Falana compared an aspect of Bubu's governance with Jona's, and rates the latter better.
This isn't an overall comparison.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by shotster50(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
Mr Falana is speaking from both sides of his mouth.. I dont quite agree with the trial by media which is currently going on with Buhari, however to compare his efforts to Jonathan is quite comical to say the least.. We all know Jonathan was the CEO of 'come and chop'.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by omogin(f): 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
So who went to jail after discovering ghost workers and pensioners. Falana tell us how much they gave you for this.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by udeh3(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2015
danpaul1:
Femi Falana, a famous Lagos lawyer, has criticized President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption strategy.

The Lagos lawyer while speaking on Channels TV programme said that “contrary to the general belief that former President closed his eyes to corruption, President Goodluck Jonathan did so much in the fight against corruption including the sack of three of his ministers for alleged graft.”

Falana added that Jonathan carried out the most positive loot recovery without making noise about it.

It should be noted that during the Jonathan’s tenure, the administration presented the Single Bank account for the country, saving billions.

Their electronic payroll payment system and the Bio-metric registration of federal personnel recognized 68,000 ghost workers and over 50,000 ghost pensioners.

The previous government also introduced the Single Contract Requisition system with a legislative oversight.

The cashless economy was the cause that “Ghana-Must-Go” vanished in the National Assembly and around the corridors of his government.

https://www.naij.com/528918-jonathan-fought-corruption-civilized-ways-buhari-falana.html
Watch interview here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABrJTTt0UA

This is the reality... More to come. GEJ will be seriously missed, It's just a matter of time!
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Appareil(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
Yoruba people funny eh! See how we regard them with a lot of Admiration in my Country. What ignorance!!!Let God bless GEJ, peaceful and humble man!
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by aye9ice007(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
blackpanda:

I cn see that u neva travel out of that una zoo called biafra cos u r talking like a fool
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
The OP is a liar. Watch the video...Falana never made or even insinuated that false statement.

Wailing wailers everywhere!
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Freshtee(m): 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
[quote author=danpaul1 post=37315735]Femi Falana, a famous Lagos lawyer, has criticized President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption strategy.

This falana guy is two facet jare...everyone one knows how he accused GEJ of cluelessness when the latter removed fuel subsidy in 2012. Y is he praising him now?
I think some people's mouth needs to be shut forever.
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Eazydeek(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
danpaul1:

Falana, a true democratic.. A man of the people. PMB still has military hangover. The way he is going about things can be said to mean "witch hunting" at best. U dont fight corruption by ignoring previous thieves and only facing ur perceived enemies. Tinubu, obj, amech etc are known thieves.. Why has no one questioned them? Meanwhile i dedicated dis fp fit to God almighty!

Why did GEJ ignored OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalam ..etc and his remaining PDP thieves ?

I guess have answered your question
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Eazydeek(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
dearpreye:

GEJ didn't really believe in jailing ONE person as he did in creating institutions that will make corruption difficult to thrive.

The zombies didn't even believe it when Transparency International gave his administration an improved outlook in corruption matters, thanks to the propaganda megaphone from the zombies party.

Unfortunately, like the stiffnecked Jews who didn't bother to really understand what Pontus Pilate was saying about Jesus Christ, they shouted CRUCIFY HIM.

Our people, occasioned by the primitive military regime of the past, only believe corruption can be fought by simply jailing and possibly killing offenders.

Shut up rat !!

Killing and Jailing will scare people off corruption, in Asia countries if you " steal " or you're a proven corrupt politician
You will be shot in the head and you family will pay the government for that " 1 bullet " before you can be buried

Nigerians are stubborn if you don't put Jail or Death in whatever law you make, they will overrule it with there power and money

I guess if GEJ had sentenced OBJ, IBB ...all his PDP thieves to prison for corruption, you won't see witches like Madueke, Okonjo ...etc stealing also

But since Oga Jonah body language embraces corruption
Nothing happened

So shut the hell up
Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Sagamite(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
If is official!

This cretin called Femi Falana has lost his mind.

Now I know he is a pure fuuktard!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana by Heffalump(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
dearpreye:

GEJ's approach was wrong that is why corruption thrived during his time like epidemics. Nigerians don't believe in your so called civilized way of handling corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare / Six States That Can Confidently Survive Without Federal Allocation / Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.